A Foodie's Honeymoon - Better Late than Never DR - Hollywood Brown Derby 10/23

As if I wasn't hungry enough this morning..BAM there's Tonga Toast.

Cannot wait to try this. It better be everything everyone says it is. I'm quite the fan of french toast, and everything I've seen about this almost-dessert breakfast food looks AMAZING.

It is definitely a dessert/breakfast food! You will love it! :)

Tonga Toast has never looked so appetizing! I agree with you - it's so good with that strawberry compote on top. :goodvibes

And I also have to give a shout out to Brenda's pavlovas! They all look fantastic. :thumbsup2

I've never seen the tonga toast with a sauce over it before...this makes me very happy to see, and makes me want to try it even more! Can't wait!

Also, your meal at the Plaza also looked great! :thumbsup2

I'm so glad you liked the Strawberry Chicken Salad at the Plaza, Rosey. It's one of my favorites too.

Isn't that dressing heavenly, Rachel? :)

Tonga Toast has never looked so appetizing! I agree with you - it's so good with that strawberry compote on top. :goodvibes

And I also have to give a shout out to Brenda's pavlovas! They all look fantastic. :thumbsup2

That strawberry compote should be a shake, lol. I would drink it straight. I totally agree, DDW. Brenda's pavlovas are fabulous.

I've never seen the tonga toast with a sauce over it before...this makes me very happy to see, and makes me want to try it even more! Can't wait!

Also, your meal at the Plaza also looked great! :thumbsup2

Amy, I hope you love the Tonga Toast! The strawberry compote is amazing. Yes, I am a fan. Yes, I would chug it. XD

8040695537_9da871d8d6_c.jpg

8040490022_c3515a793c_c.jpg

Park Fare Breakfast Buffet

The only reason I booked this meal was because of Alice. She is my favorite character. I have read mixed reviews of the buffet and of the character interaction. I did get my pics with Alice and the Mad Hatter and with Pooh as well. Mary we barely missed and we didn't want to wait another half hour or more to see her again so we left.*

Now onto the food. *I honestly found it lackluster. I thought the strawberry soup was okay. The buffet offered lobster eggs benedict but the eggs were overcooked and it was falling apart. However, the Mickey waffles are tasty as ever and so were the scrambled eggs. I made a beeline for the smoked salmon and I found it extremely salty. I couldn't really eat much of it. The rest of what was being offered, aside from the fruit (which as a meager selection), was greasy and disappointing.*

Rating:
tweedledeetweedledumrating2.jpg

Overall, I found the 1900 Park Fare Breakfast to be an interesting choice. I was glad to see my all time favorite character but the breakfast buffet was completely meh and disappointing. I knew though that it may be the case of just being with the characters and I was fine with that. Just because I loved seeing Alice outside of the park parades, I rated this a 3.

madhatterrating3.jpg

Yummy Tonga Toast! I'm so looking forward to Kona breakfast! :goodvibes
That salad from The Plaza looks delicious too!
That's too bad about 1900 PF, I was thinking of doing dinner there for Cinderella but I think we may do CRT instead! I'm glad you got to meet Alice though! :goodvibes

Hi Rosey! I'm getting caught up...and I come back to some of my favorite restaurants that you reviewed - Kona and Plaza Restaurant! Ahhhh that tonga toast - so glad that you have joined the "club" of Kona lovers!! ;)

As for 1900 PF, the first time we went I loved it.. I think it was more about the character experience. The 2nd time I wasn't as excited and we haven't returned since because it was as you said, just meh.

Looking forward to more of your fabulous photos and reviews! :thumbsup2

Aw I am sorry to hear about the 1900 Park Fare breakfast! I love it there! It is honestly my favorite breakfast buffet! I love the cheesy hashbrowns, fruit, and bread pudding!

That strawberry compote should be a shake, lol. I would drink it straight. I totally agree, DDW. Brenda's pavlovas are fabulous.
How funny of you to say that! When I last had Tonga Toast, I didn't use all the strawberry compote in the serving cup, so I finished it with a straw. :rotfl:

Sorry to hear your comments about 1900 Park Fare. It's been several years since our last meal there, but I remember 1900 Park Fare having some of the best food out of all the character meals. Sounds like it's not so memorable anymore (at least from a food standpoint). ::yes::

Yummy Tonga Toast! I'm so looking forward to Kona breakfast! :goodvibes
That salad from The Plaza looks delicious too!
That's too bad about 1900 PF, I was thinking of doing dinner there for Cinderella but I think we may do CRT instead! I'm glad you got to meet Alice though! :goodvibes

I want to do CRT the next time we visit. I did read though that 1900 Park Fare can be very entertaining for dinner since Lady Tremaine and her daughters are there and they can be quite hilarious.

Hi Rosey! I'm getting caught up...and I come back to some of my favorite restaurants that you reviewed - Kona and Plaza Restaurant! Ahhhh that tonga toast - so glad that you have joined the "club" of Kona lovers!! ;)

As for 1900 PF, the first time we went I loved it.. I think it was more about the character experience. The 2nd time I wasn't as excited and we haven't returned since because it was as you said, just meh.

Looking forward to more of your fabulous photos and reviews! :thumbsup2

Thanks, Brenda! I know I will go back in the future just because I love Alice so much. I also had high hopes for the strawberry soup but the Strawberry Compote at the Kona Cafe has stolen my heart!

Aw I am sorry to hear about the 1900 Park Fare breakfast! I love it there! It is honestly my favorite breakfast buffet! I love the cheesy hashbrowns, fruit, and bread pudding!

I never saw the hash browns or the pudding! I wish, I did Rachel. They sounded tasty.

How funny of you to say that! When I last had Tonga Toast, I didn't use all the strawberry compote in the serving cup, so I finished it with a straw. :rotfl:

Sorry to hear your comments about 1900 Park Fare. It's been several years since our last meal there, but I remember 1900 Park Fare having some of the best food out of all the character meals. Sounds like it's not so memorable anymore (at least from a food standpoint). ::yes::

I should have used a straw, darn it! XD Is it terrible to dream about a delicious topping?

8039331965_bcc7dfe991_c.jpg

8039340592_dcbf84091b_c.jpg

Crab *and Spinach Dip for Two (app)

I love crab and I love spinach. I was looking forward to this app. I find it an ominous sign when I spent a good two minutes trying to find any crab in the dip. I tasted the mayo and the spinach but there is no sign of the crab. The bread bowl mine came in was cold. I was really disappointed with this app. Yes, the Queen of Hearts have made her appearance.

Rating:
queenofheartsrating1.jpg

8039323288_bb55d38df2_c.jpg
Pilgrim's Feast (entree)
This was what DH ordered. He said the turkey was okay and the stuffing was disappointing. *To him, it tasted like mashed potatoes.

8039268055_52d73b95ec_c.jpg

New England Pot Roast (Entree)

The pot roast was very tender and the sauce is good. I couldn't finish the entree though because it was a huge portion. Oddly enough, I don't remember it being that good or that bad.*

Rating:
madhatterrating3.jpg

8039332292_ded60d9811_c.jpg

Martha Washington's Chocolate Cake (Dessert)
DH had this and said it was okay. "Okay" seems to be cropping up often, with the exception of the app, during this meal.

8039324213_96258bfa59_c.jpg

Oooey Gooey Toffee Cake (Dessert)

I have read about this famous dessert and this was what I was looking forward to the most in the meal! It totally didn't disappoint! The toffee cake was both crispy and warm. The caramel sliding all over the ice cream and onto the cake itself was heavenly. I absolutely loved this dessert and I totally understand the justified raves. I am a fan!!

alicerating5.jpg

Overall, the Liberty Tree Tavern was a solid okay in our books. The disappointing app and the incredible dessert balanced out. I will probably return for the Oooey Gooey Toffee Cake but make other choices for apps and entrees.

Rating:
madhatterrating3.jpg

I know I have said this before, but I just have to say it again...

:worship: :worship: :worship: Your pictures are incredible, Rosey!!! :worship::worship: :worship:

The toffee cake looks so, so good. :thumbsup2 Hopefully next time the other dishes will also deliver - I really enjoyed LTT's colony salad with the dressing on the side.

I have been enjoying your reviews. And I agree with everyone else when I say your photos are amazing. Looking forward to reading more !!!

That's too bad on that crab and spinach dip, as it looks and sounds amazing.

So sad that 1900 PF and LTT were somewhat of a disappointment. Still I would like to try PF breakfast sometime. The strawberry soup looks very interesting.

And it is a shame that your bread bowl was cold that the crab and spinach dip was served in. At least the Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake was delicious.:)

That crab/spinach dip wasn't at all what I imagined. Hmmm..... I'm not a mayo lover so I'm in no danger of ordering that app.

I've said it before and you may agree but I would go to LTT just for the ooey gooey toffee cake! Sooooo very good. :):)

I know I have said this before, but I just have to say it again...

:worship: :worship: :worship: Your pictures are incredible, Rosey!!! :worship::worship: :worship:

Barb, thank you! It seems like your phrase 4D is catching on. Brenda is using it. XD

The toffee cake looks so, so good. :thumbsup2 Hopefully next time the other dishes will also deliver - I really enjoyed LTT's colony salad with the dressing on the side.

I remember DH loving his colony salad actually. He said the strawberry vinaigrette was amazing,

I have been enjoying your reviews. And I agree with everyone else when I say your photos are amazing. Looking forward to reading more !!!

Thank you so much! I think I have reached the halfway mark though. I have a few more reviews left with the big V&A as th grand finale.

That's too bad on that crab and spinach dip, as it looks and sounds amazing.

It did! I was just surprised at the taste. To me, there can never be too much crab but one didn't seem to have much to start with, lol.

So sad that 1900 PF and LTT were somewhat of a disappointment. Still I would like to try PF breakfast sometime. The strawberry soup looks very interesting.

And it is a shame that your bread bowl was cold that the crab and spinach dip was served in. At least the Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake was delicious.:)

Yes! The cake was definitely delicious, Rachel. I think you may like PF. You may fall in love with the strawberry soup.

That crab/spinach dip wasn't at all what I imagined. Hmmm..... I'm not a mayo lover so I'm in no danger of ordering that app.

I've said it before and you may agree but I would go to LTT just for the ooey gooey toffee cake! Sooooo very good. :):)

I would, Brenda. Definitely going back for that cake! It ranks just a hair below the cheese wontons, lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter