A few Questions from a First-Time Fantasy Cruiser

TravisSch

DIS Veteran
Hey all. This will be my 5th Disney Cruise (so I'll be Gold after this, woohoo). This will be my first cruise on the Fantasy and the newer Disney ships (Sept. 7th sailing). It's been a while since I have been on a Disney Cruise so I have a few questions. I might have more later.

1) My family will have iPhones that we will be using as cameras and will need to charge them. Do we need to buy any special adapter for plugging the phones into the wall? We have the iPhone 4S and 5 with the square wall socket that has the USB end.

2) Is there a pricing list for Shutters? I heard the CD is not worth it. However, I might want to buy a few photos depending on what they look like.

3) Are adults able to check out the kids club areas on embarkation day? I'm well over the age limit :rotfl:, but I have never seen the kids clubs on the Fantasy and just want to check out the area and take some photos.

Hey all. This will be my 5th Disney Cruise (so I'll be Gold after this, woohoo). This will be my first cruise on the Fantasy and the newer Disney ships (Sept. 7th sailing). It's been a while since I have been on a Disney Cruise so I have a few questions. I might have more later.

1) My family will have iPhones that we will be using as cameras and will need to charge them. Do we need to buy any special adapter for plugging the phones into the wall? We have the iPhone 4S and 5 with the square wall socket that has the USB end.

:)There is an iPod/iPhone charger in the Staterooms, we were able to charge our iPhone 4 on that. It doesn't have the new iPhone 5 adaptor on it.
There is also wall plugs in the room for your normal wall charger.

2) Is there a pricing list for Shutters? I heard the CD is not worth it. However, I might want to buy a few photos depending on what they look like.
:)I haven't bought Photos from Shutters so I will leave this to the more informed.

3) Are adults able to check out the kids club areas on embarkation day? I'm well over the age limit :rotfl:, but I have never seen the kids clubs on the Fantasy and just want to check out the area and take some photos.
:) yes there is an open Policy on Embarkation Day, there are loads of Adults wandering in and out. There is also the Ships Tour that takes you around the Ship.

I believe the 5x7 character pictures are $12.95 and the more formal 8x10 are $19.95.

On the Fantasy, from what I remember, you can get a 10 photo CD for $149, a 20 photo CD for $249, and all your pictures on CD for $349.

We did the 10 photos and found it really was worth it as you can make as many copies as you need. It worked out perfect grandparents gifts as well as Christmas cards!

1) the outlets on the ship are normal. Your phones will charge fine off the regular plug. If you have a lot of devices to charge you might want to bring a power strip since there are limited outlets in each room.

2) There is a price list on the ship. If you don't want to "impulse buy", you can purchase pictures after that cruise at ww.mycruisephotos.com/DCL/Portal.aspx

3) There are open houses on a few days at the kids clubs where you can go in and walk around and let the kids play.

The Fantasy has clock radios with an iPod/iPhone docking station. It will work with the iPhone 4S, it won't work with the iPhone 5. I used the radio to charge my iPhone4 with no problems.

There are several plugs, but some are European only. If you have a Euro plug adapter, I would bring it so that you can also utilize those plugs as well. But we are a mulit-iPhone family who used our phones as noise machines, cameras, and "watches" on the boat so we had lot of iPhones to charge daily.

There are several plugs, but some are European only.

That's right, and it will vary between staterooms on the same ship. For example, on the Fantasy, I noticed that the bedside plug was European in one stateroom, and American in another stateroom of the same category.

You can count on one open American 3-prong plug at the desk, and one 2-prong in the bathroom for a "shaver" although it should work fine for an iPhone. Beyond that, there are several others, especially if you unplug the wav phone charger, but some if not all the rest will be European.

Here's a plug adapter that will allow an iPhone charger to work in a European plug: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0012S304W . iPhone chargers are all (to my knowledge) multi-voltage, so all you need is this simple plug adapter, but be careful with other things, as European voltage is 220V. Before using this plug adapter, make sure your device says it accepts 220V.

We have purchased the photo CD on all four of our cruises and have never regretted it. Now we add it to our vacation budget along with tips.

Sent from my Tricorder using DISBoards

1) the outlets on the ship are normal. Your phones will charge fine off the regular plug. If you have a lot of devices to charge you might want to bring a power strip since there are limited outlets in each room.

2) There is a price list on the ship. If you don't want to "impulse buy", you can purchase pictures after that cruise at ww.mycruisephotos.com/DCL/Portal.aspx3) There are open houses on a few days at the kids clubs where you can go in and walk around and let the kids play.

I didn't know that!! Sailed on the 7/13 Fantasy, but that site only has future cruises listed not past ones :-(

I didn't know that!! Sailed on the 7/13 Fantasy, but that site only has future cruises listed not past ones :-(

I wouldn't count on it. For the most part, photos (packages, individual photos, CDs) must be purchased onboard during the cruise. Sometimes Shutters is able to locate missing photos for recent past cruisers (I think within 2 weeks) as long as they have specific dates/locations/attire for those in photo in order for Shutters personnel to find the photo.

That's right, and it will vary between staterooms on the same ship. For example, on the Fantasy, I noticed that the bedside plug was European in one stateroom, and American in another stateroom of the same category.

You can count on one open American 3-prong plug at the desk, and one 2-prong in the bathroom for a "shaver" although it should work fine for an iPhone. Beyond that, there are several others, especially if you unplug the wav phone charger, but some if not all the rest will be European.

Here's a plug adapter that will allow an iPhone charger to work in a European plug: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0012S304W . iPhone chargers are all (to my knowledge) multi-voltage, so all you need is this simple plug adapter, but be careful with other things, as European voltage is 220V. Before using this plug adapter, make sure your device says it accepts 220V.

I'm a little confused by this post. Do you mean that the plug next to the bed could be a European or American plug but the stateroom will definitely have an American plug next to the desk? I just want to make sure this is what you meant. If I can save money by not having to buy a converter, that would be great.

Also, thanks for the info on the photo prices. :)

Photos are archived for 6weeks. I don't have the website handy but if you call dcl they can give it to you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter