A Halloween Adventure in Autism (11/7) Prayer Request for Catie (p.129)

I think we can all relate to the "longing for Disney" feeling. Add that to the job stress and the Spring Fever......UGH! :sad2:

I'm saying a prayer for ya for sure. It's so hard to be "sensible" when your heart just wants to go! ;)

Sending a few more :hug::hug: your way. It is hard to wait. I am praying for a great job oppertunity for you so you all can go sooner!! Hang in there!

I hear ya on the going back thing....I've got nothing planned and it's killing me. I just wish I had SOMETHING.....ANYTHING....to look forward to as far as Disney!!! It is so hard to wait, but we are here for eachother, that's for sure! :grouphug:

Sara

I have to admit I find myself longing for a trip to Disney too. I have no idea when we will get back...

I'll say a few prayers for you! June does sound a lot closer than December. And a full time job sounds like it would help you breathe a little easier.:grouphug:

" Like a bolt out of the blue, Fate steps in and sees you through
When you wish upon a star, your dreams come true!"

I hope you are able to go sooner than later. I understand your pain...it'll be just under 2 years before I am able to go again and that's assuming I do 2 WDW trips in 2012.

Wishing you all the best as you and Ed continue to think about jobs!:hug:

I think we can all relate to the "longing for Disney" feeling. Add that to the job stress and the Spring Fever......UGH! :sad2:

I'm saying a prayer for ya for sure. It's so hard to be "sensible" when your heart just wants to go! ;)

Thanks, friends, I need all the support I can get right now! :grouphug:

Its a funny thing... when the kids were first born we went for seven years without any vacation at all and it didn't seem like such a big deal. Then we went to WDW for the first time and all that changed. It isn't simply a desire for "a vacation" that is eating at me, its definitely the Magic pulling at my heartstrings!

I know that you all understand what I'm talking about... that's why your words of encouragment mean so much.

:thanks:

Kathy

Thanks, friends, I need all the support I can get right now! :grouphug:

Its a funny thing... when the kids were first born we went for seven years without any vacation at all and it didn't seem like such a big deal. Then we went to WDW for the first time and all that changed. It isn't simply a desire for "a vacation" that is eating at me, its definitely the Magic pulling at my heartstrings!

I know that you all understand what I'm talking about... that's why your words of encouragment mean so much.

:thanks:

Kathy

::yes:: That is so true -- when the kids were little, little, little we went from 1999 until 2004 without a real vacation. Now, it's killing me to think we might not be going to WDW this year!

:
I sigh and tell Ed, "Oh, I wish we could go back to WDW this year!" and he just looks at me matter-of-factly and says, "Well, we can't afford it!" :rolleyes:

Ugh! I know that!

Sometimes we just need an understanding someone to pat us on the arm and say, "Oh, you poor baby!" :laughing:
Kathy

Aw...the men in our life just don't always get that we aren't complaining, not really, and we aren't looking for them to fix it as we know they can't. We just want to vent and be heard and have them acknowledge that we are sad and they understand.

It's so foreign to them that I think while they mean well (Ed, Charles comment to Jackie) with the matter of fact statements it just makes it worse.

:grouphug:

I'm sorry you're sad.

Kathy, I know exactly how you feel! We're leaving for HHI Sunday and while I can't wait for that vaca I'm kind of wishing it was WDW.

I also know that my Daniel feels like your Billy. I will often find he's changed my countdown ticker for our HHI trip to SSR and he keeps asking if we can go to SWW again this year. He is a HUGE Star Wars fan and I would love to figure a way to take him but it's not in the budget cards either. Whenever I bring it up with DH he just chuckles and askes if I won the lottery. ;)

:wizard: Here's a little PD for you on the job front too!

::yes:: That is so true -- when the kids were little, little, little we went from 1999 until 2004 without a real vacation. Now, it's killing me to think we might not be going to WDW this year!

Who would ever have imagined that a person could get so emotionally attached to a place?!

Aw...the men in our life just don't always get that we aren't complaining, not really, and we aren't looking for them to fix it as we know they can't. We just want to vent and be heard and have them acknowledge that we are sad and they understand.

It's so foreign to them that I think while they mean well (Ed, Charles comment to Jackie) with the matter of fact statements it just makes it worse....

Thanks, Cynthia! Yes, I think men are somehow programmed to think that we expect them to "fix" our problems when all we really want is a shoulder to cry on. Thank goodness for sisters, girlfriends (and DISfriends!) :grouphug:

I also know that my Daniel feels like your Billy. I will often find he's changed my countdown ticker for our HHI trip to SSR and he keeps asking if we can go to SWW again this year.

Sorry, but I had to laugh about Daniel changing your ticker!! :laughing: Kids are amazing!

Thanks for the :wizard: and if I don't get a chance to "talk" to you, have a fantastic time at HHI! We must have a little TR about it!

Kathy

i guess I fall under the DISFriends category....;)

Yes, Jordan, you are a good DIS-friend... sorry to lump all you fellas into one category! We wives sometimes need to vent about our hubbies, I guess. Its another one of those Mars and Venus things! :goodvibes

Viva la difference!

Kathy

Yes, Jordan, you are a good DIS-friend... sorry to lump all you fellas into one category! We wives sometimes need to vent about our hubbies, I guess. Its another one of those Mars and Venus things! :goodvibes

Viva la difference!

Kathy

LOL...I've been know to make the female gender very angry...ask my ex-fiancée.

Oh Poops!

I was ready to post an update and I timed-out and lost it! Its saved on Word but I have to go back and do the pictures again... grrr!

Kathy

Chapter Twenty-Four: 3D X 2!

Day Three (con't.)
Monday,
November 2, 2009
Hollywood Studios

Feeling nice and full from our lunch with the Playhouse Disney Pals, we left Hollywood & Vine and strolled through Echo Lake to the Streets of America. Billy was anxious to visit with a few more of his friends: the muppets!

disneytrip2009kathy11025-1.jpg

disneytrip2009kathy11026-1.jpg

This 3D poster looks better in person...

disneytrip2009catie1275-1.jpg

disneytrip2009tricia1567.jpg

If you look closely in the reflection, you can see that work is being done on the Osbourne Lights just across the way...

disneytrip2009kathy11027-1.jpg

I am very sentimental about the muppets; when I was growing up we watched The Muppet Show as a family every week. Everyone in my family loves Muppet humor... its very silly and relies heavily on sight gags:

I always lift up the mat and look for the key... its always there!

disneytrip2009kathy11028-1.jpg

disneytrip2009tricia1568-1.jpg

Entering the hallowed halls of Muppet Labs:

disneytrip2009kathy11029-1.jpg

disneytrip2009kathy11030-1.jpg

disneytrip2009tricia1569.jpg

Billy has the Muppet Show on DVD, plus all their movies, so he knows and loves the characters, especially Kermit the Frog. He was jumping up and down with excitement and practically shrieking with delight while watching the pre-show!

disneytrip2009tricia1574-1.jpg

disneytrip2009kathy11040-1.jpg

disneytrip2009kathy11035-1.jpg

Wakka Wakka!

disneytrip2009kathy11036-1.jpg

I had this poster on my wall when I was Tricia and Catie's age!

Dr. Teeth and the Electric Mahem Rock!!

disneytrip2009kathy11032-1.jpg

We Jersey Week folks love this one!

disneytrip2009kathy11033-1.jpg

As the doors opened we clutched our 3D glasses, held hands, and filed inside the theater with the rest of the crowd to find seats. The girls went ahead of us into one of the middle aisles. I was slightly miffed that the family ahead of them stopped short and plopped down in the center of the theater, despite the fact that Sam Eagle had advised that doing so would be “distinctly un-American!” Honestly, that is so annoying! :rolleyes:

Anyway, we settled in and enjoyed the muppets. I thought Billy would jump out of his seat when Sweetums came out looking for Bean Bunny! (Either that or wet his pants, he was laughing so hard!) Tricia likes Statler and Waldorf, especially at the end. (I know most of you have seen it, but just in case, I don’t want to give anything away!) The Swedish Chef always reminds me of my dad because that “accent” always used to make him laugh. Sometimes to this day my dad will do a Swedish Chef imitation when he’s cooking!

Silly me, I forgot to get a picture of us wearing our #D glasses! Oh well, here’s a picture of the place where you drop them off after the show. I love Dr. Bunsen Honeydew and his assistant, Beaker:

disneytrip2009kathy11041.jpg

Continued, next post...

Kathy

Chapter Twenty-Four, continued:

As we were leaving Muppet Vision 3D, I had an idea.

disneytrip2009tricia1582-1.jpg

disneytrip2009kathy11044-1.jpg

I prevailed upon Ed to let me stop in the Christmas store. I wanted to pick up a little something for our DISmeet with mrsksomeday & family later that week. After finding myself empty-handed at our meet with Dreamer&Wisher, I did not want the same thing to happen again! Billy was still a little revved up from seeing the muppets, so Ed found a bench and sat with him while the girls and I went inside. This may be a wonderful shop, but it is very small and too crowded for Billy to be in when he is excited. (The image of the bull in the china shop comes to mind!)

We had a nice time looking at the pretty ornaments:

Sorry, they're a bit blurry...

disneytrip2009tricia1578-1.jpg

disneytrip2009tricia1577-1.jpg

disneytrip2009tricia1579-1.jpg

I really liked these last ornaments… all four park icons… and knew Tracy and Bill would just love them! I also picked up a couple of non-breakable ornaments for the two children in their group, Hannah and Christian. It was hard to leave this store because I love anything to do with Christmas and the girls love anything to do with shopping! But, I didn’t want to dilly-dally because there were two impatient males waiting for us:

disneytrip2009tricia1581-1.jpg

Billy jumped up when he saw me coming out of the store. "Mom! You're here!" he called out. (Like I was away for hours!)

Where to next? Hey! How about Toy Story Midway Mania?! The suggestion was met with cheers all around. We passed through the Streets of America on our way to nearby Pixar Place, stopping only for a few pictures as we went.

Looking to the left: The Osbourne Lights are almost completely set up… too bad we will miss them by a week.

disneytrip2009kathy11045-1.jpg

Looking to the right:

disneytrip2009catie1281-1.jpg

And my niece, Catie, the confirmed shopaholic, must have a few pictures of the "5th Avenue" storefronts!

disneytrip2009catie1282.jpg

disneytrip2009catie1279.jpg

Ah! Here we are at last... Pixar Place! Is everyone ready to ride TSM for the first time ever?!

disneytrip2009kathy11048-1.jpg

disneytrip2009catie1285-1.jpg

disneytrip2009kathy11050-1-1.jpg

Funny coincidence, we arrived just as the FastPass window was opening! Of course, that meant we had time to take lots of pictures in the queue...

disneytrip2009tricia1583.jpg

disneytrip2009kathy11054-1.jpg

disneytrip2009kathy11053-1.jpg

disneytrip2009kathy11051-1.jpg

disneytrip2009kathy11056-1.jpg

disneytrip2009kathy11057-1.jpg

Almost there!

disneytrip2009kathy11058-1.jpg

A-l-m-o-s-t there!!

disneytrip2009kathy11059.jpg

Ready!!

disneytrip2009kathy11061-1.jpg

The girls wanted to ride together and Billy and Ed paired up, so once more I was the odd person out! I wasn’t going to be taking pix like I did on Buzz Lightyear, however. I couldn’t wait to play! Boy, that was fun!

So much fun, in fact, that when we got outside we turned right around and got back in line to do it again! Everyone loved it... it is definitely a new family favorite. Even Billy did well! I think TSM is a bit more user-friendly compared to Buzz... Ed said he seemed to have less difficulty with aiming his shots. (Perhaps Buzz is harder because of the black light and laser dots??) In any case, it was great to see everyone having so much fun... on the way out, we couldn’t stop talking about what a great ride it was!

A few more pix on the way out of Pixar Place:

disneytrip2009kathy11063-1.jpg

disneytrip2009kathy11064-1.jpg

Now we had another much-anticipated item to cross off our Studios to-do list… something else we had never done before. Can you guess what that was?

disneytrip2009kathy11046-1.jpg

Kathy

First time ever on TSM? Really?????

Lovely ornaments for Tracy and Bill :thumbsup2

And the muppets....who doesn't love the muppets! I was Fozzie Bear in the 5th grade play and still have fond fond fozzie memories.

Fun update!

A perfect afternoon in EVERY WAY!!!

I love how Billy gets so excited for EVERYTHING he does!

Isn't TSM so much fun?!?!?!?! :thumbsup2

I love the ornaments you picked out for Tracy & Bill! I'm going to have to look for those next month. ::yes::

Love that ornament set! What a great Dismeet gift! :thumbsup2 We love TSM too. Can't wait to use our Magical Fast Passes in May and ride it over and over.

American Idol!
I was surprised to see the lights up when I was there earlier that week. then it hit me that MrsK et al would be there for a Christmas trip in about 1 week. :lmao::lmao:

I love the father/son pictures!

Thanks... I love the father and son! :love:

First time ever on TSM? Really?????

Lovely ornaments for Tracy and Bill :thumbsup2

And the muppets....who doesn't love the muppets! I was Fozzie Bear in the 5th grade play and still have fond fond fozzie memories.

Fun update!

Yes! Really! TSM hadn't opened yet during our visit in April of 2008... it was well worth the wait.

I wish that they would make more muppet attractions, but I'm not so sure that will ever come to pass.

A perfect afternoon in EVERY WAY!!!

I love how Billy gets so excited for EVERYTHING he does!

His reaction to things, alone, makes the entire trip worth it in every way! :cloud9:

Kathy

Isn't TSM so much fun?!?!?!?! :thumbsup2

I love the ornaments you picked out for Tracy & Bill! I'm going to have to look for those next month. ::yes::

I'm kicking myself for not getting a set for our tree! :rolleyes: TSM is definitely a new family favorite... in fact, DHS has now moved from Billy's #3 favorite park to #2 (for the time being, anyway!)

Love that ornament set! What a great Dismeet gift! :thumbsup2 We love TSM too. Can't wait to use our Magical Fast Passes in May and ride it over and over.

The second time on TSM was definitely better for me... it took me the entire first ride to get the hang of it! :rotfl: Enjoy the Magical FPs!

American Idol!

I was surprised to see the lights up when I was there earlier that week. then it hit me that MrsK et al would be there for a Christmas trip in about 1 week. :lmao::lmao:

Nope. No AI Great guess, though! Can you believe that neither Tricia nor Catie was interested in seeing AI?? :faint: I was dumbfounded.

We started our week with everything all done up for Halloween and ended the week with Christmas decorations everywhere! The Disney elves must've been hard at work while we were sleeping!

Kathy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!