• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

A Halloween Adventure in Autism (11/7) Prayer Request for Catie (p.129)

Your pictures are fantastic!!! I'm glad the kids got their ride in and made it back before the start of the parade.

I have yet to try MK popcorn, but man, some sounds REALLY good right now! :laughing:

disneytrip2009catie1104-1.jpg

She did a wonderful job capturing him, it can't be easy! :thumbsup2

From DVCNews.com:

Bus service at Treehouse Villas is via shuttle. A dedicated bus makes the rounds between two treehouse stops, The Springs,and The Grandstand at SSR. You have to take the shuttle, get off at either Springs or Grandstand, and transfer to a different bus leaving the property.

There is a boat dock. Boats run every 20 minutes along this route: Treehouse Villas, SSR, Downtown Disney (Pleasure Island dock), back to SSR, and then to Treehouse Villas to start over again. The boat dock is centrally located. Walking time to the boat dock should be no more than 5 minutes, even from the furthest villas.

Walking: From the Carriage House to the Treehouse Villa area it's about 9-10 minutes.
From the leisure pool in the Grandstand area to the Treehouse Villas it's about 6 minutes.
From the Grandstand parking lot to the Treehouse Villas area it's about 4 minutes.

I've read a few reports on the DVC boards that described the shuttle service as very good.

Oh wow, so a shuttle takes you to the regular bus....I'm glad to hear it has good reports of service, otherwise that could be QUITE a haul when traveling to other resorts. All just part of the planning I suppose! :goodvibes I think I would like to stay there sometime, they look just beautiful!

Great pics of the parade! I was humming along, just love that parade!

Too funny about your KTTW, sometimes we need to be creative. ;)

Someday I hope we make it back for a MNSSHP, not sure when that could be due to school schedules.

Funny story: as the pirate float came by, one of the pirates came up to Billy and “stole” his popcorn box. The “trick” was on him, however. Billy had polished off the entire box already and it was empty! The pirate threw up his hands and gave Billy a “What’s up with that?” expression. The pirate gave the empty box back and Billy said, “Sorry,” in a very matter-of-fact way. Then the pirate went away, grumbling.

Ed, Tricia and Catie thought it was hilarious!

I love it! And that he then used it to collect candy in, how fun!

VERY resourceful and quick thinking, you pirate wench you!

Great updates!!!!!!!!!!

Love the parade update! Your pictures turned out great! I haven't had good luck getting pictures of it. Catie did a great job getting the headless Horseman too! LOL on you KTTW holding spot!

it was in some of my original plans...but it's either the day we arrive or the day we leave...so unfortunatly it will be a no go...:sad1: no worries though there wil be plenty of Holiday cheer all around

... and I forgot to mention we are thinking the Treehouses will be great for the next family trip in hopeful 2013...I know it seems away off after this yrs trip...but it's OK...

Oh, I agree that it would be way too much if you attempted the party on either arrival or departure day.

:idea: FDM alert: With the money you are now "saving" by not buying MVMCP tickets, you can let Santa hit the gift shops for stocking stuffers!!

Your pictures are fantastic!!! I'm glad the kids got their ride in and made it back before the start of the parade....

Oh wow, so a shuttle takes you to the regular bus....I'm glad to hear it has good reports of service, otherwise that could be QUITE a haul when traveling to other resorts. All just part of the planning I suppose! :goodvibes I think I would like to stay there sometime, they look just beautiful!

I think Catie got the best picture of all! :rolleyes: Perhaps I should have given her the camera!!

At first, when I heard about the THV shuttle I thought, "Oh no way! That's going to add on another 10-15 minutes each way every time we go to a park!" But then I read from several sources that the shuttle service was very efficient, so I felt a little better about it.

Besides, if Eddie and possibly his girlfriend are coming then I really don't have much choice, DVC point-wise, during the premium holiday season... three bedrooms are very expensive as you know...

I'll be on the lookout now for any TRs from folks staying in the THVs, that's for sure! :thumbsup2

Kathy

Great pics of the parade! I was humming along, just love that parade!

....Someday I hope we make it back for a MNSSHP, not sure when that could be due to school schedules.

That's exactly what I was thinking when I first realized that Halloween fell during Jersey Week last year! I figured it would be my last chance to attend the party for a very long time!

Hopefully the calendar will work out for you, too, someday! pixiedust:

I love it! And that he then used it to collect candy in, how fun!

VERY resourceful and quick thinking, you pirate wench you!

Great updates!!!!!!!!!!

Ed still teases me about my "hiding place!" pirate:
Billy wanted me to get him a second box of popcorn after polishing off that one in two minutes flat! :eek: He was not happy when I said no.
That boy loves his food!

Love the parade update! Your pictures turned out great! I haven't had good luck getting pictures of it. Catie did a great job getting the headless Horseman too! LOL on you KTTW holding spot!

I'm being very critical of my own pictures, I know. Catie's HH picture was great! It's hard to get good action shots with a simple point-and-shoot camera, especially when you are actually trying to enjoy the parade at the same time!

Kathy

Mmmmmmm - I love WDW popcorn! :love:

What a cute parade! I don't recall ever seeing pictures of it before. (I probably have, but my memory is so poor. :sad2: )

Great updates. Love that Parade! we also caught the fireworks from the MNSSHP from the California Grill, it was fabulous. :thumbsup2

I had fallen behind, but I'm catching up!

The Fall decorations are so pretty! I have decided that I like them better than the Christmas ones.

You guys looked amazing in your costumes!

Love Casey's, and that family of hot dog and condiments is hilarious!

So exciting that you're going for Christmas 2011! You will love seeing the Christmas parade and Holiday Wishes!!!

You did lots of back-tracking, but at least you kept your family happy! The sacrifices a mom makes... :rolleyes1

I can understand your being upset about forgetting a gift; I would have been the same way. Love the shirts you got, though!

Loved all the parade pics!

Denise

Ahhh Stacy...

I'd love to stay at THV someday.:love:

I knew you'd get a laugh.... seems like Stacy is always in the background at WDW!

Mmmmmmm - I love WDW popcorn! :love:

What a cute parade! I don't recall ever seeing pictures of it before. (I probably have, but my memory is so poor. :sad2: )

If you go to the WDW Info section and click on "Events" and then "MNSSHP" there are better parade pictures posted!

The popcorn was delish (I snuck some from the kids!)

Great updates. Love that Parade! we also caught the fireworks from the MNSSHP from the California Grill, it was fabulous. :thumbsup2

I can imagine!

On our next trip, I'd love to have a nice, romantic dinner at Cali Grill for our wedding anniversary and then watch Wishes... ahhhh! :cloud9: I've never had the chance to dine there...

I had fallen behind, but I'm catching up!

The Fall decorations are so pretty! I have decided that I like them better than the Christmas ones.

You guys looked amazing in your costumes!

Love Casey's, and that family of hot dog and condiments is hilarious!

So exciting that you're going for Christmas 2011! You will love seeing the Christmas parade and Holiday Wishes!!!

You did lots of back-tracking, but at least you kept your family happy! The sacrifices a mom makes... :rolleyes1

I can understand your being upset about forgetting a gift; I would have been the same way. Love the shirts you got, though!

Loved all the parade pics!

Denise

Hi Denise, you caught up quickly!
I'm so happy that we had the chance to go to the party; it was so worth it!

Kathy

What a good Daddy Ed was to give up that game so he could attend the Halloween party! :lovestruc

You're friends with a Red Sox fan? That must be interesting!!

Kathy

It gets very intresting when the Yankees and Red Sox play!! We love to watch the games together and we both respect each other when the other's team is doing good. We also talk baseball a lot, but we don't keep it specific to one team. We talk about the history of the game and other players/teams in the MLB.

And I just saw you were staying at the THV next trip (maybe I saw it beforem but I just remembered:rotfl: ) We may be staying there next February. The price is right and there very roomy, but I'm unsure about the distance from everything.

Whoa - good thinking on the card stashing spot! If I did that, I might lose mine forever! :rotfl:

Great parade shots! I could hear the music playing as I was watching them...even the clucking chicken!

Can't wait to hear about the villains show - we missed that on our Oct 2008 trip and I so wish we had managed to get more pics with characters (except we had the same problem with ride wants vs. party attractions....:rolleyes1)

Sara

And I just saw you were staying at the THV next trip (maybe I saw it beforem but I just remembered:rotfl: ) We may be staying there next February. The price is right and there very roomy, but I'm unsure about the distance from everything.

I'm torn between the THV and another stay at Kidani... we really loved it! Some say that AKL is far from everything; but we found the transportation to be just fine.

But if we need the 3 bedrooms, then THV gets the nod!

Whoa - good thinking on the card slashing spot! If I did that, I might lose mine forever! :rotfl:

Great parade shots! I could hear the music playing as I was watching them...even the clucking chicken!

Can't wait to hear about the villains show - we missed that on our Oct 2008 trip and I so wish we had managed to get more pics with characters (except we had the same problem with ride wants vs. party attractions....:rolleyes1)

Sara

:laughing: Yes, where else can one hear a chicken clucking to "Ghost Riders in the Sky!"

When at Disney, time always flies. I think that holds especially true for the after-hours parties... so much to do and see and only a limited amount of time to play with.

Kathy

THV really does look so beautiful! And it's like a little house. I like that. :thumbsup2

Do you just own at AKV? I cannot recall...When I made our NYE week reservations I didn't call quite at 11 months for AKV, it was more like 9 - it took several calls and waitlisting to get our reservation! I ended up with four reservations numbers due to getting a few days here, and a few days there.

I didn't even dare try to switch at 7 months (we didn't want to anyway, thankfully!). :laughing: If you don't own at SSR it might be tricky getting one of those for that week...:confused3

But, perhaps you could trade points with an SSR person...:scratchin

Brook, we do own at SSR!

We stayed there for our very first DVC vacation in 2005... the resort wasn't even completed yet... lots of construction going on.

I wanted to stay at least once at every resort, but the THVs have a totally different look than the SSR villas, so it would "feel" like a different resort I guess!

Plus, I think it would be nice to experience SSR now that it is fully completed. I understand that the landscaping is gorgeous now!

Kathy

Whew.. Finally got through all the pages.. I was so happy when I was looking around the boards tonight and found another Adventure in Autism trip report. I first read your Adventures in Autism back in 2007 when we where planning on son ( who has Asperger's) first trip to Disney.. This newest one is great for our next trip as we will be arriving October 30th 2010 and doing MNSSHP.. Can't wait to read more

Whew.. Finally got through all the pages.. I was so happy when I was looking around the boards tonight and found another Adventure in Autism trip report. I first read your Adventures in Autism back in 2007 when we where planning on son ( who has Asperger's) first trip to Disney.. This newest one is great for our next trip as we will be arriving October 30th 2010 and doing MNSSHP.. Can't wait to read more

Hello Valerie and welcome back! :goodvibes

You will have a blast at the MNSSHP! If they offer a party on November 1st, I would try for that one... Halloween Night was packed.

BTW, I post links to each chapter in the first post if you wish to avoid the in-between chatter. ;)

Kathy

Hi Kathy,

I am loving the report! You have such a great writing style!!!! I am planning for our trip over Easter 2010 (have to go then due to school schedules) and your report sooo gets me in the mood. I am just hoping the crowds will not be as crazy as everyone is saying :scared1:.....

Cant wait to read more popcorn::

Stacie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter