A Family Of Four's 10th Trip To WDW [lots of pics!];; COMPLETED.

celeste.

DIS Veteran
Hi everyone! This is my first TR! :cool1:
we just came back from Florida today [august 9], but we left WDW on August 5. we had the counter/quick serve dining plan and we stayed at the WL.

We were in Disney for one week. 7/29 - 8/5.
This is what we did for a week day by day;
7/29; arrive, check-in at WL, head to EPCOT
7/30; go to MK for EMH rope drop & MK again at night
7/31; DHS for EMH rope drop & MK at night
8/1; AK for EMH rope drop & EPCOT at night
8/2; MK, resort hopping, & MK again
8/3; EPCOT & DTD at night
8/4; DHS in morning then MK in afternoon & MK at night again
8/5; leave WDW. :[
--
I’ll start off the TR with some introductions!
First, here’s me, I'm Celeste and I’m 15 years old. :]
1.jpg

About Me;
Favorite Disney Movies; Beauty & The Beast, Toy Story, Lady & The Tramp
Favorite Disney Character; Belle
Favorite Ride; Space Mountain, Soarin’, & Toy Story Mania

Next is my DSis, Tina. She’s 18 years old.
2.jpg

About DSis;
Favorite Disney Movies; Wall-E & The Little Mermaid
Favorite Disney Character; Ariel
Favorite Ride; Expedition Everest, Space Mountain, & Toy Story Mania

Next and last is my DMom and my DDad;
3.jpg

About DMom;
Favorite Disney Movies; Lady & The Tramp
Favorite Disney Character; Minnie
Favorite Ride; Soarin’, Test Track, & Toy Story Mania

About DDad;
Favorite Disney Movies; Pirates of the Caribbean & The Jungle Book
Favorite Disney Character; Mickey
Favorite Ride; Big Thunder Mountain, Goofy’s Barnstormer [in the first row!], & Test Track

That’s all I’ll post for now. I’ll actually start the first day probably tomorrow. And it will probably get a lot more exciting!

Up Next: The plane ride & arriving at WDW!

Can't wait to read your TR! Where is the pic taken with your Dmom and Ddad? I see the Contemporary in the background.

So we flew out from MacArthur airport on Long Island NY. Our flight was at 6:15 AM on July 29. we left our house at around 4:30. We arrived at the airport at about 5:15. The airport is small so we made it through security very quickly. I don’t have any pics from the plane so we’ll skip to the drive to WDW.
We landed I think at about 8:45 AM. We got our luggage and our rental car and were on our way to Disney World!!!
Here are some pics my DMom took in the car:
This is me reading directions for my DDad
6.jpg

This is my DSis very excited for WDW
8.jpg

And this is my DDad driving
7.jpg

pretty soon we were driving under the magical WDW arch!!!
9.jpg

yay! We arrived!!
We were staying at the WL so we followed the signs for MK resorts. And before we knew it we were driving under another arch.
10.jpg

so my DDad and my DSis dropped the luggage off and stuff while me and DMom went to check in. here are pictures I took while we were checking in.
4.jpg

5.jpg

I love the WL!
So our room wasn’t ready because it was only 10:15 AM. so we looked around the WL’s store.
11.jpg

after looking around a bit we decided to go catch a bus to EPCOT. It was there when we got to the bus stop.
12.jpg

after taking a loooong detour the bus driver decided to make a stop at Fort Wilderness. So, what seemed like, 1,000 people got on the bus, but luckily we had a seat. We finally arrived at EPCOT at around 10:50 AM.
We were all practically starving from the long plane ride. So, we went to Sunshine Seasons for lunch! It was delicious!
13.jpg

here are some pics of the food we ate! Me, DMom, & DSis got the Asian and my DDad got I think the grill section.
This is mine. It’s sweet chicken, lo mein and broccoli. And Asian chocolate cake for dessert. It was the BEST chocolate cake I ever had!
14.jpg

my DMom and DSis got the same thing so I just have one pic for them.
It’s the sweet chicken, lo mein, and assorted vegetables. And the strawberry shortcake for dessert.
15.jpg

my DDad got the salmon, rice pilaf, and carrots. I don’t remember what he had for dessert because I don’t have a pic of his dessert.
16.jpg

After we finished eating lunch we got some fastpasses for Soarin’! then we went on Living With The Land.
17.jpg

Then me, DSis, and DMom went on Test Track! My DDad didn’t go on with us this time around. We went on the single rider line which said the wait was 40 minutes. It was definitely NOT 40 minutes. We walked right on! And even though we were on single rider me & DSis got to sit next to each other. My DMom was in the car behind us. After that I believe we went on Spaceship Earth. We haven’t ridden since it renovations. I love the new picture part. It was so much fun! I don’t have any pics of it this time around but on the 2nd EPCOT day I have pics from Me and DMom’s future. This time I sat with my DDad.
After Spaceship Earth, we went to Guest Relations. Exciting, right? My DSis need to pick up her “I’m Celebrating” button. She got one for Graduation. My DParents also got one for their 20th Anniversary, even though it isn’t until September.
18.jpg

So after that I think we waited out their while my DDad went to get a water bottle or something. Here are some pics of us waiting.
DMom & DSis
19.jpg

Me & DSis
195.jpg

It was getting pretty hot so we decided to cool off by going to Club Cool!
21.jpg

here is DSis and some of DMom inside:
22.jpg

the types of sodas in Club Cool:
23.jpg

After that, we were rejuvenated! So we grabbed a map and tried to figure out where The Universe of Energy was.
My DFamily trying to find the best route:
24.jpg

Yay! We found it.
25.jpg

I really liked Ellen’s Energy Adventure or whatever it was called. It was good. We’ve never done it before, either.
I snapped this picture on our way out!
26.jpg

okay that’s all I’ll do for now.
Up Next: The World Showcase & some character meetings!

That Chocolate cake at Sunshine Seasons looks mmmmmmmmm! That's a definite on our trip!

So, I left off when we were going to the World Showcase. We started in Canada and made our way through the countries. I don’t really remember too many details from this because we went kinda quickly through the countries because we were coming back another day and we were all tired.
In some country along the way we took this picture:
27.jpg

and this one:
28.jpg

here’s me in the UK!
29.jpg

on the bridge from I think UK to France DMom took this of me & DSis:
30.jpg

and when we got to France I took this of DParents:
31.jpg

every time we go to France we always look at Belle’s library thing and in there we saw Sleeping Beauty!
Me & Sleeping Beauty:
32.jpg

DSis & Sleeping Beauty:
33.jpg

I’ve been looking at pics of the France bakery and have wanted to eat there really badly. So, that’s where we went next!
34.jpg

I got a Napoleon! It was yummy & huge!
35.jpg

my DDad got a ham & cheese croissant. He took a bite before I could get a pic!
36.jpg

me eating my Napoleon:
37.jpg

here’s a pic my DMom took of us. DDad was still chewing but she took the pic anyway.
38.jpg

next up was Japan!
39.jpg

I don’t really know if there’s countries in between, but when we reached Italy, DSis got some gelato. It was pistachio flavored.
40.jpg

41.jpg

on our way out of one of the countries DMom took this of me.
42.jpg

next was China!
Me & some pandas.
43.jpg

DSis & a giraffe.
44.jpg

then we went to Norway. I believe we rode the Maelstrom. I find the trolls in this ride terrifying! I cover my eyes in that part. They’re not even really that scary, but I don’t like them.
By then we were hungry. Me, DMom, & DSis ate in Mexico. DDad was still full from the croissant.
45.jpg

I was looking at the menu for Mexico on allears.net and was really excited about eating here. When got there it was not the same menu. I don’t remember exactly what I got but I didn’t really like it. It was very spicy, but I still managed to eat it.
Here’s mine. DSis got the same thing.
47.jpg

Here’s DMom’s. I don’t remember what it is though. Sorry.
46.jpg

We got churros for dessert.
Me & my churro:
48.jpg

DSis & her churro: [it looks like the plant is growing out of her head, lol]
49.jpg

as we were making our way to the Mexico store we saw Mexican Donald! I wanted to meet him on this trip and we did!
Me & Mexican Donald
50.jpg

DSis didn’t want a pic with him so she went to the Mexico store with DDad while me & DMom waited to meet Donald.

continued in next post because of amount of pics.

I took these pics when we went into the Mexico store:
51.jpg

52.jpg

by now we were tired since we’ve been up since 4:30, so we used our Soarin' fast passes and headed back to the WL. Our room was ready so we could go right to it.
We were on the 4th floor. Room 4006.
When we got into the room, this was on the bed!
53.jpg

54.jpg

That’s all for now! I’ll update again tomorrow!
Up Next: EMH rope drop at Magic Kingdom!!!

Day 2 - MK EMH Rope Drop!

So now we’re at Day 2. MK day! Magic Kingdom is my favorite park.
It was extra magic hours in the morning this day, so the park opened at 8 AM! So we woke up around 6:15 AM and got ready and we were eating breakfast at Roaring Fork at 7:00 AM. I think I had cereal and some sort of fruit for breakfast.
After breakfast we headed to the boat dock at around 7:30. I love the boat ride to MK in the morning!
Here are some pics either me or DMom took from the boat:
55.jpg

56.jpg

when we got there we had to wait for the park to open. So after we went through the bag check and ticket thing we found a spot close to the front.
And this picture was taken of me & DSis:
57.jpg

pretty soon they were throwing pixie dust and the park opened!
Here are a couple of pictures I took when we were walking in:
58.jpg

the castle!
59.jpg

so whenever we get to MK at rope drop we always go right to Big Thunder Mountain because there’s never a wait and we get to ride it over and over. So as we were making our way through Frontierland we saw Frontierland Donald!
Here is me & Donald:
60.jpg

DSis & Donald:
61.jpg

after our meeting with Donald we were back on track to Big Thunder Mountain. My DSis decided she was going to Splash Mountain while we rode Big Thunder Mountain. So as we’re walking through we see another Frontierland character! This time it was Frontierland Goofy!
Here’s me & Goofy!
62.jpg

DSis was already on her way to Splash Mountain so she didn’t get a pic with him.
So now once again we were back on track to Big Thunder Mountain.
63.jpg

so me, DMom, & DDad rode Big Thunder Mountain twice. Then DSis came off of Splash Mountain and we rode again with her.
After Big Thunder Mountain, DSis & DDad went to ride Pirates Of The Caribbean and me & DMom went to the Country Bear Jamboree! This is my first time seeing this so I was excited!
64.jpg

there was literally seven of us in the theater. Here’s the very empty waiting room:
65.jpg

and here’s a picture from the show:
66.jpg

it was very empty this day. Look at how it was when we came out from the Jamboree!:
67.jpg

after that all of us went to Fantasy Land. And we rode It’s A Small World. I love this ride! I know a lot of people think it is the most annoying ride in the world, but I like it.
It’s the happiest cruise that ever sailed!
68.jpg

here are a few other pics I took during the ride:
69.jpg

70.jpg

my favorite room on the ride:
71.jpg

next, we went to other Fantasy Land rides. I think we did Peter Pan, Winnie The Pooh, & Snow White. My pictures never come out on those rides so I didn’t bother taking any.
The sign for Peter Pan:
75.jpg

After that, we decided to head over to Tomorrowland. We got some fast passes for Buzz Lightyear. They weren’t until about an hour later, so we decided to go on the Carousel of Progress. We’ve never done this before. On our way there we saw Buzz Lightyear. So, of course, we waited on line to meet him since Toy Story is one of my favorite movies!
Me & DSis on line to meet him:
72.jpg

Me & Buzz
73.jpg

DSis & Buzz
74.jpg

After the Carousel of Progress, we used our Buzz fast passes. I’m so bad at that ride. I’m always a Star Cadet or something. I don’t really know what I’m doing in there, so maybe that’s why.
Next, we went on the Indy Speedway. I rode with DMom and DSis went by herself and so did DDad. I don’t like going by myself because I get confused at the end when they’re telling you which lane to go to, lol.
We were getting hungry so we went to Cosmic Rays in Tomorrowland for lunch. I got a hotdog. Sorry, no pictures.

continued in next post

Next up was Toontown! I love Toontown.
76.jpg

Minnie’s House:
77.jpg

Toontown store:
78.jpg

then we decided to take the train from Toontown to Main Street.
Train Station:
79.jpg

here are some pictures from the train:
80.jpg

The Contemporary from the train:
81.jpg

then we arrived at the Main Street Station. I took these next four pictures on top of the train station:
83.jpg

84.jpg

85.jpg

Daisy!
86.jpg

next, we looked around the Main Street shops and stuff. These shops are my favorite shops in Disney World. They have everything in them!
Next we made a stop at the Main Street Bakery! I’ve been wanting to try one of those ice cream cookie sandwiches. I couldn’t believe how big they were!
Here’s mine with M&M cookies:
87.jpg

DSis’ with sugar cookies:
DMom’s with chocolate chip cookies:
88.jpg

DDad had some of everyone’s since they were so big.
Then we decided to catch a boat back the WL. We must have just missed one because we were first in line and waited awhile.
Me & DSis waiting:
90.jpg

yay! Here comes our boat!
91.jpg

a picture from the boat of a monorail:
92.jpg

and we’re back at the WL!
93.jpg

that’s all I post for now.
Up Next: Wolfgang Puck, MK at night & meeting the princesses!

So we left off leaving MK and arriving at WL.
When we got in the room we found a little friend waiting for us!
7-1.jpg

we rested for a bit in the hotel room and decided to go to DTD for dinner. We went to Wolfgang Puck Express in the Marketplace. It was delicious!
Here’s my food. It’s rigatoni with chicken alfredo!
2-1.jpg

my DSis got mac & cheese.
1-1.jpg

DMom got an Asian Salad.
4-1.jpg

DDad got pizza:
3-1.jpg

we all got frozen yogurt for dessert. Yum!
so when we were eating it started pouring outside. So when we were done we ran into the ktchen-type store. So apparently I’m not all that good at running in the rain because I fell. Not a big fall just a little trip. Well I only fell because I was concentrating on running and my mom was saying something to me and I lost focus on running. And in my defense it was verrrry slippery!
Anyway after going to a few stores we left to go back to the hotel. It started pouring midway back. Here’s a pic:
6-1.jpg

then we got back to the hotel. When the rain somewhat let up, me & DSis went back to the MK!
We took the bus instead of the boat because it was raining and I don’t want to get struck by lightening.
When we arrived we wanted to do something to keep dry. So why not go meet the princesses in Toontown? It was only a fifteen minute wait. Yay!
Here are some pictures with the princesses.
Here is proof that my sister does NOT know how to take a picture and I do.
Here’s my sister & Cinderella, taken by me:
8-1.jpg

and here’s me with Cinderella. Why in the world do I have a orange tint on me? And why are my feet cut off? I don’t quite know what happened?
9-1.jpg

next up, Belle.
DSis & Belle, taken by me:
12-1.jpg

now me & Belle. Who takes a princess picture horizontally?!
11-1.jpg

next is Sleeping Beauty:
DSis & Sleeping Beauty, taken by me:
13-1.jpg

me & Sleeping Beauty. Getting better, but my feet aren’t there & it’s not centered!
14-1.jpg

anyway, after that we went to ride the Liberty Boat ride.
DSis on the boat:
15-1.jpg

me on the boat:
16-1.jpg

I took this on the boat of BTMRR:
17-1.jpg

then we walked around the park a bit and then decided to leave.
I took this on our way out:
18-1.jpg

we took the boat back to the WL.
That’s all for now!

Up Next: DHS for EMH rope drop & Toy Story Mania!

You are really doing a great job on your TR! I have to chuckle at the pics of you vs your sis. I'm usually the one who cuts people's heads off :lmao:

You guys had a great first 2 days - can't wait to read more! The WL looks so beautiful - serene and peaceful after a long day at the Parks. Was this your first time staying there?

Enjoying the report Celeste! Can't wait till the next installment.

thank you! :goodvibes

You are really doing a great job on your TR! I have to chuckle at the pics of you vs your sis. I'm usually the one who cuts people's heads off :lmao:

You guys had a great first 2 days - can't wait to read more! The WL looks so beautiful - serene and peaceful after a long day at the Parks. Was this your first time staying there?

Thanks! it's our second time staying at WL. i love it! :wave:

Hello! I am subbing to your TR! Love it so far! :cool1:

Thanks! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter