• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

$99 HP Touchpad

ds works at best buy and they got an announced new shipment this evening...he said it was pandelirium!

What Best Buy ? Can I be there when it comes in ? I really do still want this for my birthday, has been on my list for a month now.

If you are at the store when the shipment comes in, then you might get one but that is doubtful. Most BBY stores only were getting 12 of each. My local store got them last night and they were gone in under 5 minutes. Also, there is a very limited supply of the accessories also. But BBY did mark the accessories 50% off.

Please understand it is not the fault of the employees that work at any store that sells/sold this product that you are unable to obtain this product. Please be kind with them.

Yesterday, our BB said they were getting a shipment last night but that they wouldn't be available to buy until today. Dh would have gone to work late today but he figured it would be 5 or 10 and would never get one. Turns out they got 115. 200 people lined up, some in tents at 10pm that this same employee saw on his way home. 1 pp.

Best Buy has lighting fast shipping. I got home today and my HP Touchpad was sitting on the porch. Now to try and compare to my iPad or DD8's Nook Color.

Make sure you follow steps on precentral.net to update to 3.0.2 and disable event logging. It will speed it up considerably. Then compare to iPad or Nook. WebOS is far superior, especially with Glance App which can be had free.

For those who ordered directly through HP, call 888-728-9985 and give your order # and they'll check the status of or order. Told me mine was good, not cancelled and in line to ship but slow going with so many to handle. Website status (order # or email links) are worthless!

Those DISers who ordered from B&N and got cancelled look in your email, they are sending a $20 GC to you :)

I placed two separate orders with B&N on Sunday. Order #1 was for two of the 32gb at Full price. I did this hoping I could get a price match. Order #2 was for one 16gb, just in case B&N would not price match the 32gb touchpads.

Of course the 16gb was canceled the next day, but the 32gb are "pending." I've received NO COMMUNICATION from B&N on these two units. Nothing. When I tried calling them a recording said they weren't taking any calls at this time. Way to go, B&N!!! Leave your customers hanging.

I have not received a $20 gift card for the canceled order, either! :mad: I can't believe it's been over 5 days and still no email of any kind saying yes, no, or maybe so on my pending order. In the meantime, my credit card has been charged $1295!!! :scared1:

I placed two separate orders with B&N on Sunday. Order #1 was for two of the 32gb at Full price. I did this hoping I could get a price match. Order #2 was for one 16gb, just in case B&N would not price match the 32gb touchpads.

Of course the 16gb was canceled the next day, but the 32gb are "pending." I've received NO COMMUNICATION from B&N on these two units. Nothing. When I tried calling them a recording said they weren't taking any calls at this time. Way to go, B&N!!! Leave your customers hanging.

I have not received a $20 gift card for the canceled order, either! :mad: I can't believe it's been over 5 days and still no email of any kind saying yes, no, or maybe so on my pending order. In the meantime, my credit card has been charged $1295!!! :scared1:

Did they ship any 32GBs out? Maybe that means you are getting them :goodvibes Not that I'm excusing their customer service, you should be notified about what is going on regardless, 5 days is too long to hear nothing.
I would just keep checking your email, maybe they are just slow at getting all the GC emails out to all those they cancelled on.

I probably already know the answer to this question, but is there ANY chance that I could still get this deal from somewhere????

I probably already know the answer to this question, but is there ANY chance that I could still get this deal from somewhere????

I was able to pick one up at Best Buy yesterday and rumor is some stores may be getting more stock but there will be few and limit one per a person so to get one you will have to be persistent. I've also hear rumors that Staples may get some more in stock.

You can also sign up here with HP to be notified if/when they start offering them again
http://www.hp.com/united-states/webos/us/en/tablet/touchpad-availability.html

Good luck!

When I ordered from HP last Sunday, I received my confirmation and it said August 26,2011 as the ship date. It was like that all week. Now I look this AM and it says a ship date of September 2 with an arrival of September 6. :confused3

With the login site for HP SB, it still has the same ship date with the updated price without the shipping.
Wow :confused:

Oh well, it will come when it comes.

It's funny...I saw the announcement on SD before the sales date and though 'hmmm'...then pondered it when I saw all the posts on SD about it but didn't HAVE TO HAVE one until it was pretty much too late...got in on the B&N computer error just in case it really went through....

what I don't get is why are people so mad? especially on boards like slickdeals....they had at least 2 days advanced notice there about the sale and for at least the first day you could get in on it...why are they mad that they slacked?

I slacked and it didn't work out....no biggie. I am still hopeful more will come out b4 Xmas.

Sometimes you wonder about the madness....like mob mentality or something.

Oh and I was surprised to see an apology email with $20 gift card from B&N. Thought that was super cool and totally unnecessary!

Trish

I'm not sure what you hope to accomplish by calling. You have a confirmation email, you didn't get the cancellation email, and your order shows up in the system. You are in the same boat as everyone else, calling only slows everything down.

The HP twitter site is begging people to stop calling the call centers. At this point all they can tell you is exactly what you already seem to know.

The status site that you login to using your email and password is useless. No information has changed since day 1. As you pointed out it fails to list shipping charges so the price doesn't add up. Plus those shipping charges will eventually be removed, so the price is wrong anyway. Just don't use it.

The only order site that is even slightly useful is this one: https://h20497.www2.hp.com/os/public.tcl

Use your order number from the confirmation email in the web order line, enter your order date. Use that information only. And yes, half the time it says your order wasn't found. At least that site has updated itself with shipping times, which as others have found out isn't being updated for everyone.

In short, if you have a confirmation email and no cancel email, just sit tight. Everyone else has that too.

When I first called, I was not getting through online. It was telling me log on failed as well as no order found.. that was the reason for the call. While on hold and playing with the system (if you followed my postings) I got into the the online status. Once I saw they were back ordered, I felt a little better, however since I had already been on hold for close to the 2 hours at that point, I figured I would just stay on to see if they could give me verification that my order was going to be processed as well as give me a time frame as to when the back order was going to come in.

While being in the same boat as everyone else, I have different shipping dates... how can I have 2 different shipping dates, when in fact, they are not physically even in stock? Some questions I would like answered. In the same boat as everyone else, if the boat is sinking.. I don't want to go down in the boat :lmao: but if this boat is sinking.. I am sunk with everyone else since it is too late to get these anywhere else for the cheap price ..but just making a point.. in the same boat doesn't mean I cannot find out an answer.. doesn't mean that HP should not be giving us answers or not having to answer their phones :confused3 Simply because they are doing it to 1000's of people doesn't make it right...does it? no, it doesn't.

It's funny...I saw the announcement on SD before the sales date and though 'hmmm'...then pondered it when I saw all the posts on SD about it but didn't HAVE TO HAVE one until it was pretty much too late...got in on the B&N computer error just in case it really went through....

what I don't get is why are people so mad? especially on boards like slickdeals....they had at least 2 days advanced notice there about the sale and for at least the first day you could get in on it...why are they mad that they slacked?

I slacked and it didn't work out....no biggie. I am still hopeful more will come out b4 Xmas.

Oh and I was surprised to see an apology email with $20 gift card from B&N. Thought that was super cool and totally unnecessary!

Trish

It's good to see B&N cares about select customers by sending a gift card. I got a cancelation and got nothing but a too bad so sad from them. It is sad for them that I have a choice to buy from Amazon and skip their store all together. I spent way too much in their stores anyway. :laughing:

Trish

You never get upset about a bad choice? Had I missed this, only one of my kids would have had a computer. They are both in college, but only the oldest has a great need. People are also angry because companies allowed them to think they had it covered and then didn't come through. As opposed to being able to just go to another company. Several still had inventory when I made my bb order, that could have easily been cancelled.

I slack sometimes, and I guess i am just not evolved enough not to kick myself on occassion.

On Sunday I ordered the touchpad early in the AM from the HP site. I printed out the order and waited for an email confirmation, nothing came. On Tuesday I received an email saying I was still in the system and will get a confirmation in the next 24-72hrs. Finally last eve. around 6 I received a confirmation email saying I will receive a shipping email when it ships. I was ready to give up on it but it now seems like I will be getting one.:cloud9:

I ordered one from the HP SMB website at around 11 am on Sunday. I just received an email confirmation about 15 minutes ago. Just logged in to find an estimated ship date of Sep 11 and delivery date of Sep 14.

Just an update for anyone else who was still waiting to hear. :)

saw this on SD

Seller: You want confirmations?
SlickDealer: I think I'm entitled to them.
Seller: You want a status update?
SlickDealer: I want the truth!
Seller: You can't handle the truth! Son, we live in a world that has warehouses. And those warehouses have inventories that have to be tracked in real time. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Bargain Hunter? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for a Touchpad and you curse OnSale. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know: that your jumbled order, while tragic, probably saved you money. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves money...You don't want the truth. Because deep down, in places you don't talk about on Slickdeals, you want me on this phone. You need me on this phone.
We use words like pending, processing, First-In-First-Out...we use these words as the backbone to a life – a life intent on selling something. You use 'em as the gospel. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain our order processing to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very click-and-buy convenience I provide, then questions the manner in which I provide it! I'd rather you just said thank you and logged out. Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a headset and hop in the call queue. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you're entitled to!
SlickDealer: Did you cancel my order?
Seller: (quietly) I did the job our inventories made me do.
SlickDealer: Did you cancel my order?
Seller: You're gd right I did!!

:lmao::rotfl2::rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter