900 Miles, 5 Parks, 2 Resorts, 6 ADR's, and 3 days of Celebration!!! Update 3/8/13

:woohoo: for Kona! That is my favorite breakfast at Disney. No, not the Tonga Toast. Macadamia Nut Pineapple Frickin' Pancakes!!! :lovestruc My very favorite thing to eat in the World! Mmmmm...

:woohoo: :woohoo: for another possible trip!!! I hope you are able to go!

I don't like the nuts in my foods. Except for Baby Ruths and Snickers. :confused3 Funny, Kona has all these interesting foods and I do eat the Tonga Toast, but Jonas gets just a basic breakfast. It's all about the coffee with him. So I have to get up, catch a bus, then the monorail, just so he can have a better tasting coffee.:sad2:

What an amazing night at MK!

So how long were you there after the Dessert Party. You certainly made the most of it.

The CM let you use the FP. :thumbsup2 I'm glad (and clairvoyant)-

Wow- what a short line for PP. I wouldn't have believed you either! The only time we will ever do standby for that is when the park first opens.

Love all your PP photos, but especially the one from Splash. Nice job. Love the lady in the row behind you with her eyes closed, too.

The pictures from the SM tunnel came out GREAT!!! :worship:

I was really confused by the FP and EMH because the last FP was for when the park closed. Didn't they use to go into the EMH hours? I dont' think the line was that long anyways, but did save us some time to catch PP.

That secret corner in the queue has messed us up before by making the line look 30 minutes shorter than it really was. Not sure if it was all the rain earlier that had everyone out of the park or what.

I love that pic on Splash also. Even though we didn't know the rest of the people, they sure helped make a great ride photo. Jacob would like the guy behind the two women. He's always doing that in pics.:rotfl:

I love the photo of you two holding on to one another for dear life - I'm going to have to do that pose the next time we go! :thumbsup2

Another great update. I love the FP pictures in front of the castle before you left. His filter on the lens really did wonders on the castle, and both of you look great. Glad it wasn't cold out; you two were quite wet.

Read you soon. :surfweb:

After that we kept wanting to make funny ride photos, that was probably the best though.

The Disney pics of the castle are always the best.

Unlike my usual self, I truly had no plan for which parks on which day, except for working around ADR's. With TT down, we really were not interested in Epcot, knew my parents wouldn't enjoy it since they are ride junkies also, so I had planned on DHS with them, but that was to be Tuesday. So on Monday we went to AK. I know my parents will love the rides at AK, see previous pic of them on KRR.:rotfl2: But, I know how hot AK is and from listening to my DSD complain about my DM complaining about the humidity in FL, I thought DHS would work out best for them.

For some reason, I ended up being the one to go get coffee in our souvenier mugs. Of course I took the camera with me

On the way back, I spotted this

Ever wonder how they get all the little boats from dock to dock

Mushrooms fascinate me

And look, it is the POR mascot yet again

Eventually we made it to AK

I'm trying to figure out why we went here first

Professional WDW guests know you head to EE for FP's first.:confused3 I'm sure Jonas had something to do with this.

The line went by really quick

In fact I think this was one of the first times to do standby and not wait outside for a bit.

Now what's funny about this ride is I actually hate it. I don't like being scared and the dinosaurs are lucky they don't get within reach of me because if they did I would probably hit them. But it is also a challenge for me not to duck for that very last one.

There was a 5 minute wait for PW, come along for a ride

Sorry had too many pics and had to split this chapter up.

Now we headed over to EE

We decided to get FP's and then ride standby while waiting on the FP time.

And look, another one of those shots of the hubby I never take

We weren't even off the ride and look what DH is doing

Next up, more EE and "You shall not pass!"

I don't like the nuts in my foods. Except for Baby Ruths and Snickers. :confused3 Funny, Kona has all these interesting foods and I do eat the Tonga Toast, but Jonas gets just a basic breakfast. It's all about the coffee with him. So I have to get up, catch a bus, then the monorail, just so he can have a better tasting coffee.:sad2:

I was really confused by the FP and EMH because the last FP was for when the park closed. Didn't they use to go into the EMH hours? I dont' think the line was that long anyways, but did save us some time to catch PP.

That secret corner in the queue has messed us up before by making the line look 30 minutes shorter than it really was. Not sure if it was all the rain earlier that had everyone out of the park or what.

I love that pic on Splash also. Even though we didn't know the rest of the people, they sure helped make a great ride photo. Jacob would like the guy behind the two women. He's always doing that in pics.:rotfl:

After that we kept wanting to make funny ride photos, that was probably the best though.

The Disney pics of the castle are always the best.

I don't know who is going to be happier to know this you or Jonas but CSR had gourmet coffee at their coffee shop right in front of pepper market. You can take your refillable mug right up to the counter and get the good stuff free in the mug. At least they did this when we stayed there about 2 years ago. :thumbsup2

That splash mountain picture was hillarious. You got some good pics and it looks like you had a great time. It would annoy me if my hubby said the stretching room spiel in my ear too. I would have to find creative things to shove in his mouth or move to another part of the room away from him. lol Anyone that has been on it enough knows the spiel by heart themselves anyway. Where to next?

We must have posted about the same time Ang. We did have a great time. For once Jonas slowed down and enjoyed himself.

So how long were you there after the Dessert Party. You certainly made the most of it.

I don't think I answered this, I think we headed out about 11:30. I so wanted to close the park, but we were both tired. Maybe in a few weeks.;)

I don't know who is going to be happier to know this you or Jonas but CSR had gourmet coffee at their coffee shop right in front of pepper market. You can take your refillable mug right up to the counter and get the good stuff free in the mug. At least they did this when we stayed there about 2 years ago. :thumbsup2

I wish we had one more day to try it and then maybe cancel the Kona ADR, but Friday morning is our only day and Jonas won't be happy unless he knows he will like the coffee. Funny thing is, he wasn't a coffee snob until after being in Iraq for a year. It was there he started drinking the Caramel Mocha. :confused3

You don't have to eat there. It is a little coffee booth and where you get your free mug refills for coffee so when you check in have him go fill his mug with coffee and try it out. He might be satisfied with his morning coffee and decide he no longer needs Kona at the last minute so you can go right over to Epcot.

Oh wait he doesn't want good regular coffee he wants the carmel stuff. I am pretty sure they had that too but he would have to pay for it.

Just getting caught up. I SO needed to see your pictures today. Took me right to WDW. I especially love the Epcot ones... you got some amazing shots.

The butt grabbing story is hilarious!!! I'd better not share that one with my DH, though, because he would totally start doing that too!

Hoping you got to see Festival of the Lion King or Nemo while you were at AK!

They switched to Nescafe yucky stuff. :( Both at Cafe Rix and at the Pepper Market.

You don't have to eat there. It is a little coffee booth and where you get your free mug refills for coffee so when you check in have him go fill his mug with coffee and try it out. He might be satisfied with his morning coffee and decide he no longer needs Kona at the last minute so you can go right over to Epcot.

Oh wait he doesn't want good regular coffee he wants the carmel stuff. I am pretty sure they had that too but he would have to pay for it.

I'm not a coffee drinker, but I think they still had the coffee to pay for, but not the flavorings to add.

We were just in there yesterday, ate at the Pepper Market for lunch, that was a GOOOD lunch!! Buffet lunch now, and if you are on the dining plan it only counts as 1 quick service! We were there OOP was $16.95 an adult

Their water is filtered though, so tap water at the Pepper Market or Cafe Rix doesn't take horrible like other places on property.

Oh, he doesn't have to have the carmel stuff, but just something besides the Nescafe. But he also wants a good breakfast. It's only a two day trip, does he really need breakfast? Just seems like a waster to eat and then go to the F&WF.:confused3

Just getting caught up. I SO needed to see your pictures today. Took me right to WDW. I especially love the Epcot ones... you got some amazing shots.

The butt grabbing story is hilarious!!! I'd better not share that one with my DH, though, because he would totally start doing that too!

Hoping you got to see Festival of the Lion King or Nemo while you were at AK!

Thank you, I try. I've taken so many pics at WDW, that I now try to get pics that I don't have.

And I am afraid we have seen the shows so many times, we don't do them anymore unless we are with people that haven't. I know, that is :sad2:.

They switched to Nescafe yucky stuff. :( Both at Cafe Rix and at the Pepper Market.

I'm not a coffee drinker, but I think they still had the coffee to pay for, but not the flavorings to add.

We were just in there yesterday, ate at the Pepper Market for lunch, that was a GOOOD lunch!! Buffet lunch now, and if you are on the dining plan it only counts as 1 quick service! We were there OOP was $16.95 an adult

Their water is filtered though, so tap water at the Pepper Market or Cafe Rix doesn't take horrible like other places on property.

Sadly we won't be there during lunches. Maybe another trip. :rolleyes:

The bad news is that I just got a reminder of your thread, several pages late. The good news is that I thoroughly enjoyed them and maybe a tad bit more for having so much to read and look at.:)

I hope you do not mind but I snagged one of your castle pics for my collection.:cool1:

In my dream house I always wanted a huge closet with laundry in it so I could just hang up the clothes directly and have dressers to put the fold-able stuff in and it could be used as a dressing room also, right smack dab near all the bedrooms. Of course the linens would be there too. I are lazy.:goodvibes

I learned a tip about avoiding a double chin look in photographs. Instead of stretching your neck like a turtle you simply keep your chin level and stretch it forward. It worked on me way back when I had three chins.pixiedust:

Disney is family oriented and Main Street is the center of it all and without a butt grabbing or two there would not be families, or at least not as many.l:banana:

Just how did you ascertain that it was not the same horse as you had on your previous carriage ride? Did you check ID?:laughing:

I came up with a way to display my collection of Disney pins in my small condo. I have a boring valance in my kitchen and really wanted a bit of color so I am going to pin them on the valance. Adds color and makes it easy to see my memories.:scratchin

SG, who is greatly enjoying the ride and love those pictures!:lovestruc

My mind is getting a little fuzzy, but I believe after the first ride on EE, it was almost time for our FP's, but we decided to go get KRR FP's so we could ride it after EE. We got over to the KRR FP machine, but still had 5 minutes until we could get the next FP. We stepped aside to wait. I overhear a family asking if they need more than one FP. I told them each person had to have a FP, and the father said "I guess I should have taken everyone's tickets." Yup, he was holding one FP. :sad1: I felt bad for them. Finally is was my time, along with several other people doing the same, and we got the FP's and walked back over to EE.

Jonas let me stop for photopass pics.

Any Doctor Who fans here? Check out our shirts, Jonas purchased them at one of those gaming conventions he likes to go to.

I really like the background of this pic

We discussed being scared for the ride photo, but for some reason I went with surprised and I'm not sure what Jonas is doing

And I had decided to enjoy the ride and not have my camera out, so no pics for awhile.

After EE, we had time for some lunch. We had an ADR for that night and knew we would have a really large meal so we didn't want to eat too much. Jonas wanted chicken nuggets. I remember always stopping near one of those walkup places past the bird show, so we headed there. Jonas went in the restroom, while I ordered. I looked at the menu and they no longer had chicken nuggets, they had wings.:sad1: Sure enough when I told Jonas, he didn't want wings.

I knew Restaursaurse (I think that is the name) had nuggets so we headed that way. Jonas had never been there. We walked right up to a CM, which was a first for me, usually there is a long line. Ordered our food and Jonas found a nice quiet table in the very back. We ate our meal and enjoyed the airconditioning. No pics, but I think everyone has seen WDW chicken nuggets.

On the way back Jonas had to make fun of me. I can not tie my shoes and get them to stay tied. So he took this pic to post on FB

with the note, "The theme of our trip, Melissa having to tie her shoes."

We headed over to KRR. There was a family walking in the standby line that merged over to the FP line. Jonas and I mentioned how we wish they would divide the lines instead of having to watch people try to figure out where they should be, or even worse, try to be sneaky. I did notice the FP line had been changed and you now go into the building, instead of to the side.

We didn't have a long wait, but while waiting I notice a couple of college age kids that were there with a group of special needs adults. I thought that was amazing! Not many people could handle that, but all of them were having a great time.

I didn't take out my camera with that expensive rented lens, remember, the insurance didn't cover water damage. But I did use my Iphone, what did I but that expensive Otterbox for anyways.:rotfl:

We didn't get wet, but these people did

I wish I had gotten their email address and emailed that pic to them.

After the ride we were ready to leave, but there was a path that Jonas had never taken, and it has a fantastic view of the Tree of Life. I couldn't remember exactly where it was. Tried one, nope that wasn't it. Went down another, and that wasn't it. I still don't know which one it finally was, but we found it. It takes you where the kangaroos are.

Jacob and I had stumbled across this path one day and it was so cool because you walked around the roots of the tree, parts you don't even know are there.

I was really enjoying the Tree when we came upon this

I wasn't a happy camper, there was so much more to see. I'm not sure why they closed it off.

On the way out we stopped for some pics

Isn't that typical, the woman carrying everything including the baby. :rotfl:

Next up, our absolute favorite restuarant for us adults.

Love your photopass pics, especially the one on Splash....such a cute couple. So it sounds like EMH at Mk on Sun was somewhat uncrowded. We had considered going but changed our minds because my DS had a YES class early Mon. am and it was a little rainy (probably a bad decision).

I'm wondering if the path at AK was closed due to the damage/broken branch from the storm way back in April.:confused3

We have never been on Dinosaur. I showed my DS your photo cause he asked me once what the ride vehicles look like. He said; "I thought you said they had a kid my age? Where is he? That stinks that they would go to WDW without him." I told him your DS was at grandma's playing his new SW Kinect Xbox. He said "Awww he's so lucky!" :rotfl:

Love your pics and the photopass pics. I've never seen that simba border! That's great about the college kids and special needs kids. Takes a very special person.

Love your shirts. Have you seen Her Universe Dr. Who shirts? They are pretty great!

The bad news is that I just got a reminder of your thread, several pages late. The good news is that I thoroughly enjoyed them and maybe a tad bit more for having so much to read and look at.:)

I hope you do not mind but I snagged one of your castle pics for my collection.:cool1:

In my dream house I always wanted a huge closet with laundry in it so I could just hang up the clothes directly and have dressers to put the fold-able stuff in and it could be used as a dressing room also, right smack dab near all the bedrooms. Of course the linens would be there too. I are lazy.:goodvibes

I learned a tip about avoiding a double chin look in photographs. Instead of stretching your neck like a turtle you simply keep your chin level and stretch it forward. It worked on me way back when I had three chins.pixiedust:

Disney is family oriented and Main Street is the center of it all and without a butt grabbing or two there would not be families, or at least not as many.l:banana:

Just how did you ascertain that it was not the same horse as you had on your previous carriage ride? Did you check ID?:laughing:

I came up with a way to display my collection of Disney pins in my small condo. I have a boring valance in my kitchen and really wanted a bit of color so I am going to pin them on the valance. Adds color and makes it easy to see my memories.:scratchin

SG, who is greatly enjoying the ride and love those pictures!:lovestruc

Hi SG!:wave2: I don't mind you using one of my photos, that is the biggest compliment in the world.

Maybe if we ever get to build a home, I can have that full closet and laundry room in one. I miss the house we had in TX because it had built in cabinets for the linen with a dirty clothes hamper underneath. I think the builder actually listened to his wife when designing homes. :rotfl:

Ok, so you mentioned the double chin, please start informing photopass photographers of this, so this doesn't happen

:rotfl2:

And I knew it wasn't the same horse, unless Disney has magical horses that change colors. :rotfl:

What a great idea for displaying yours pins!

Love your photopass pics, especially the one on Splash....such a cute couple. So it sounds like EMH at Mk on Sun was somewhat uncrowded. We had considered going but changed our minds because my DS had a YES class early Mon. am and it was a little rainy (probably a bad decision).

I'm wondering if the path at AK was closed due to the damage/broken branch from the storm way back in April.:confused3

We have never been on Dinosaur. I showed my DS your photo cause he asked me once what the ride vehicles look like. He said; "I thought you said they had a kid my age? Where is he? That stinks that they would go to WDW without him." I told him your DS was at grandma's playing his new SW Kinect Xbox. He said "Awww he's so lucky!" :rotfl:

I hope Monday wasn't crowded for you. I know it doesn't matter while in the YES class, but afterwards since you get out about the time the crowds start. How did you like the class?

I hadn't heard about the branch falling, that may have been the problem.

The funny thing is, Jacob really doesn't care about not being at WDW. Wait for his pics, you will see a big difference in his expression at WDW and Legoland.

And yes, he is spoiled!:(

Love your pics and the photopass pics. I've never seen that simba border! That's great about the college kids and special needs kids. Takes a very special person.

Love your shirts. Have you seen Her Universe Dr. Who shirts? They are pretty great!

Yes, it does take a special person to take on the responsiblity.

I'll have to check out the Her Universe stuff.

Jonas and I went back to the resort for another nap. Once we woke up, the sky was dark once again and it wasn't due to the night. When we heard thunder, we realized the umbrellas were in the car. Now I am not one to use an umbrella in the park, but we weren't going to be in the park and we weren't going to be dressed for ponchos. So Jonas ran out to get the umbrellas before it rained...he didn't make it

Hmmm, is there suppose to be an iron in a Royal Suite? Shouldn't guests have a maid when royal guests.:rotfl2: Is there an iron in the Cinderella Suite in the castle?

We got dressed and went to the bus stop to wait for a DHS bus. We were headed to the Yachtsman.

Before getting on the boat to the Yachtsman, I had a great idea, lets get our pic all dressed up, so we headed into DHS

And in case you were wondering, yup more butt grabbing going on

The clouds and sun put on a great show, wish I had taken the DSLR this night

Maybe when Jacob gives us grandkids we will get to stay here

:rotfl2:

We ate at the Yachtsman Steakhouse when we were on the premium plan for our anniversary trip. It turned into our favorite restaurant, even liked it more than California Grill. This trip we did the same as previously, got there early and went in the bar for a drink. The only table open in the bar was next to this

Yup, we were having some beef for dinner!

Eventually we were seated in a little area with two tables side-by-side, but this time I had to sit in the chair looking at the booth Jonas was sitting in. It was still nice and relaxing.

Here's me

And here is Jonas

Here is our table

We had an older gentleman for our waiter, who quickly brought us out the bread

We had both forgotten about the roasted garlic they serve with it. It was so good.

We were really easy on the waiter, we both got the Ceasar Salad

And the Filet Mignon

Jonas always gets medium-well, while I get medium-rare.

And of course we got dessert, but decided to share and got the Flourless Chocolate Cake

This is still our favorite meal, so much so that I would almost skip the F&WF to go eat here instead. If we didn't have those one day park tickets for October, I would probably do it.

After the meal, Jonas mentioned taking a taxi. I thought why pay for a taxi, plus we had just spent almost $200 on a meal. I should have thought "What's another $12 after $200 on a meal." What I hadn't thought about was Fantasmic about to start and the line for the boat being so long. The first boat showed up but only had room for about 11 people. They promised another boat right away, same thing happened. Jonas is now mad that he has lost his buzz. And is starting to get loud about the wait. Which kills my mood. I thought we could stop at the bar at POR and have another drink, but mister I didn't get my way said it was too late. I think that if there hadn't been kids around I would have hit him. I think we did wait 45 minutes.:sad:

Finally got back to the hotel and just slept.

Next up, did I really change our breakfast to Tuesday at 7am...and I got up early enough to take pics of the resort before breakfast.

That grab picture is hilarious!! You both looked great in your dress up pics! The food looks good too. We've never eaten there. Maybe someday. We ate at the Captain's Grille for breakfast last week, but that's the closest we ever got to the steak house, lol.

I forget, where was your son during this time? With grandparents in Tampa or at Disney?

All caught up. I've had serious connection issues this week with my internet. Turns out I had no signal most days.

That dessert party looks like fun. I need to try it one day. I have never done Space Mountain. Then again I have never done Primeval Whirl, I get really sick on spinning rides, or Kali River Rapids. I don't trust the water proof bin and spend way too much money on my camera equipment. Maybe I'll try it once they open the lockers near it.

I love to wander the paths around the Tree of Life and don't think I have found that one yet. I don't remember seeing Kangaroos. I agree with a previous poster about the Do Not Enter sign. They lost a fairly nice size branch after a storm back in April.

Looking forward to more.

YAY for another ride on EE and a ride on Kali. I like the photos you took, especially of the family about to get drenched. I haven't seen that supercute Lion King border either.

I enjoy that secret path by the Tree of Life. I had forgotten about the huge branch that fell until the other poster mentioned it. ITTBAB was closed for several days after that happened.

Really smart idea to get some photo pass pictures in HS. Thanks for sharing your PP secret about the goosing. Really helps us to appreciate and understand your expressions.

I haven't dined at the Yachtsman- glad you have had great meals there. Too bad about the hassle returning to your resort.

Love the picture you have of the Beach Club from the boat. I hope you do stay there someday.

Whew, it's been a long time since I posted on this!! I was glad you guys got to ride EE twice -- that's ALWAYS a must-do for me! And you guys are hilarious together -- some of the best pictures of the two of you having a good time that I have ever seen. :goodvibes

I am embarrassed to say that how Jonas became after your dinner is something I, myself, might have done, after suggesting something that doesn't happen, and then having all that inconvenience, afterward. Just goes to show that alcohol and frustration don't mix! :crazy2:

So, that's where you got the XBox 360!! I wondered about that...

Really enjoying this!!

all caught up.

POR is so pretty.

I have yet to try Yachtsman but one day I will.

I love meltdowns at resorts in adults. Vinny has them. :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter