• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

A Disney-addicted mom plans a trip in August, 2010! *New pics #574*

love the short sets--so cute! I am popping into a Disney store in a few days (I think Wednesday morning) so I am hoping they might have them in the store. I can wish, right? Family can be rather irritating. Good plan--let someone else do the work and decide if you want to join. (Though a Disney cruise would be great for the kids with the kid's club and the adult only space for your ODB).

party: you are off in 4 days!!!! party:

I can imagine how difficult it must be for that many people (even family) to plan a vacation together. Even when we went to Disney last year, we started out with my brother, his girlfriend and my mom going with us. My brother and his GF backed out first because they didn't want to spend that much money and then my mom backed out because she wanted more of a relaxing vacation.

I think you have the right idea by saying. "Plan something and we'll let ya know if we're going"

Love all the disney stuff that you got for easter! I bet your kids loved it!

Planning trips with family is so frustrating. My family doesn't understand the disney thing either...my brother lives 45 minutes from Disneyland and got an annual pass when we were up since it was most cost effective for him to come a few days with us on two trips that way, and he never went a single day other than when we were up. We didn't get it. :confused3 My mom loves disney though, so that's something. I can't imagine anyone turning down a disney cruise! At least you put the idea out there. I agree, leave all the debating up to them and then you can decide whether or not you want to grace them with your presence. Who can be snooty then? :snooty: :lmao:

In other news...your trip is so soon you should be almost able to taste it!

love the short sets--so cute! I am popping into a Disney store in a few days (I think Wednesday morning) so I am hoping they might have them in the store. I can wish, right? Family can be rather irritating. Good plan--let someone else do the work and decide if you want to join. (Though a Disney cruise would be great for the kids with the kid's club and the adult only space for your ODB).

party: you are off in 4 days!!!! party:

Thanks! The kids were wearing their new outfits to school today!

I can imagine how difficult it must be for that many people (even family) to plan a vacation together. Even when we went to Disney last year, we started out with my brother, his girlfriend and my mom going with us. My brother and his GF backed out first because they didn't want to spend that much money and then my mom backed out because she wanted more of a relaxing vacation.

I think you have the right idea by saying. "Plan something and we'll let ya know if we're going"

Exactly. I'm usually the one planning so it's hard to sit back and watch...

Love all the disney stuff that you got for easter! I bet your kids loved it!

Planning trips with family is so frustrating. My family doesn't understand the disney thing either...my brother lives 45 minutes from Disneyland and got an annual pass when we were up since it was most cost effective for him to come a few days with us on two trips that way, and he never went a single day other than when we were up. We didn't get it. :confused3 My mom loves disney though, so that's something. I can't imagine anyone turning down a disney cruise! At least you put the idea out there. I agree, leave all the debating up to them and then you can decide whether or not you want to grace them with your presence. Who can be snooty then? :snooty: :lmao:

In other news...your trip is so soon you should be almost able to taste it!

That's right. I'm the cool one!!! ;)

Amanda

I will be in Orlando in less than 48 hours. And I haven't packed yet. Before I go I want to: get a pedicure, buy a pair of sandals, finish some laundry, and pack. Plus I have to work and pack for the kids (going to my parents' house). I think I can. I also need to arrange a grocery delivery for Sunday night so we have food in the house next week.

Amanda

That's awesome that you'll be in Orlando in less than 48 hours! :cool1: I always seem to be scrambling in the last couple of days before we leave, no matter how well I plan!

I will be in Orlando in less than 48 hours. And I haven't packed yet. Before I go I want to: get a pedicure, buy a pair of sandals, finish some laundry, and pack. Plus I have to work and pack for the kids (going to my parents' house). I think I can. I also need to arrange a grocery delivery for Sunday night so we have food in the house next week.

Amanda

Less than 48 hours!!! :woohoo::cool1::banana::dance3::cheer2:

I've started packing! :yay: The weather forecast is high 70's during the day and then 59-61 at night. I'm worried that I've both over and under packed. :idea: Tomorrow I'm going to wear a wear of long khaki capris with a t-shirt. Then I'll wear a sweatshirt over it. I have mesh sneakers that I'll wear to the park. I think I'll pack my bathing suit in my carry-on. For dinner on Friday night, I have a light-weight casual dress. Then I'll change back into park clothes.
Saturday I have a pair of yoga pants/capris with a matching tunic top (tank top) that I'll wear. Saturday night I have a different casual dress. Sunday I'm wearing my suit. :rolleyes:
I packed a pair of blue jeans, a casual skirt with t-shirt, a pair of shorts/t-shirt to wear to the pool, and my flip flops. Plus, sleep clothes and a lightweight cardigan.
Obviously I need toiletries, camera, etc.
What else do I need? Anything I don't need?

Amanda

You better have started packing, you leave tomorrow!

It does sound like a lot of clothes for 3 days, doesn't it? I think it sounds great though. Can't think of anything you're forgetting....

Shoes for your dresses/suit? That's all I can come up with.

Hope you're getting excited!

You will be in Disney World tomorrow:banana::banana::banana::yay::yay::dance3::dance3::dance3::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::cool1:

Doesn't get much more exciting than that!:goodvibes

Glad you started packing... finally! I'll be packed a month before we go ;) I have a packing problem!

I always seem to be scrambling for last minute things too though. And I usually get packing done a good amount of time before the trip. Last May I couldn't find misting fans... go figure. I looked everywhere. Well, my Dad knew this, and was out looking for them. He ended up showing up at my house at 5pm, the night before we left with them.

GOOD LUCK AND HAVE A BLAST. CAN'T WAIT TO SEE PICTURES!!!

Thanks all! My "check" bag is done except adding my make-up in the morning. I just need to finish my carry-on stuff. The kids are packed for their trip to Nana and Popsie's house. The dog is at my MIL's house. The little one is staying with my nanny and she can pack whatever she wants (she already took the pack n play, diapers, and wipes). She lives close so she can go back and forth. Car service is ordered. Touring plans printed. I think I'm pretty ready....

Amanda

OMG Amanda!!! Whooo hoooo!!! :banana::banana::banana:

I will be thinking of you tomorrow as I am sitting at my desk at work...wishing I was where you will be!:cloud9:

Have fun!!! Can't wait to hear your report when you return! :goodvibes

Thank you all!!!!
We're being picked up in an hour. Off to make coffee and unload the dishwasher prior to departure. We're landing at 11:30pm on Sunday night so I probably won't be back here until sometime on Monday.
Have a great weekend all! I know I will... :thumbsup2

Amanda

I hope your trip is starting out smoothly and that you have a great time!!! I can't wait to hear about it when you get back! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter