• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

A Grand Vacation: The 2012 Grand Floridian FAQ!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tomorrow we are FINALLY on vacation. We have be able to keep the secret from the kiddos for their first trip to Disney. My daughter's birthday is Sunday and we are celebrating at CRT! I am hoping for better luck with SL mousekeeping and the monorail.

Tomorrow we are FINALLY on vacation. We have be able to keep the secret from the kiddos for their first trip to Disney. My daughter's birthday is Sunday and we are celebrating at CRT! I am hoping for better luck with SL mousekeeping and the monorail.

Have a great time!!pixiedust:

I think it strange that only 2 of us on this thread have gotten the letters. Anyone else gotten one?

KB24- are you currently booked in CL? Just wondering if that has something to do with who gets it and who doesn't. Strange.

We got one in the mail while we were on vacation.

We did the same for my daughter when she turned 9. We also kept it a secret and it was priceless to see her reaction. Have a magical vacation and an unforgettable birthday experience:woohoo:.

Strong work keeping the secret!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Safe travels and enjoy SL, SL was a magical vacation when our family stayed there! Absolutely dreamy!:goodvibes

Hi! We recently booked a trip for in a couple of weeks. Disney told us one of the pools is closed for construction while we are there. For those of you who have been there recently, is there only one pool open and if so, does that make the one a lot more crowded? Which one is open now? Is it still worth going at this time?

Hi! We recently booked a trip for in a couple of weeks. Disney told us one of the pools is closed for construction while we are there. For those of you who have been there recently, is there only one pool open and if so, does that make the one a lot more crowded? Which one is open now? Is it still worth going at this time?

The main pool is closed for refurb until Dec. The themed zero-entry pool will remain open. It is a smaller pool so it will be crowded. Guests are also encouraged to use the pool facilities and amenities at the Poly.

It is a tough call in determining if you should book during all the construction or not. It isn't stopping me from going in November. It doesn't hurt to explore other accomidations as well.

Both pools are actually open now. The courtyard pool is closing on 8/24. The Beach pool will have a new water play area open by then. That area is closed off at last report but the beach pool with the slide is open.

Have fun.

Hi everybody!!! I'm booked @ the GF in a Deluxe room and I just had a quick question for people who have stayed in the regular room as well as the deluxe room. How much bigger is the deluxe room than the regular room. Thanks so much ;)

Hi everybody!!! I'm booked @ the GF in a Deluxe room and I just had a quick question for people who have stayed in the regular room as well as the deluxe room. How much bigger is the deluxe room than the regular room. Thanks so much ;)

We have stayed in "standard" and "deluxe" rooms in RPC. There is a HUGE difference in size. I wish I could post pics for you to see but can't from pc. The bathrooms are also different. You will not be disappointed. We have 2 children and used a stroller which we never closed up and it was never in the way. The kids were able to run around and play without getting in anyones way. LOVE the GF and their deluxe rooms :thumbsup2. Have a great time at the GF :goodvibes.

Hi thanks so much for the info, I really appreciate it. I'm much more confident now about the rooms because I really had no idea what the size difference was in the 2 different rooms. Thanks again :)

Hi thanks so much for the info, I really appreciate it. I'm much more confident now about the rooms because I really had no idea what the size difference was in the 2 different rooms. Thanks again :)

Not the best pics...but I hope they help.
DSC01686.jpg

DSC01693.jpg

DSC01695.jpg

Great pics... Makes me miss Gflo... :upsidedow

We got our letter from Internary planning.... :banana: We are getting close...

Hard to belive that its almost August.. :scared:

Staying SL CL next month. I put a request on my reservation (which was with AAA) for a room facing the marina, looking for the minimal visual impact from any construction. I also emailed the IPO with my request.

I assume other informed people wil do the same. Any other steps I should take? Any other thoughts? Thanks.

1950rainbow, is your reservation club level in Royal Palm Club? If so, your room will be like that in davale4's photos. If it is garden deluxe, the room will be like a regular room with an additional seating area at the end. We've not stayed in that type room but they look very nice, too, if not as spacious as the RPC deluxe queen.

So many of you going soon. Have fun!!! :cool1:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter