A College Graduation Celebration w/my Mom! (Update! I leave tomorrow! Pg. 14 #208)

Hey! Congrats on your soon-to-be college graduation! I was going to ask you what you were planning to do next and what your major was, but then I realized that would make me sound like someone's mother. :laughing:

I like the pics of Disneyland...can't wait to see more.:goodvibes

Since I've never been to Disneyland, I can't wait to see inside the park!

It was really cute, but pretty different. I think you'd like it, though :)

Ahhh I'm excited just looking at the entrance! Man I want to go back to Disneyland.

Haha I know how much you loved it!

you saw no one? bummer....if you were around LA for any amount of time, you would see someone eventually.

I know!! I guess I just need to move there, haha!

That stinks that you didn't see anyone! We went to Cape Cod several times for vacations. Every time we go, I drag DH out to Hyannis and get on the beach next to the Kennedy compound. The first time we ever found it, we drove around FOREVER until we got to it! I was not giving up though! When we finally found it, we saw the signs that said stay off the beach and no tresspassing. Well, that didn't stop me! I had mu picture taken on the beach right in front of the main house! Maybe a bit psycho, but as close to a celebrity as I could get. And, I don't even like the Kennedys!!! I am a huge Marilyn Monroe fan and blame them for her death. Rant..... Anyway, I have also seen McKenzie Phillips at a local ice cream stand here. And about 2 years ago I was in Target and Paul Sorvino was shopping. I circled him about 25 times...he must've thought I was a serious stalker!!! LOL Just thought I'd share my celebrity run-ins with you!

Can't wait to see the inside of DL!!!!! I am determined to get there one day!!!

YES! Thanks for sharing your celebrity run-ins, I loved them!!!

Hey! Congrats on your soon-to-be college graduation! I was going to ask you what you were planning to do next and what your major was, but then I realized that would make me sound like someone's mother. :laughing:

I like the pics of Disneyland...can't wait to see more.:goodvibes

Thanks for coming over here to check out my PTR! I'm used to people asking me that question and you wouldn't sound like someone's mother! Everyoneeeeee asks!:thumbsup2 My degree will be in Public Relations and Advertising with a minor in Sociology. I'd love to work for an animal welfare organization or a sports team. I did a few internships in sports and have applied for a few more since there are VERY few "real" job openings, so we will see what happens!

OK, I'll try to finish this up. After all I am just home sick laying on the couch! So I last left off with us walking up to the gates of Disneyland Park. As soon we got in we saw this:

4069225732_82e9f79d29_b.jpg

Decorations for Halloween!

4068472379_0bb94c8d70_b.jpg

Why are all my pictures crooked!? Anyways, it looks adorable and I couldn't wait to go inside. We wanted our picture in front of the entrance but there were a thousand people with the same idea, so we decided to just head on in.

This is what you see when you look down Main Street. Kind of a shock, at least for me, since I am expecting to see a massive castle that belongs to my girl - Cinderella!

4069225892_75e95e1e86_b.jpg

Belle and I had to stop to get our picture in front of this! Little did all of the people in the front know that the back of the pumpkin had the same face, and a Photopass photographer was waiting to take our pictures! For those of you that don't know me, I'm the blonde.

4068473333_74888b8464_b.jpg

Love this statue and of course the inscription on the plaque!

4069228288_0b86cd67fc_b.jpg

4068472657_fd6dafe1cb_b.jpg

Then we made it to Sleeping Beauty castle!

4068474529_3d6bb458a4_b.jpg

After we took that picture, we went to Tomorrowland to grab fastpasses for Space Mountain!

4069235476_8a3d3f5200_b.jpg

4068482109_72c9e4cb56_b.jpg

After we got our FP's, we headed to Adventureland to start our day.

4069235694_325a0262d0_b.jpg

4069235918_808b415243_b.jpg

4068481765_b8a7f4d7f2_b.jpg

Our Jungle Cruise captain was horrible. He thought he was hilarious but no one could understand what he was saying. We also had two girls on our boat that sat there and took pictures of each other the whole time. They were also decked out like they were going to be in some kind of fashion show later. The one was wearing a beret on the back of her head and I told Belle I hoped it fell into the water :confused3:lmao::rolleyes1

For those of you that don't know, the Indiana Jones ride is basically the same type of ride as Dinosaur, but it's themed after Indiana Jones. I personally like this one way better than Dinosaur, but that's just me! Both of them are a lot of fun.

Then we continued on...

4069236788_888942fff5_b.jpg

4069237044_783b27483e_b.jpg

4069237796_dcf2aed931_b.jpg

The Haunted Mansion was themed like Nightmare Before Christmas. I don't know if it's always like this or if was just set up for Halloween? I've actually never seen the movie...I know, I know! Pirates was AWESOME and better than the WDW one for some reason. The boats pass by the queue area towards the end of the ride. Loved it!

So that is it for the pictures I took at DL! We didn't stay all day otherwise I totally would've taken more. But hopefully this gives you a taste of what it's like if you've never been, or a reminder of all the fun you had if you have been there before!

Th Mansion in DL is only like that from October to January for both Halloween and christmas, otherwise it is mostly like WDWs.

How fun!!!!! I thought the same thing when I saw the castle. You 2 were almost as tall as it!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope you are feeling better :) I'm finally feeling better aside from when I wake up and need to take my allergy medicine but other than that things are peachy and I hope it stays that way until at least like April or May!!

Wow..Disneyland definately looks way different than WDW.

Yeah it does look different, but it feels almost the same. A few times I had to remind myself that I was in California! But, I definitely like WDW better!

Th Mansion in DL is only like that from October to January for both Halloween and christmas, otherwise it is mostly like WDWs.

Ohh okay, good to know. I hope to go back sometime soon and spend a good amount of time on both sides.

How fun!!!!! I thought the same thing when I saw the castle. You 2 were almost as tall as it!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope you are feeling better :) I'm finally feeling better aside from when I wake up and need to take my allergy medicine but other than that things are peachy and I hope it stays that way until at least like April or May!!

Hahahah! I am feeling a little better, thanks! I still have no voice and have more presentations next week:eek: I'm glad to hear you are better, though!!

Finally catching up! Thanks for posting pictures of Disneyland. We've never been and for some reason I don't seem to have any interest in going. :confused3 What the heck is wrong with me? I'm so glad you posted pictures though because now I am intrigued.

I can't believe your trip is almost here. :thumbsup2

I'll never forget when we were in DL I heard one guy say "Wow, the castle in Disney World owns this castle!" haha!

The Indiana Jones ride is a lot of fun. It's not as "scary" as Dinosaur is, atleast in my opinion. And the HM Holiday is pretty sweet too. Both times we were there was after Christmas so it was done up like that. I'm curious to see the regular version and how it compares to WDW. :confused3

Finally catching up! Thanks for posting pictures of Disneyland. We've never been and for some reason I don't seem to have any interest in going. :confused3 What the heck is wrong with me? I'm so glad you posted pictures though because now I am intrigued.

I can't believe your trip is almost here. :thumbsup2

Yeah I don't blame you for not wanting to go...WDW is better! I think someday you should go out there just to see it though. Thanks for reading!

I'll never forget when we were in DL I heard one guy say "Wow, the castle in Disney World owns this castle!" haha!

The Indiana Jones ride is a lot of fun. It's not as "scary" as Dinosaur is, atleast in my opinion. And the HM Holiday is pretty sweet too. Both times we were there was after Christmas so it was done up like that. I'm curious to see the regular version and how it compares to WDW. :confused3

Oh my gosh:laughing: that is too funny! Yeah I would love to see the regular set up, too!

I'll now share with you guys the last and final installment of this mini-TR. Hopefully this kept you a little entertained since not much else has been going on with my trip planning lately!

So on Halloween we went on a tour of Dodger Stadium. I am a HUGE baseball fan and it is my goal to eventually see a game in every major league stadium. So far I've been to....13. I didn't actually get to see a game at Dodger Stadium but I did have an awesome time on the tour! Here are some pictures:

4069242862_3c555942b5_b.jpg

Me in the dugout!

4068489131_4a5b0fbac0_b.jpg

The seats are supposed to represent the sun, sand, ocean, and sky. How cool is that?

4068488929_bc285f00a1_b.jpg

On the last day we drove around and did some touristy stuff. We passed this:

4069237248_87289bf8b4_b.jpg

And then as we drove to the beach we could see the ocean in the distance:

4069243504_853d8354a0_b.jpg

And finally, your classic picture of the Hollywood sign:

4068489415_e1193514cc_b.jpg

Thanks for reading and stay tuned for a real update :)

That would be so cool to see a game in every park! So far I've only been to two. :rolleyes: I guess I could say three since I've been to the Metrodome but that was for a football game so maybe that doesn't really count. :laughing: But it was really fun going to the Phillies stadium when we were in Philadelphia.

Funny about the seats representing different things!

Love the DL update and the final one too!!! I so want to get there someday!!! DH says he won't go with me bacause he knows that I will be a celeb stalker the whole time!!! Also, hope this is not at all offensive (everyone has different tastes)...you remind me an awful lot of Lauren Conrad. Have you gotten that before??

That would be so cool to see a game in every park! So far I've only been to two. :rolleyes: I guess I could say three since I've been to the Metrodome but that was for a football game so maybe that doesn't really count. :laughing: But it was really fun going to the Phillies stadium when we were in Philadelphia.

Funny about the seats representing different things!

Haha if my tour counts, then your football game at the Metrodome counts! Miller Park is actually one of the better ones I've visited! I'm so jealous that you went to the Phillies ballpark!!

Love the DL update and the final one too!!! I so want to get there someday!!! DH says he won't go with me bacause he knows that I will be a celeb stalker the whole time!!! Also, hope this is not at all offensive (everyone has different tastes)...you remind me an awful lot of Lauren Conrad. Have you gotten that before??

Hahaha then let's plan a trip together and you can just leave DH at home! That way we can stalk celebrities the whole time! Sounds like fun to me! :cool1:

One of my friends actually texted me and said he saw a picture of Lauren Conrad and her teeth looked like mine?! But that's it, LOL! I think she is cute (even though she is kind of annoying) so I will take it as a compliment! Thanks!

I'm naturally brunette :rolleyes1:scared1: But ever since I went blonde I usually get Lindsay Lohan, Hayden Panettiere, and Carrie Underwood. All of those people look totally different from each other, so who knows! :confused:

I didn't know that fact about Dodger stadium!

Haha, the Hollywood sign reminds me of Miley Cyrus's song "Party in the USA".

So did you guys notice anything familiar about Dodger Stadium?! Does it remind you of anywhere you've been before? Like....Tomorrowland? Well maybe not anymore, but when Dodger Stadium was built in the 60's they hired the architects who had just built Disneyland because they wanted the stadium to look/feel like Tomorrowland! How cool is that?

Alright - so originally I was going to do EPCOT on 12/11 because of the EMH that night. So I booked the CP dining package for Tutto Italia since my mom wanted to eat Italian food on the trip. Well, I really have been wanting to see Vanessa Williams do the CP, so I did it...

I canceled my Tutto reservation, booked Tony's for lunch on our last day instead (yeah, I know it won't be as good as Tutto!), and booked Tokyo Dining as part of the CP package. Nothing else was available but I've seen some good reviews on this place so I'm excited!

So now the schedule will be like this:

12/10- Arrival day + MNSSHP @ MK
12/11 - AK/DHS
12/12 - Epcot
12/13- MK + depart

I'm getting so excited!

Wow, that's crazy they originally built the stadium like Tomorrowland! Very interesting.

Oh, and I'm glad you liked Miller Park. :thumbsup2 The first game we ever went to there ended up being postponed. You'd think with the new roof we'd never have to worry about that. Well, it was a night game and the power ended up going out! :rolleyes::headache: LOL!

Just one month to go, I'm so jealous!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter