900 Miles, 5 Parks, 2 Resorts, 6 ADR's, and 3 days of Celebration!!! Update 3/8/13

I no longer take many pictures at Disney since I discovered that I could find better pics and videos on Google. Except for pictures of people I know that is.:)

I get to see things without a viewfinder and the videos of parades, in most cases, are even better than actually being there as they seem to be taken by one person, no crowds to block my view.:flower3:

Of course if I had your talent I might feel differently. :cheer2:

SG

I have caught up.

The duck would have scared me. :rotfl2:

LEGOLAND looks like fun but to take pics only. The rides look like they are for kids. I would love to go and take pics someday.

Looking forward to reading more.

Great pics of Lego City. The miniature golf wasn't there the last time we were.

I second it, Busch Gardens is very nice. The Cheetah run is pretty cool. Those animals are amazing.

Haven't ever been to Ringlings, but one of the ladies in my Sunday School class is a housekeeper there and she has said some wonderful things about Ringling Museum.

There was a lot in FL I wanted to do and never did. Glad I got to do those few!

I no longer take many pictures at Disney since I discovered that I could find better pics and videos on Google. Except for pictures of people I know that is.:)

I get to see things without a viewfinder and the videos of parades, in most cases, are even better than actually being there as they seem to be taken by one person, no crowds to block my view.:flower3:

Of course if I had your talent I might feel differently. :cheer2:

SG

Thank you, but it isn't me, it's the camera. Well, I guess this trip was a little more me since I picked the settings and not the camera.

I have caught up.

The duck would have scared me. :rotfl2:

LEGOLAND looks like fun but to take pics only. The rides look like they are for kids. I would love to go and take pics someday.

Looking forward to reading more.

My MIL would have been long gon if that duck was anywhere near her. :lmao:

Yes, everything at Legoland is for kids, but the displays are worth the price of admission to me.

Sorry I haven't posted in awhile. Life got in the way. Last week I accepted the part-time young men's supervisor at work. A little more money, more hours and a lot more responsibility. That isn't why I have been MIA. Just scheduling with school meetings, doctor appointments and other things going on. I hope everyone is doing ok after Sandy. We lost power for about 48 hours and a portion of the wood detail on our porch blew off. The front windows leaked really bad, but I know we were fortunate compared to other areas.

Lots of family coming for Thanksgiving and I have Jonas home working on a paper for a class he needs to finish so he will look good for the next promotion board. Hopefully I will do an update when he takes a break, until then I need to go clean house.

My dear Mel, anyone can buy a camera, not everyone has the eye for detail and instinctive ability to frame and adjust the settings. I know. I used to write for a newspaper or two and while my prose was seldom edited they would not allow me to take pictures.:rotfl:

Congratulations on the promotion, I think. I imagine you would not have taken it if you had not wanted to and I know you will do your usual fantastic job along with everything else you do. :thumbsup2

SG

My dear Mel, anyone can buy a camera, not everyone has the eye for detail and instinctive ability to frame and adjust the settings. I know. I used to write for a newspaper or two and while my prose was seldom edited they would not allow me to take pictures.:rotfl:

Congratulations on the promotion, I think. I imagine you would not have taken it if you had not wanted to and I know you will do your usual fantastic job along with everything else you do. :thumbsup2

SG

Thank you. The promotion was something I applied for and really enjoy. Now for an update!

We are now on Thursday, August 23rd. Now I had the bright idea when planning this trip to save some money and move over to a value resort the last 3 days. We did save some money, but put a little stress on ourselves.

We loaded up the car and moved over to Pop! Jonas had never stayed there. We checked in and were handed a Rubiks Cube. Have stayed there previously and never handed one before.

The CM at the desk told us it would be a good idea to park over on the side, so we moved the car. Let me tell you, parking out front would have been much easier. We were in the same area Jacob and I stayed the first time, the 60's, on the Play-Doh side, but on the outside overlooking the water. This is exactly where we were when we went with some friends.

After the car was unloaded, we headed over to the Orlando Convention Center. We were all excited.

We parked in the West parking lot, which is not the building the convention is in, but you just hop on a bus and they take you on over. We saw a lot of people walking and many people on the bus commented on what a long walk they had ahead of them.

We got to the convention and were late enough we didn't have to stand in the queue to get in, I'll post pictures of that from the next day. The first pictures I took were of the "As You Wish" Charity Projects. "Bobba Fett helmets, once completed, will be on display at Celebration VI, then auctioned off by Make-A-Wish online after the show, with all proceeds going to support their programs that help critically ill kids and their families. Art Andrews from The Dented Helmet, and Chris Romines from the 501st are heading up the effort."

We had completely missed this exhibit the last time we attended, so I was super excited to see it first.

Here you go:

Don't think this one is child friendly

Some amazing talent involved here.

Next up was Jacob's favorite exhibit, can anyone guess what it was?

They were still setting up, so I didn't take many pics.

I think this was used to haul the helmets.

There was an area with cars and I had to take a pic of this since my BFF is such a Z fan.

I think my pics are out of order on Smugmug, or else I deleted a lot because there were more cars. If I remember correctly, I forgot my camera was on manual focus, instead of automatic. I have that problem at times.

Now I had planned to see some of the panels on this day, but the boys weren't having it. It was all about the "stuff"! I did fill out a survey and got this for doing so

I like the FREE stuff. (I'm leaving out any "smilies" so I have room for more images.)

As much as Jonas loves Star Wars, he is also a Battlestar Galactica fan

This company makes some amazing products.

Jacob wanted a jacket

He can have one when he gets a job and pays for it himself.

This reminds me, Jonas wants one of these for Christmas, I better get that ordered.

Ok, will continue in the next post, I'm sure I'm close to the limit.

We were back at the Hasbro booth and found this display of a new product

That last photo was a booth that caused a memory of my husband I will never forget. When he saw it I swear his arms went up in the air, he did a little scream of excitment and skipped, I'm telling you the man skipped, over to the booth.

This is what he purchased.

This is a miniature game he has been waiting to come out and not only was he able to purchase it at Celebrations, but he was able to purchase it a full month before its release. He was so excited.

One of our other purchases were these flashlights, which I just realized we didn't use during the power outage.

I spotted this character and had to get a pic

My new hero!!!

The Lego Company display

We saw this and wondered what it was going to be exactly

We kept seeing people with these really large bags, so we went on the look for them and found them

The bag was free with the purchase of a t-shirt. That booth was packed, they had a great promotion idea.

I know this isn't Star Wars, but think this may be another Christmas gift for the DH.

Of course Disney was there

This was before the big news of purchase. All I purchased this year was this t-shirt

Which I love, but was hoping they would have pins. They had some Vinylmations, but I'm just not into them.

Some of the merchandise from different vendors

And a few characters out shopping

We were getting hungry at this point, so we stopped here for some lunch

We had Papa John's.

More to come, but it may be another week before I post again. In-laws will be here on Sunday, so I am trying to clean house, but work 4-Midnight both Friday and Saturday. I do have Sunday off so maybe I can get on then.

If I don't get out here, I hope everyone has a wonderful and safe Thanksgiving!

The Star Wars stuff looks great. I have seen all of the movies but that's about it. I am looking forward to seeing what Disney does with the new movie they are talking about making.

Congrats and have a nice Thanksgiving if you don't get back here before then.

I know so many youngsters who would have loved to have been at the Star Wars show. The pictures were awesome!:thumbsup2

So Jacob wants the female doll? Hmmm, me thinks the young man is growing up. Make him stop that!!:rotfl:

Saving money by switching resorts is not my thing as a rule but when I have had to do so for other reasons I have found that packing up and having Disney move the things is the best way. I just leave some money on top of the pile marked as a tip to alleviate my guilt. :cool1:

You are one busy lady and thank you so much for sharing what time you have with those of us who will never get to see the things that you do. You have a zest for life!:woohoo:

SG

Looking at the pictures, I am homesick for CVI! We zipped through the helmets as my son was in meltdown mode. He didn't care for the Exhibition Hall at all. Too many people, I guess. We saved that area for the last day and did it rather quickly.

Those helmets are amazing. You did great with only 1 purchase. Can't say that for us. The guys got a few shirts and one of the gamorean piggy banks, and several books.

Glad to see you're back with Celebration photos. Love the photo opps with the action figure "packaging" and snow speeder. I can tell from the photos my DS would have had fun there. Couldn't figure out why he changed his mind about going until we got home from our trip. Out of the blue he told me he didn't want to go because there would be so much stuff he would want to buy and it would be too frustrating not being able to buy everything. He's right... I could just see us with that big bag (the one in your photo) filled with stuff, trying to cram it in the overhead compartment on the plane. :rotfl: I actually thought that was very mature of him to think of that.

So it sounds like maybe you regret switching resorts. We are considering doing that when we go in Jan. For some reason CSR has no availablity so we are considering either a split stay at a value and WL or the entire trip at POR. We've never stayed at a value...so I'm a little worried about that. What did you think of POP?

What did you think of POP?

You didn't ask me, so I hope you don't mind me chiming in. We have stayed at POP alot lately. We spent a long weekend in Sept and a long weekend in Oct, and planning a quick get-away in a few days.

I like staying at POP. In particular, getting lake view in the 50's building (they are standard rooms). The view is of AoA! Housekeeping has been awesome in building 3. We even got towel animals each trip, two swans the first and an elephant the second. We've stayed in the 70's four different times and housekeeping was not as good.

Compared to CSR, it's kind of difficult to go from CSR (my home away from home) to POP...at least at first. At CSR you get the shampoo, conditioner, body gel and body lotion. At POP you get a combo bottle of shampoo/conditioner...yuck. The soaps are the same. There is plenty of storage area in the room at POP, about the same as CSR. Where POP sucks, is the beds. They aren't queen sized. However, the matresses are comfortable. There is no campfire like at CSR, but they do have the movie nights and pool activities. The addition of the refrigerators to POP have made it more attractive to us.

Choosing between POP and CSR, I choose CSR hands down! But when I can't splurge, I happily choose POP and look forward to my return in a few days!

Great great great update and pics.

I :love: Star Wars. I would have loved to have just had the photos taken like you all.

The big bag was awesome. I have to go to one of these one year.

Congrats on the job.

Sorry I have been MIA. Some life stuff and a bunch of school events in October and November.

I'll comment on Legoland before moving on to your Star Wars Celebration update.

WOW!!! The creations are incredible! The representations of the cities are just amazing! Did they give details about how long it took how many Lego masters to make these things?

Very torn about whether a visit is worth it. Ben absolutely adores Legos, but the rides seem kind of youngish (read: lame). Admission seems a bit high for just looking at Legos (I know my family wouldn't sit still for the ski show either)

With limited time in Florida and so much to see and do, I don't think this is going to make the cut. So I really appreciate you sharing your experience!

I did have a chance to go to Cypress Gardens many years ago (maybe like 18-20 years ago)

Loving your trippie ! My husband and son are big SW fans, so they are enjoying it as well ! Love the detail and pics in your report.

Merry Christmas everyone!!!

Sorry I have been MIA for so long. Sure was surprised to see so many had responded, what a nice surprise. Taking the part-time supervisor position two weeks before Thanksgiving really was not smart. I have totally enjoyed it though. Took me over a week to get all the decorations up in the house. And I knew I had so much to do and if I get on the Dis, I will be there for hours. I may try to do an update later today. The rest of this week is going to be nuts, even part time I have 38 hours. But January and February I won't have many hours, so there should be lots of time for the Dis. :goodvibes

Thank you for your patience and if you are traveling, please be careful and have a safe Christmas and New Years!!!
The Star Wars stuff looks great. I have seen all of the movies but that's about it. I am looking forward to seeing what Disney does with the new movie they are talking about making.

Congrats and have a nice Thanksgiving if you don't get back here before then.

Thank you and hope you had a nice Thanksgiving and Christmas. We are very interested to see what Disney does with Star Wars.

I know so many youngsters who would have loved to have been at the Star Wars show. The pictures were awesome!:thumbsup2

So Jacob wants the female doll? Hmmm, me thinks the young man is growing up. Make him stop that!!:rotfl:

Saving money by switching resorts is not my thing as a rule but when I have had to do so for other reasons I have found that packing up and having Disney move the things is the best way. I just leave some money on top of the pile marked as a tip to alleviate my guilt. :cool1:

You are one busy lady and thank you so much for sharing what time you have with those of us who will never get to see the things that you do. You have a zest for life!:woohoo:

SG

Linda, it isn't Jacob that wants the doll, but Jonas. And he got it for Christmas.

I may try having Disney move us next time between resorts, if we attempt it.

Looking at the pictures, I am homesick for CVI! We zipped through the helmets as my son was in meltdown mode. He didn't care for the Exhibition Hall at all. Too many people, I guess. We saved that area for the last day and did it rather quickly.

Those helmets are amazing. You did great with only 1 purchase. Can't say that for us. The guys got a few shirts and one of the gamorean piggy banks, and several books.

I heard that Celebration signed a 3 year lease at the Orlando Convention Center, so hopefully it will be back soon.

I was the one purchase, my boys went nuts, especially the big one.:rotfl2:

Glad to see you're back with Celebration photos. Love the photo opps with the action figure "packaging" and snow speeder. I can tell from the photos my DS would have had fun there. Couldn't figure out why he changed his mind about going until we got home from our trip. Out of the blue he told me he didn't want to go because there would be so much stuff he would want to buy and it would be too frustrating not being able to buy everything. He's right... I could just see us with that big bag (the one in your photo) filled with stuff, trying to cram it in the overhead compartment on the plane. :rotfl: I actually thought that was very mature of him to think of that.

So it sounds like maybe you regret switching resorts. We are considering doing that when we go in Jan. For some reason CSR has no availablity so we are considering either a split stay at a value and WL or the entire trip at POR. We've never stayed at a value...so I'm a little worried about that. What did you think of POP?

I'm really surprised that Jacob handles the purchases or lack of so well. Actually we offered more than he asked.:goodvibes

Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner. Here is a link to a list of conferences going on at CSR, that may help you see why they may not have rooms.

Coronado Springs Forums

We aren't big on the values, but I do love the themeing at all the values. The first time we stayed at one, Jonas said "I can handle this for a few days, but not a week." The room is smaller and so are the beds. Of course, POR beds use to be the same. The place it really seems to bother us is the vanity area. But, when you aren't in the room much, not a big deal.

What did you decide?

You didn't ask me, so I hope you don't mind me chiming in. We have stayed at POP alot lately. We spent a long weekend in Sept and a long weekend in Oct, and planning a quick get-away in a few days.

I like staying at POP. In particular, getting lake view in the 50's building (they are standard rooms). The view is of AoA! Housekeeping has been awesome in building 3. We even got towel animals each trip, two swans the first and an elephant the second. We've stayed in the 70's four different times and housekeeping was not as good.

Compared to CSR, it's kind of difficult to go from CSR (my home away from home) to POP...at least at first. At CSR you get the shampoo, conditioner, body gel and body lotion. At POP you get a combo bottle of shampoo/conditioner...yuck. The soaps are the same. There is plenty of storage area in the room at POP, about the same as CSR. Where POP sucks, is the beds. They aren't queen sized. However, the matresses are comfortable. There is no campfire like at CSR, but they do have the movie nights and pool activities. The addition of the refrigerators to POP have made it more attractive to us.

Choosing between POP and CSR, I choose CSR hands down! But when I can't splurge, I happily choose POP and look forward to my return in a few days!

Those refrigerators are great!

Great great great update and pics.

I :love: Star Wars. I would have loved to have just had the photos taken like you all.

The big bag was awesome. I have to go to one of these one year.

Congrats on the job.

Thank you!

When I hear of the next Celebration, I'll try to remember to let you know. It really is a great time.

And I thought I saw a big bag at DHS sort of like that one. I thought it may have been left over from SWW?

Sorry I have been MIA. Some life stuff and a bunch of school events in October and November.

I'll comment on Legoland before moving on to your Star Wars Celebration update.

WOW!!! The creations are incredible! The representations of the cities are just amazing! Did they give details about how long it took how many Lego masters to make these things?

Very torn about whether a visit is worth it. Ben absolutely adores Legos, but the rides seem kind of youngish (read: lame). Admission seems a bit high for just looking at Legos (I know my family wouldn't sit still for the ski show either)

With limited time in Florida and so much to see and do, I don't think this is going to make the cut. So I really appreciate you sharing your experience!

I did have a chance to go to Cypress Gardens many years ago (maybe like 18-20 years ago)

You don't have to tell me about life getting in the way of the Dis, I completely understand.

The rides are for young children and it can be expensive just to look at displays, so I understand, Jacob wants to go back though since they have added a Star Wars section now.

Ya'll would probably enjoy Busch Gardens, if you haven't done it.

Loving your trippie ! My husband and son are big SW fans, so they are enjoying it as well ! Love the detail and pics in your report.

Thank you!!! I'll try to get more photos up today.:goodvibes

Okay, I am down with Jonas wanting a female doll but since he has a life size one in real life I am a tad bit surprised.:rotfl2:

Definitely have Disney move your stuff between resorts. You will never do it any other way again and it frees up a couple of valuable Disney hours.:)

Hmmmphf, so you think celebrating the holidays with your family is more important than US? You are a wise woman and I hope you got exactly what you wanted for Christmas and possibly something you did not even know you wanted, until you opened the package.:wizard:

SG

Okay, I am down with Jonas wanting a female doll but since he has a life size one in real life I am a tad bit surprised.:rotfl2:

Definitely have Disney move your stuff between resorts. You will never do it any other way again and it frees up a couple of valuable Disney hours.:)

Hmmmphf, so you think celebrating the holidays with your family is more important than US? You are a wise woman and I hope you got exactly what you wanted for Christmas and possibly something you did not even know you wanted, until you opened the package.:wizard:

SG

:rotfl2: Linda, I'm something, don't know about a doll, but I know I'm something. :rotfl:

I did get some Brighton jewelry, so that was a nice surprise. I'll post pics later. Now, actually going to do an update!

My dear Mel, and I mean this in a very non gay way, :rotfl: most women are either attractive or useful. Few are both and you have a nice disposition too so Jonas is a lucky man and I figure he knows that. From what you have said you are lucky in having him too and that tickles me pink.:)

I am useful.:banana:

After lunch we all needed a bathroom break. We took turns guarding our stuff...

Jacob laying down on the job. :rotfl2:

Check out this guy! Sorry I didn't get the front of him.

It was time for a presentation on the new Star Wars: 1313. Here is the waiting room

We would see this again on Friday for the Clone Wars premiere.

AT-AT display

Then it was time for Star Wars in 60 Minutes. Previously, it was 30 minutes and only the classic films, but this was a premiere of all 6 movies compiled into 60 minutes. And it was performed live on stage. This best way to explain this event is try picturing your children performing Star Wars in the backyard. Folding lawn chairs were used as ships flying through the sky. And the image of Jabba will never leave my mind.

I only had the wide angle lens with me, or the pics would have been a little closer.

After this event we were all tired and headed to the resort. We went for food and thought we would check out the AoA. On the way I began thinking that they didn't have chicken nuggets. And of course, that was correct, so we ended back at PoP. Here are some pics of the resorts.

Mine! Mine! Mine!

I think I went in the store for a moment while the boys checked out the arcade. They found this game and Jonas had to have a pic.

Not sure what those are?

We had a nice dinner and headed to the room. Oh, and during the day I realized I had forgotten my charger and extra battery in the room at POR. I called Lost and Found and they said someone had already checked into that room, so they would have to get permission to look. There were a lot of empty room at that resort, why did they have to fill that one.:confused3

Ok, hope to update next week with Day 2 at Celebrations and some Magic Kingdom.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter