900 Miles, 5 Parks, 2 Resorts, 6 ADR's, and 3 days of Celebration!!! Update 3/8/13

I really enjoyed your report and the great pictures, at least the one I could see!!! :lmao:

You don't have to tell me about frustration with photo posting services. I'm going through my own personal H-E-Double Toothpicks with Photobucket. Although I have another couple of names I am using, neither of which is appropriate to print here!

That's tough to have your Labor Day plans up in the air. Please let us know what you decide to do.

The storm this week was very tricky. I know down your way they were saying it was going to be awful, but it ended up being vastly different by area. Sounds like you experienced that.

It snowed all day yesterday, and didn't accumulate. We were told we would have around 3-6 inches overnight through noon. At first the kids' schools called for a two hour delay (phone call at 5:20). By 7:30, they had cancelled school for the day- it was the right choice. We ended up with about a foot of snow.

I really enjoyed your report and the great pictures, at least the one I could see!!! :lmao:

You don't have to tell me about frustration with photo posting services. I'm going through my own personal H-E-Double Toothpicks with Photobucket. Although I have another couple of names I am using, neither of which is appropriate to print here!

That's tough to have your Labor Day plans up in the air. Please let us know what you decide to do.

The storm this week was very tricky. I know down your way they were saying it was going to be awful, but it ended up being vastly different by area. Sounds like you experienced that.

It snowed all day yesterday, and didn't accumulate. We were told we would have around 3-6 inches overnight through noon. At first the kids' schools called for a two hour delay (phone call at 5:20). By 7:30, they had cancelled school for the day- it was the right choice. We ended up with about a foot of snow.

I love Smugmug and don't know why those few pics won't post.

The hubby doesn't know I am thinking of going without him, but otherwise I don't think Jacob will have much of a Summer.

Isn't the weather crazy. All the other potential large storms, everything started announcing closings, this time they waited. We have noticed our school system announces at 6am. My alarm goes off at 6 and then we get the call. At least the alarm wakes us.

Looking at the next 10 days, looks like more snow possibly, but I'm sure it won't stick with the warmth we are now getting.

All caught up again and it is over.

Great report. A little confused about when you go next but I will just look for a tr. :lmao:

Has it really been a month since I last updated this? Sorry it has taken me so long. Work has been crazy with markdowns, inventory, etc. Then we were trying to clean up the basement so we could get someone in here to give a quote on finishing it and also possibly redoing our bathroom. The basement looked like a storage room, but after someone had opened every box and laid everything out. (Jonas looking for one or two things. :headache:)

My boys are at a gaming convention in Lancaster, PA. I decided to stay home and save some money on kenneling the dog. Last time I just laid in the hotel room because I didn't feel well.

Ok, back to the TR and I realized I missed some info from the night at MK. I knew there were more pics, but I couldn't find them.

We did ride Buzz that night and here are the pics to prove it:

Jonas does take this stuff seriously. I wish they had ride pics of TSMM because I can only imagine how he looks when I am always beating him. :lmao: Jacob usually wins on Buzz.

And here's me, just having some fun

And the other pics I didn't post were Photopass pics in front of the castle. For some reason Jonas got mad at me and walked on ahead. I couldn't catch him for the pics, so Jacob and I posed.

The boy had just stepped on my toe.

Now back to our leaving. Oops, I promised a pic of the best costume at Celebrations, here you go:

If you have only seen the movies and not Clone Wars, you probably don't know that Darth Maul lived, but lost his legs. Isn't this just the coolest costume!

We saw Darth Maul as we were leaving Celebrations about 1pm on Saturday. While riding in the very front of the bus to the parking lot. Overheard the driver talking to somone on his cellphone how he had no instruments, the whole dashboard was messed up. Glad he was only driving around the convention center.:scared1:

We got in the car and hit the road. Planned to stop for food outside of Orlando. Before we got out of town, this is what I was dealing with

I believe we stopped at Wendy's and so did a lot of people that looked like they were coming from WDW.

Hit the road again, and it was a very uneventful trip which was nice after the accident on the way down. Which I can't remember if I posted, but his mother called us by accident (she was trying to call the policeman that wrote the report), and we learned the young man on the motorcycle was going to be fine. Dislocated shoulder and very scratched up.

We did see a lot of these because there was a hurricane heading for southern FL. Can't remember the name of the storm.

Now, I do have one last funny story to tell, and it is probably only going to be funny to me, but during the drive, Jonas was asleep and he woke up. But he woke up and did this funky stretch. It looked like Tom Hanks in the Moneypit when he is trapped in the floor and wakes up. The way he did his eyes and fingers, and is exactly how Jonas did his when he woke up. Didn't stretch out his arms. I crack up everytime I think about it.

Also, when driving, don't believe those little computers about how many more miles you can go with what gas you have left. We thought we were going to run out. The sad thing is, both of us have done it again in that car since this trip.

Ok, I guess that is it. We had a great trip and I would love to do it again.

Someone asked if we had anymore planned. Well, Labor Day weekend is booked, but still don't know if we are going. Jonas may be deployed...to Crystal City. If any of you know the DC area, that is in VA, just an hour away from our home. Actually closer than where he works now. We think it is just called a deployement so they don't have to replace him in his current office. But what it does mean is he couldn't go on leave for six months, so no trips for him. I am seriously thinking of going Labor Day weekend, just me and Jacob. See, that weekend is Mustangs at the Mickyard, the Mustangs of America Nationals. Plus, there is also another car show going on at CSR. And the really bad part is we had learned that Jacob's orientation for Freshman year was going to be on Thursday. Jacob and I could go to it, and Jonas could catch the Autotrain with the Mustang. Jacob and I would then fly down to Orlando. Now it looks like if we go, we will just fly down and I am seriously thinking of not doing the parks. Is everyone ok after reading that? Yes, I am drinking a margarita right now, but thinking we can walk around and look at cars. Maybe go to Disneyquest, which Jonas doesn't like to do, maybe walk around the resorts and take pics. Jacob will be happy just going into the different arcades. Maybe even a water park. So, what do ya'll think?

Again, thank you for sticking around for this long, drawn out TR. I've really enjoyed sharing with all of you.

Thanks for sharing. I love your TR and how honest and open you are.

I think going and not going into a park sounds like a great idea. Nothing wrong with enjoying the resorts and the things your typically too busy to do when you do go into the parks. Will and I love the days we get up later than a park day and go our exploring then back for a swim etc. Those days are just as fun as park days.

Melissa, really enjoyed your TR and hate to see it end. Lots of great photos - wish we could have seen them all. ;). I switched to photobucket, but not a fan of the new format. Thanks so much for taking us along. :goodvibes

Hope Labor Day weekend works out for you and Jacob - We've gone doing very little park time (had a AP so we literally only went in a park to eat twice over a 3 ngt visit). There is so much do outside the parks - and can always buy a one day tkt once there. (We enjoy non park days on any visit of 5 ngts or more.)

I'm trying to decide if Sophia is old enough to go on a Nana & Sophia trip for 4 ngts the end of August - she will be 5 on Sept 2 (how is that possible?!). If it wasn't so hot think I'd go in a heartbeat - but if we don't go in August, we'll have to wait until next summer. Even taking her out of pre-K for a few days could be a difficult readjustment coming back, so best not to take a chance.

Gotta love the military - deployment an hour away therefore preventing any time away for 6 mos. Although Sounds like it would be nice to have a shorter commute.

Hope everything works out for a Labor Day weekend trip! :goodvibes

Lost track of your TR for some reason. OK actually because I stopped reading all but a couple. Too busy with life I guess and dealing with the grandkids.

That was really nice they special ordered chicken nuggets for Jacob. I have pics of all the utility trucks heading south from my trip home too. Thanks for sharing your trip.

I hope your trip over Labor Day works out! I could see not doing the parks. There is always lots to do even without that. We've still never done minigolf or Disney Quest. We thought about doing DQ our first day, but the I saw the price and changed my mind. If we weren't doing the parks though, I'd consider coughing up the money.

All caught up again and it is over.

Great report. A little confused about when you go next but I will just look for a tr. :lmao:

I'm confused myself. :rotfl: I am booked for Labor Day weekend. We will see what I do.

Thanks for sharing. I love your TR and how honest and open you are.

I think going and not going into a park sounds like a great idea. Nothing wrong with enjoying the resorts and the things your typically too busy to do when you do go into the parks. Will and I love the days we get up later than a park day and go our exploring then back for a swim etc. Those days are just as fun as park days.

I know it will be crowded with it being Labor Day, so just some resort time may be nice.

Melissa, really enjoyed your TR and hate to see it end. Lots of great photos - wish we could have seen them all. ;). I switched to photobucket, but not a fan of the new format. Thanks so much for taking us along. :goodvibes

Hope Labor Day weekend works out for you and Jacob - We've gone doing very little park time (had a AP so we literally only went in a park to eat twice over a 3 ngt visit). There is so much do outside the parks - and can always buy a one day tkt once there. (We enjoy non park days on any visit of 5 ngts or more.)

I'm trying to decide if Sophia is old enough to go on a Nana & Sophia trip for 4 ngts the end of August - she will be 5 on Sept 2 (how is that possible?!). If it wasn't so hot think I'd go in a heartbeat - but if we don't go in August, we'll have to wait until next summer. Even taking her out of pre-K for a few days could be a difficult readjustment coming back, so best not to take a chance.

Gotta love the military - deployment an hour away therefore preventing any time away for 6 mos. Although Sounds like it would be nice to have a shorter commute.

Hope everything works out for a Labor Day weekend trip! :goodvibes

Now, my logic is to take her out of Pre-K. I know there will be some adjustment, but her missing middle school or high school is a no-no, so enjoy the time while you can. Just my opinion.

Lost track of your TR for some reason. OK actually because I stopped reading all but a couple. Too busy with life I guess and dealing with the grandkids.

That was really nice they special ordered chicken nuggets for Jacob. I have pics of all the utility trucks heading south from my trip home too. Thanks for sharing your trip.

I know all about life getting in the way of Dis'ing. I just haven't been out here at all lately.

I hope your trip over Labor Day works out! I could see not doing the parks. There is always lots to do even without that. We've still never done minigolf or Disney Quest. We thought about doing DQ our first day, but the I saw the price and changed my mind. If we weren't doing the parks though, I'd consider coughing up the money.

DQ is expensive. Jacob wants to go back because the Tron game was down last time we were there. I have offered for him and me to fly down and maybe do a water park and DQ, but he really doesn't seem to interested.

I have offered the BFF, Vickie, to do another Grown Women Acting Like Teenagers Part 2. We will see what her answer is?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter