• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

A Hop, NO Skip, and Many Mishaps to a Disney Dream!

Yesterday I signed up and sent my info in for the education program. I had to wait and see if I was approved. I was very nervous and figured it would be several days till I heard anything back.
I got the confirmation email this morning that I was excepted. I am so excited.
Her's the kicker...well for me at least....we are staying at Yacht Club. Yes, they are putting us up in a Deluxe resort!

I have booked my flight for Aug 14 and will stay at AS movies that night. I have always wanted to try it once, and I figured since this was a learning trip, I might as well give it a go...even though I do LOVE POP. The next day I will check into Yacht club and get my welcome packet. I will also be receiving a 5 day park hopper ticket. So I will most likely hit Epcot or DHS.

We already start touring resorts that afternoon (around 4) and have a dinner and dessert party at Epcot that night.
The next morning we are up early for breakfast at Cape May, then off to Port Canaveral to tour the Dream for a few hours. Then back to AK for the afternoon and the late evening is our own.

Up again early the next day for breakfast in the convention center and classes. Then off to inspect Ft Wilderness and lunch at WCC. Then touring several more resoerts. THEN we have tickets (well it says they are waiting approval yet for that, so it could change) to La Nouba. After that the night is our own again.

The next day is similar with breakfast and seminars. Lunch at PoP Century and touring more resorts. And ending with touring Blizzard Beach. This day ends late afternoon and we are on our own again.

The last morning has breakfast and Trade show, which I really don't know what that is and a few other things. Then a graduation ceremony.

A few other girls are still thinking of going and one put her info in today and is waiting aprroval as well. She is the one I requested as my room mate and vice versa. Once she is approved, I'll tell you more about her. ;) We don't know if she'll be approved so fast, since tomorrow is Sat.

I will most likely start a PTR at some point and time, but for now, I need to work on this TR and get my Cedar Point TR going for my blog.

I'm not a big drinker either, it was good. For me, I like drinks that don't taste like alcohol! :laughing: And that one didn't.

That's good to know! I don't like the taste of alcohol either. I was traumatized on my 23rd birthday, when my friends got me three shots of Tequila. I was drunk in 30 minutes flat :rotfl2: I am now 34 and have not a drink since:rotfl: Have tasted some wine, but it has to be so sweet that it makes my teeth hurt, just so I don't taste alcohol. :lmao:

Yesterday I signed up and sent my info in for the Agent education program. I had to wait and see if I was approved. I was very nervous and figured it would be several days till I heard anything back.
I got the confirmation email this morning that I was excepted. I am so excited.
Her's the kicker...well for me at least....we are staying at Yacht Club. Yes, they are putting us up in a Deluxe resort!

I have booked my flight for Aug 14 and will stay at AS movies that night. I have always wanted to try it once, and I figured since this was a learning trip, I might as well give it a go...even though I do LOVE POP. The next day I will check into Yacht club and get my welcome packet. I will also be receiving a 5 day park hopper ticket. So I will most likely hit Epcot or DHS.

We already start touring resorts that afternoon (around 4) and have a dinner and dessert party at Epcot that night.
The next morning we are up early for breakfast at Cape May, then off to Port Canaveral to tour the Dream for a few hours. Then back to AK for the afternoon and the late evening is our own.

Up again early the next day for breakfast in the convention center and classes. Then off to inspect Ft Wilderness and lunch at WCC. Then touring several more resoerts. THEN we have tickets (well it says they are waiting approval yet for that, so it could change) to La Nouba. After that the night is our own again.

The next day is similar with breakfast and seminars. Lunch at PoP Century and touring more resorts. And ending with touring Blizzard Beach. This day ends late afternoon and we are on our own again.

The last morning has breakfast and Trade show, which I really don't know what that is and a few other things. Then a graduation ceremony.

A few other girls are still thinking of going from my Travel Agency and one put her info in today and is waiting aprroval as well. She is the one I requested as my room mate and vice versa. Once she is approved, I'll tell you more about her. ;) We don't know if she'll be approved so fast, since tomorrow is Sat.

I will most likely start a PTR at some point and time, but for now, I need to work on this TR and get my Cedar Point TR going for my blog.

I think that is my hidden passion of mines. I would enjoy being a TA, specializing in all things Disney. I love to travel.

I noticed!!! I just didn't get my response in quick enough!! Congrats!! You have got to be super excited. It sounds like it's going to be a tiring schedule.

Boy am I jealous! That sounds soooo good! I am really excited for you. You get to do so much stuff that I would love to do. I always wish that I had time to just go around and tour the resorts. And staying at YC!!! That's pretty nice! I can't wait to see your pictures!

loved the report - your pictures are fantastic - can you tell me what kind of camera(s) you used? I'm looking for a new one and mu current one doesn't take great pictures inside?

Thanks,

That's good to know! I don't like the taste of alcohol either. I was traumatized on my 23rd birthday, when my friends got me three shots of Tequila. I was drunk in 30 minutes flat :rotfl2: I am now 34 and have not a drink since:rotfl: Have tasted some wine, but it has to be so sweet that it makes my teeth hurt, just so I don't taste alcohol. :lmao:

Gotta love friends! I can drink beer, though not a lot, but hard alcohol has to have basically no taste for me to drink it. Like amaretto (I'm sure I butcherd the spelling). But that tastes good in a few drink, gives it a fruity flavor. Drink it in a sour or with ornage juice and it's really good, but I can't drink much or my stomach will hurt.

I think that is my hidden passion of mines. I would enjoy being a TA, specializing in all things Disney. I love to travel.

I love to travel too. I just need to build up a clientel now. I keep telling my family members and friends about it, but I don't think they beleive me. LOL!

I noticed!!! I just didn't get my response in quick enough!! Congrats!! You have got to be super excited. It sounds like it's going to be a tiring schedule.

YAY! :banana: Thats OK, I am impatient, and most likely I wouldn't have noticed it too quickly on someonelses report. :laughing: It wil lbe a long schedule, but as you can see from this report, I am on the go a lot anyways.

Boy am I jealous! That sounds soooo good! I am really excited for you. You get to do so much stuff that I would love to do. I always wish that I had time to just go around and tour the resorts. And staying at YC!!! That's pretty nice! I can't wait to see your pictures!

I'm excited about several things, but the Yacht Club really excites me a lot. I was expecting a moderate...mostly CSR sicne they have a convention center. I didn't realize there was one at Yacht club too. I really don't know a whole lot about the Yacht Club. I have alway been interested in the Beach Club though. I mgiht have to try and get to Beaches and Cream now this trip since it will be so close!

loved the report - your pictures are fantastic - can you tell me what kind of camera(s) you used? I'm looking for a new one and mu current one doesn't take great pictures inside?

Thanks,

Thanks so much! I use a Canon 50D which is a SLR. Inside shots are really hard to get. As you will see when I do more restaurant shots at WDW, they are not too good.

After the party we met back up with Mom. I think we went back to the room and got her. We then headed over towards Royal Palace area, as that is where dinner was to be that evening. We still had some time and there was a huge line waiting to get in.
Claire and I went over to the photographers and had some pictures taken. I didn’t like this guy as well. The girl was much more creative the night before and took her time. This guy seemed more puzzled about it, but that was OK. It was fun to do.

edit42.jpg

edit43.jpg

This one is Skips ultimate Favorite. He wants me to use it on our Christmas Card this year.

edit44.jpg

Then the guy had Claire jump. It took a couple of tries to get it right.

edit45.jpg

edit46.jpg

And he got 1 with me in it too. He really didn’t take too many pictures at all.

edit41.jpg

By the time we were done, Royal Palace had opened and there was basically no line left.

royalpalaceentrance.jpg

royalpalcacesign.jpg

royalpalaceentryfloor.jpg

dcl.jpg

We were seated promptly and again our booth was very near the door. Not as close as the night before, but still right up front.

royalpalacedinner.jpg

The light fixtures were gorgeous!!!

glassslippperlight.jpg

glassslippers.jpg

lightfixturerp.jpg

rplightpost.jpg

Look at the cute bread basket.

coachbreadbasket.jpg

coachbread.jpg

royalpalacemenu.jpg

A photographer came over and shot some pictures of us.

edit63.jpg

edit64.jpg

edit65.jpg

edit66.jpg

Claire ordered a special drink tonight. It came in a collector’s cup with a light up Tink on it. Tink was a big hit and we played around with it a bit.

smoothietink.jpg

crazytink.jpg

I had brought the Navigator with us to look over. I noticed it said the Dooney and Bourkes were 10% off that day. I had looked at them the night before, but I really wasn’t in love with them. Mostly because of the texture. A lot didn’t feel like leather, but more of a shiny vinyl. Mom said she wanted to go look at them and perhaps buy one for a friend, so we decided to go shopping after dinner. Claire also declared she was NOT going to the club after dinner that night. She didn’t really say why, but we were sure she thought we would actually do something without her and she would miss out. The nerve of us!

Pirate night looks like so much fun! I really like the pictures of Claire - so cute!

Congrats on getting accepted for the Agent education program! I'm sure you will have a wonderful time, especially since you will be staying at the Yacht Club.

How cool that you get to go to the agent program! I'm jealous!!! I have often thought about another career involving Disney - that could be it! But like you say, I'd need to build up a client list etc.

I'm glad you posted pictures of the Buccaneer Blast! We basically missed most of it, and I just posted on my TR that I had NO pictures from the Pirate night party/fireworks! I should refer them to your post!

Royal Palace was beautiful! I thought that bread basket was so cool too!!

I LOVE the back drop for the pictures... it looks so real!!!!

It was pretty cool

Pirate night looks like so much fun! I really like the pictures of Claire - so cute!

Congrats on getting accepted for the Agent education program! I'm sure you will have a wonderful time, especially since you will be staying at the Yacht Club.

It was fun. Thanks! I can't wait to go!

How cool that you get to go to the agent program! I'm jealous!!! I have often thought about another career involving Disney - that could be it! But like you say, I'd need to build up a client list etc.

I'm glad you posted pictures of the Buccaneer Blast! We basically missed most of it, and I just posted on my TR that I had NO pictures from the Pirate night party/fireworks! I should refer them to your post!

Royal Palace was beautiful! I thought that bread basket was so cool too!!

I'm pretty excited.
I have to go over and catch up again. You are welcome to use any of my pictures though! :rotfl:

Great updates, Jen.

Love the second half of the Villian pictures, and the pirate pictures of Claire and you and your mom are so fun.

:thumbsup2Conrats on your trip! It seems like they sure pack alot into it. And staying in a deluxe resort is awesome! ENJOY

Great updates, Jen.

Love the second half of the Villian pictures, and the pirate pictures of Claire and you and your mom are so fun.

Thanks. I enjoyed being a pirate for the night! LOL!

:thumbsup2Conrats on your trip! It seems like they sure pack alot into it. And staying in a deluxe resort is awesome! ENJOY

Thanks! I am excited to go. I hope everything goes as planned!

I can't beleive I forgot to write this. I am going to go back and edit the post, but here is what I forgot.

After the Villians show, as I was walking out, Mom said someone must’ve lost a game and held up a card. I looked and OMG!!! It was my CF card from my camera. I had dropped it out of my bag. I almost lost all the pictures I had taken on my SLR for the first few days. Thank goodness she found it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter