A Disney Geek-tastic Trip to the World Updated 3/27!

We last left off with a truly FABULOUS lunch at Be Our Guest. So here we were, at Magic Kingdom in the middle of the afternoon on the busiest day of the week. Which ride would we kick off our trip with? Only a Disney classic that happens to be one of my favorites...

DSC_5776-L.jpg

DSC_5779-L.jpg

Let’s take a spin around Tomorrowland, shall we?

DSC_5781-L.jpg

DSC_5793-L.jpg

After our cruise through the future. I grabbed one of my favorite Disney treats, a frozen Coke for our walk out of the park.

DSC_5800-L.jpg

Another view of the castle, you can never have too many, right?

DSC_5801-L.jpg

We took our time wandering up Main Street, stopping to look at all the details and really just enjoying being in the park.

DSC_5804-L.jpg

DSC_5805-L.jpg

DSC_5807-L.jpg

DSC_5809-L.jpg

DSC_5811-L.jpg

DSC_5812-L.jpg

As part of the Limited Time Magic promotion, the previous few days had been dubbed “Long Lost Friends week.” We got to the front of the just as the latest round had ended, but we did get to see two of our favorite long lost ducks march off.

DSC_5815-L.jpg

DSC_5827-L.jpg

We thought about sticking around for the next set, but the lines at all the stations were already fairly wrong. Plus, we were anxious to get back to the resort and move into our room.
We hopped on the monorail...

DSC_5830-L.jpg

… to get back to the TTC.

DSC_5831-L.jpg

We drove back to Boardwalk and took a minute to take in the beautiful lobby.

DSC_5834-L.jpg

DSC_5835-L.jpg

DSC_5837-L.jpg

I went up to the front desk to find out what our room number was since we never received the text message that our room was ready.

DSC_5838-L.jpg

Seriously, how beautiful is this resort? Between the architecture and all the whimsical decor, it always takes my breath away.

DSC_5839-L.jpg

We strolled past Dundy’s Sundries, and I quickly began drooling over the Boardwalk merchandise. I’d be back. Oh yes, I’d be back.

DSC_5841-L.jpg

We continued through the villas side of the building.

DSC_5842-L.jpg

We reached our destination, villa 2031!

DSC_5864-L.jpg

DSC_5846-L.jpg

DSC_5847-L.jpg

Everything in the villa was sparkling clean, including the kitchenette. We even remarked that we liked the layout of the kitchenette at BW better than the one we had at Animal Kingdom Villas back in October.

DSC_5850-L.jpg

Plenty of room for all our stuff on the vanity, too!

DSC_5851-L.jpg

Part of the reason people always comment that the DVC rooms need to be redone is because they think the bedspreads (which are admittedly hideous) need to be replaced.

DSC_5853-L.jpg

Well good news! They will be yanking the bedspreads out of every DVC room and replacing them with fluffy white duvets like you find at the deluxe resorts. The turnover is supposed to be complete by the end of 2013. I can’t wait to see how amazing the villas will look with more modern bedding!

DSC_5854-L.jpg

We had gotten a dedicated studio, so there was no connecting door and an added deacon’s bench.

DSC_5856-L.jpg

DSC_5857-L.jpg

DSC_5858-L.jpg

DSC_5860-L.jpg

And we had a familiar friend waiting for us on the bed, a towel Mickey!

DSC_5865-L.jpg

And here was our stunning view of the Boardwalk! I was madly and completely in love with it.

DSC_6169p-XL.jpg

If you want to explore this photo more, Franklin created a zoomable photo here.

We called for all our bags and settled into the room. I also took a seat on the bed and watched Stacy’s Must-Dos a couple of times through before it was time to get ready for dinner. That’s where we’ll leave it for now, but coming up is a first trip to a restaurant I’d been dying to try and I’ll give you a spoiler, it doesn’t disappoint!

The TTA is always our go-to attraction in MK on a super crowded afternoon. :thumbsup2 Such a nice relaxing ride, and all three of us enjoy it so much!

I love that little side street! The little shops are all so cute, and it is so quiet and calm there compared to all of the activity on Main Street. Franklin captured it beautifully!

The studio at Boardwalk looks like a great spot to spend a few days. That view isn't half bad either! ;)

Girl, I have no idea how I missed this TR but I'm here now! Great engagement photo's...you both look amazing! Love the shots of BOG...I was originally planning only an evening meal there on our upcoming trip, but your pics have convinced me we must do lunch too!

You cannot beat that view from your villa ... stunning! Subbing now so I won't miss a thing

You guys take amazing photos! Love them.

I, too, am obsessed with your view. One of my favorite parts of staying in a boardwalk view villa is the sounds of the boardwalk. The music, the people, the boats...perfection!

WELCOME HOME!!!

I'll go backwards on this reply-

The villa looks beautiful and the view is amazing. Can't wait to see what it looks like at night. GREAT people watching.

The hotel is gorgeous. I have never been in the lobby, so I really enjoyed seeing the pictures.

Can't think of a more relaxing way of spending some time at the MK! The peoplemover rocks! Well, more like rolls, but you know what I mean.

I was in that quiet little alley for the first time in June. It wasn't quite so tranquil with 14 teens and our Y.E.S. insructor, but it was still a nice little place to visit.

I'm intrigued to hear about your dinner.

Hello, I'm joining in! Love your pictures so far and I am completely jealous of the view from your room!

Love the details and always love your photos! I must find a way to bring Franklin along on our DLR trip as an official family photog or something. :goodvibes Your engagement photos are gorgeous. Can't wait to read more about your trip!

I could go for a spin around Tomorrowland right about now. :thumbsup2
Your villa, and of course the whole resort, is just stunning.

Just found your trip report. We are hoping to go to BWV in November. We currently have a ressie at AKV. We are planning to try the BOG at MK for lunch and dinner!!!!

I'm here!!! :wave2:

Franklin's pictures of BoG are amazing! I think they are better than the one's Disney has released! I cannot wait to eat there next month...I think that soup will be on my list as well. Yummm!

Brook is right... they are better...:goodvibes I loved BOG... There's nothing like it... especially for lunch... it was just a great experience all the way around...

Your view at the Boardwalk is fabulous...:thumbsup2 I love it in there too... and I'm glad you liked your villa since I have two booked in July...;) I agree about the bedspreads though... it will be nice to see them go... I may even love the lobby there more than the BC... It's so whimsical... all of those great little touches scattered through...

I'm pretty sure your next ressie is not at HBD... and yet I AM DYING to hear about your Imagineering Lunch...since I booked one and I've heard some really mixed reviews about the food... the Imagineer is the highlight of course... but I'd like the lunch to be good... Hmmm.... are you off to Flying Fish or Kouzzina maybe?

Girl, I have no idea how I missed this TR but I'm here now! Great engagement photo's...you both look amazing! Love the shots of BOG...I was originally planning only an evening meal there on our upcoming trip, but your pics have convinced me we must do lunch too!

You cannot beat that view from your villa ... stunning! Subbing now so I won't miss a thing

Hi Queen! I don't know how you missed this either, but I'm glad you're here now! :banana:

Lunch AND dinner are both must-dos at BOG, both meals were simply incredible.

You guys take amazing photos! Love them.

I, too, am obsessed with your view. One of my favorite parts of staying in a boardwalk view villa is the sounds of the boardwalk. The music, the people, the boats...perfection!

I am sooooo with you on the sights and sounds of the Boardwalk. I remember visting the resort when I was a teenager and being blown away that it was an actual resort. It's just so different than anything else Disney offers. I could watch the people below for days!

WELCOME HOME!!!

I'll go backwards on this reply-

The villa looks beautiful and the view is amazing. Can't wait to see what it looks like at night. GREAT people watching.

The hotel is gorgeous. I have never been in the lobby, so I really enjoyed seeing the pictures.

Can't think of a more relaxing way of spending some time at the MK! The peoplemover rocks! Well, more like rolls, but you know what I mean.

I was in that quiet little alley for the first time in June. It wasn't quite so tranquil with 14 teens and our Y.E.S. insructor, but it was still a nice little place to visit.

I'm intrigued to hear about your dinner.

On our future girls trip, we are TOTALLY exploring Boardwalk. You need to see what's on the "other" side of the lake. ;)

PeopleMove rocks and rolls! :rotfl:

Dinner is coming right up...

Hello, I'm joining in! Love your pictures so far and I am completely jealous of the view from your room!

Why thank you! :goodvibes

Love the details and always love your photos! I must find a way to bring Franklin along on our DLR trip as an official family photog or something. :goodvibes Your engagement photos are gorgeous. Can't wait to read more about your trip!

We can find a way to make Franklin a Disney photographer for hire. We joke all the time that we should retire to Disney and I could write for the Disney Parks blog and he could be a Photopass photographer. :lmao:

I could go for a spin around Tomorrowland right about now. :thumbsup2
Your villa, and of course the whole resort, is just stunning.

I need a spin on the PeopleMover too! The reason I've been so MIA recently is because of the NCAA tournament. It's quite literally our busiest time of the year. And I managed to come down with a hideous cold in the middle of it. But the upside was staying home from work today gave me a chance to catch up on my trip reports! :thumbsup2

Just found your trip report. We are hoping to go to BWV in November. We currently have a ressie at AKV. We are planning to try the BOG at MK for lunch and dinner!!!!

I hope you get the reservation at BWV. But even if you can't AKV is equally amazing. You really feel transported to a different place. When in November are you going?

Brook is right... they are better...:goodvibes I loved BOG... There's nothing like it... especially for lunch... it was just a great experience all the way around...

Your view at the Boardwalk is fabulous...:thumbsup2 I love it in there too... and I'm glad you liked your villa since I have two booked in July...;) I agree about the bedspreads though... it will be nice to see them go... I may even love the lobby there more than the BC... It's so whimsical... all of those great little touches scattered through...

I'm pretty sure your next ressie is not at HBD... and yet I AM DYING to hear about your Imagineering Lunch...since I booked one and I've heard some really mixed reviews about the food... the Imagineer is the highlight of course... but I'd like the lunch to be good... Hmmm.... are you off to Flying Fish or Kouzzina maybe?

Two thumbs up on BOG lunch. :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 You are going to have so much fun at BWV, that pool will be a lot of fun in July. Good guesses on the next ADR, but none quite hit the mark. The answer is coming up next.

We last left off with us moving into our incredible Boardwalk view villa. It was dinner time, however, so there wasn’t time to hang around the resort. We had plans somewhere I’d been dying to go forever. You see, this restaurant has appeared on nearly every Disney trip plan I’ve made in the last few years. And yet somehow, it got bumped on every trip. But no more! It was time for us to finally try Raglan Road.

DSC_5869-L.jpg

DSC_5872-L.jpg

We checked in and they said there would be a bit of a wait. So we headed for the bar outside.

DSC_5873-L.jpg

We only waited about 15 minutes or so before we were buzzed to our table. Franklin was really excited when he saw we’d be sitting right in front of the stage. I was a little worried that it would be a little, um, loud?

DSC_5888-L.jpg

The restaurant itself is very cool.

DSC_5879-L.jpg

Though it is a bit loud, it’s a really fun place to spend a Saturday night. Great food and really great atmosphere.

How can you go to an Irish pub and not get a Guinness?

DSC_5883-L.jpg

Um, honey. You kinda have something on your upper lip there.

DSC_5885-L.jpg

The waiter brought out the soda bread and balsamic Guinness dipping sauce, both were really good.

DSC_5890-L.jpg

For starters, we ordered the Dalkey Duo.

DSC_5900-L.jpg

Franklin ordered the seafood special, which we think was cod over shrimp risotto.

DSC_5904-L.jpg

I, however, won the ordering battle. I got the “Heaven on Earth” aka ribs in a Guinness honey glaze with a side of chips.

DSC_5906-L.jpg

Oh my god, these are quite literally the best ribs I have ever had. Seriously, they were earth-shatteringly good. I cannot wait to have them again.

In between the sets of the Irish band, there were sets with the Irish dancers. When they first went up on stage, we noticed one of the girls looked so much more sour than the rest.

DSC_5921-L.jpg

The one on the left barely cracked a smile the whole time and when she did, it was really forced.

DSC_5925-L.jpg

And when they finished their sets, the group broke apart into two very distinct groups with one group talking about and glaring at the other group.

Franklin even managed to grab a shot of the angry girl conferring with her friends.

DSC_5932-L.jpg

Well, I managed to concoct a whole story that brunette girl with her hair up was with brunette guy, but he’s cheating on her with the other brunette who is wearing her hair down. The two blondes are the wronged brunette’s best friends. As the Raglan Road turns, people. It was a fun way to spend our dinner creating alternate lives for these overly dramatic dancers.

After dinner we took a stroll around Downtown Disney, stopping in World of Disney.

DSC_5933-L.jpg

DSC_5934-L.jpg

Why are Disney accessories so darn cute? It’s really tough on my wallet.

DSC_5936-L.jpg

DSC_5939-L.jpg

Um, is this a glimpse of a custom Minnie MagicBand? If it is, sign me up!

DSC_5943-L.jpg

When we got back to Boardwalk, we both rushed to the balcony to see our nighttime view.

DSC_5952-L.jpg

DSC_5955-L.jpg

Yep, I could definitely get used to this.

We haven't tried Raglan Road. Too busy going back in time at T-Rex. Maybe someday when Ben is over his dino-obsession.

The restaurant and your meals looked amazing. You certainly sold me on the ribs if I ever make it there (do they serve the ribs at Cookes?)

But where's dessert????????

I believe I have read about an amazing bread pudding there and I was hoping for a description and rating on the 'Ohana bread pudding scale.

I love that you concocted a storyline for the dancers. :lmao:

Wow! What a view!

:dance3:you convinced me! I already knew that I wanted to try BOG for lunch and dînner, now I want to try Raglan Road too. Love boardwalk. Hopeful contract goes through there!

We haven't tried Raglan Road. Too busy going back in time at T-Rex. Maybe someday when Ben is over his dino-obsession.

The restaurant and your meals looked amazing. You certainly sold me on the ribs if I ever make it there (do they serve the ribs at Cookes?)

But where's dessert????????

I believe I have read about an amazing bread pudding there and I was hoping for a description and rating on the 'Ohana bread pudding scale.

I love that you concocted a storyline for the dancers. :lmao:

Wow! What a view!

We'll probably try T-Rex on the next Tanner trip (tentatively scheduled for Dec. 2014!). But I still can't get over how good Raglan Road was. It might be the meal I'm most excited about on the May trip.

Yes, I hang my head in shame for not having enough room for dessert. But fear not! I plan to forgo any appetizers next time so I can do a proper bread pudding analysis. Promise! :thumbsup2

The dramatic dancers were too much fun to not let my imagination run wild, I wonder what story they will inspire next? :lmao:

:dance3:you convinced me! I already knew that I wanted to try BOG for lunch and dînner, now I want to try Raglan Road too. Love boardwalk. Hopeful contract goes through there!

Stick with us, and you'll have plenty of good food options for your next trip. You see, Franklin and I subscribe to the notion that any good Disney trip is approximately 75 percent about food. Snacks, meals, there's just so much to try on each trip!

Good luck with BWV contract! ROFR has been crazy the last couple of weeks. But if, for some reason it gets taken by Disney, just remember that DVC isn't going anywhere and more BWV contracts will eventually hit the resale market.

Thanks, I agree! I love planning where to eat and looking at the menus. But now that I found trip reports I am enjoying reading about everyone's trips! Thanks for the kind words about BWV. You are right if we don't get it now, we will at some point. At least we are already members, I want more points just not sure how many more....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter