A Few Southwest Booking Questions

Buying just one EBCI seat and then saving a seat for someone who didn't buy it is completely unfair. You're denying others who purchased EBCI the right to choose any empty seat by doing that. If you have to sit together, either everyone should buy EBCI or you should all wait together in a latter boarding position.

Most likely directed towards me so thought I'd ease everyone's mind...... I bought everyone in my family EBCI.

Please stop cheating.

As for saving seats, SWA has no policy. They neither allow nor prohibit it. If you're saving a seat and someone who boards before your travel companion wants it, it's theirs.
You do what you've got to do sometimes. I will not let my six year old sit by herself

If your child is over 4, they can hear and understand. So what they are learning is
"It's OK to lie to get what I want". This will come back to bite you. When she is 14 and lying remember the example you set.

You can pay for EBCI so your child does not have to sit by herself.

Here's the issue....SW has No policy regarding the saving of seats. I'm not sure what they would ignore two people trying to save a few rows of seats, but a seat or two, in the same row? Nope. No one is going to say anything.
As for RAC checking you in, I just don't know. I use EBCI for my flights home. I just don't want to worry about it. I then go on-line st some point to see what slot I got. But do they check you in at the 24 hr window? Don't know. I do know that if they do, they aren't checking in before that 24 hr window opens.

When I flew SW last week, gate attendants announced, for both flights, children 4 and under could board during family boarding with their guardian. I saw some families standing off to the side. Not really sure what transpired since I was in the A group both times.

So for those saying saving seats is wrong? I'm not so sure SW agrees or even cares. Unless someone is saving more than one or two seats, it's just not an issue.

No SW has not policy. And a lot of business travelers agree.

So you happily jump on and save your seat.... and then a business traveler just plops down it. You say "my family is coming" He/she smiles and says "are they already no board" you say "no". He/she does not move.

Fun ensures. The rest of us watch you get hysterical. Flight attendants do nothing

So please continue to just pay for EBCI for one person. I enjoy the drama.

(Yes folks it happens almost EVERY time I fly SW!)

It didn't happen on the two flights I just had. And I've never seen any kind of issue when flying SW. Here's the thing. Yes, business travelers can be tough nuts about seats. But, the vast majority aren't going to get into an argument about taking a window seat in row 3 when there's one open in row 5. Nor are they going to care about taking a middle seat that is being saved. Most business travelers want the aisle seat.....those aisle seats are not often saved seats! Doesn't make sense. People sit in them and then save the seats in the middle/window.
Not to mention that a lot of business travelers (traveling on business accounts) are flying business select, which means they are boarding before EBCI people. And, many of the front of plane seats are taken by med preboards, then by business select people. Most people that are saving seats tend to end up further back.
I'm sure there have been instances where an argument has happened. But, if someone is saving a seat, or two, in the same row they are seated in, it just doesn't seem to be a huge issue with others. Now....if they are trying to save seats in the row across the aisle, and the row behind them? Yeah, all bets are off.

I have an adult son who is disabled, last year I purchased EB for both flights but didn't use it, we were able to board early due to his disability with another couple. I haven't purchased EB for our trip in 3 weeks but have concerns and wonder if I should?
Linda

No SW has not policy. And a lot of business travelers agree.

So you happily jump on and save your seat.... and then a business traveler just plops down it. You say "my family is coming" He/she smiles and says "are they already no board" you say "no". He/she does not move.

Fun ensures. The rest of us watch you get hysterical. Flight attendants do nothing

So please continue to just pay for EBCI for one person. I enjoy the drama.

(Yes folks it happens almost EVERY time I fly SW!)

This happend on our trip in May. A husband and wife boarded early they may have beeen preboard or early A's I can't remember. They then proceeded to try and save three rows. Wife was in one, husband was in one behind her and he tried to save another row across from him. And this was only like row 6 or 7 of the plane. Sure enough a single passenger (maybe a business traveler) sat down in the row the man was trying to save across the aisle (aisle seat). He told the man that he was saving those seats and the man said they can sit some where else. I was pretty impressed! The guy savings seats grumbled a bit but that was it.

We faced this in the spring. A business boarder (before A 15) had an aisle. My husband and I got on and took that aisle and the middle, and the guy was taking his jacket off and said "I have that seat". I said "I'm sorry, my husband is sitting here." He was mad and moved a couple of rows back, putting the jacket in the other aisle seat, but the same thing happened again and a couple took that seat and the middle. His wife came on in the B group and had to sit next to him in the middle--I heard him complaining to her that he tried to save her the aisle but how unreasonable we all were.
Daisyx3

I have an adult son who is disabled, last year I purchased EB for both flights but didn't use it, we were able to board early due to his disability with another couple. I haven't purchased EB for our trip in 3 weeks but have concerns and wonder if I should?
Linda

If there is a reason he needs early boarding, then you don't need to buy EBCI; the two of you will be allowed to preboard.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter