I think that's a good idea. In the end, you may come to the same conclusion, which is absolutely fine because it's your decision to make. But it will be a more informed decision, which is what we're trying to help people do here by offering our opinions in the first place. One option would be to rent out your SSR points and use that money to rent BCV points from a broker or owner here on the DIS to make that reservation for you. It might cost a little more ($1-2 per point), but it would be able to guarantee the reservation you wanted. That being said, this is an end around fix, and if you truly want to be able to guarantee a BCV stay, you will need to own there and book at the 11 month window. It sounds to me that your heart wants you to buy at BCV but your wallet is trying to convince you that SSR will work just as well. I think you need to be honest with yourself about what your priorities are. If it's money over satisfaction, then you'll probably end up at SSR. If it's the other way around, you'll probably end up buying BCV. The more you talk about it though, the more it sounds like you really need to stay at SSR once before you can make this decision. You are going to be spending hundreds of thousand of dollars on Disney vacations over the course of your ownership. It doesn't make sense to not get full enjoyment out of it because you wanted to save a few thousand dollars on the initial purchase price. Good luck with your decision, it seems like you still have a lot to think about.