A Foodie's Honeymoon - Better Late than Never DR - Hollywood Brown Derby 10/23

Discussion in 'Disney Dining Reviews' started by sushi candy, Jul 25, 2012.

1. sushi candy

sushi candy Foodie

Thanks Barb! I wish I can just reach out in this pics sometimes and get the food to eat again. XD

I think I ordered the wrong thing. Judging from the responses, the seafood curry seems to be the way to go.

Thanks, DDW! We will never forget FotLK. It was just incredible. I think I will end up going back to Y&Y in the future just because DH loved I so much.

I agree with DDW! I will definitely order the seafood curry next time. I know DH wants to go back to Y&Y and I do want those wontons again.

Another vote for seafood curry! Thanks! I will definitely have that next time!

Thank you very much! Yes, the burger was apparently really good. Good enough that he wants me to go back there the next time.

Don't worry about your allergies! DH has lactose-intolerance and he has spoken to every chef in every restaurant we went to. The chefs were very accommodating! I really suggest you do the same. It is a great experience. :)

I think the secret sauce is vanilla and condensed milk. I need to do some research in my kitchen laboratory in the near future, lol.

Brenda, they were amazing. I think the sauce is condensed milk and vanilla. FotLK is just something I will never forget.

Btw, I have a surprise post at the end of the review. It is a happy secret I will disclose at the end.

Sweetspot is totally right. DH's experience with the chefs have been wonderful. :)

Try the seafood curry! It seems highly recommended and the way to go. XD Also, those wontons are so worth it. O.O

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. sushi candy

sushi candy Foodie

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Salmon Swoon (app)

Salmon Swoon is Irish smoked salmon served with creme fraiche, shallots, and capers. This was absolutely heavenly. The smoked salmon is perfect and not too salty. When accompanied by the subtle creme fraiche, fragrant shallots, and salty capers, it just sang in my mouth. This was an excellent app.

Rating:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]*
    Kiss Before Shrimp (app)

Kiss before shrimp is a term meant that after eating this garlicky dish, it wouldn't be advisable to smooch your love, let alone Dracula. The perfectly cooked and plump shrimp is resting in a spicy garlicky sauce. The heat from the sauce is perfect and the garlicky taste strong but not overpowering. This was served with a few slices of crispy baguette. I definitely dipped the bread and ate the dish altogether.*This again was a winner!*

Rating:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Lambo (Entree)

I just polished off two apps and this dish now looks daunting in its portion size. The lamb shank is juicy, tender, and fell off the bone. The rosemary au jus sauce is perfect dripped over the veggies and mashed potatoes underneath. I wish there was more. This is a great, solid entree- especially for lamb lovers.

Rating:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Burger R Way (entree)*
    DH orders this. Notice a pattern yet, lol. He said he liked it and it was a solid burger.

[​IMG]
    Dunbrody's Kiss (dessert)
    DH ordered this and ate around the raspberries. He hates them. He said it was good and chocolatey.

[​IMG]
    Ger's Bread and Butter Pudding (dessert)

Ever yearn for a comforting, warm dessert for the coming winter? This just screams comfort food for me. It was warm and just delicious. The bread pudding is moist and tender. It tastes incredible drowning in the sweet sauce. This definitely warms the belly and exudes comfort food.*

Rating:
    [​IMG]

Overall, Raglan Road was an amazing meal. The live entertainment was as fantastic as the food. This is a restaurant we will definitely need to come back to.

Rating:
    [​IMG]

4. jmm476

jmm476 DIS Veteran

So glad you enjoyed Raglan Road! I just booked there after cancelling our Whispering Canyon ADR. It will be our first time at RR, I'm looking forward to it even more after reading your review.

5. DonaldDoleWhip

DonaldDoleWhip DIS Veteran

Yay! Raglan Road is one of my mom's favorites, and while it hasn't proven itself to be a must-do for me, your review makes me want to return. That salmon appetizer looks nice and light (which is a noticeable difference from most other menu items there), and the bread pudding is an excellent dessert. :goodvibes

6. smile4stamps

smile4stamps DIS Veteran

Mmmmm... Raglan Road... It was one of our favorites! Can't wait to try it again!!

7. Roma

Roma Mouseketeer

I'm sorry Y&Y wasn't a home run for you. Unfortunately nothing on the entree menu really appeals to me besides the burger... sad I know! I think I would be fine with just the apps and the wontons there too (and from all the Y&Y reviews I've read lately this seems to be a common theme).

I'm so excited to see that you loved RR! DH and I are going there on our first night and we can't wait. I don't really like bread pudding and neither does DH so we're torn over whether or not to order it there since everyone raves about it.

8. emmysmommy

emmysmommy DIS Veteran

RR is definitely on my list for must do dining in the future. I see a burger trend there with your DH. ;) The bread pudding looks wonderful! Do you know if they still have pavlova on the dessert menu? Thanks for sharing another lovely review with your fabulous photos!

9. sushi candy

sushi candy Foodie

It was such a wonderful experience. the dancers and the food were amazing,

The Salmon Swoon was great and the portion was perfect. I think you will love it, DDW.

I definitely have it on our short list of must visits!

Maybe one of you can order one and get another you both really like? :)

I remember seeing it on the lunch menu, Brenda. I don't think it was in the dinner menu. :( On a side note, I know how to make pavlovas now! I can make the meringue base. :)

10. ksromack

ksromack DIS Veteran

I just did the exact same thing.....only we're going for lunch. I love trying new things and we haven't been to any Irish Pub-y type of restaurants before ;)

11. MrsB1228

MrsB1228 DIS Veteran

[​IMG]

Just getting caught up, I was so happy to find you've started your reviews! So sorry to read about the stressful start to your holiday trying to make it to your lunch ADR at Le Cellier but how great that you were able to get in for dinner! We're actually still at WDW (we leave Wednesday) and have been taking pictures of our food during this two-week food orgy, lol. Our experience at Le Cellier was similar to yours, it has definitely been my favourite meal so far. We enjoyed our meal at Tokyo Dining, and after reading your report, I'm glad I decided against the sushi. I'm really looking forward to reading the rest of your reviews!

12. silverhaze269

silverhaze269 DIS Veteran

Loving all the reviews!

Sorry to hear you didn't enjoy the Yak'n'Yetti :( I really wanted to go back since the first time I was there I wasn't really able to eat my meal.

Also, that's awesome about the FoTLK! :thumbsup2 I think it's awesome when CM's can spread around some pixiedust:

13. emmysmommy

emmysmommy DIS Veteran

Thanks for the information Rosey! I love pavlova! I will never compare my culinary skills to your since you are a master but I have made about a dozen pavlovas with varying success and a few of my favorites were a bananas foster version:

[​IMG]

and a more traditional fruit (banana & berries)
    [​IMG]

My coworkers asked for this one - A plain raspberry version. Sorry it was already carved up.
    [​IMG]

14. Smiling Cheshire Cat

Smiling Cheshire Cat DIS Veteran

Raglan Road is a place I must try someday. Thanks for the great review!

15. WelovMickey!

WelovMickey! DIS Veteran

Wonderful reviews! I can't wait for more! :wave2:

16. sushi candy

sushi candy Foodie

You will love the food and the live entertainment. We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves! :)

I envy you coz you stayed an extra week! I would have loved to have extended the food orgy for one more week, lol. XD Can't wait to see your pics and reviews!

The unexpected pixie dust floored us! Will you be planning to go back! I think I should have ordered the seafood curry like everyone suggested.

Brenda, those look positively amazing! You are a great cook! My favorite is the banana foster as well! I promised myself I need to level up my cooking and baking skills. DH has fallen in love with certain dishes and I need to attempt to recreate them at home

I think you will like the experience at Raglan Road!

Thank you very much! I am so happy to see you here!

17. Tracerr00

Tracerr00 DIS Veteran

I had a great experience at RR too and that bread pudding was fantastic! I don't think we had an app there but they look wonderful. I love to see the 5/5 Alice's make appearances in your review!

18. sushi candy

sushi candy Foodie

I was really surprised at the wonderful quality of the food overall, Tracy. RR had me pondering over apps for at least five minutes.

19. sushi candy

sushi candy Foodie

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Tonga Toast*

I was really torn in what to order. I was looking at the Samoan, the Tonga Toast, and the Macadamia Pancakes. I eventually chose the Tonga Toast. It reminded me of county fair food - deliciously decadent fried goodness! The strawberry compote was heavenly. I could drink it straight from the little pot. This was a unique and wonderful breakfast. I am glad I chose it.

Rating:
    [​IMG]

Overall, Kona was a wonderful experience. The restaurant itself is beautiful and it gives us a great excuse to visit the Poly again!

Rating:
    [​IMG]

20. Destructsean

Destructsean DIS Veteran

As if I wasn't hungry enough this morning..BAM there's Tonga Toast.

Cannot wait to try this. It better be everything everyone says it is. I'm quite the fan of french toast, and everything I've seen about this almost-dessert breakfast food looks AMAZING.

21. sushi candy

sushi candy Foodie

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Tomato Bisque (app)

This is a really creamy soup. I loved it. The croutons on top were garlicky and crispy. It was a really pleasant surprise. The reviews I have read of the Plaza have been mixed so I wasn't sure what to expect. So far, this has been a solid app.

Rating:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]*
    Plaza Club (entree)
    This was what DH ordered. He said it was good. I kept sneaking in and stealing those handmade chips.

[​IMG]
    Chicken Strawberry Salad (Entree)

This salad was very fresh and the grilled chicken tender. I finished the strawberries first. The crumbles of Gorgonzola were tiny and acted as an accent. The Zinfandel dressing was amazing- sweet and fruity. Portion-wise, this was huge. It was very good though and I wish I could bottle that Zinfandel dressing and bring it home.

Rating:
    [​IMG]

Overall, the Plaza was a solid choice. as we had no room for dessert, I didn't post them. It delivered simple and tasty meals. I highly recommend it as a Magic Kingdom dining choice!

Rating:
    [​IMG]