A Hop, NO Skip, and Many Mishaps to a Disney Dream!

All of your pics are so nice! I have been thinking about taking more detail pictures in Sept, but I may get derailed by Kadence saying "hurry up". You took full advantage of your along time:thumbsup2

My John really likes the way the ship looks, hopefully I can talk him into one with the next 10 years:lmao:

All of your pics are so nice! I have been thinking about taking more detail pictures in Sept, but I may get derailed by Kadence saying "hurry up". You took full advantage of your along time:thumbsup2

My John really likes the way the ship looks, hopefully I can talk him into one with the next 10 years:lmao:

I get a lot of that "hurry up" thing too. I have mastered the "you go ahead" while I snap my photos then run to catch up. I take LOTS of pictures of the back of my family! :lmao:

You're fast. I'v been reading a TR on another board and It took me 3 days to get to 60...skipping all the chat in between and I still have 50 more to go.

Show her the pictures. How could she resisit! The ship is gorgeous!

I was telling her about reading your TR. I'm sure I will show her some pictures. I checked out your tumblr site too. I may have to check that site out. Guess when we go on our Disney Cruise I will have to get in touch with you since you are a big time Disney TA now.

i honestly can't remember. I only got a cone once there and i want to say it was orange flavored. Not the best though. I do remember that. I think it had a few twists and a few plain flavors. I never looked at the toppings.

there weren't a lot of options. One day i remember there was a strawberry/chocolate, banana/chocolate, vanilla/chocolate and something without chocolate, maybe it was the orange/vanilla. All flavors could be had either alone or swirled. There were sprinkles and caramel or chocolate sauce. I don't even remember seeing nuts. :confused3 my kids spent a lot of time here.

thank you

Whewwww...!! caught up!!! I read like 20 something pages while I was stalking my email. I have a client booking a Grand Gathering (cross fingers) and she was going to email me the information I need when her sister got back from dinner. But she did say it might not be til tomorrow!! Yes, I'm the other TA from her agency who signed up for the agent education! I'm so nervous about that new requirement and I haven't heard back from Michelle. She said she'd email me as soon as she heard from her Disney Sales agent. I haven't booked my airfare yet and am nervous about the cost.

Did you all ever figure out the whole deal with the DSLR cameras? DH and I bought a Nikon D5000 at Costco. It came with 2 pretty big heavy lenses. The problem is that I don't really know how to work the features yet. I haven't had time to play with it. I know for those cool short focus I need a low number fstop, but I don't yet know HOW to do that. I used to have a Kodak 7590 P&S that had many easy to use manual features. It was destroyed when we got completely soaked in a sudden downpour while we were on the Tomorrowland Motorspeedway. After that, it would just randomly change settings any time any place! :eek: I was so sad. :sad2:

I never realized that the pirate party had a show with it too. Seems like everything on the cruise has a show. Even departure. When we sailed on RCCL the ship just started to move out of port with no notice or fan fare. :sad2:

I think I'm going to go now and look at Southwest Airlines flight options... but I'm not sure whether or not I should book it. :scared:

Great new set of photos and update!

It is so peaceful when you are wandering the ship when it is empty. Since we were up late every day anyway, we walked the Wonder at around midnight to 1am once and could not believe how quiet and peaceful and still wonderful everything was. CMs were cleaning then too! :lmao:

Can't wait to set foot on the DREAM and looking forward to your Castaway Cay Day! :thumbsup2
I just booked a couple cabanas for our cruises! :woohoo:

Fun new pictures! Even if it means getting up way earlier than you'd like, I love getting out on my own like that and being able to move at my own pace! You got some great shots - I especially like Nemo's Reef pics and that Eye Scream sign is too cute!!

I am finally all caught up! I was away from the DIS for a while, and boy did I get behind!!!!

I am loving your report so far. I am "Dreaming" of taking a Disney Cruise some time in the future, and I'm drooling over your pictures.

Jen! I have not forgotten your TR! I will be back to catch up, I left yours for last because you have the most updates! :lmao:

Jenn!!! :wave2: :wave2:

I am finally caught after 2 days and all 61 pages! Phew!!!

I can't even begin to start...

-- Mousesavers has an awesome POI Disney file for GPS if that helps for driving around...never get lost again!

-- the pics are amazing!! omg crazy amazing! claire is a cutie-patooti pie!

-- so sorry about losing your card with pics on it. that would make me crazy too

-- I hope you get to go on your trip! *crosses fingers and toes for you*

I can't even remember anytihng else. I should have taken notes whilst reading.

There weren't a lot of options. One day I remember there was a strawberry/chocolate, banana/chocolate, vanilla/chocolate and something without chocolate, maybe it was the orange/vanilla. All flavors could be had either alone or swirled. There were sprinkles and caramel or chocolate sauce. I don't even remember seeing nuts. :confused3 My kids spent a lot of time here.

Thanks. I only stopped once and never took a picture. I remember not being impressed. I loke hot fudge and if I remember right there was only choaclate sauce. (and probably carmel)

I always say that too..next trip I will get this or do that, but it never works out that way.

I get a lot of that "hurry up" thing too. I have mastered the "you go ahead" while I snap my photos then run to catch up. I take LOTS of pictures of the back of my family! :lmao:

Yes I have a lot of the back of my family too. Most of my Cedar Point pictures of Skip are his backside.

I was telling her about reading your TR. I'm sure I will show her some pictures. I checked out your tumblr site too. I may have to check that site out. Guess when we go on our Disney Cruise I will have to get in touch with you since you are a big time Disney TA now.

I like tumblr. Still learning it, but it seems pretty neat.

thank you

:thumbsup2

Whewwww...!! caught up!!! I read like 20 something pages while I was stalking my email. I have a client booking a Grand Gathering (cross fingers) and she was going to email me the information I need when her sister got back from dinner. But she did say it might not be til tomorrow!! Yes, I'm signed up for the agent education! I'm so nervous about that new requirement and I haven't heard back from Michelle. She said she'd email me as soon as she heard from her Disney Sales agent. I haven't booked my airfare yet and am nervous about the cost.

Did you all ever figure out the whole deal with the DSLR cameras? DH and I bought a Nikon D5000 at Costco. It came with 2 pretty big heavy lenses. The problem is that I don't really know how to work the features yet. I haven't had time to play with it. I know for those cool short focus I need a low number fstop, but I don't yet know HOW to do that. I used to have a Kodak 7590 P&S that had many easy to use manual features. It was destroyed when we got completely soaked in a sudden downpour while we were on the Tomorrowland Motorspeedway. After that, it would just randomly change settings any time any place! :eek: I was so sad. :sad2:

I never realized that the pirate party had a show with it too. Seems like everything on the cruise has a show. Even departure. When we sailed on RCCL the ship just started to move out of port with no notice or fan fare. :sad2:

I think I'm going to go now and look at Southwest Airlines flight options... but I'm not sure whether or not I should book it. :scared:

Mindy is also going on the trip. 4 of us are signed up. I hope it all works out, because it is going to be so much fun!

Yeah, I think when we sailed NCL, we just kind of took off and nothing too exciting. I had visions of the old "Love Boat" show with people waving and such, but not really.
Mindy, get a book about SLR's and that will help alot. I did a lot of reading before and after I bought mine.

Great new set of photos and update!

It is so peaceful when you are wandering the ship when it is empty. Since we were up late every day anyway, we walked the Wonder at around midnight to 1am once and could not believe how quiet and peaceful and still wonderful everything was. CMs were cleaning then too! :lmao:

Can't wait to set foot on the DREAM and looking forward to your Castaway Cay Day! :thumbsup2
I just booked a couple cabanas for our cruises! :woohoo:

I love having the ship to practically myself too. Whats funny is I was about the only girl up that early. Most of the other passengers out were men. I figure the Moms stay in with the kids...maybe. But My Mom was still sleeping and so was Claire, and even when I travel with Skip he sleeps in later than me.

I am so jealous of how much time you will have on the ship.

Fun new pictures! Even if it means getting up way earlier than you'd like, I love getting out on my own like that and being able to move at my own pace! You got some great shots - I especially like Nemo's Reef pics and that Eye Scream sign is too cute!!

I love to be on my own a lot. Of course I love doing things with Claire too. It wil lbe interesting if I go in Aug. I will be practically free. No one to worry about, except to be curtious to my room mate. But then it will be a bit lonely not to share some things with Claire too.

I am finally all caught up! I was away from the DIS for a while, and boy did I get behind!!!!

I am loving your report so far. I am "Dreaming" of taking a Disney Cruise some time in the future, and I'm drooling over your pictures.

I am very behind in a lot of threads too. I get caught up and bam, away for a day and 100 new posts on differnt threads. LOL!
Thanks. I hope you get to sail on her soon.

Jen! I have not forgotten your TR! I will be back to catch up, I left yours for last because you have the most updates! :lmao:

Don't worry. I ma glad people are behind, because I haven't done any updates today. Nor even worked on a single Disney picture. I did edit a few Cedar Point ones this monring, but not too many.

Jenn!!! :wave2: :wave2:

I am finally caught after 2 days and all 61 pages! Phew!!!

I can't even begin to start...

-- Mousesavers has an awesome POI Disney file for GPS if that helps for driving around...never get lost again!

-- the pics are amazing!! omg crazy amazing! claire is a cutie-patooti pie!

-- so sorry about losing your card with pics on it. that would make me crazy too

-- I hope you get to go on your trip! *crosses fingers and toes for you*

I can't even remember anytihng else. I should have taken notes whilst reading.

Hey! Let me know if you start a TR.
I thought of GPS for my Dad, but my Mom said he would get more confused about that. At least he made it there safely, though I'm sure he was stressed.

I am still a bit bummed about the card. Sometimes I will think "Did I look here" and go look and then remember, yes I have.

Jen, love the "new" pirate pictures and the pictures with Pirate Minnie.

Thank you so much for all the pics around the ship...I am learning so much just following along with your pictures. Mark, for the first time, saw the pictures of the Dream and he is getting excited about it for 2013.

Jen, love the "new" pirate pictures and the pictures with Pirate Minnie.

Thank you so much for all the pics around the ship...I am learning so much just following along with your pictures. Mark, for the first time, saw the pictures of the Dream and he is getting excited about it for 2013.

I did try to get as much of the ship as I could. Of course there are areas I totally missed. I'm happy he's getting excited. Skip has only seen a few and he just doesn't seem to care too much. He doesn't get excited about too much though. Uusally the only time he shows his excitement is a few days before we leave to go somewhere. :headache:

HEY ROOMIE! :woohoo:

It was a lot of fun. Henry won't be old enough for the swim, but I am sure he is old enough for the encounter (which is what we did) You guys will be going to Nassau, right? Or is it just CC?...I should know that off the top of my head....shame on me.
I'm gonna go bug Skip soon to give me his credit card. LOL! I want to get signed up and approved..hopefully...and then look for air. I really think I may come in the day before so I don't feel rushed. I don't want to miss a single thing and I fiugre if I come in that day I will have to arrive at MCO by noon to get to the resort and settled, and most of the flights are either not available or outrageous in price. If I come in Sunday afternoon, I have time to play a bit too if I choose. (which I probably will choose! :lmao:)

Catching up again on your TR...

Our trip is Nassau, CC and Port Canaveral with the 1 day in WDW...and these Cruise TRs are killing me! :laughing: We still have a year to go!

Your last update of the Dream in the early morning light...:love::love::love: Loved each and every pic. I am itchin' for your CC day!

We had just started to sail out of Nassau. And of course I got one last shot of this! LOL

lighthousesailaway.jpg

I can honestly say that was the worst shot of the lighthouse!!

Hey! There’s that Aqua Duck sign again.

nightaquasign.jpg

This made me laugh out loud! We are SO alike in our picture taking! I do the same thing! :rotfl:

Loved, loved, loved your Pirate pics. You and Claire both looked great! During my solo trip I picked up a Pirate bandanna for both Joe and I, and another eye patch for me (Henry already has one). There are some REALLY cute Pirates shirts at WDW right now, but their price tags :headache: I think we'll just do something more plain and get some cheap pants that we make scraggly at the bottom!

Joining in late. We're not planning to cruise until 2013 with our DD who will be 4. I'm LOVING your report! I'm going to read back through the comments, I've just been using your links.

And I see Brook's here too, so I know I'm in good company!

I'm here!!! :goodvibes

Well he just came in. He looked at it and he says he'll have to get a new frame kit...um thats the trampoline... He was kind of a jerk about it laughing and stuff and says don't tell Claire. Well if we leave the house or go outside...she's gonna see it...and whos gonna here all the crying? ME!

She is going to be so upset. Our old one broke last summer and she waited all year and got one for Christmas from my Aunts and Mom. It was NOT cheap. And she has only had it put up for just a few weeks.

How did this turn out? I hope he was able to fix it somehow! :sad2:

I gotta new ticker too!!! It is slightly cut off though. I couldn't figure out how to get it to appear next to the Saratoga ticker instead of below it.:confused3

you know one thing that was fun for the kids about the RCCL ship when it was leaving port. We happened to be in our staterooms that had a window but no balcony. We were on the 3rd deck. Anyway, the tug boat on our side of the ship was exactly right next to our window and the kids were looking out and he was waving at them. They thought that was great!:banana:

HEY ROOMIE! :woohoo:

Catching up again on your TR...

Our trip is Nassau, CC and Port Canaveral with the 1 day in WDW...and these Cruise TRs are killing me! :laughing: We still have a year to go!

Your last update of the Dream in the early morning light...:love::love::love: Loved each and every pic. I am itchin' for your CC day!

This made me laugh out loud! We are SO alike in our picture taking! I do the same thing! :rotfl:

Loved, loved, loved your Pirate pics. You and Claire both looked great! During my solo trip I picked up a Pirate bandanna for both Joe and I, and another eye patch for me (Henry already has one). There are some REALLY cute Pirates shirts at WDW right now, but their price tags :headache: I think we'll just do something more plain and get some cheap pants that we make scraggly at the bottom!

I'm here!!! :goodvibes

How did this turn out? I hope he was able to fix it somehow! :sad2:

Brook is my requested Ropommate for the Agent Education Program!!!! :banana:

I'll start working on more pictures today. I was at a party most of the day yesterday, (did check my email once on my phone and got Michelles wonderful message), so not much time for updating here!
CC was a nice day.
I did that for Michael whne he was young. He was a pirate and had a pair of pants with holes in the knees so I cut them off to capri length and made the ends jagged. He looked better than a store bought costume.
I ordered parts of the trampoline. They were on backorder, but 2 days later they notified me that they had a limited supply in stock, so I quickly ordered. They should be here any day now. Basically it is the rounded frame tubes that were bent, and the legs and everything else was fine, so I just ordered about 8 of the tubes and we "should" be good to go....knock on wood!

I gotta new ticker too!!! It is slightly cut off though. I couldn't figure out how to get it to appear next to the Saratoga ticker instead of below it.:confused3

you know one thing that was fun for the kids about the RCCL ship when it was leaving port. We happened to be in our staterooms that had a window but no balcony. We were on the 3rd deck. Anyway, the tug boat on our side of the ship was exactly right next to our window and the kids were looking out and he was waving at them. They thought that was great!:banana:

I can see your ticker!!
I never noticed if we had a tug or not. But I heard they don't use them as much anymore...I don't know if that is true or not.

Hi everyone!! Good news!

We are offically approved for the Edcuation Program, so we are for sure going in Aug! I can't wait.
I have requested Brook as my Room mate. Mindy and another girl plan to room together. I belive Brooks plans are to come in a few days early, I will be in 1 day early, and Mindy will be coming in on that day and then staying longer because her family trip starts the 18th.
I just can't wait to meet these girls in person! We are going to have so much fun. I don't think any of us are wild girls...which is fine for me, I don't need to be "wild" to have fun.
I'm really loving having my countdown ticket now. It's still over 2 months away, but it is great to see!

YAY!! I'm so glad to hear everything was approved and you can say you're definitely going!! :cool1: I can't wait to hear all about it - the more people I can live vicariously through, the better! ;)

YAY!! I'm so glad to hear everything was approved and you can say you're definitely going!! :cool1: I can't wait to hear all about it - the more people I can live vicariously through, the better! ;)

I'm like that too. I love to read others reports and live in their fun as well!

I couldn't agree more! :thumbsup2

Congratulations! I am so happy for you!

I used to be a bit more wild, I guess you could say, but never like some people I know. I guess because I was a Mom at a young age, I knew I had to behave somewhat. LOL! Now I don't even have the tolerance or energy. :laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter