A Grand Vacation: The 2012 Grand Floridian FAQ!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We did the same thing and booked GF for 2 nights before going over to YC :goodvibes
I know you can see Wishes from the boat dock, and Narccoossees' I've heard so far the beach is still closed :sad1: but I hope it will be open by Aug. I'm not sure if you can see Wishes from the beach at GF. We could when we stayed at Poly. And Electric Water Parade too.

pas130 said:
popcorn::

Hi All!!!!! :grouphug: We may be there in August...for my birthday too :love: so I am drooling over GF pics on a windy, stormy day :cloud9:

Pas~ coming back to the grand?! We will be back in June/July. So excited!
Stay safe~ we better have school tomorrow!

Cynthia

Pas~ coming back to the grand?! We will be back in June/July. So excited!
Stay safe~ we better have school tomorrow!

Cynthia

I think we are :hyper: Hope so!!! So excited the whole "no CL" isn't a worry...just happy to be at the Grand :hug:

k&a&c'smomIs our lovely GF hostess planning away at that wedding??? She is missed here :flower2:

I've been MIA from this thread since we lost junglecruiser...so sorry to my GF buddies :grouphug:

I think we are :hyper: Hope so!!! So excited the whole "no CL" isn't a worry...just happy to be at the Grand :hug:

k&a&c'smomIs our lovely GF hostess planning away at that wedding??? She is missed here :flower2:

I've been MIA from this thread since we lost junglecruiser...so sorry to my GF buddies :grouphug:

Is that where kacsmom's been? LOL

I hear you about this thread, kinda wierd without JC here. But, glad someone broke the silence so I could respond. Thanks pas. :hug:

Hopefully we'll be planning a GF trip this year. Doing very well and gaining strength every day. Miracles abound but somewhat bittersweet. Love you all. :grouphug:

Is that where kacsmom's been? LOL

I hear you about this thread, kinda wierd without JC here. But, glad someone broke the silence so I could respond. Thanks pas. :hug:

Hopefully we'll be planning a GF trip this year. Doing very well and gaining strength every day. Miracles abound but somewhat bittersweet. Love you all. :grouphug:

:hug: Oh my dear friend pixiedust: You've brought tears to my eyes! I am so glad you are getting stronger!!! Our Angel loves you and is watching over you, this I firmly believe. :littleangel: I like to think she has a bit to do with this :flower3:. I can't recall when the wedding was...I'm gonna have to hunt backwards. I just pray our hostess is well, and just busy with life :grouphug:

How lovely if you could get to the GF soon :beach:

Hi,

Anyone has shipped a parcel before arrival? Wondering which address should be on it. I was told that only FedEX is accepted?

Does anyone know what the difference is between CL Main Bldg and CL Outer Bldg? Obviously the location is a key difference but I am more wondering if there is a difference in services and amenities to justify the price difference.

Does anyone know what the difference is between CL Main Bldg and CL Outer Bldg? Obviously the location is a key difference but I am more wondering if there is a difference in services and amenities to justify the price difference.
I've stayed at both and the food offerings and services are essentially the same. The difference in price is location.

:hug: Oh my dear friend pixiedust: You've brought tears to my eyes! I am so glad you are getting stronger!!! Our Angel loves you and is watching over you, this I firmly believe. :littleangel: I like to think she has a bit to do with this :flower3:. I can't recall when the wedding was...I'm gonna have to hunt backwards. I just pray our hostess is well, and just busy with life :grouphug:

hi, ladies! :wave2: it's nice to see you two posting! :grouphug:

i had pm'ed k&a&c'smom a few weeks ago and it sounded as though she's just been busy with life. i'd love to see her post, when she gets some time, though!

We just got back home. It was a great trip. I will post some pictures tomorrow. The courtyard pool was still being worked on when we left this morning. Seems like they are doing some more concrete work. They also put in new palm trees.

The beach is totally gone/blocked off. You can still see some sand from the 2nd story of the main building, but not much. DVC GF is coming together. It will look really good in a couple of months.

i had pm'ed k&a&c'smom a few weeks ago and it sounded as though she's just been busy with life. i'd love to see her post, when she gets some time, though!

Thank you, pas and Beth! :hug: :hug:
I've had kacs email forever, it's time to get in touch with her again. I need too anyways.

We just got back home. It was a great trip. I will post some pictures tomorrow. The courtyard pool was still being worked on when we left this morning. Seems like they are doing some more concrete work. They also put in new palm trees.

The beach is totally gone/blocked off. You can still see some sand from the 2nd story of the main building, but not much. DVC GF is coming together. It will look really good in a couple of months.

Thank you for the update, Chrisrokc! :thumbsup
I love the idea of more palm trees! You can't have too many! LOL
And looking forward to pictures!!!!!! YES! Please post them as we have lost our photographers here! :(

Welcome home! And congrats on your upgrade. Glad the pool is getting there...sad for the beach but I am sure it will all be Grand when it's completed!!!:goodvibes

Thanks for checking on our hostess :hug: It's great to be back here!! When are you celebrating at RPC??? We will be there 8/18-25th in a GV room..I am celebrating 40 next August...but I'd love to buy you a drink at the pool perhaps!!

Hi,

Anyone has shipped a parcel before arrival? Wondering which address should be on it. I was told that only FedEX is accepted?
I think you can ship from any service UPS, USPS, Walmart, Target, etc...the address might be on page 1. I've never done this, but I know lots of peeps have successfully!!!

Just wanted to add, since GF is a convention resort, there is usually a minimal fee for UPS and FEDEX deliveries. I always went with USPS as they went directly to the desk. Go figure.
But, that may have changed since I've done that, as it's been 3 years.
And I was staying RPC.

:wave2:

It's so good to see some old GF friends pop back in here! The thread has been... slow. I think everyone has missed JC's presence. :(

PAS--! We will miss each other by a mere 5 days. I think you want to delay your trip.:p

Chrisroc--- Welcome back! Glad you had a Grand vacation! Would love to see any pictures you can spare!

LuLu'sMom- 2 years ago We were charged $5 for our box that was sent via UPS. It went to the convention site (we were in SL) and it was hard to track it down. :faint:
They said if I'd sent it USPS that it would have gone to the front desk. Not sure if it's still that way or not.

:wave2:

It's so good to see some old GF friends pop back in here! The thread has been... slow. I think everyone has missed JC's presence. :(

PAS--! We will miss each other by a mere 5 days. I think you want to delay your trip.:p

:hug: Good to be here and see my friends :grouphug: Ugh 5 days...seriously...didn't we just miss each other in 2011 as well :faint:well I am driving....................:rolleyes1

junglecruiser had such :goodvibes in everything, didn't she? Pics, posts....the true essence of our Grand :cloud9: I better learn how to take better pics...

So, question My DS12 is picking a building to request, he'd like to be near the Marina. We have standard view booked. I am thinking to request 1st floor to not disturb my GF neighbors when my kiddos are being :hyper: Maybe Sago Cay? Then we can cut to the busses as well right? Oh, decisions....I'd like to be near the pool. Whenever we end up shall be perfect I am sure ::yes::

I think Sago is good marina view, near the buses, Gaspys and not too far from the main pool. Also, do not rule out Conch.It's closer to the pool, still close to Gaspys and not too much further from buses. PLUS, it's closest to the BOATS.

I think Sago is good marina view, near the buses, Gaspys and not too far from the main pool. Also, do not rule out Conch.It's closer to the pool, still close to Gaspys and not too much further from buses. PLUS, it's closest to the BOATS.

:beach: Thank you!!! Ahhh I love the boats :upsidedow

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter