A College Graduation Celebration w/my Mom! (Update! I leave tomorrow! Pg. 14 #208)

Although it's a tough job market right now, companies typically don't like to hire around the holidays. Look for things to get a tad better post New Years.:thumbsup2

Congrats on being done with college. :thumbsup2

If you ever want to talk Disney, I'm just down the street. :flower3:

Thank you! I am about to send you a PM...

Haha, please have a Lapu Lapu for me! :)

In January, I'll be starting my Master's Degree. :upsidedow I figure I might as well do it now because I know it would be so hard for me to get back into the swing of things if I did it later. So, I'm going to be doing the Counselor Education Program. I basically want to be an Academic Advisor at a college. You know..the people who help you figure out what classes to take and what major to be.

I hope you have some luck with interviews. :hug: Too bad you have to leave our awesome state of IL and go to Ohio!

That's AWESOME that you are starting your Master's!! That would be a fun job to have, too. I'm actually thinking about law school. Hopefully it's just one of those ideas that you think about later and go "OMG WHY DID THAT THOUGHT EVEN ENTER MY BRAIN!?" But, we'll see! PS I miss IL...Ohio is boring!!

Although it's a tough job market right now, companies typically don't like to hire around the holidays. Look for things to get a tad better post New Years.:thumbsup2

Thanks for the tip!!

Hi there! :wave:

I have been severely neglecting the DIS and have not been on in weeks! Just wanted to pop in and wish you a great trip! We leave on Saturday and are at the BWV. And it looks like we'll be at MVMCP the same night as you (the 10th); AK (the 11th); and Epcot (the 12th) - so please, since we'll be easy to spot, if you see us rolling by, stop and say hello!

I hope you and your mom have a great time!

Once again, I do not think it is fair that you get to go to Vegas, come home and pack for WDW!!! lol.

You'll have to post an updated schedule since mine changes as well:
12/11-BC/YC pool, MK, check into WL, DHS dinner/lights, Epcot fworks/EMH
12/12-Epcot all day/night

Have a safe fun trip!!

Hey guys! Sorry I have been MIA. I went to Vegas for a mini reunion with some of the people I did a internship with last fall. It was SO much fun but I am exhausted. I am headed to my little brother's basketball game here in a little bit but plan to catch up on everyone's reports later tonight!! Thanks for reading!

No problem!!!!

Have a GREAT time at WDW.

Thanks so much! I can't believe how fast time flies.

Hi there! :wave:

I have been severely neglecting the DIS and have not been on in weeks! Just wanted to pop in and wish you a great trip! We leave on Saturday and are at the BWV. And it looks like we'll be at MVMCP the same night as you (the 10th); AK (the 11th); and Epcot (the 12th) - so please, since we'll be easy to spot, if you see us rolling by, stop and say hello!

I hope you and your mom have a great time!

I hope you are having SO much fun down there right now! Hopefully I will see you this weekend!

AHHHHHH!! Your trip is so close! :yay:

I cannot believe it...this is crazy!

Once again, I do not think it is fair that you get to go to Vegas, come home and pack for WDW!!! lol.

You'll have to post an updated schedule since mine changes as well:
12/11-BC/YC pool, MK, check into WL, DHS dinner/lights, Epcot fworks/EMH
12/12-Epcot all day/night

Have a safe fun trip!!

Haha Vegas was amazing...I'm not in the mood to unpack ad re-pack though. I'll probably be doing everything last minute which I HATE! Thanks and you have a safe trip too, hopefully we can meet up at some point!

So I know I have been a bad DISer lately since I've been traveling a lot, but I wanted to pop over one last time before I leave tomorrow!

Our flight leaves at about 9am and we get into MCO at 11:15am. We got to upgrade to first class for only $99! :cool1:

Once we get there, we'll check in and head over to the Grand Floridian for tea. After that we can explore the GF since I grew up staying there with my parents. Then well head to MK for the MVMCP!

Friday we'll spend the morning at DAK, followed by lunch at Sanna over at Kidani. Then we will hop on a bus and go to DHS for the rest of the night. After the park closes, we have a dinner reservation at Flying Fish. Afterwards I am planning on Jellyrolls!

Saturday we have an ADR for breakfast at Kouzzina. Then we will go explore Epcot until our lunch reservation at Tokyo Dining. This is part of the CP dining package so we will stick around under the performance at 5:00pm. At night we then have a dinner reservation at Ohana - my favorite!

Sunday is our last day and we will go over to MK and have a cinnamon roll for breakfast. Our last lunch will be at Tony's before we head back to the airport :( I'm excited about Tony's b/c I've never been there AND it is the movie that made me want to get a Cocker Spaniel as my first dog when I was little.

I hope I run into some of my fellow DISer's that will be there this weekend and I am praying that the weather holds up.

Also, my mom and sister were making fun of me earlier tonight about choosing Disney World as the place I wanted to go as a graduation present. They kept telling me that Disney is a fantasy and I only like it because I'm not satisfied with my real life. But isn't that why everyone goes to Disney? To escape reality?! What is so bad about that?!

I heard my mom complaining to my sister about not being able to sleep in, having to go to the Christmas party, going to tea, etc. and it really hurt my feelings.

I am SO glad I have all of you DISer's that understand the magic :hug:

I was SO excited and now I am just in this weird mood where I'm not even wanting to go anymore. Wish me luck. xoxo

Have an awesome time girl! There is NOTHING wrong with choosing Disney World as your graduation gift (my sister's doing that too!). Ahhh so jealous! Please send some warm weather back up north...it is going to barely reach the teens today. :cold:

Have a good time girl! There's nothing wrong with choosing WDW for your present! You know I'm going there in March as mine! I'm sorry about your Mom..Hopefully she'll change her mood once she gets into that Disney magic! :wizard:

Have a great time!

Thanks! It went by soooooo fast :(

Have a great time, i'll see you there!!!!!!!!

I hope you're still having fun! Sad we did not end up meeting!

Have an awesome time girl! There is NOTHING wrong with choosing Disney World as your graduation gift (my sister's doing that too!). Ahhh so jealous! Please send some warm weather back up north...it is going to barely reach the teens today. :cold:

Ahh thanks. Don't be jealous...you were just there and will be again SO soon! It was sooooo cold when I got off the plane.

Have a good time girl! There's nothing wrong with choosing WDW for your present! You know I'm going there in March as mine! I'm sorry about your Mom..Hopefully she'll change her mood once she gets into that Disney magic! :wizard:

I knowwww! I just wanted to be like well TINKGURL IS GOING FOR HERRRRR GRADUATION! But then I realized that A) That would make me sound like a whiny 10 year old and B) my family does not know who "tinkgurl" is lol.

Hey guys! I am back. It is freezing here and I wish I was back in Disney!! I got a bunch of cool stuff and had a great time. My mom was a good sport and I give her an A- for her Disney travel companion grade! :lmao:

I'll be uploading pictures tomorrow and hopefully can start my TR soon. I'll also need to catch up with everyone's reports ASAP. Thanks for reading along!

I knowwww! I just wanted to be like well TINKGURL IS GOING FOR HERRRRR GRADUATION! But then I realized that A) That would make me sound like a whiny 10 year old and B) my family does not know who "tinkgurl" is lol.

LOL..yeah they probably would be like 'Who the heck is tinkgurl?!'

Hey guys! I am back. It is freezing here and I wish I was back in Disney!! I got a bunch of cool stuff and had a great time. My mom was a good sport and I give her an A- for her Disney travel companion grade! :lmao:

I'll be uploading pictures tomorrow and hopefully can start my TR soon. I'll also need to catch up with everyone's reports ASAP. Thanks for reading along!

Can't wait to hear all about it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter