A Grand Vacation: The 2012 Grand Floridian FAQ!

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by k&a&c'smom, May 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CaliforniaDreaming

CaliforniaDreaming #1 Grand Floridian Fan/Expert

Welcome back!! Glad to hear they are indeed putting up a new fence around the CY pool. :thumbsup2

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. Disney_Princess83

Disney_Princess83 DIS Veteran

Thanks for the reply :) I'll call them when we are a few weeks out and talk to them. I don't want an updo, just some curls ect. It's strange, all the different countries ways of doing things. Here in Australia, a hairdresser will always do a full shampoo and condition before doing any styling unless you specifically ask them not to wash it. ;) Thanks for letting me know. I'll have had a hair cut a few weeks prior so it won't need a cut, just the styling.

4. momofboyz3

momofboyz3 DIS Veteran

Hi everyone!!!! Apologies if this has been answered but I did not find it in a quick search. We are not staying @ the Grand Floridian we will be at POR (due to the price & it's myself & boys). But, I had booked ADR @ the Floridian Cafe! I wanted to walk around and enjoy the beauty of the hotel. My question is: will construction be going on the end of May & is it in the front or back of the hotel? Just curious.... Thanks all!

5. momofboyz3

momofboyz3 DIS Veteran

Ohh my gosh... I just read another thread which answered my question. Sorry!!!

6. kohler2009

kohler2009 Earning My Ears

So glad I decided to let the IPO make my ADRs this morning! Got everything I wanted within 20 minutes and confirmation was in my inbox by the time I woke up this morning. Which worked great, because DS decided to sleep in and so did I! Now...what to plan next... :-)

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

7. Dr Ken

Dr Ken Don't want to "earn" my ears. I'm retired!

Just checked into GF Sugarloaf Key (CL).

We're on the. 3rd floor with a pool view. With effort we can see CR and the top of Space Mountain from our porch. The fence around the pool blends in nicely. Quite a distance to VGF.

Had diner at GF Cafe.

8. BayGirl22

BayGirl22 DIS Veteran

Its typical in the US to get a shampoo before cut and styling too. But I've always been told that Up-Do's stay better and are easier to create if your hair is "one day dirty". So I think that's what was referred to above. If you are looking for a true up-do then they won't wash it. For a regular blow out or curls type styling I would expect a wash. (Some lower end salons may not include blow dry but I'd expect someplace nice like GF to dry)

9. BayGirl22

BayGirl22 DIS Veteran

Wondering if someone here can answer this. I'm going to GF for a conference and decided to buy our Parkhoppers through Disney at the conference rate, much better deal for us than all the other sources. So I bought them on the conference site but used the "Will Call" option and it says I need to get them at Guest Services. Will the GF front desk be able to give them to us when we check in, or do we need to go to a Park's Guest Services or the Transportation and Ticketing Center? I hope not to have to go to the TCC, we're going to AK the first day.

Also I'm pretty sure I read we can redeem our Photopass+ voucher at the GF's photo shop. Can anyone confirm that? I want to get as much done as possible the night we check in!

2 weeks from today we arrive!!!!!! I Can.Not.Wait!
    TIA

10. Rhongepooh

Rhongepooh <font color=red>I must ponder this news<br><font c

I have 2 DD and the hairdressers always told us the same thing.

11. Sue M

Sue M DIS Veteran

We love GF Cafe! Sounds like a nice room location!

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe you have to go to the Guest Service at a park. M k would be easy enough.

12. BayGirl22

BayGirl22 DIS Veteran

Thanks. There should be a Guest Services at AK, right? I don't want to make a special trip to MK if I don't have to. But wish I could get them at the GF since we are trying to make RD at AK on our first morning!

13. MommyGina

MommyGina DIS Veteran

Hope you have a great time. What do the refillable mugs look like at Gasparilla's? Hoping that they have changed since last year. I already have two sets of them and would like a new set for this summer.

14. Dr Ken

Dr Ken Don't want to "earn" my ears. I'm retired!

Haven't been to Gasparilla's yet but I'll take a look. (Can't upload a photo 'cause my iPad doesn't have a camera.)

15. thisismyusername

thisismyusername DIS Veteran

Enjoy your stay--we'll be at Sugarloaf in a few weeks!

If you have a moment to tell me what you think about the noise level down by the Beach Club pool during the day, I would be ever so appreciative. Just trying to make a final decision on whether to cancel my cabana reservation. Thanks!

16. panthergirl

panthergirl Go Carolina Panthers!!

Just got back from a quick weekend trip and wanted to report a room to avoid at all costs. If you are assigned room 5213 (Sago), consider requesting a different room. The room has a very bad view - directly over the roof of the entrance and laundry staging area. However the worst issue is noise from utility areas on either side of the room. We were awakened at 3:00 AM by loud banging which turned out to be a piece of machinery that had gone haywire. It took about an hour to fix and we were exhausted the next day. Had we been staying longer I definitely would have accepted the offer to move to another room but since was just a weekend trip we stayed put. We were so tired on night two I doubt anything could have woken us up anyway! :) Beware this room!

17. sjs314

sjs314 "Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and

So sorry you had issues with the room, but thanks for the heads up about the view and noise.

18. itisamymc

itisamymc Mouseketeer

I was just there through April 20. The resort refillable mugs have a pool scene on them with Mickey and friends. Some have blue lids and some pink lids.

19. CaliforniaDreaming

CaliforniaDreaming #1 Grand Floridian Fan/Expert

20. scanne

scanne <font color=blue>OK, I must have really small ears

I have a question....
    I booked a room in the main building for August 2014. The price per night is crazy (which I expected) but what I'd like to know is IF AP or general public codes/rates are released, are they applicable to the main building rooms?

THANK YOU!

21. Cotillard

Cotillard Mouseketeer

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.