A fastpass hint I wanted to pass on

shoppingmom

Mouseketeer
We were in DL last week and were advised by a cast member that sometimes you can hold two fast passes for the Big Thunder Mountain ride at the same time. This didn't work for us because when we were there the park was relatively quiet and the line up were only 5 minutes long.

Do you mean you can get 2 at once? Or another before the window on the first one is up? I didn't know that! Thanks. I'll give it a try if things are crowded!

This is not true. It has been tested. There is NO ride where you can get 2 FPs for that same ride until after the first one is valid. Roger Rabbit and Grizzly River Run FPs are disconnected to the system, meaning you can get one for those rides even if you are holding onto a FP for a different ride. However, they are still connected within themselves, meaning that you can't get a FP for GRR or RRCtS and then immediately turn around and get another. Hope that makes sense. :goodvibes

With most rides no this doesn't work, but apparently as per the cast member Big thunder is the only ride in which you can usually do this with, there is a quirk he said and because most people don't do it they haven't changed it. But like I said when we were there last week the line ups were only 5 minutes if that so there was no need for fast pass.

What he means is that there are two rides that are NOT on the fastpass network. I *thinK* it's big thunder mtn and ..... Buzz?

You have to search more or read the guidebook.

The point is that you can fastpass for Indy and then walk over and fastpass for big thunder. And have two FP at the same time.

The CM is *not* saying you can have two FPs for the same ride at the same time.

enjoy

What he means is that there are two rides that are NOT on the fastpass network. I *thinK* it's big thunder mtn and ..... Buzz?

You have to search more or read the guidebook.

The point is that you can fastpass for Indy and then walk over and fastpass for big thunder. And have two FP at the same time.

The CM is *not* saying you can have two FPs for the same ride at the same time.

enjoy

There was a brief period over the summer where this was true (like a 1 week period). I can testify that BTMRR was connected to the FP network during my trip in October, and I haven't heard any other reports of it being disconnected until this post. The ONLY two rides that have been consistently disconnected from the FP network are GRR and Roger Rabbit.

I would be interested in hearing from someone who has been there this weekend to see if things have recently changed. I know someone who is there today for MouseAdventure. Maybe I'll call her and have her check it out for me.

I wonder why rides would be connected and disconnected at various times. Why does this happen? :confused3

My first FP of the day is always Indy. Next thing I do is walk over to Big Thunder and try the FP machine, it's close and I just like to see if I can get an extra FP. Only once in over 200 days in the park have I actually held an FP for two rides for the same return time window - it worked for all the FP machines that day, none were connected. I ended up with 5 sets of FPs for every available FP ride (for 4 people) by 2pm. It was a great day...

The last time we were in Disneyland a cast member at the HM told me that you could use one fast pass for two people. Now, I'm not sure:confused3 if this is actually true because we were not able to test it out because we had to leave the park to catch our plane back home. It's worth a shot!:)

No, you can't use one FP for two people. The CMs are pretty careful to collect one from each of you as you go through the queue.

OP, I wonder if the CM meant the fact that once the return window on your FP arrives, you can pick up another FP for BTMRR or any other ride-- and hold them to use for later. Because you can use FPs until the end of the day, not just within the return time. That's why so many DISers just collect FPs all morning, take a break, then come back and use them all right in a row in the evening when the lines are long. Many people around here like to pick up 4-6 sets of FPs in the morning and use them all later.

The rides that are disconnected from the network on a regular basis are Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin in DL, and GRR in Cal. Adventure. Plus the two parks are disconnected from each other.

BTMRR goes off network once in a blue moon. Happened for a week or so this summer.

For more details and researched information about FP, tips and trick and quirks in the system, check out Hydroguy's FP use threads here: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1520483

Hope that helps! :)

No, you can't use one FP for two people. The CMs are pretty careful to collect one from each of you as you go through the queue.

OP, I wonder if the CM meant the fact that once the return window on your FP arrives, you can pick up another FP for BTMRR or any other ride-- and hold them to use for later. Because you can use FPs until the end of the day, not just within the return time. That's why so many DISers just collect FPs all morning, take a break, then come back and use them all right in a row in the evening when the lines are long. Many people around here like to pick up 4-6 sets of FPs in the morning and use them all later.

The rides that are disconnected from the network on a regular basis are Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin in DL, and GRR in Cal. Adventure. Plus the two parks are disconnected from each other.

BTMRR goes off network once in a blue moon. Happened for a week or so this summer.

For more details and researched information about FP, tips and trick and quirks in the system, check out Hydroguy's FP use threads here: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1520483

Hope that helps! :)
These were my thoughts exactly. The FP tips and tricks are well established. Every so often a wild rumor comes up and ends up being found out to be a misunderstanding. Further, the CMs at DLR are not as expert as you would think about FP. They pretty much know their ride and their ride only. What happens at other rides is not something they know about.

It is true you can hold more than one FP at a time. There is no limit on how many you can hold. The limit is on how often you can get them. With the exception of the pemanently disconnected FP rides (for the last four years) and the occasional temporary disconnection like BTMRR in the fall, BTMRR is part of the FP network and you can only get a FP once every 40 minutes or so.

Ok, this all makes sense. We were there in October and I went to get a FP from the machine at BTMRR right at the end of the window time on the last FP I was holding. Apparently I was a few seconds too early because it was rejected at first but by the time I put my card in again it worked. Obviously I could not have gotten 2 at the same time on that day. I was able to use HydroGuy's FP tips and collect several sets of passes before noon, though!

BTMRR FP, unless there is a huge line the FP only saves you only a few minutes but during peak hours this can be well worth it.

Sometimes the CMs won't collect the FP and you can use it again but I find that 99.9% of the time now they do indeed make sure to take it.

It would be nice if the fast passes could be a bit faster, at times. :)

I believe the OP is saying 2 fast passes for the same ride BT. You are all not reading the OP's post and unless you tried yourself to get 2 fast passes for Big Thunder for the same time, you wouldn't know.

I experienced a quirk at the BTMRR FP machine this weekend, Saturday evening, to be precise. My friend and I each put our AP's into the machine and each got a FP. She then decided to try using her two DD's AP's to see if we could get two more FP. Her DD's were not with us that day and therefore their AP's had not been scanned into the park that day. I did not expect it to work, as I knew that admission media was supposed to have had to be used that day in order to work at the FP machine, but it actually did and therefore we got to ride BTMRR twice in a row without waiting in the 30 minute standby line. This was the end of our day so we didn't try it anywhere else to see if it would work.

Huh, that's interesting! It would be cool to check this out with other rides and see what happens. Wonder if the quirk is just because of the APs. Thanks for sharing!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter