• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

A College Graduation Celebration w/my Mom! (Update! I leave tomorrow! Pg. 14 #208)

I totally agree, my last semester of actual classes (before student teaching) was the worst! I had a reading practicum where we tutored kids and I literally had to write 10-page lesson plans every week and then of course I had to prepare all the materials. I could not stand that because in reality what teacher writes plans like that?! :confused3:mad:

Sounds like a fun shopping trip! I miss the Disney Store around here--it was always nice going in there when I needed a quick Disney fix.

how nice you are!!!!!!

my last semester of college was pretty rough too. The one before I graduated was filled with student teaching and the one after I graduated was my student teaching so it was pretty rough as well!!

What a great aunt!!!! My BIL and SIL are anti-Disney...even though they have never been. They just say that they don't think it would be something they would have any interest in or enjoy. (My poor little nephew!) So, I told them that if they don't book a trip there by the time he is 5 (he will turn 1 while we are there in December), I am going to take him! No kid should have to go through life without a trip to Disney! Anyway, I plan to get him several gifts while we are there this December! For sure, I am getting him his first set of ears with his name!!!!

I totally agree, my last semester of actual classes (before student teaching) was the worst! I had a reading practicum where we tutored kids and I literally had to write 10-page lesson plans every week and then of course I had to prepare all the materials. I could not stand that because in reality what teacher writes plans like that?! :confused3:mad:

Sounds like a fun shopping trip! I miss the Disney Store around here--it was always nice going in there when I needed a quick Disney fix.

Oh my goodness! That's crazy. I just got a paper back and got a 50% on it. Ummmm...I've NEVER done that poorly on ANY assignment EVER! (Well, OK, maybe in high school algebra). Sometimes I think I should become a teacher so I can torture children with bad grades. What's it like?! :lmao:

how nice you are!!!!!!

my last semester of college was pretty rough too. The one before I graduated was filled with student teaching and the one after I graduated was my student teaching so it was pretty rough as well!!

So many teachers on here! And am I nice? Or just trying to brainwash my niece and nephew into loving Disney as much as I do so I have an excuse to go on trips and someone to come with me when no one else will!? :rotfl:

What a great aunt!!!! My BIL and SIL are anti-Disney...even though they have never been. They just say that they don't think it would be something they would have any interest in or enjoy. (My poor little nephew!) So, I told them that if they don't book a trip there by the time he is 5 (he will turn 1 while we are there in December), I am going to take him! No kid should have to go through life without a trip to Disney! Anyway, I plan to get him several gifts while we are there this December! For sure, I am getting him his first set of ears with his name!!!!

ANTI-DISNEY?! :scared1: I can't deal with those kind of people. My younger sister is totally anti-Disney and it's so sad. You definitely have to take your nephew when he is 5 if he hasn't gone already! And totally bring back some ears for him!!:earsboy:

aw that's so nice of you! What a cute dress..and yeah.. I totally agree about school sucking..it's annoying all around for me!!

Hey guys. Sorry it has been so long since a decent update. School is CRAZY! I am so stressed. And, instead of doing homework and studying I am writing up plans for my December vacations to Las Vegas and Disney.

I'm thinking about changing from BWI to GF or Poly...what do you think?!

Here is the first day's itinerary!

Itinerary for “Arrival Day”- Thursday, December 10

7:00 AM → Head to the airport to make our 9 AM flight. We live only about 15 minutes from CLE and there is usually only a small line for security, if any at all.

11:15 AM → Scheduled arrival time for MCO! Hopefully everything will go according to the schedule. This way we can head down to the DME counter and get to the BoardWalk Inn ASAP! My mom rolled her eyes when I told her we are taking the Magical Express. She thinks it is a corny name and since my dad has always rented a car, she has never been on it! Do you think she will like her first DME experience?

1:15 PM → Hopefully we’ll arrive at BWI no later than this. In my past experiences with DME, we usually get to our resort between 1 ½ to 2 hours after we land. Depending on how many resorts we have to stop at before ours, and how many people are getting on our bus, I think we should be at our resort by this time. If our room is ready, we can go up and check it out. Otherwise we will just check in and leave our bags with the bell desk. What do you think?

2:30 PM → ADR for Afternoon Tea at the Grand Floridian. We’ve never done this before but I am SO excited. I grew up staying at the Grand Floridian so when I think of Disney I think of the GF! This will be a great way to start off our vacation. Have any of you done this before? Do you think we will make it in time for our ADR?

4:00 PM → I read that if you have a ticket for Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party that you can enter the park starting at this time. If this is true, we will head into the park. Hopefully we can grab a CS dinner at Columbia Harbor House before it closes at 7:00 PM. If not, we will spend some time exploring the other Deluxe resorts and check out their Christmas decorations.

7:00 PM – 12:00 AM → Official time for MVMCP! My family did a Grand Gathering in 2004. I was a senior in high school and was in a tiny anti-Disney mood. I still liked it, but I wasn’t as obsessed as I was when I was younger and I didn’t love it as much as I do now! Anyways, it was my parents, younger siblings; my older sister, her husband and their son; my aunt and uncle and their two boys. I was the oldest “kid” on that trip.

Anyways, we did this party but I don’t really remember it because I was just focused on all the little kids. I got excited when my mom said she remembered it…until she said she remembered it being cheesy and crowded. Oh well! This time we are focused on having fun for ourselves, not any little kids or other family members! So I’m determined to have fun.

Based on the things I’ve read about last years party, I hope to do the following things while drinking hot cocoa and eating cookies:
• Mickey’s Once Upon a Christmastime Parade
• Holiday Wishes
• Celebrate the Season Show
• Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin
• Cinderella’s Golden Carousel
• The Haunted Mansion
• It’s a Small World
• Jungle Cruise
• The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
• Mickey’s Philharmagic
• Mickey’s Country House
• Minnie’s Country House
• Monster’s Inc. Laugh Floor
• Peter Pan’s Flight
• Pirates of the Caribbean
• Snow White’s Scary Adventures
• TTA

I know we might not be able to do all of those rides/attractions, but I want to try. What we don’t finish we will do when we go back to MK. You’ll notice no big rides are on that list…my mom is NOT a thrill ride person and I don’t really care for them either - I get really bad headaches after riding coasters. Have you guys done MVMCP before? What do you think?

12:00 AM → Take the bus back to BoardWalk Inn.

I know this is going to be a long day, but since we aren’t there for long I need to pack it all in!!

But if you switch from BWI to GF that means we won't get to "bump" into each other on the boardwalk. :guilty: ;)

Sorry I haven't posted in a while - life has been crazy for us too.

Oh gosh...well you know that I've stayed at both the Poly and the GF. They are both great places to stay. Since you are going in December, Poly may be more appropriate to give that "tropical" feel of going somewhere warm for the trip. :laughing:

I haven't done Magical Express or MVMCP so I can't help you there!

Regarding ME - I don't think it's ever taken me more than 1 hour to 1 1/2hrs. to get to my resort. I think you should most definitely be there by 1:15. As for your mom liking it - just keep your fingers crossed that, when you get to your busline, there is either a bus waiting or one soon on it's way. I LOVE ME; but the only thing that puts me in a very bad mood is if I have to wait a long time.

Regarding - MVMCP. You're not going on a DVC discount nite, are you? I find those nights are very crowded. I'm a DVC member and I just refuse to go on the discount nights because of that. I think you'll have no problem getting on those rides. One suggestion - my favorite show that plays during the party in Mickey's 'Twas The NIght Before Christmas. It plays about every hour over in the theater in Tomorrowland. It's an adorable show but it fills up VERY quickly. If you think you'd be interested, I would get there at least 20-30 minutes before showtime. It's a pain to have to stand around and wait, but the show is great and worth it, IMO. :santa:

But if you switch from BWI to GF that means we won't get to "bump" into each other on the boardwalk. :guilty: ;)

Sorry I haven't posted in a while - life has been crazy for us too.

Regarding ME - I don't think it's ever taken me more than 1 hour to 1 1/2hrs. to get to my resort. I think you should most definitely be there by 1:15. As for your mom liking it - just keep your fingers crossed that, when you get to your busline, there is either a bus waiting or one soon on it's way. I LOVE ME; but the only thing that puts me in a very bad mood is if I have to wait a long time.

Regarding - MVMCP. You're not going on a DVC discount nite, are you? I find those nights are very crowded. I'm a DVC member and I just refuse to go on the discount nights because of that. I think you'll have no problem getting on those rides. One suggestion - my favorite show that plays during the party in Mickey's 'Twas The NIght Before Christmas. It plays about every hour over in the theater in Tomorrowland. It's an adorable show but it fills up VERY quickly. If you think you'd be interested, I would get there at least 20-30 minutes before showtime. It's a pain to have to stand around and wait, but the show is great and worth it, IMO. :santa:

Thanks for the tip about the show. I've added it to my to-do list! I don't know if it is a DVC night or not. Which night are you doing the party? And if I do decide to switch resorts I still hope we will be able to run into each other at some point!

PS Aren't you going to a Jonas concert this weekend?!?!

Oh gosh...well you know that I've stayed at both the Poly and the GF. They are both great places to stay. Since you are going in December, Poly may be more appropriate to give that "tropical" feel of going somewhere warm for the trip. :laughing:

I haven't done Magical Express or MVMCP so I can't help you there!

Thanks girl! You make a good point about Poly. Plus MK is my favorite park so I feel like I should be closer to it! I don't know I still can't decide!

I am loving the new tickers in your signature!!

yay update!!! I also updated tonight, it must be in the air!!

Like I said before, my fam and I have no desire to stay at BWI but I'm always up for staying at new places so I mean if it was a good deal I might stay there just to say I've stayed there. The only ones I havent are BWI, GF, and CR so we'll see maybe one day!

You should have plenty of time to make your ADR at GF assuming you don't have major bus issues or monorail issues. If not I'm sure they will still take you, they are open into the evening and you will have a blast!!

MVMCP is fun :) I hope they have the mickey/minnie stage show again in Tmwland bc the stage they did it on last year has been torn down and replaced with the Stitch one in front of SM which does not have seats so I'll be curious to see what happens! The party will be more busy on a Friday because locals will tend to go on a Friday and not a Sunday bc of the work week but they limit tickets so you should be fine!

Sounds great so far! Keep us posted on the resort possible change!

I really want to stay at the Poly. Have you decided if you're changing your resort yet?

Can't wait to see pictures of MVMCP either. We were there only once during the holiday season and ended up coming home early. :sad2:

OK, going to answer what I can!

I'm thinking about changing from BWI to GF or Poly...what do you think?!
This is such a tought one...you know I love the Polynesian and would stay there again in a heartbeat. But I also like staying at different resorts to try something new. We have never stayed at the Boardwalk (yet, that is!) but it's really a neat area. I might just stick with the Boardwalk.

Do you think she will like her first DME experience?
YES! The Magical Express is a lot of fun, especially if you have a good driver. It kind of starts the whole Disney experience.

Hopefully we’ll arrive at BWI no later than this. In my past experiences with DME, we usually get to our resort between 1 ½ to 2 hours after we land. Depending on how many resorts we have to stop at before ours, and how many people are getting on our bus, I think we should be at our resort by this time. If our room is ready, we can go up and check it out. Otherwise we will just check in and leave our bags with the bell desk. What do you think?

That sounds about right...we always seem to get there about 2 hours after we land too.

Have you guys done MVMCP before? What do you think?
We did it last December and had a blast! With being able to get into the park early, you'd be surprised how much you can get done. At all 3 of the parties we've gone to that's when we tend to do a bunch of attractions so later in the evening we can enjoy the party events like the fireworks, shows, and parade.

Hope I helped a little!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter