• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

A Hop, NO Skip, and Many Mishaps to a Disney Dream!

Great pictures, looking forward to seeing Castaway Cay pics!

Thanks. I've been working on them, so hiopefully I'll get an update soon.

I'm going to whine now.............I want to go on the Dreammmm!

I know I keep saying it, but I'm loving your photos. I think you're going to be in photo heaven on your trip in August. Now thats a TR I can't wait for:banana:

Thanks. This wwas such a wonderful trip. I really do hope we can sail on her again...and bring Skip along.

Absolutely beautiful sunrise pictures! You did really good getting up so early every morning. I have a feeling that I will be so tired that I 'll have to set the alarm if I plan to take any pictures like that! Did you get up that early each day at WDW too?

I am totally different at home, but on vacation I need very little sleep. I was up very early EVERY day of the trip, even at WDW....and in years past i always am too.

Love the new pictures, especially those of the sunrise! So pretty! I can't wait to here about Castaway Cay.

YAY for being able to go to WDW for the AEP!!! I'm sure you will have a ton of fun, even if most of your days are already scheduled.

Thanks. I excited. Even though the days are scheduled, it's with things I want to see and learn about.

While several of us were up on the forward deck, chanting, one guy saw a bird on the other side of the clear divider.

finch.jpg

finch1.jpg

We had no clue how he got there. Was he taking a break from flying and catching a free ride to his next destination? Or was he injured? After a little while a CM walked near him on the other side of the plexiglass and he took off flying, so I guess if he was injured, it didn’t affect his flying ability.
I chatted some more with the other guests and took more random pictures as we talked.

sunrise4.jpg

sunrise3.jpg

horns.jpg

I got to talking to one gal particularly. After a few minutes of chatting she asked me if I am on Passporters…..I think I gave her the deer in the headlights look! LOL!!! It took a minute to click.. “Oh, yes, I do post there.” And she asked if I was from Ohio…again, I said yes…. And then she asked… Your husband couldn’t make it right? So your Mom came?....ah yes… And you are Jen, right?...yes.
She introduced herself as Wendy. She told me she had read my PTR and that we had a lot in common and posted back and forth…..OK, I must’ve not had my brain working very well at that time, because I only vaguely remembered her…… But after about 5 more minutes of talking,…it totally clicked. I guess when I wake up at 5:30 AM, my brain is still sleep for a few more hours. LOL! She has like 12 kids….LOL! Just kidding, she has 4, if I remember right. And her youngest is close to Claires age and we were on the same deck…not to far from each other.
I must say Wendy and her DH were VERY nice and friendly and we talked for a bit more. Another girl had joined in the conversation as well, but I never got her name, or saw her again the rest of the trip, but she too was very nice. I stupidly never thought about asking someone to get a picture of us together. I need to get that thought in my brain. I met a few people this trip and not a single picture with any of them!

I am still amazed that she figured out who I was in just the little bit of conversation we had had.

As Wendy and I talked, we both still would take pictures here and there.

glimpseofcc.jpg

See that very large Palm tree sticking out. I believe that is a cell phone tower.

palmtower.jpg

How pretty it is to see the sun rise over Castaway Cay.

sunriseovercc.jpg

sunriseovercc1.jpg

islandawake.jpg

The ship started to turn around now, so it could back into Castaway Cay. Wendy and I said our goodbyes. I thought I would head down to see if the family was awake yet….Then I thought better of it. It was only around 7:15, so I’m sure they were still sleeping. I decided to head to the back of the boat and watch us back in.

backinintoCC.jpg

approachingcc.jpg

palmtreebeach.jpg

I was standing by the miniature golf area, so I took a few shots of that too.

plutosdogtag.jpg

lawnmower.jpg

Back to pictures of CC!

landspot.jpg

cccmtram.jpg

doclingatcc.jpg

dockingatcc.jpg

heytheredude.jpg

sunglare.jpg

marina.jpg

Your pictures are just fabulous!!!! We are planning a trip next year---still trying to figure out when to go! I will definitley have to get up early and do some exploring. How nice to watch the ship dock at Castaway Cay.

:banana:Yay for your August trip. It sounds like so much fun.

Isn't it nice when you meet another poster on Disney discussion forums?! I met three while we were on vacation and it was so neat to actually meet them in person.

Your pictures are just fabulous!!!! We are planning a trip next year---still trying to figure out when to go! I will definitley have to get up early and do some exploring. How nice to watch the ship dock at Castaway Cay.

:banana:Yay for your August trip. It sounds like so much fun.

Thanks. It was really nice exploring early that day. And CC is so beautiful.
I can't wait for the August trip, but I need to lose at least 10 lbs before I go. I am such a slacker lately.

Isn't it nice when you meet another poster on Disney discussion forums?! I met three while we were on vacation and it was so neat to actually meet them in person.

It was. She was super nice too. I couldn't beleive she knew who I was off the bat. We had barely even talked when she asked.

Love the new pictures and so funny that you met Wendy and she figured out who you were! :rotfl:

Love the sunrise pictures - perfect time of morning to be shooting!

I just love all the little Disney touches. I LOVE the Mickey hand "holding up" the waterslide and the duck foot sign - so fun!!

Love the new pictures and so funny that you met Wendy and she figured out who you were! :rotfl:

I was amazed. She was so nice too.

Love the sunrise pictures - perfect time of morning to be shooting!

I just love all the little Disney touches. I LOVE the Mickey hand "holding up" the waterslide and the duck foot sign - so fun!!

They have such neat themeing all over. I was in heaven

The closer we got to the dock, the more birds we saw…mainly the “mine mines”…seagulls as the common folks call them.
I decided it was my mission to capture one in flight. Let me tell you that this was really hard. I had a hard time actually getting my camera to focus on one, and then to capture the shot without a blur…or even to get the bird in the picture. Most of my pictures turned out to be just blank…with water or island in the background! LOL!
They didn’t seem to understand that they were supposed to stop and pose for me.

Here is a shot I tried….but I kept at it.

burryminemine.jpg

castawaycay1.jpg

And Skip would not feel homesick at all on CC. They have tractors and gators!

disneytractor.jpg

disneygators.jpg

rocksandapole.jpg

windsurfers.jpg

marinaboat.jpg

blueccsea.jpg

castawaycay2.jpg

castawaycay3.jpg

And here she is in all her glory!

stitchedcc640.jpg

Such a beautiful island!

castawaycay4.jpg

And another attempt at the Mine mine! This was an awful shot, but I thought it almost looked angelic.

blurrygull.jpg

And then I got it!!! The perfect shot…well as close to perfect as I was going to get!

seagullflying.jpg

I thought these rocks were so pretty.

rockpile.jpg

giantpalmtree.jpg

At some point and time the ship sounded her horn too. I just LOVE hearing it. It makes me feel so special!

I was starting to get hungry, so I headed off to Cabanas to get something to eat.

I was going to take it to the room, but then after I got it, I decided just to stay there and eat. I asked where to sit, and told me to just get any empty table.

breakfastonccday.jpg

I then went back down to the room and Mom was up, looking at the beautiful view from our balcony. Our room was facing the island side.
We got Claire up and dressed and she and Mom went up for a quick breakfast, while I got freshened up and ready for the day.

The original plan was that I would go onshore for a bit and come back and get them after I took some pictures. But since Mom was up and Claire got right up, we decided to all go onshore together and then return around 11 so we could ride the Aquaduck.
I took my SLR for this part of the day, since it was going to be more of a picture taking trip for me. I also told Mom that I would be walking to the beach, rather than taking the tram, so I didn’t miss anything, but she decided to walk as well.

sideofshipatcc.jpg

pumphouse1.jpg

castawaycaypump.jpg

shiprope.jpg

workingonaquaduck.jpg

orangeleaf.jpg

castawaycaybahamas.jpg

All caught up on the beautiful photos you've been posting!:thumbsup2 It gives me such a great idea of what the ship is going to be like.

Congrats on the TA trip!! I'm sure you will have a blast with those other ladies! You sound like you're going to be so busy!

Wow, Castaway Cay is gorgeous! And you've only just begun posting your pictures!!

Love your sunrise pix :goodvibes

Not something I'D ever see :rolleyes1 ...but beautiful :thumbsup2

Wow!!! What beautiful pictures! The island is beautiful. :thumbsup2 Great shot of the seagull!

Thanks. Thise seagulls are tricky buggers

All caught up on the beautiful photos you've been posting!:thumbsup2 It gives me such a great idea of what the ship is going to be like.

I'm sure you will have a blast with those other ladies! You sound like you're going to be so busy!

Wow, Castaway Cay is gorgeous! And you've only just begun posting your pictures!!

You are gonna love the ship. It's gorgeous.
I am so excited for the next trip. It will be so different..and I have to keep that in mind and not try to plan too much.

Love your sunrise pix :goodvibes

Not something I'D ever see :rolleyes1 ...but beautiful :thumbsup2

:lmao: Well you did get up pretty early a few days last year for IOA!

Wow, wonderful pictures! Castaway Cay looks like such a beautiful island! My desire to go on a Disney cruise just keeps increasing with each new post :rotfl:

Oh, and nice shot of the seagull! That turned out quite well!

:lmao: Well you did get up pretty early a few days last year for IOA!

okay...yeah...but 1)not by MY choice (i coulda cared less) and 2)if you'd see the Harry Potter land during "normal hours", you'd get up too :eek:

Lookin forward to hearin about your day on CC :)

Good job on the Seagull photo:thumbsup2. I don't know why the birds won't stop, just for a second:confused3 I felt that way at Seaworld. I just wanted that perfect shot. They whales could have just hovered for a second.:lmao:

Wow, wonderful pictures! Castaway Cay looks like such a beautiful island! My desire to go on a Disney cruise just keeps increasing with each new post :rotfl:

Oh, and nice shot of the seagull! That turned out quite well!

I keep thinking how much I really want to go on one again. With the heat we are having here, it would be cooler at CC right now. LOL!

okay...yeah...but 1)not by MY choice (i coulda cared less) and 2)if you'd see the Harry Potter land during "normal hours", you'd get up too :eek:

Lookin forward to hearin about your day on CC :)

You are such a good Aunt!! That is one reason we didn't go this trip...I hear it is still crazy there. Maybe next trip down we will. I actually would like to stay a day or to onsite there. I am think Disney cruise/Universal combo...But it will be a while before anything like that is planned.

Good job on the Seagull photo:thumbsup2. I don't know why the birds won't stop, just for a second:confused3 I felt that way at Seaworld. I just wanted that perfect shot. They whales could have just hovered for a second.:lmao:

Those dumb birds! And the dolphins at Sea World were like that for me too. I just don't get why they didn't hoover in the air long enough for me to focus and get a shot!

I like the pictures of the seagulls even the one that you said wasn't so great. I can't wait to see how you liked the island.

I keep thinking how much I really want to go on one again. With the heat we are having here, it would be cooler at CC right now. LOL!

here too! Record heat....97 or 98...heat index was 103. BUT I'll take it over snow ANY day :thumbsup2

You are such a good Aunt!! That is one reason we didn't go this trip...I hear it is still crazy there. Maybe next trip down we will. I actually would like to stay a day or to onsite there. I am think Disney cruise/Universal combo...But it will be a while before anything like that is planned.

I think it'll be nutz there for a few years actually. I knew this year would still be busy...esp w/ release of next movie in July. It's done well...too well! It's pretty small...just like in the movies :rolleyes: And, to be honest, I wouldn't go without staying onsite... even if for 1 night to get 2 days of Express Pass....could not be more worth it! :thumbsup2

Reading your report is makin me want another Disney cruise too....but, don't know that THAT is happenin anytime in the near future. We'll see how this year goes.... :rolleyes:

Love your pics!! Can't wait to see and hear more about CC. So excited to visit there in Feb.:cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter