A Bird's Eye View of London and Paris March 2012 TR NEW! The END 1/12 p35

Thanks!
I hope you get to ride them - they are just so cute and the detail on the displays is pretty incredible!! I think you have to ride them a few times to catch all of it!

Yeah I was looking at videos of it so if it's open when I'm there I'll go a few times. It looks cool.

What a treat to see so many pictures in one sitting! I think if I turn the air conditioner to 'way cold', put on a coat, and come back and scroll through them again, I can feel like I am right there! :cool1: That's the closest I'll get to Disney Paris, I am sure.

All the storybook scenes are cute. The train is cute, too.

I hope our (WDW belongs to us, of course ;)) Little Mermaid ride is good. I'm thinking the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train is going to be super cool!

What a beautiful day in such a wonderful place. :thumbsup2 You are an awesome picture taker Sheree!
Thanks Kelli! I don't know a lot of tricks - just point and shoot away!!

Yeah I was looking at videos of it so if it's open when I'm there I'll go a few times. It looks cool.
It was one of our favorites!

What a treat to see so many pictures in one sitting! I think if I turn the air conditioner to 'way cold', put on a coat, and come back and scroll through them again, I can feel like I am right there! :cool1: That's the closest I'll get to Disney Paris, I am sure.

All the storybook scenes are cute. The train is cute, too.

I hope our (WDW belongs to us, of course ;)) Little Mermaid ride is good. I'm thinking the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train is going to be super cool!
Thanks! - It was definitely chilly!!
I'm excited for the new Fantasyland stuff too - although after our October trip it will be a while before we go back to WDW! :( I guess then it will be all new to us!

ONE MONTH FROM TODAY WE WILL BE ARRIVING AT WDW!!! :YAY:

I'm going to try to do this without my journal so it could be a bit messed up in order. But I have a little time and want to get another update in before I disappear for the weekend. I'm going scrapbooking so I want to get this up before I leave - and hopefully I won't forget where we're going here!

Continuing on with our day...
We went to get our FPs for BTMRR
See how POTC is all closed up? - lots of scaffolding. So glad we got on it our first day!!
DSCN5477.jpg

This is the pirate ship out in front of the ride entrance.
DSCN5478.jpg

DSCN5481.jpg

we were still able to wander the caves/tunnels in Skull Rock!
DSCN5484.jpg

DSCN5483.jpg

DSCN5485.jpg

DSCN5487.jpg

DSCN5489.jpg

Waiting for our FP time ??

So I'm not sure what happened next - I have some pictures from lunch - I think it was Buzz first, but who knows, and does it really matter?
DSCN5493.jpg

Not sure where any other Buzz pictures might have gone!
Oh well - so we went through Frontierland and DH wanted to go get BBQ at the Last Chance. They were CLOSED! So I guess the night before was his "last chance!"
DSCN5508.jpg

We ended up at Hakuna Matata! (I feel like I've written this before... maybe in Word at home?)
DSCN5492.jpg

DSCN5490.jpg

DSCN5491.jpg

DSCN5513.jpg

DSCN5515.jpg

DSCN5514.jpg

DSCN5516.jpg

They had these drummers in there - they were good, but a little loud at times.
Dang, here's where I wish I had my laptop with the notes I'd already written for this update. Oh well. We shall wing it.
The food at Hakuna Matata was pretty good - we shared a couple meals, one chicken nugget/strip thing and one that was a "kebab" sandwich, that was a lot like a gyro. I was happy to have something different - no hot dog or burger!!
DSCN5518.jpg

Here's some more shots of Frontierland
DSCN5507.jpg

DSCN5509.jpg

DSCN5511.jpg

DSCN5510.jpg

DSCN5512.jpg

The next batch of pictures I see show some Fantasyland shops and shopping in the castle! - so I'm guessing we went there next, but I am not sure. I think we shopped and saw some characters around the hub while we waited for our FPs on BTMRR. I know I have a redneck ride photo from BTMRR. I'll have to go look for that.

Next up - shopping in the castle, character "parade"? and BTMRR!

We saw some characters visiting the hub - they would arrive on this bus, or a trolley or whatever, hop off, wave at people and then spread out to the sidewalk corners and have meet and greets there. There were no real "lines", the CMs just kind of stood there and people gathered around to get pictures or autographs. We opted out. I just tried to get some shots of characters we don't usually see.
DSCN5537.jpg

DSCN5539.jpg

DSCN5543.jpg

DSCN5546.jpg

DSCN5548.jpg

DSCN5549.jpg

DSCN5551.jpg

DSCN5555.jpg

DSCN5556.jpg

Okay - looks like we went shopping next:
Inside the castle I think
DSCN5526.jpg

DSCN5528.jpg

DSCN5529.jpg

DSCN5531.jpg

DSCN5532.jpg

DSCN5530.jpg

DSCN5534.jpg

DSCN5533.jpg

Now it's time for BTMRR!!!
DSCN5558.jpg

DSCN5559.jpg

DSCN5560.jpg

Yup, we had a good time!!
Heading out Main Street, we saw a group of what appeared to be Very Important People! They were all dressed more business-like and being led around.
DSCN5561.jpg

DSCN5562.jpg

Not sure what they were doing, but we had more important things to worry about!
Like what kind of candy to buy!!
DSCN5563.jpg

DSCN5565.jpg

DSCN5564.jpg

I don't have pictures of it, but I know we bought fudge (we always do!) and some gummy treats. Paige and I filled a bag!
Finally we were heading out of the park!
cont. in next post...

Saw this sign along Main Street and thought it was kind of funny.
DSCN5566.jpg

Must have traditional balloon shot
DSCN5568.jpg

DSCN5569.jpg

Later, Sorcerer Mickey!
DSCN5570.jpg

DSCN5572.jpg

Is he coming or going, I wonder?
Train station
DSCN5574.jpg

See, we really are making our way out of the park!
Back out to the entry way...
DSCN5575.jpg

What are we going to do now? Well, we still had LOTS of time before our evening tour of Paris. So, one more visit to Hollywood!!

That will have to be the next update - it's time for lunch!

I see more stuff i want to buy in your pics lol... I think the character lines in Paris are starting to scare me there doesn't seem to be a ny con trol at them from what i'm reading. Maybe i should invest in a taser just in case :rotfl2:

now I want to know the who/what about that group of people!!! And I love all the pics of the shop inside the castle!!!

Ugh I was behind again!! :faint:

Well I'm glad to see you finally got some sunshine on this trip!! :goodvibes Everything looks so much brighter and happier! Love all the pics. I just love the castle there, it's so neat! And the storybook boat ride looks so cool. The girls sure look like they are enjoying that train too! :)

Love all the shopping pics! And it looks like you guys had a good ride on BTMRR!! :cool1:

Loving all the pics! :thumbsup2

Have fun scrapbooking this weekend!!!

Love all the different restaurants at Disneyland Paris! I would have swooned with delight over Hakuna Matata just for the name and theming alone. LOL!

I love all the castle shots. I think if it's a castle...you need to take a lot of pictures....right?

You seemed to have gotten a lot done on this day too. I really am enjoying seeing all the pictures and how similar some areas are to WDW.

Jill used to scrapbook before she had Bella. She did some nice trip books, but I have a feeling it will be a long, long while before she does another one. A full-time job and three little girls is not the perfect combination for having extra time to scrapbook. I hope she can get back to it when they are older.

Hakuna Matata is cool for a restaurant. Barbecue always calls my name, too, so I am sorry you guys didn't get there in time to have your chance at it. What would your girls say were their favorite counter services and foods in the park?

Wow what an awesome review! I was so excited to see it as we just started planning our honeymoon and we'll be doing 4/5 days in London, eurostar-ing it over to Paris for 5 days, then 2 or 3 nights in DLP before coming home!

I flew through the pics of Disney just so I don't ruin the surprise when we get there, but do you think staying in the Parks is worth it like it is when you go to Florida? I'm just curious because it appears when I'm trying to book a room, they are giving me tickets for EACH day, well we won't be going the first day, by the time we get there I'm thinking we'll just wander around the 'downtown' area. We will do one park each day, then the 4th day head to the airport.
Do you think two adults could do one park each day and see most things? We are fit and don't mind going from morning til night...also, are there fireworks??

Anything in London/Paris you suggest we definitely NOT miss?? I know it's a broad question, but at the moment, I have a list of roughly 30 things in each location, and clearly not enough time. I am not a museum person, so other than the Louvre, and maybe one or two other important ones, we can steer clear from the museum stuff.

Thanks so much!!!

I see more stuff i want to buy in your pics lol... I think the character lines in Paris are starting to scare me there doesn't seem to be a ny con trol at them from what i'm reading. Maybe i should invest in a taser just in case :rotfl2:
Yeah, it's a little bit disorganized (she says sarcastically). I think it would be chaotic during busier times for sure! A taser - not a bad option! HA!
now I want to know the who/what about that group of people!!! And I love all the pics of the shop inside the castle!!!
Sorry, I have no answer either!! I wanted to go ask - "who are you very important people?" The castle shop was very pretty - The whole castle was pretty!

Ugh I was behind again!! :faint:

Well I'm glad to see you finally got some sunshine on this trip!! :goodvibes Everything looks so much brighter and happier! Love all the pics. I just love the castle there, it's so neat! And the storybook boat ride looks so cool. The girls sure look like they are enjoying that train too! :)

Love all the shopping pics! And it looks like you guys had a good ride on BTMRR!! :cool1:

Loving all the pics! :thumbsup2
No worries about being behind - I only update every week or two, so it's easy to catch up! The sunshine did make a big difference! I took all the same pictures in the sun and I like them so much better!! That casey Jr. train ride was one of their favorites -they are bummed it's not at WDW.
I'm glad you like the pictures - I sure have enough of them!

Love all the different restaurants at Disneyland Paris! I would have swooned with delight over Hakuna Matata just for the name and theming alone. LOL!
I had a great weekend thanks!
That Hakuna Matata was cool - I liked the different options and the decor!

I love all the castle shots. I think if it's a castle...you need to take a lot of pictures....right?

You seemed to have gotten a lot done on this day too. I really am enjoying seeing all the pictures and how similar some areas are to WDW.
Yes - pretty castle = lots of pictures!
I think the park is pretty easy to navigate and it's sort of small (compared to MK at WDW) so it's easier to get to more stuff quickly. I wonder what the actual acreage is in comparison...

Jill used to scrapbook before she had Bella. She did some nice trip books, but I have a feeling it will be a long, long while before she does another one. A full-time job and three little girls is not the perfect combination for having extra time to scrapbook. I hope she can get back to it when they are older.

Hakuna Matata is cool for a restaurant. Barbecue always calls my name, too, so I am sorry you guys didn't get there in time to have your chance at it. What would your girls say were their favorite counter services and foods in the park?
Yeah - the kids and job do get in the way of scrapbooking! I do a series of books for each girl, and vacation books. I'm up to 2010 in the girls' books and have about 4 or 5 trips to do yet. I hope I can remember which is which!! Good thing I journal!

Well - Sarah will generally only eat chicken strips/nuggets/fingers and a hot dog (sometimes), so she can eat practically anywhere. (She might be able to tell yo which ones were bette!) Paige likes more variety and tries new foods more often. She and I liked Hakuna Matata and the deli where we got the croque monsieur a lot! I thought the hot dog at Pinocchio's place was more like a bratwurst than an American hot dog, but the pretzel bun was great.

I'm gong to have Sarah write an update one of these days with her impressions and favorites from our trip. Stay tuned for the 11 year old perspective. :)

Wow what an awesome review! I was so excited to see it as we just started planning our honeymoon and we'll be doing 4/5 days in London, eurostar-ing it over to Paris for 5 days, then 2 or 3 nights in DLP before coming home!

I flew through the pics of Disney just so I don't ruin the surprise when we get there, but do you think staying in the Parks is worth it like it is when you go to Florida? I'm just curious because it appears when I'm trying to book a room, they are giving me tickets for EACH day, well we won't be going the first day, by the time we get there I'm thinking we'll just wander around the 'downtown' area. We will do one park each day, then the 4th day head to the airport.
Do you think two adults could do one park each day and see most things? We are fit and don't mind going from morning til night...also, are there fireworks??

Anything in London/Paris you suggest we definitely NOT miss?? I know it's a broad question, but at the moment, I have a list of roughly 30 things in each location, and clearly not enough time. I am not a museum person, so other than the Louvre, and maybe one or two other important ones, we can steer clear from the museum stuff.

Thanks so much!!!

Thank you and :welcome:
Congratulations on getting married and planning such a great honeymoon!!

When are you going? Be sure to pack comfy shoes!!!

I do think staying on property is worth it. You can stay relatively inexpensively (compared to WDW) and walk or shuttle to the parks very quickly. We had a package that included tickets for every day, even though originally we didn't need that many days. It was still less expensive than I thought it would be. Here's a tip - look at the DLP sites for UK or Europe guests. We booked through the UK site and it was significantly cheaper. They don't seem to care if you actually live there. :confused3
I do think you could do a park per day and see most of it. Of course, it will depend on crowds. I was told that summer is very crowded so wait times will be higher. There are no fireworks (apparently that was a concession when they built it so as not to annoy the neighbors). I think we covered most everything in the parks that we wanted to in about 2.5 days. And if they throw in the tickets, you could just go for a couple hours to do a few things if you wanted. The downtown area isn't really all that much - unless you are eating at one of the restaurants, or like to shop, you won't spend too much time there.

London - don't miss things? Stay tuned - I'll have lots on London coming up. But here are some favorites that I would suggest to anyone:
Tower of London/Tower Bridge - and do a tour with a beefeater guide - they're great!

London Eye - giant ferris wheel - great views of the city
St. Paul's Cathedral - so beautiful!!! Just don't wait until 3 p.m. You'll run out of time. Trust me.
Big Ben - just go over and take pictures (it's not something you go in)
Westminster Abbey - another beautiful church
We also really enjoyed the Churchill War rooms/museum. If you are at all interested in WWII history, this is really quite fascinating. I wish we'd have not been rushed to get to a show that day. We could have spent another hour for sure.
I think Buckingham Palace is worth at least a look. I might not stand around for the changing of the guard again, and we did not take a tour of it.

We really liked going to Windsor, Stonehenge and Salisbury, and those are outside the city, so you'd need to find transportation to see those places.

Paris - #1 is going to the top of the Eiffel Tower. There's no sense in going to Paris if you don't do this in my opinion!
The river Seine cruise was great - I'd recommend that too.
Notre Dame
Louvre - try to research and pick a few things to see or you'll be in there all dang day. You might be in there a while just trying to find your way out (like us!)!!
We didn't do much more, but I think it would be worth some time to shop, walk around the Champs Elyssee, maybe explore a garden (I think one of the good ones was Luxembourg Gardens) and experience the culture - the cafes, bakeries, shops.
Arc de Triomphe - this was something I didn't get to fully experience - we just saw it from a bus, but apparently there's more to it inside.
If you have time and are interested in palaces - go to Versailles. We did not, but if we go back, I'll see it.
I've heard that the Musee D'Orsay has a lot of great impressionist art and if we did not have our kids, I would have chosen to go there too.
The thing is, I really underestimated the amount of time it would take to see it all and get to various places. So be sure not to over schedule/plan too much in one day!

I hope this helps - keep reading and I'll go into more detail on the places we saw in London too.

awesome, thanks! about the timing, my fiance is already saying "this isn't going to be another one of those rush out the door-race through the day-fall into bed at night trips is it?"...I would rather enjoy our honeymoon but I also feel when will be back ?!?! so I told him we will each pick 4 things that are must-do and if we see others, great, if not..next time...I'm waiting to hear about London!!....and did you do the Warner Bros. studios tour Harry potter thing? That's part of my must do

Great update and pics.

We need to do more time next time we go being we only a day and only saw the MK Part. It seems like I missed a lot and also a lot was closed.

Well - Sarah will generally only eat chicken strips/nuggets/fingers and a hot dog (sometimes), so she can eat practically anywhere. (She might be able to tell yo which ones were bette!) Paige likes more variety and tries new foods more often. She and I liked Hakuna Matata and the deli where we got the croque monsieur a lot! I thought the hot dog at Pinocchio's place was more like a bratwurst than an American hot dog, but the pretzel bun was great.

I'm gong to have Sarah write an update one of these days with her impressions and favorites from our trip. Stay tuned for the 11 year old perspective. :)

I would love the pretzel bun.

I look forward to the young author's thoughts. :goodvibes

awesome, thanks! about the timing, my fiance is already saying "this isn't going to be another one of those rush out the door-race through the day-fall into bed at night trips is it?"...I would rather enjoy our honeymoon but I also feel when will be back ?!?! so I told him we will each pick 4 things that are must-do and if we see others, great, if not..next time...I'm waiting to hear about London!!....and did you do the Warner Bros. studios tour Harry potter thing? That's part of my must do
Yeah, I guess you'll have to really pick the things you want to do most so you don't feel rushed and exhausted! We did not do the Harry Potter thing. My kids have read the first 4 or 5 books and seen those movies, but they didn't really care to see where they filmed it. I had planned to go for the photo op at platform 9 3/4 but it just didn't happen. So make sure you do that!!

Great update and pics.

We need to do more time next time we go being we only a day and only saw the MK Part. It seems like I missed a lot and also a lot was closed.
Why thank you!
Yes, you need more time!! :) I found out there was plenty we missed and we had a lot of time! Mostly they were things that were closed or we just didn't know about, so it's okay.

I would love the pretzel bun.

I look forward to the young author's thoughts. :goodvibes

Yeah, I'm all about yummy bread!
Sarah said she'd maybe write tonight, so we'll see!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter