A Hop, NO Skip, and Many Mishaps to a Disney Dream!

See, there's that fuzzy background again! That's what makes the picture look professional IMO. Great shot! :thumbsup2

I really like that one. I knew when I took it, it was gonna be good! LOL!

The last picture with Claire by the tree is so professional looking. Those shots with the short depth of field are my favorites. I don't know if I want to go to a DSLR. I have a Canon film DSL that I haven't used in several years. I was into photography quite a bit, but the digital P&S are so easy to use & carry. I don't want to carry around all that weight any more.

Here's hoping that you get to go on the TA trip. Your DH sounds like mine when it comes to things like that.

I have a film one too. I bought it when I took a black and white film clas....which was super cool and fun. We developed film and I just loved doing it. I got the camera on ebay I think it's a Rebel G1 or something like that, for less than $30 including shipping. I sitll have film in it from a few years ago. I should probably finish up the row and get it developed, though it's not has fun as doing it myself, but I don't have the equipment to do so.

Sending lots of pixiedust: your way :)

Thanks! :love:

I don't have an official "yes" yet, but Skip said it's defiantley NOT a no and I can probably go. He also said he likes to wait to the last minute to make the decsion to make me squirm...nice guy! :rotfl: I told him I would like to book it in the next few days so that I am sure I have a spot. Of course, I had a hard time sleeping last night because I was excited.

That is so great Jen! :banana: I hope it all works out for you! Maybe you can take pictures of some behind the scenes stuff while you are there. That would be really interesting to see.

That is so great Jen! :banana: I hope it all works out for you! Maybe you can take pictures of some behind the scenes stuff while you are there. That would be really interesting to see.

I'm so excited to see what all they will have and show us. I do know one day is touring the Dream.

I'm so excited to see what all they will have and show us. I do know one day is touring the Dream.

Oh my! Well there you go... you'll have the perfect opportunity to get pictures around the ship that you missed last time! I'm so excited for you! :woohoo:

I don't have an official "yes" yet, but Skip said it's defiantley NOT a no and I can probably go. He also said he likes to wait to the last minute to make the decsion to make me squirm...nice guy! :rotfl: I told him I would like to book it in the next few days so that I am sure I have a spot. Of course, I had a hard time sleeping last night because I was excited.

OH NO! You're married to my husband!!!!!!!! :rotfl2:

......... but then I think I already knew that. :rotfl:

I hope it all works out!

Can he tour with you? If he can, maybe he'll see what he missed and will have you book another cruise!:rolleyes1

Oh, one more thing, I love that picture of Claire by the tree. You've given me ideas for this summer. Sam want some Sister pictures she can frame and hang in her dorm room.

:thumbsup2

Oh my! Well there you go... you'll have the perfect opportunity to get pictures around the ship that you missed last time! I'm so excited for you! :woohoo:

I was thinking that too.

OH NO! You're married to my husband!!!!!!!! :rotfl2:

......... but then I think I already knew that. :rotfl:

I hope it all works out!

:lmao: He even said, "Why did you wait and ask me at the last minute", and I said "I didn't, it just came out today" and he then says..."OH yeah, I'm the one who likes to wait to the last minute"! LOL! I said, "Yeah, I ask to go to Disney daily, I'm never last minute". :rotfl2:

Can he tour with you? If he can, maybe he'll see what he missed and will have you book another cruise!:rolleyes1

Oh, one more thing, I love that picture of Claire by the tree. You've given me ideas for this summer. Sam want some Sister pictures she can frame and hang in her dorm room.

No he can't. It specifically says that family members can not be included. Now he could come down and do stuff on his own (with Claire) but he said no way.

Looks like the pixie dust is starting to work, sending a bit more your way to give Skip a push :teeth:

pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust:

Just tell Skip you need this continuing education to keep your job. Sending Pixie dust your way.
Lee:wizard::wizard::wizard:pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:

Now that's exciting! That will be a fantabulous trip.

I hate when husbands try to be funny.:eek:

He's a clown, thats for sure. He then asked my last night why I haven't aksed to officially book it yet? :confused3

Looks like the pixie dust is starting to work, sending a bit more your way to give Skip a push :teeth:

pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust:

Yes, every bit helps

Just tell Skip you need this continuing education to keep your job. Sending Pixie dust your way.
Lee:wizard::wizard::wizard:pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:

Thanks

Wow Jen, I hope you get to go, my DH sounds like Skip too - we were watching funniest videos Sunday, on the Dream, so I said to DH, that's the ship I want us to go on for our cruise in 2013; out came Mr. Grumpy - I'm not going on any cruise! - (I do have a couple of years to work on him LOL); my DS, who is 17, said a trip to Disney or a cruise would be a nice high school graduation present next spring mom, especially if my other DS doesn't go! hmm, not sure if I want to do a cruise with an 18 year old son, but maybe a trip to Disney with him might not be too bad;)

Wow Jen, I hope you get to go, my DH sounds like Skip too - we were watching funniest videos Sunday, on the Dream, so I said to DH, that's the ship I want us to go on for our cruise in 2013; out came Mr. Grumpy - I'm not going on any cruise! - (I do have a couple of years to work on him LOL); my DS, who is 17, said a trip to Disney or a cruise would be a nice high school graduation present next spring mom, especially if my other DS doesn't go! hmm, not sure if I want to do a cruise with an 18 year old son, but maybe a trip to Disney with him might not be too bad;)

It took about 2 years for me to get Skip on his 1st cruise. And then many years past. I wanted to go on DCL for my 40th and he was ok at first, then said no. He was afraid one of us would fall off??????
Then all of a sudden last Fall he acted like it was all his idea to want to cruise...go figure, and we still didn't get him on the dang ship. I really want him to experience and see how much Claire loves it too. And how safe it is.

I was an eternity behind! I just read about your dolphin encounter--which sounded AMAZING!!!!! Oh my gosh...thankfully we are already saving for excursions. :laughing: I have to research into them all!! Henry saw pictures on the Disney DVD of a child swimming with the dolphins and asked to do that - not sure if he'll be old enough, but now I'm even more interested after seeing your pictures and video! (which I CRIED during. :rolleyes1) You and Claire are completely adorable dancing and hugging Dot! I can see why you had to buy the video and pictures!!

I'm still not 100% on the TA trip. Joe has been so busy at work he hasn't gotten a chance to figure out his PTO and all that. I REALLY hope it works out! He wants to come with as well - so I have to looked into that, to see if its possible. I will keep you posted!

I was an eternity behind! I just read about your dolphin encounter--which sounded AMAZING!!!!! Oh my gosh...thankfully we are already saving for excursions. :laughing: I have to research into them all!! Henry saw pictures on the Disney DVD of a child swimming with the dolphins and asked to do that - not sure if he'll be old enough, but now I'm even more interested after seeing your pictures and video! (which I CRIED during. :rolleyes1) You and Claire are completely adorable dancing and hugging Dot! I can see why you had to buy the video and pictures!!

I'm still not 100% on the TA trip. Joe has been so busy at work he hasn't gotten a chance to figure out his PTO and all that. I REALLY hope it works out! He wants to come with as well - so I have to looked into that, to see if its possible. I will keep you posted!

It was a lot of fun. Henry won't be old enough for the swim, but I am sure he is old enough for the encounter (which is what we did) You guys will be going to Nassau, right? Or is it just CC?...I should know that off the top of my head....shame on me.
I'm gonna go bug Skip soon to give me his credit card. LOL! I want to get signed up and approved..hopefully...and then look for air. I really think I may come in the day before so I don't feel rushed. I don't want to miss a single thing and I fiugre if I come in that day I will have to arrive at MCO by noon to get to the resort and settled, and most of the flights are either not available or outrageous in price. If I come in Sunday afternoon, I have time to play a bit too if I choose. (which I probably will choose! :lmao:)

The show restarted and I was back to taking pictures again.

1evil1s.jpg

captainhookandmrsmee.jpg

cptnhook.jpg

cruellaandhook.jpg

Again, the Cruella part was great. I would say one of the best of the whole show.

cruelladeVil.jpg

crazycruella.jpg

spacecruella.jpg

Jafar.jpg

villainsfinale.jpg

villainsfinale1.jpg

villainsfinale2.jpg

pookie.jpg

yayyay.jpg

The show ended and we made our way out. As I was walking out Mom said someone must’ve lost a game and held up a card. I looked and OMG!!! It was my CF card from my camera. I had dropped it out of my bag. I almost lost all the pictures I had taken on my SLR for the first few days. Thank goodness she found it!
Claire and I were on our way to the pirate party next. Mom decided to skip out on it. I can’t remember why or what she did. I think she just went back to the room, but she could’ve gone shopping.

As we approached the area, we saw lots of servers with drinks. I decided to ask what it was. It was a Yellow Bird. They were in cute lighted glasses and I decided to go for it and get one. It was very good too. I think it was kind of an orange/pineapple tasting.

drinktray.jpg

drinks.jpg

They also had some non alcoholic drinks on there as well. That was called a Parrot Song, and I didn’t ask what was in that, so I don’t know what they were.

We decided to head up to deck 12 so we could watch the party from above against the railing.

While we waited for the show to start I took pictures.

piratesinthecarribeanparty.jpg

piratewench.jpg

skullteeeth.jpg

We had just started to sail out of Nassau. And of course I got one last shot of this! LOL

lighthousesailaway.jpg

I can honestly say that was the worst shot of the lighthouse!!

Hey! There’s that Aqua Duck sign again.

nightaquasign.jpg

And someone going for a ride!

aquaduckriders.jpg

The crossbones guy would give us a countdown to when the show was going to start.

crossbones.jpg

And one last shot of Nassau as we pulled out of port!

nassau.jpg

He was afraid one of us would fall off??????

:rotfl2::lmao::rotfl2: That is so funny to me b/c that is EXACTLY what my DH said! And I thought to myself, "Who the heck would think that except him!" Now I know! :rotfl:

drinktray.jpg

drinks.jpg

I think I have said this before, but I love both these pictures, especially the second one. Very cool!

They also had some non alcoholic drinks on there as well.

I'm glad to hear this. I don't drink alcohol, but I would still like to have a fruity drink in one of those cool glasses! (You do get to keep the glass, right?) Thanks for that little bit of info!

aquaduckriders.jpg

So they keep this open during the party, but they close the pools though, right?

Did most people dress up for the party? From your picture, I don't see that many. I love your costumes though! Claire is really cute as a pirate! pirate:

:)

Yeah, I don't know why he kept saying that. LOL!
Some people just wore bandanahs, but some families went all out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter