A Big Thank You for all my friends on the DCL DISboards!!

Andrea - I wish you all the best in life's new adventure! You truly are a very caring individual and that will take you far! I'm very sorry about your grandfather and we will keep you and your family in our prayers. Take care! Enjoy! Here's to fair seas and fun times!

Warmest Wishes,
Karen

Congratulations Andrea! Best of luck to you in your new endeavors! I'm envious--you're going to have a lot more fun working than I am!!!!!:wave:

CM mom, I wish I would have known that on our trip, I would have said something to her! We kind of bonded whenever I checked DS in because we have the same name.
I know she sees hundreds of kids, but if you talk to her ask her if she remembers Ryan on the July 3 western--he wears glasses and lost his clip ons at Scuttles Cove! He also loved to play pirates nonstop! That ship in the club is awesome!
Robin m.

Andrea,
You'll be getting a lot of visitors it sounds like - and I'll be one of them next January. Best wishes to you. God bless you.

Well lets see it has been an eventful 3 weeks!!!
Here all my firsts!!
1st Time in Florida!
1st times at All Star Sports!
1st time at Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom, and Epcot Mission Space was AWSOME! ( didn't make it to MGM because of our friend CHARLEY!!! :rolleyes: )
1st Hurricaine!! (Again our friend Charley!)
1st time getting a personal character sesssion with my fellow trainees ( thank you really this time! charley and the people all All Star Sports who felt sorry for us waiting out side for a very late bus!!
1st time seeing the Magic in person
1st time sitting on a bus that was not moving for 2 hours... waiting for the Magic to arrive!! (Once again THANKS CHARLEY!)
1st time in Cozumel, Nassau, and On a cruise ship !
1st time at Castaway Cay!! Even more amazing then the pictures!
1st time in the Oceaneer Club and Oceaneer Lab!! ( I am working with the 5-7s)

OKay enough of that I am sure there are tons more but you get the idea! Oh yeah first time calling home and writing email from the middle of the ocean!

I love my job, the days our long but I enjoy every second of it!
Now for all of you DISers I having been keeping my eye out for you !! PLease come say hello I am the only one in Yellow and Blue name Andrea! I hope all of you made it on the cruise last week (even if some had to board in key west) and that those of you on this week are having a Magical time!! Make sure to go to the Pirates in the Carribean party tomorrow night !! It is a MUST SEE.
Alright then I must go as there is a line for the internet here, and I have to be in the club first thing tomorrow!!

Andrea, my sons are teens, so I don't know if I'll get a chance to see you, but we'll be on the Magic for the August 28th cruise. I will definitely look for you, though! I'll be squinting at every female CM's name tag as they walk past me. looking for "Andrea"! LOL I am glad that you are enjoying your job so much! :)

Enjoy your time on the Magic Andrea. I know Robyn will look out for you, and am sure you will also bump into my DD at some point - Gemma in Palo. She has had 4 and a half great years on board, and is looking forward to returning once more after her vacation. How we wish we had had the same opportunities when we were younger! Best wishes. Nat:Pinkbounc

Andrea-- We'll see you 1/29/05! You may even remember my kids' names-- they're a bit unusual... Brosnan (DS4) and Aeris (DD3). We will say hey and I will love knowing you're there with my kids.

Best of wishes... :wave2:

Congrats Andrea! We'll be sailing 9/18/04 and you'll probably have my DS(he'll be 1 month away from turning 5) and DD (7). Can't wait to meet you and Robyn!

See you soon!:wave2:

Originally posted by yodasdabomb
Well lets see it has been an eventful 3 weeks!!!
Here all my firsts!!
1st time seeing the Magic in person........ and On a cruise ship !

Andrea, you mean you took a job on a cruise ship without ever being on one before???? You're a brave girl! How did you know if you'd like it or not or get sea-sick or not?:confused: :D

Friends, I would bet that most of the crew had never been on a cruise ship before their first day on the job. We forget how blessed we are. Folks who cruise are a definite minority of the population because of the cost.

Many of the crew are following a dream to work on a ship or choosing the position that will provide the most for their families since many of the crew are from nations where the average weekly way is quite low.

As we read the boards, we need to count our blessings and give all our kids, parents, friends a hug.

Originally posted by CM_Mom
Friends, I would bet that most of the crew had never been on a cruise ship before their first day on the job.

Many of the crew are following a dream to work on a ship or choosing the position that will provide the most for their families..

As we read the boards, we need to count our blessings and give all our kids, parents, friends a hug.

~~Amen! to your last statement.

CM_Mom, I guess that was what my thought was - people from other nations primarily work on the cruise ships to support their families and I assumed that Andrea chose to do it more for the experience, training & pleasure working with the children, as opposed to necessity, as we in the US have so many options to choose from to support ourselves & our families. We definitely are a blessed nation, in spite of all of the need.

I guess I am brave, but I think I little nuts too! I haven't felt sick yet so I must be okay right? We are just now reving up the engines to leave St. Thomas. I love my job and feel SO lucky to have this job and experience. I am on board until Jan. 8th and then I head home for vacation.

Andrea, Good luck and congrats on the JOB! We will be sailing on the Magic 10/2. I will look for you. My son is 6 so he may be in your goup.
Good luck in all you do. And Enjoy!!!!!!!!
Twinave

Hi Ave,
I saw your post and thought I would say HI:wave:
We are cruising October 30th, so you will be cruising a few weeks before us. Have a great cruise. Say hi to Mary.

Teri

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter