A few reviews from a quick trip

IncredibleboysMom

DIS Veteran
We were unable to resist free dining, so we spent three glorious nights at the Poly following our 4 day Wonder cruise. Here are my TS reviews.

O'Hana:

Yum-O! We've eaten at Kona several times, but O'Hana never really appealed to me so I've avoided it til now. I don't typically like the "carry your meat around on sticks" form of service but I was wrong here! Everything on the table was delicious and the games in the restaurant were fun and entertaining for our kids. We especially liked the shrimp, turkey and pork. Though the dips, and salad were on the table before I could even get DS in his highchair, the rest of the meal proceeded nicely. We didn't feel rushed at all. This is our new must-do.

Kona:

A tradition. I had the crab cakes, filet, and Kileau torte and DH had the Kona chowder, Mahi and macadamia tart. All was yummy as usual and service was great.

Garden Grill:

This was the only dinner ressie at a decent time we could get at Epcot after missing our Le Cellier lunch ADR :sad2: (a kid thing, don't get me started). I know now why it was available. Though the food was pretty good, the service and character interaction were dismal. Although the place was al most empty, we were seated in the top tier and couldn't see the ride scenery. I was told that the lower sections was closed. Also, we were beside a large, loud family who allowed their children to go all over the restaurant. At one point their kids were literally between my kids chairs trying to get their toys. They didn't speak English, making it difficult to get rid of them diplomatically. So about 15 minutes after we are seated, the server shows up. We had to ask multiple times for many things. Chip and Dale were very sweet and spent some time at our table, but I honestly could describe Mickey and Pluto as richocheting off our table as they strolled by. It was a very disappointing experience and we will not do it again.

That's it for table service, we ate at the following counter service locations as well. Feel free to question me on these:

Wolfgang Puck Express
Earl of Sandwich
Pinocchio Haus
Captain Cooks (breakfast only)
Pecos Bill
Main Street Bakery

Just wanted your views on Captain Cooks + Pecos Bill as we are thinking of eating there on our forthcoming visit ?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter