• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

A Hop, NO Skip, and Many Mishaps to a Disney Dream!

Great pictures of the castle and It's a Small World. I guess I am going to have to go on it this year (I was able to not do it last year because it was closed); Mark insists on going at least once each day we visit MK. :eek:

All caught up! Big THunder mountain is Maddie's favorite and she says it's the only rollercoaster she'll ride when we go. Lot's of single rider lanes for me I guess! LOL Love the parade pictures. I've only seen Spectro once and don't remember the music, so I'll probably be ok with the MSEP. We've had great luck with Chip and Dale too - they are a fun character meet. I love the picture you took through the walk-way that you can see the light's on the building - where is that again?

Awesome meet & greet! You only get that at Disney!

Claire's hair looks really good even without the crown! I think I was worrying over the poofiness for nothing! :thumbsup2 Does she still play dress up with the hair at home?

About the hair - just a warning - if it's humid it won't stay looking that nice. When my DD did that hairstyle in 10/09 it was sticking straight up by the middle of the Halloween party because of the humidity :rotfl:

I do too. It makes it so much moe fun.

I've always had the best interactions with Stitch. In 2008 I was wearing little miss trouble t-shirt when I met him and he totally played it up.. then at the character breakfast last year he kept coming back to us and when we were leaving came over to give bigs hugs before we left.. :goodvibes

I love Small world. Your pics are fab! We couldn't go on small world last year because it was closed :( so can't wait to go this year and we will prob go more than once just because we love it cheesey and all as it is. I love how they have Ireland in there as well :)

Love the Its a Small World pictures but the ones with Claire and Chip and Dale are priceless you can just see the joy in her face!

I have been lurking for quite a while, and I love your trip report and all the photos. I have one question though - Did they put different Disney characters into IASM? At Disneyland (I live in Ca) they have put in lots of the characters into the ride as you go through the different rooms - Peter Pan, Tink, Cinderella, Mulan, Ariel and lots more.

Have to say that the Chip and Dale pictures are the best yet! Claire's face is positively glowing and it's filled with such emotion! Totally made me smile! :goodvibes

Wow! I miss a couple days and you have several updates! You're really trying to get this finished before your next trip, aren't you?

My random thoughts:

Teacups - these are my very favorite ride at MK, as only DS and I ride them because they are too spinny for everyone else in the family. :scared1:

I've heard somewhere that many moms cant ride the same rides after having kids cause pregnancy first changes the center of balance, and then with hormones and all, your body just doesn't react like a teenagers anymore! You're just never the same!

Love the Chip & Dale photos. They are the best! We too always have to see them because DH is named Dale!

Keep em coming!

We left Small World.

itsasmallworld.jpg

And hiked across the way to Peter Pan. Next to no wait here.

peterpansflight.jpg

peterpanflight.jpg

claireonpeter.jpg

I tried taking pictures on the ride, but they are all really bad. It’s just too dark and you move too fast to focus on anything if you do get a sliver of light.

We then worked our way over to Dumbo. Of course I took a few shots along the way.

pizzahaus.jpg

peakatcastel.jpg

We had a short line to wait in and I shot a few pictures again.

viewfromdumbo.jpg

viewfromDumbo1.jpg

viewfromdumbo2.jpg

While in line the CM told us to come back at 2:45ish to ride. The characters ride Dumbo at night before the park closes. It sounded like an awesome plan….but we were already starting to get tired and it was only 1:40. I wasn’t sure if we could last that much longer.

Before we knew it, it was time to pick our elephant….of course Claire picked PINK!

dumbo.jpg

viewfromdumbo3.jpg

dumbo1.jpg

It was too dark to take pictures of the construction.

And then I had Claire get a picture on the Dumbo outside of the ride.

dumbo2.jpg

dumbo3.jpg

We saw Goofy by the carrousel and got in line.

carrousel1.jpg

latenightgoofy.jpg

latenightgoofy1-1.jpg

latewithgoofy2.jpg

I wanted to do Haunted Mansion. Claire was unsure. I told her it was all pretend and just think about that while we rode.
We headed that way!

nightshot.jpg

thehauntedmansion.jpg

dearsweetliota.jpg

As we got there, we noticed a large group (well large for that time of night) walking up as well. We ended up right in front of them. They seemed like a fun group, but they kept saying how spooky this was going to be. Of course they were joking, and I made sure Claire knew that so she wouldn’t back out on me.

Great pictures of the castle and It's a Small World. I guess I am going to have to go on it this year (I was able to not do it last year because it was closed); Mark insists on going at least once each day we visit MK. :eek:

I do like it, but I know many people don't. You either love it or hate it.

All caught up! Big THunder mountain is Maddie's favorite and she says it's the only rollercoaster she'll ride when we go. Lot's of single rider lanes for me I guess! LOL Love the parade pictures. I've only seen Spectro once and don't remember the music, so I'll probably be ok with the MSEP. We've had great luck with Chip and Dale too - they are a fun character meet. I love the picture you took through the walk-way that you can see the light's on the building - where is that again?

I don't know if Claire will ride it in the future again. I hope she forgets how fast it goes...or Skip talks her into riding again.
MSEP was good, but just not AS good to me. But many people love it much more.
We loved Chip and Dale. they were so fun.
If it's the on I think you are talking about, it's the walkway through the castle.

About the hair - just a warning - if it's humid it won't stay looking that nice. When my DD did that hairstyle in 10/09 it was sticking straight up by the middle of the Halloween party because of the humidity :rotfl:

I would've liked that look better. LOL!

I've always had the best interactions with Stitch. In 2008 I was wearing little miss trouble t-shirt when I met him and he totally played it up.. then at the character breakfast last year he kept coming back to us and when we were leaving came over to give bigs hugs before we left.. :goodvibes

I love Small world. Your pics are fab! We couldn't go on small world last year because it was closed :( so can't wait to go this year and we will prob go more than once just because we love it cheesey and all as it is. I love how they have Ireland in there as well :)

We have never seen Stitch yet. I hear he is fun too.

Love the Its a Small World pictures but the ones with Claire and Chip and Dale are priceless you can just see the joy in her face!

Thanks. It was great memories!

I have been lurking for quite a while, and I love your trip report and all the photos. I have one question though - Did they put different Disney characters into IASM? At Disneyland (I live in Ca) they have put in lots of the characters into the ride as you go through the different rooms - Peter Pan, Tink, Cinderella, Mulan, Ariel and lots more.

Thanks for reading along! :thumbsup2 Yes the WDW is different and does not have the characters...as of yet.

Have to say that the Chip and Dale pictures are the best yet! Claire's face is positively glowing and it's filled with such emotion! Totally made me smile! :goodvibes

I loved the interaction. They really made it a special time.

Wow! I miss a couple days and you have several updates! You're really trying to get this finished before your next trip, aren't you?

My random thoughts:

Teacups - these are my very favorite ride at MK, as only DS and I ride them because they are too spinny for everyone else in the family. :scared1:

I've heard somewhere that many moms cant ride the same rides after having kids cause pregnancy first changes the center of balance, and then with hormones and all, your body just doesn't react like a teenagers anymore! You're just never the same!

Love the Chip & Dale photos. They are the best! We too always have to see them because DH is named Dale!

Keep em coming!

I am almost done with this day, but have 2 more very full days yet to pst, so it won't be done beforehand. But I want to get into the next day before I go. There is just not enough time in the day.
I totally beleive that about your body. Things are so different after EACH kid I have had.

Very nice pictures of It's a Small World. I love those Castle Shots!

Thanks!!

I've never heard that about the characters riding Dumbo at the end of the night you can bet we'll be stalking Dumbo at the end next time.

Looks like you two are having quite the night.... a late night, but a great one. I can't wait to hear if you make it till closing. So the park was open till 3am? Wow! I don't think we have ever been there with the park open that late. I think 1am is the latest.

Your pictures are so amazing! I just cant say it enough. :worship:

I've never heard that about the characters riding Dumbo at the end of the night you can bet we'll be stalking Dumbo at the end next time.

I have seen pictures here and htere, but never offically knew that. I don't know if it was for only EMH or regular park closing as well.

Looks like you two are having quite the night.... a late night, but a great one. I can't wait to hear if you make it till closing. So the park was open till 3am? Wow! I don't think we have ever been there with the park open that late. I think 1am is the latest.

Your pictures are so amazing! I just cant say it enough. :worship:

It was fun. We really got a lot of rides in. And yes, it was open till 3 that night. After about 12:30-1 the park really emptied out.

Look at that Ticker! 2 weeks from right now I should be on the decent into MCO! OR with luck...landed!

We were led into the stretching room and Claire’s eyes were wide open. I think it’s been at least 3 years since she’s been on here, so I don’t think she remembered anything from any previous rides.

oldladypicture.jpg

oldladystretched.jpg

I held Claire close to me and kept reassuring her it was all pretend. She seemed to be OK though.

hauntedlights.jpg

raven.jpg

crystalballleota.jpg

HauntedMansion1.jpg

HauntedMansion2.jpg

hauntedmansion3.jpg

hauntedmansion4.jpg

The part where you get a ghost hitchhiker was different. I guess they have done something different, but I don’t know what (or if it’s done yet). But we enjoyed it still, though I can’t remember exactly what they did different there this time around. (My memory is fading after a few months time) I do know it looked like construction there and had a big screen over the area. I think the hitchhikers were just standing there waving their thumbs or something. Maybe someone else can help jog my memory.

The good news is that Claire did fine!

hauntedmansion5.jpg

I asked Claire of she wanted to leave now and she said no way. She still needed to ride the Carrousel. Ok then! So we headed back that way. The whole time she talked about how brave she had been on Haunted Mansion and how she just kept telling her mind that it was all pretend and it wasn’t scary then. She liked it. BUT, I’m not sure she would run back to go on it again anytime soon! LOL!

We got to the Carrousel and we had just a small wait. Basically waiting it for it to stop to unload the guests on and then it was our turn. I asked the CM for the Cinderella Horse. I was told it’s no longer there. It was taken away for refurbishment. She suggested another “special” horse. We looked for it and couldn’t find it at all. It was not where she said it was. So she restated again where it was, and we looked. Nope, nothing special at all! The horse was about the ugliest one on the thing! So we asked again, in the meantime a very pretty horse had been taken. I am wondering if that was the one she meant, though it wasn’t in the area she had said. This time she walked us to the horse, the same horse we had looked at. Claire got on it, but there was NOTHING special looking about this horse at all.

While we went around, I took a few more shots.

castlefromcarrousel.jpg

mickeysphilharmagic.jpg

claireoncarrousel.jpg

lookinguponcarrousel.jpg

After the wonderful spin on the Carrousel we saw Donald was out by Mickey’s Philharmagic, so we went over to see him.

Photo2458FourBySix.jpg

Photo2459FourBySix.jpg

Photo2464FourBySix.jpg

donaldsigning1.jpg

Photo2468FourBySix.jpg

donaldsigning2.jpg

Photo2472FourBySix.jpg

donaldsigning3.jpg

Photo2479FourBySix.jpg

donaldsigning4.jpg

I just show Kadence the Haunted Manison pictures and told her it was okay. I showed her that Claire did it! She said that if we go to WDW again "maybe" she try it! :lmao: Thanks, I think Claire convinced her!
We'll see:laughing:

:woohoo: for two weeks... and

:banana: for Claire doing fine on Haunted Mansion. I know it used to really bother my dd.. but last trip she was fine with it. :upsidedow

I :love: Peter Pan, it's my favorite of all the Fantasyland rides! It is a bummer that it's so hard to take pictures in there though, I've given up even trying!

Yay for Claire riding HM!! The first time I took Jared on it he was 4, almost 5, and we had a group of teenage girls in the stretching room with us that kept screaming really loudly - just being silly, but it scared the heck out of Jared! It was years before he would ride it again. :sad2:

I won't do Haunted Mansion.. I went on it when I was 10 and didn't want to go on it so I went to sleep in my daddy's knee so I didn't see anything :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter