A Daily Dose of Disney Drama! 5/02/13 PG 53 THE END

I had to look it up, but that Sony looks like quite the powerhouse. I have a Canon 7D. I'll be taking it when we go in April. I took my Canon XSi last time. Never seemed to have the time to get creative with it though. I intend to make the time this trip.

Dale is a Best Buy manager so he is always tempted by the latest gadgets :rotfl:

We try and get some different pics each time we go to keep things interesting.

Poor Dale! That'll teach him not to be tardy in the future. Imagine that man saying, "you've got something in your eye. Do you want me to get it out? " :rotfl: I mean, WHO says that? How were you not rolling on the floor?????

I know right?! I was really having a hard time keeping it together but it was like a scene from Punked or Candid Camera :rotfl2:

30 minutes for GMR? Yikes! Sounds like summer crowds to me.

The crowds weren't that bad that day so I never did figure out why the wait was so long.

ADR? Hmmmmmm....... If you stay at HS I'm going to guess Prime Time. If you go to Epcot I am going to guess........OK....thinking.......this is harder than I thought.......how about Rose & Crown or Les Chefs?

I had the most amazing pizza at Via in October. It was awesome. SO good.
I would have preferred any of those to where we ended up. I really wanted to keep the Via adr but since I got a longer trip than he did I let him choose.

Oh yeah - Cynthia and I split one of those carrot cake cookies. A little too much sugar for me at breakfast. I definitely crashed after that sugar high.

I would prefer just a single cookie without the frosting myself.

I loved Wreck it Ralph. I thought it was a really cute movie, I agree it was a tad too long but I still enjoyed it.

Those cookies look delish! I have never been there. Maybe next time.

I think Caitlyn got you reservations at the 50's Dinner???

It was a cute movie and they did do a great job matching the characters and their voice actors.
The Writer's Stop is so small and easy to miss I think you almost have to plan ahead to stop there or you just forget.
I wish it was the 50's!

I absolutely adore Brave and can't wait for it to come out! I think next week it's on DVD.

Us too! It comes out Tuesday which happens to be Caitlin's birthday :)

I had seen that picture of you guys on FB with Merida and I think it's awesome! Her face is priceless.
She wa sso fun!

I think Storybook Circus looks great. I can't wait to see it in person in a few weeks. :thumbsup2

It's so cute! You'll love it! What a great time to be going, I hope your trip is extra magical!

Oh dear. I absolutely can't handle it when people insist on sitting right now to me in a completely empty space. And then the whole "you have something in your eye" thing? That's hysterical. I don't know if I would have been able to keep my composure.
Believe me, it was not easy!

Mmmmm, carrot cake cookie. I agree, it's something to be shared.

Yes I couldn't believe how big it was!

I am also a rope-drop person and would have got nuts missing those boats! Poor Dale - but hopefully he learned his lesson.

Love TSM, not a bad wait for you there. I'm guessing Brown Derby for lunch.

Yep, he learned that lesson the hard way :rotfl:
You are correct! Dale's favorite DHS restaurant is Brown Derby so Caitlin booked us there :thumbsup2

Two rides on TSM, way to go!

I also enjoy the writers stop, they do have decent coffee! :)

I know that the carrot cake cookie is a DIS favorite, but it is the photo of your DH's cookie that has my mouth watering. Chocolate and toffee sounds like a home run to me!

Two rides on TSM, way to go!

We love TSM so we try and get in as many rides as we can!

I also enjoy the writers stop, they do have decent coffee! :)

I know that the carrot cake cookie is a DIS favorite, but it is the photo of your DH's cookie that has my mouth watering. Chocolate and toffee sounds like a home run to me!

Dale preferred that cookie to the carrot cake one although that didn't stop him from finishing it :rotfl:

We did however, find time to go see "Wreck it Ralph". We all agreed the movie was cute but we don't feel it is destined to become a Disney classic.

Interesting that you'd say that. I don't know anyone that's really all that interested in it. Of course all the hype's on 007 right now.

We woke up bright and early for our first full day at Disney :cool1:

Lucky. I can usually manage the early, but never the bright.

Once we were ready for the day (it took me awhile with that crummy little comb and brush!)

:lmao: And you're not gonna let us forget it, are you?

The kiddie sitting area

What a great idea!

For some reason Dale was really pokey that morning

Does that make you Gumby? Cool.

and as I am a die-hard rope dropper I began to get a bit frustrated.

"Hello, my name is Dawn and I am a diehard rope dropper."

"Hi Dawn!"

When we got to the bridge he said "don't take that just follow the sidewalk". Now I knew that was a bad idea but followed along and guess what? It was twice as long :rolleyes1

Really? that's so strange. Because men never get lost.

ahem. :rolleyes1:

We sat in the first bench on a nearly empty boat. Well right after we sat down this very large southern gentleman sits down right next to Dale. When I say "right next to" I mean he was touching him they were so close. Dale is a very easy going and loves people but this was immediately making him uncomfortable. (yes I found it hilarious!) The man then turns his head, gets his face real close to Dale's, looks Dale in the eye and tells him in a very thick accent, "you got something right there in your eye". Dale looked like he was going to die and wipes his eye. The man then tells him "you missed it, want me to get it?" :rotfl2: I was biting my lip so I would not laugh out loud. It was hysterical! The man then proceeds to talk non-stop all the way to DHS about all the fish in the waters at WDW. I honestly have never seen Dale so uncomfortable :rotfl: When we got off the boat I turned to Dale and said "we are now even for you making us miss rope drop" ;)

OMG that story is hillarious! I told DW about it. I mean who does that? (Other than a certain southern gent) "Want me to get it?" :scared:

So I guess the options are: 1. Jump overboard and risk the brain eating amoebas or 2. Stay within the reach of Southern Gent.

Hard choice.

Once we got into the park we hightailed it over to TSM.We decided to get in line anyway and it turned out the wait was only 15 minutes.

Not too bad for missing rope drop.

This time we only waited 10 minutes!

Sweet!

After the second game we were going to get fast passes but they were for 3pm and we didn't think we'd be there that long so we skipped it.

And I see Dale won again... otherwise you would've mentioned it. Right?

After the Muppet movie we were ready for a snack so we paid a visit to the Writer's Stop. I had heard about a certain snack on the Dis and I was eager to try it out. Yes, I had my first carrotcake cookie...

I too had heard about this. DW is a carrot cake afficionado so we had to try it. Well, we were on the DDP and we were near the end of our trip. I had eaten so many snacks by then that I just wasn't hungry anymore. I got it "for later". Later became, "the next day". The next day I still wasn't hungry... so I still haven't tried one! :laughing: DW liked it, though.

The sign out front said 5 minutes so we expected to walk on. Boy were we wrong! We ended up waiting half an hour!

I wonder if maybe they had a breakdown and that backed it up?

and Eddie Valiant's office. I'm so glad he is helping Roger! I heard the poor rabbit was framed!

What? No! Say it isn't so!

It was then time for lunch but I will save that for next time. Where do you suppose Caitlin got us a reservation?

I'm gonna guess Sci Fi. Thanks for the chapter! :goodvibes

Interesting that you'd say that. I don't know anyone that's really all that interested in it. Of course all the hype's on 007 right now.

We always go see all the Disney and Pixar movies but this one just wasn't among Disney's best. Dale wants to go see 007, not my thing though.

Lucky. I can usually manage the early, but never the bright.

Where does that expression come from? When it's early it isn't usually bright out is it :confused3

:lmao: And you're not gonna let us forget it, are you?

Nope! :p

What a great idea!

Does that make you Gumby? Cool.

"Hello, my name is Dawn and I am a diehard rope dropper."

"Hi Dawn!"
It really is a sickness!

Really? that's so strange. Because men never get lost.

ahem. :rolleyes1:

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

OMG that story is hillarious! I told DW about it. I mean who does that? (Other than a certain southern gent) "Want me to get it?" :scared:

So I guess the options are: 1. Jump overboard and risk the brain eating amoebas or 2. Stay within the reach of Southern Gent.

Hard choice.
It was so random and so strange it was absolutely hilarious!

Not too bad for missing rope drop.

Yeah, ya win some and ya lose some.

Sweet!

And I see Dale won again... otherwise you would've mentioned it. Right?

You know me well! :rotfl:

I too had heard about this. DW is a carrot cake afficionado so we had to try it. Well, we were on the DDP and we were near the end of our trip. I had eaten so many snacks by then that I just wasn't hungry anymore. I got it "for later". Later became, "the next day". The next day I still wasn't hungry... so I still haven't tried one! :laughing: DW liked it, though.

Don't you hate when that happens!

I wonder if maybe they had a breakdown and that backed it up?

I have no idea but it was really strange. Not as strange as the boat guy though :lmao:

What? No! Say it isn't so!

Yep! Very tragic :)

I'm gonna guess Sci Fi. Thanks for the chapter! :goodvibes

Nope not SciFi although I would have preferred that!

Dale is a Best Buy manager so he is always tempted by the latest gadgets :rotfl:

We try and get some different pics each time we go to keep things interesting.

I would never save a penny if I worked at any electronics store, especially one that had camera gear. lol

Very fun update!

I am a rope-drop addict, too, but fortunately everyone else in my family are early risers, so we don't have trouble making it. Even so, we have been in the situation where we missed a HS boat on more than one occasion.

The story about the guy on the boat is HILARIOUS!!! :rotfl2:

So a 30 minute wait on GMR, but only 15 min and 10 min on TSM? That just ain't right! Or a 3 PM return time for TSM first thing in the morning? Also not right!

Love me some muppets!

I have never been to Writer's Stop. I'm not sure if I would like the cookie. Sounds too sweet for my taste. My DH loves carrot cake, so someday we may try it.

I was going to guess Prime Time too, but it sounds like HBD.

I enjoyed you update, I love HS. The Writer's Shop is a nice quiet place. I am not a sweet eater but I like seeing all the popular sweet snacks on the Dis.

Very fun update!

Thank you :)

I am a rope-drop addict, too, but fortunately everyone else in my family are early risers, so we don't have trouble making it. Even so, we have been in the situation where we missed a HS boat on more than one occasion.

The YC atmosphere and Club lounge made Dale feel too relaxed :rotfl:

The story about the guy on the boat is HILARIOUS!!! :rotfl2:

I secretly kept hoping we'd run into him again but no luck.

So a 30 minute wait on GMR, but only 15 min and 10 min on TSM? That just ain't right! Or a 3 PM return time for TSM first thing in the morning? Also not right!

It was really odd!

Love me some muppets!

I have never been to Writer's Stop. I'm not sure if I would like the cookie. Sounds too sweet for my taste. My DH loves carrot cake, so someday we may try it.

I think it would be better if the frosting just wasn't so thick.

I was going to guess Prime Time too, but it sounds like HBD.

Yes, HBD it was.

I enjoyed you update, I love HS. The Writer's Shop is a nice quiet place. I am not a sweet eater but I like seeing all the popular sweet snacks on the Dis.

Thank you :)
I like reading all the popular Dis snacks too but so far both the cookie and the School bread have disappointed me.

We have never ventured into the Writer's Workshop. Looks like it's now on the list.

I hope to be back on later today with an update but in case I don't make it, I had to post this...

Happy 22nd Birthday to our favorite Disney princess, PRINCESS CAITLIN!! Hoping your day is magical pixiedust:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter