A Halloween Adventure in Autism (11/7) Prayer Request for Catie (p.129)

that was such a sweet update. the pics of billy dancing are so cute. most people i have talked to dont really like the food there but we have eaten there last two trips for lunch and have found it to have pretty good food and a different variety of foods than chef mickey and crystal palace. we also found the character interaction to be quite good there as well. i just wonder how long they will keep jojo and goliath, they dont seem to be on anymore

Hi Kathy...
sorry to be the sensible Dis-party pooper... :rolleyes: but you made the best decision...sorry the new job just wasn't to your liking...but I like what eandesmom said about find a fit not fit the find:thumbsup2

and loved the last two post reports...and what a smile I have anytime I see Billy having that pure Disney fun and joy! :goodvibes

Scrappie

I sent out a couple of intro letters/resumes "cold"... hopefully I may hear something next week.

Billy has been asking about going back. It almost breaks my heart to tell him we won't be going this year. :sad1: He does love it so...

that was such a sweet update. the pics of billy dancing are so cute. most people i have talked to dont really like the food there but we have eaten there last two trips for lunch and have found it to have pretty good food and a different variety of foods than chef mickey and crystal palace. we also found the character interaction to be quite good there as well. i just wonder how long they will keep jojo and goliath, they dont seem to be on anymore

Things change so quickly in the pre-school television game! :laughing:

And I do think the food is better than Chef Mickey's... We did that one, too. (Later in the week.)

Kathy

Hello, All!

Spring/Disney Fever is hitting me hard. I can't stop thinking about how I can get my family back to WDW sooner than Dec. 2011! :rolleyes: I honestly don't think that I can wait that long!

Billy has been talking about going to WDW "with Eddie" (his half-brother at college) and has been pulling out the park maps and the planning DVDs all on his own. It kills me to have to keep reminding him that we aren't going back "for a long, long time." :sad1:

Of course, the reason we aren't going this November is purely financial. I'm totally blessed to have a much nicer home after we did all the renovations, but as the house got larger, so did the mortgage payments! :headache:

Unfortunately I must admit that I have been spoiled rotten by DVC and am now accustomed to going to Disney once a year. It seems so very long to have to stretch it out to two years, especially when I get on the DIS and start reading (and writing) about all the WDW magic...

Well, I'm a big girl and can suck it up but its so hard to disappoint my special boy.

I've been so bummed about everything that I don't even have the heart to begin serious work on my book.

I'm really hoping to trade my part-time hours for full-time, but so far the job search has been tough. Oh, there are lots of nursing jobs out there, but they are mostly in hospitals and nursing homes and frankly, I do not need that kind of job stress. Been there, done that! Hopefully I will find something soon. Until then, Ed has been working extra like crazy. :lovestruc He hopes to retire from the police department soon, but not until he has a good post-retirement job lined up and the economy isn't helping him much there.

Ah well. Sorry to be such a downer, but I know you guys truly understand the I-Want-To-Go-Back-To-Disney Blues. :grouphug:

If I could, I would love to move our trip up six months and go in June of 2011... right after the younger kids get out of school. Christmastime is very tempting, but we would use fewer DVC points if we went in June and could perhaps stay and extra night or two. Plus, it just wouldn't seem quite so terribly far off as would December.

My friends, keep your fingers crossed for me and say a prayer if you are so inclined... I would really appreciate it!

Kathy

:hug: Kathy, it has to be so hard to have to tell Billy no. I am sorry your trip is so far away. I hope you get the job you are looking for very soon. I will be praying for you and your family. You guys are always in my thoughts :goodvibes.

It's always really hard when the kids ask when we're going back and watch the planning DVD. I always feel my resolve slipping at those times! I hope you're able to find some full time work at a job that will make you happy. :goodvibes

Aww :hug: June doesn't seem near as far off as December, I agree. Your thinking of fewer points is a good argument too. I haven't even been back yet and I'm already thinking about next year. It's sooooo addictive. :headache:

Kathy, first off I want to say how much I'm enjoying your TR. Looks like you guys are a very fun family! :goodvibes Second, I am in a similar boat with you regarding going back to Disney. We just went in Oct 2009 and our next trip is tentatively planned for May 2011. It's killing us to wait so long!

Here's hoping for a FT job for you Kathy. With that I know you will be able to make it to Disney in June!

Such a fun lunch! I love seeing the excitement in Billy's eyes and how much Tricia and Catie enjoyed watching him. Kudos to Disney and Goliath for providing such a special time! And how awesome that Ed went over to thank him!

I will absolutely put you in my thoughts for a new job or money sourse. In addition to financial ease, that means more Disney!!!

If Eddie could do it, I'd go for June. WDW at Christmas is nice, but so is June! And as the kids get older, if June is free it may be easier-no high school soccer/off season training, etc. to worry about.

:hug:

You need some faith, trust, and pixiedust: !

Don't lose hope! We waited 5 (FIVE) years before going on another trip (mainly because I was getting older, so we wanted to "try new things" and get some culture in me, which helped so much as I did get older, with school and whatnot. Just sayin'.)

Writing the book sounds like fun to me...maybe because I like to write? If you need any suggestions or help, I'm more than willing to; my PM box is open 24/7 :)

In any case, if you're interested, my PTR is being updated every so often with school/trip news!

Give Billy a :hug: for me, too!

pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:Here's hoping for some Disney magic to come your way so you can get back to your Happy Place sooner rather than later. :goodvibes

Believe me, I totally understand. I have the Disney blues....big time. It's even hard to be on the Dis sometimes. I want to go back NOW. :hug:

Hello, All!

Ah well. Sorry to be such a downer, but I know you guys truly understand the I-Want-To-Go-Back-To-Disney Blues. :grouphug:

Kathy

I'm right there with you sista. We aren't going back until 2013:scared1: I will keep my fingers crossed for you:hug:

:hug: ... I will be praying for you and your family. You guys are always in my thoughts :goodvibes.

... I hope you're able to find some full time work at a job that will make you happy. :goodvibes

Aww :hug: June doesn't seem near as far off as December, I agree...

...I am in a similar boat with you regarding going back to Disney. We just went in Oct 2009 and our next trip is tentatively planned for May 2011. It's killing us to wait so long!

Here's hoping for a FT job for you Kathy. With that I know you will be able to make it to Disney in June!

...I will absolutely put you in my thoughts for a new job or money sourse. In addition to financial ease, that means more Disney!!!

Kathy, definitely saying prayers for you! I know only too well how you are feeling right now! :hug:

If Eddie could do it, I'd go for June. WDW at Christmas is nice, but so is June! And as the kids get older, if June is free it may be easier-no high school soccer/off season training, etc. to worry about.

:hug:You need some faith, trust, and pixiedust: !

pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:Here's hoping for some Disney magic to come your way so you can get back to your Happy Place sooner rather than later. :goodvibes

Believe me, I totally understand. I have the Disney blues....big time. It's even hard to be on the Dis sometimes. I want to go back NOW. :hug:

I'm right there with you sista. We aren't going back until 2013:scared1: I will keep my fingers crossed for you:hug:

:hug: and puckerup: to you all... thanks so much for letting me vent!

I sigh and tell Ed, "Oh, I wish we could go back to WDW this year!" and he just looks at me matter-of-factly and says, "Well, we can't afford it!" :rolleyes:

Ugh! I know that!

Sometimes we just need an understanding someone to pat us on the arm and say, "Oh, you poor baby!" :laughing:

Like Lovemy3babes says, sometimes the Disney Blues makes it hard to DIS... but I know that, even though I can be a teeny bit envious of others who are planning to go back sooner, those same people will rejoice the most when its my turn! :grouphug:

And welcome, MomtoBrandon&Jacob! :welcome: I will have to get going on the next installment so the report doesn't stay stuck in "poor me" mode too long!!

Like AmandaSparks730 says, "Faith, Trust, and Pixiedust!!"

Kathy

Sending a few more :hug::hug: your way. It is hard to wait. I am praying for a great job oppertunity for you so you all can go sooner!! Hang in there!

Kathy, your last update was just fabulous! I loved seeing the joy in Billy's face and "moves"! :thumbsup2 Such fun he was having!

I hear ya on the going back thing....I've got nothing planned and it's killing me. I just wish I had SOMETHING.....ANYTHING....to look forward to as far as Disney!!! It is so hard to wait, but we are here for eachother, that's for sure! :grouphug:

Sara

I have to admit I find myself longing for a trip to Disney too. I have no idea when we will get back. We often use our tax refund money to pay for trips, but this year we had to use it for more practical things so no trip in sight for us.

I know how you feel. DH has been looking for a better job for 2 years now. It is a tough market out there. His boss is moving to Kansas City, so he has been recommended to move up to that position. I am praying he gets the promotion as it would be a salaried position. I would love to work Part-time for a law office, instead of at the preschool, but around here those jobs are hard to come by.

I'll say a few prayers for you! June does sound a lot closer than December. And a full time job sounds like it would help you breathe a little easier.:grouphug:

" Like a bolt out of the blue, Fate steps in and sees you through
When you wish upon a star, your dreams come true!"

I hope you are able to go sooner than later. I understand your pain...it'll be just under 2 years before I am able to go again and that's assuming I do 2 WDW trips in 2012.

Wishing you all the best as you and Ed continue to think about jobs!:hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter