A Disney Dream Come True - Nov/Dec TR ~ Oct10 Another TR :)

Great update!:thumbsup2 Love all your pictures at GF! It looks like you had a nice breakfast at 1900 PF.:) Too bad you had to wait so long though....:sad2:

I'm hoping I can talk the boys into seeing the Little Mermaid with me next time we go to Hollywood Studios.

So cool about Demetri's hand twin!!:thumbsup2

Welcome back glad to hear you had a good time on the spectrums moms trip!

I lost River when he was 4 at Fantasmic in that crowd:scared1: It only took me a minute to find him but I was frantic. He walked away from me at World Of Disney in Oct. my mom found him in another room crying and calling for me. I felt like the WORST mom ever.

I'm sorry you had such a bad day at DHS. I was in tears one night at Epcot because River was acting up and not having the magical night that I planned for him, and one night after coming back from the parks my mother and I got in a fight over of all things towel animals in the window:laughing: The next morning we acted like nothing happend:rolleyes1

We ate at 1900 Park Faire too and the Mad Hatter was very rushed with us also and he was the main reason I booked that place for River. I was a little heartbroken over that.

I can't wait to hear about the rest of your fun day!

Great update!:thumbsup2 Love all your pictures at GF! It looks like you had a nice breakfast at 1900 PF.:) Too bad you had to wait so long though....:sad2:

I'm hoping I can talk the boys into seeing the Little Mermaid with me next time we go to Hollywood Studios.

So cool about Demetri's hand twin!!:thumbsup2

It was a nice breakfast. Considering how the day before ended and the super long wait we had it could have been the start of another bad day, but we made it work. Helps when you're not tired. :laughing:

I'd tell the boys they should try it at least once ... maybe bribe them too! :rotfl: I haven't been able to find the name of the hand twin. I need to see if someone can take a look for me. ::yes::

Welcome back glad to hear you had a good time on the spectrums moms trip!

I lost River when he was 4 at Fantasmic in that crowd:scared1: It only took me a minute to find him but I was frantic. He walked away from me at World Of Disney in Oct. my mom found him in another room crying and calling for me. I felt like the WORST mom ever.

I'm sorry you had such a bad day at DHS. I was in tears one night at Epcot because River was acting up and not having the magical night that I planned for him, and one night after coming back from the parks my mother and I got in a fight over of all things towel animals in the window:laughing: The next morning we acted like nothing happend:rolleyes1

We ate at 1900 Park Faire too and the Mad Hatter was very rushed with us also and he was the main reason I booked that place for River. I was a little heartbroken over that.

I can't wait to hear about the rest of your fun day!

Oh man, it sucks when you can't see your kids. :guilty: World of Disney is a huge store to get separated in too! The towel animals? :laughing: This DHS do-over day was started acting like nothing had happened too. After a good sleep we just all realize how silly things were sometimes don't we?

George has requested we no longer do meals at other resorts and after this trip, I can't say I blame him. It was a hassle to go to a park first. Ohana is the exception of course. ;)

After five family trips, I have yet to see the Cowboy side of the Great Movie Ride. As much as I enjoy this ride - a chance to relax while cruising through famous scenes leading up to that awesome montage of clips at the end - I must confess I'm a little tired of the gangster skit. :sad2:

Alas, when I asked if we could choose the Cowboy side, the CM told me it wasn't on right then but we were welcome to try later in the day. Boo.

2010_1201Misc0113.jpg

2010_1201Misc0114.jpg

2010_1201Misc0115.jpg

2010_1201Misc0116.jpg

Sigh.

2010_1201Misc0117.jpg

On to my favorite room!

2010_1201Misc0118.jpg

We had a little bit of time before going to see the next Lights Motor Action! show and I knew the perfect thing to go check out. Somewhere we hadn't been before, right beside a place to sit if you wanted. :thumbsup2

2010_1201Misc0119.jpg

2010_1201Misc0120.jpg

I told Ariana, "you're leaning on a bug!"

2010_1201Misc0122.jpg

2010_1201Misc0123.jpg

I hate bugs but the details in here were soooo cool.

2010_1201Misc0125.jpg

2010_1201Misc0124.jpg

Next, it was on to Lights Motor Action! and I grabbed a panoramic shot as we were waiting for the show to start.

2010_1201Misc0126.jpg

This was of course Kathryn's first time seeing this show and the boys love it so they were anxious for it to start. Ariana -- not so much, she's not a fan.

2010_1201Misc0127.jpg

She does like Herbie though....

2010_1201Misc0128.jpg

2010_1201Misc0129.jpg

2010_1201Misc0130.jpg

Time for the big finale!

2010_1201Misc0131.jpg

No eyebrows were harmed in the taking of this picture.

Heading out of the show, we had one more very important thing to take care of before grabbing dinner.

2010_1201Misc0133.jpg

2010_1201Misc0134.jpg

Waiting in line, Demetri made a new friend.....

2010_1201Misc0132.jpg

....and it was about then when it was almost our turn that I realized I could not find our Photopass card. :eek: I was digging through every pocket I had over and over and no card. I hadn't even listened to my own tip to take a picture of the photopass number! George had the park bag with him sitting on a nearby bench just out of earshot so my only hope was we'd tucked it in there. Now our turn for the meet & greet, I got a new card....

CONTINUED IN NEXT POST.....

2010_1201Misc0135.jpg

... and then joined up with George to start digging for the card. I must have looked a bit frazzled as I was tearing the bag apart because a super awesome CM, Carol, came up to us and asked if we needed any help. I explained about the lost card just as I found it in the bag. :dance3:

She was a hoot telling me about how I should take a picture of the card (I was a teeny embarrassed to tell her I knew that tip but just forgot to do it :blush:) but she'd whipped out a Sharpie marker while talking and was writing something on the card. We laughed when she showed us the finished product and said it was guaranteed we wouldn't lose it again....

2010_1201Misc0140.jpg

:lmao: She was right! We never lost it again.

Waving goodbye to Carol, we moved on to find something for dinner. First however, the kids were mildly distracted by a CM with a bubble machine.... :rolleyes:

2010_1201Misc0142.jpg

Making our way past Star Tours.....

2010_1201Misc0143.jpg

.... soooo happy this will be back before our next trip! :banana:

We were in the right place at the right time, and a Storm Trooper came out. We've never run into these guys before and they were fun.

2010_1201Misc0147.jpg

2010_1201Misc0148.jpg

We quickly grabbed a table and made sure to give ourselves enough time to head back to the Streets of America for the start of the Osbourne Lights. Simba and Kiara were starving....

2010_1201Misc0150.jpg

2010_1201Misc0149.jpg

Towards the end of the meal, Kathryn mentioned she wasn't feeling well. She said she was mildly lactose intolerant but hadn't been able to stay away from the cheesecake desserts so far on the trip. Tonite however hadn't agreed with her so while the rest of us headed off to the Osborne Lights, Alex and Kathryn headed to a bathroom before joining up with us later.

I wasn't prepared for just how packed the area was, but we found an OK spot right on the corner just before the show started.

2010_1201Misc0151.jpg

I was sooooo excited for this! We'd had to split up a little bit due to the crowds - George and Demetri were together with the video recorder while Ariana was with me and my camera. Knowing I was going to take plenty of pictures once we could move around again, I just awaited the start, and when all the lights came on.... I caught my breath. Literally. Big old suck in of air. :laughing: It was incredible!

The crowds thinned out and started moving pretty quickly once the music started up and while George and Demetri wandered with the video camera, Ariana and I wandered taking pictures. Enjoy!

2010_1201Misc0153.jpg

2010_1201Misc0154.jpg

2010_1201Misc0155.jpg

2010_1201Misc0156.jpg

2010_1201Misc0157.jpg

2010_1201Misc0158.jpg

2010_1201Misc0159.jpg

2010_1201Misc0160.jpg

2010_1201Misc0162.jpg

CONTINUED IN NEXT POST.....

2010_1201Misc0163.jpg

2010_1201Misc0164.jpg

2010_1201Misc0165.jpg

2010_1201Misc0166.jpg

2010_1201Misc0167.jpg

2010_1201Misc0168.jpg

I'd asked Ariana to go stand with the Toy Soldier and well.... she stood just like the Toy Soldier, lol.

2010_1201Misc0170.jpg

We'd reached the end of one of the streets and bumped into George and Demetri. There'd been a vendor out selling holographic glasses for $1 and he bought a pair. He was putting it up to the video camera to get some pretty cool footage of the lights so I tried the same thing with my camera....

2010_1201Misc0172.jpg

Way cool! I gave the glasses back to them and Ariana and I continued on.

2010_1201Misc0173.jpg

2010_1201Misc0174.jpg

We'd stop every little while whenever the music came on so we could simply watch everything. Just absolutely wonderful! This next one is a video if you're interested in watching one of the songs.

Back to pictures!

2010_1201Misc0177.jpg

2010_1201Misc0178.jpg

2010_1201Misc0179.jpg

Look at my little day dreamer here. :cloud9:

2010_1201Misc0180.jpg

2010_1201Misc0181.jpg

2010_1201Misc0182.jpg

2010_1201Misc0183.jpg

2010_1201Misc0184.jpg

2010_1201Misc0185.jpg

2010_1201Misc0186.jpg

2010_1201Misc0187.jpg

2010_1201Misc0188.jpg

CONTINUED IN NEXT POST....

2010_1201Misc0189.jpg

2010_1201Misc0190.jpg

2010_1201Misc0191.jpg

and finally......

2010_1201Misc0192.jpg

Absolutely a must-do during the Christmas season!!!

Time to head back to the Pop, except for one more thing to do before the evening was out. I had a DIS meet to attend to! Demetri had fallen asleep so George took him back to the Pop while everyone else came with me to the Poly. I'd made plans with Moparop (Margaret) to meet up with her and her family at the Poly to share a Dole Whip and watch the Electrical Water Pageant and Wishes from the beach. :cool1:

Heading out of the Studios I grabbed one last shot of the tree ....

2010_1201Misc0194.jpg

.... and hopped a bus to the Polynesian. I was texting Margaret to make sure we were still getting together and she let me know it would be just her, as her family was already settled in for the evening. We set a plan to meet at Captain Cook's for the Dole Whip (my first one!!!) and while the kids booted it off to the gift shop for a look-see, I snapped a few more pictures. Are you shocked? :lmao:

2010_1201Misc0195.jpg

2010_1201Misc0196.jpg

2010_1201Misc0197.jpg

2010_1201Misc0198.jpg

2010_1201Misc0199.jpg

2010_1201Misc0200.jpg

Wouldn't you know it, as I head to the gift shop myself and call to Ariana to join me, who should walk up to me but Margaret! It was so fun meeting and talking with her! We chatted about our trips so far (we'd each had rough days the day before :rolleyes:) and I introduced her to the kids as we walked towards Captain Cook's. I don't remember what all we covered in our chatting but I do remember getting this baby....

2010_1201Misc0201.jpg

.... and digging in for my first taste. Yummmmm! I got to try my first float on the Spectrum Mom's trip but this soft serve was absolutely delicious!!

Moving on out to the beach....

2010_1201Misc0203.jpg

2010_1201Misc0204.jpg

.... we settled into loungers on the beach to get ready for the EWP. It was a gorgeous night and taking our shoes off in the sand felt wonderful.

The parade started and I soon realized I could not get a decent picture of it no matter what I tried. Oh well, a few to remember by anyway....

2010_1201Misc0205.jpg

2010_1201Misc0212.jpg

Not long afterwards, Holiday Wishes started and it was incredible watching from this completely new perspective. Again, not the best shots but they sure look pretty over the water.

2010_1201Misc0218.jpg

2010_1201Misc0220.jpg

The night coming to a close, I was reluctant to say goodbye to Margaret but of course it was time to head out and get some sleep. Alex took a picture of the two of us.....

2010_1201Misc0223.jpg

.... and we hugged our farewells before heading back to our respective resorts. Getting back to the Pop, Demetri was now awake and taking advantage of the warm weather to make yet another new friend and have a great evening swim.

2010_1201Misc0224.jpg

Our second DHS day was definately one thousand times better then our first and we were back on track! :woohoo:

Wow, that was a mega-update! Glad you enjoyed the Osborne Lights. They are really amazing. Love the Poly pictures too...I miss it there so much. :(

YAY for finally trying a Dole Whip! Now I think I might be the last person on the DIS to have NOT tried one yet. Maybe in March. LOL.

... and then joined up with George to start digging for the card. I must have looked a bit frazzled as I was tearing the bag apart because a super awesome CM, Carol, came up to us and asked if we needed any help. I explained about the lost card just as I found it in the bag. :dance3:

She was a hoot telling me about how I should take a picture of the card (I was a teeny embarrassed to tell her I knew that tip but just forgot to do it :blush:) but she'd whipped out a Sharpie marker while talking and was writing something on the card. We laughed when she showed us the finished product and said it was guaranteed we wouldn't lose it again....

:lmao: She was right! We never lost it again.

I used a PhotoPass card Disney sent me in the mail. Since it was pre-registered before the trip, I wasn't worried about losing it. I never did, but I did have a Photographer on our last day mention I should take a picture of the card since the numbers were wearing off.

Making our way past Star Tours.....
.... soooo happy this will be back before our next trip! :banana:

We were in the right place at the right time, and a Storm Trooper came out. We've never run into these guys before and they were fun.

So what did the autograph say? Storm Trooper?

Wow, that was a mega-update! Glad you enjoyed the Osborne Lights. They are really amazing. Love the Poly pictures too...I miss it there so much. :(

YAY for finally trying a Dole Whip! Now I think I might be the last person on the DIS to have NOT tried one yet. Maybe in March. LOL.

They were most definately a highlight of the Christmas festivities!

When you're there in March, get the Dole Whip from the Poly -- much faster than Aloha Isle and I liked it better too. :thumbsup2

Sigh... :cloud9: The Osborne Lights... :cloud9: Sigh...

The pictures don't come anywhere close to doing them justice.... I hope November works out for you and you can see them!

I used a PhotoPass card Disney sent me in the mail. Since it was pre-registered before the trip, I wasn't worried about losing it. I never did, but I did have a Photographer on our last day mention I should take a picture of the card since the numbers were wearing off.

So what did the autograph say? Storm Trooper?

I'd forgotten completely about the Photopass card that came with my Mickey Mail travel documents. :rolleyes: Our's started to wear out too towards the end.

I think it does say Storm Trooper as the autograph.... I'll look at it again when I get home. :laughing:

I love the Osbourne lights! I would go back during the holidays just for these! It's fun reading your report and thinking about what I was doing during this point lol

This DHS day does sound much more enjoyable than the day before too!:goodvibes

I'm going to ask about the western scene when we go on the Great Movie Ride. I've never seen it either and now I'm excited about seeing it.

Your pictures of the lights are beautiful I haven't seen them in about 5 years. When ever we go in Oct. they already have the light hung on the streets because it takes so long to do it.

Your Poly night sounds perfect! Thats what we are going to do on our arrival day go to the Poly and watch the ewp and the fireworks!

I can't wait to see what happens next!

LOVE the pic of Demetri by the pool!!!

i am so glad your second day was better than the first :banana:

Yay for a DIS meet, I don't think I ever want to go to Disney without one again :cool1:

Love the update!:thumbsup2

The Osbourne lights look amazing!! Your pictures turned out so good!!:goodvibes

YAY! So happy you got to try your Dole Whip!!It looks so yummy!! I say it before every trip.....but I must try one next time!!

So glad that this day was better for you.:) I can't think of a better way to end the night....watching Wishes from the Poly!:cloud9:

I think it does say Storm Trooper as the autograph.... I'll look at it again when I get home. :laughing:

Here it is!

181562_10150403622955099_853130098_16758062_3621942_n.jpg

I love the Osbourne lights! I would go back during the holidays just for these! It's fun reading your report and thinking about what I was doing during this point lol

This DHS day does sound much more enjoyable than the day before too!:goodvibes

We spent so long just wandering around looking at everything -- I didn't find the Halloween cat either! :sad2:

Just wait, you come up soon -- the next day is our AK day! ;)

I'm going to ask about the western scene when we go on the Great Movie Ride. I've never seen it either and now I'm excited about seeing it.

Your pictures of the lights are beautiful I haven't seen them in about 5 years. When ever we go in Oct. they already have the light hung on the streets because it takes so long to do it.

Your Poly night sounds perfect! Thats what we are going to do on our arrival day go to the Poly and watch the ewp and the fireworks!

I can't wait to see what happens next!

Darn elusive Cowboy side! It's becoming an urban legend for me now... :laughing:

It was astounding how absolutely everything was covered in lights, and the timing of everything to the music? It must take a LONG time to get that setup. It'd make me want to keep them up year round. :rotfl:

I couldn't have asked for a better night at the Poly beach. Thank heavens we planned it early in the trip or we could have froze our butts off. :cold:

LOVE the pic of Demetri by the pool!!!

i am so glad your second day was better than the first :banana:

Yay for a DIS meet, I don't think I ever want to go to Disney without one again :cool1:

Isn't he just the little ham? He was doing barrel rolls off the edge into the pool and he was a little miffed I made him pause long enough for a picture. :laughing:

DIS meets are awesome and I agree, I want them now on all my trips!

WOW WHAT A HUGE UPDATE!!!!!!!

I love all the pics :)

Thanks! I had so much fun taking them all! :laughing:

Love the update!:thumbsup2

The Osbourne lights look amazing!! Your pictures turned out so good!!:goodvibes

YAY! So happy you got to try your Dole Whip!!It looks so yummy!! I say it before every trip.....but I must try one next time!!

So glad that this day was better for you.:) I can't think of a better way to end the night....watching Wishes from the Poly!:cloud9:

Hi Angie! The lights are a thousand times better in person. :cloud9: Yes, finally I got to try the Dole Whip!! I'll give you the same advice.... have it at the Poly and plan to see Wishes from there too. :thumbsup2

Oh and I almost forgot... look at what Alex suprised me with after we were home from the trip. He'd seen it at the Poly this particular evening and knew I'd love it. :love:

168444_10150403622845099_853130098_16758061_5953456_n.jpg

Here it is!

181562_10150403622955099_853130098_16758062_3621942_n.jpg

That is awesome. I was wondering what they would write, either Stormtrooper, or maybe THX-1138 since most of them just had a number letter combo to identify them, and THX-1138 would pay hiomage to George Lucas' early works that tends to work it's way into each of the movies. I am a huge Star Wars fan, I gotta get down there for a Star Wars weekend sometime.

Oh and I almost forgot... look at what Alex suprised me with after we were home from the trip. He'd seen it at the Poly this particular evening and knew I'd love it. :love:

168444_10150403622845099_853130098_16758061_5953456_n.jpg

Awww.....what a nice surprise from Alex!:goodvibes I didn't know they sold those....how cute!!! I :love: that movie!! I could watch it again and again!:)

What a great update!! I so need to see the Osbourne Lights in person!! They look so lovely in pictures!!!

So glad your DHS day was 100x better that's always good news!!!!! YAY for much fun being had!!

YAY for a great DIS meet! Seeing Wishes at the Poly is one thing I haven't done yet, I'm going to have to do that!! I have a list of all the ways to watch Wishes and that's one I haven't crossed off yet!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter