• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

9 Magic nights in Norway 6/20/2015

Hi all.....I'm coming out of my skin!!! We just booked and am so excited!!!
We are the Rutzler Family
Dad Gene
Mom Colleen
Daughters:
MaryAnn (7 almost 8 at sailing- her birthday is July 3)
MadaLynne (turns 6 five days before the cruise)
Yeah!!!!

Welcome!!!! Glad I'm not the only one going mad with excitement :rotfl2:

The wine crawl will definately be a go ahead....even if it's just me in my cabin with a bottle or two of wine :rotfl:

The wine crawl will definately be a go ahead....even if it's just me in my cabin with a bottle or two of wine :rotfl:

:woohoo:

on some of my other cruises, they organized a mixology class. We didn't attend I think the cost was around $15/person (like most of the tastings) and you got to make some pretty interesting drinks.

Hi, everyone!

We are a Norwegian couple who MIGHT be joining you on this cruise! We haven't decided on this cruise or "the other one" but we will know by end of June! :D :-)

Happy Sunday to everyone!

We are still here, even though I've been kind of quiet. We just got back from WDW Spring Break, planning Disneyland next month and just joined a group for an Oct cruise we booked to tide us over until next June. :-)

We would love to do a FE exchange, but we have kids so an adult only one wouldn't work for us. Hopefully there will be a group that involves family cabins, too?

My husband, who is in charge of this trip after I get us on the ship, has been researching Norway and Copenhagen and Germany for after our cruise. We're excited, but it is sooo far away yet ;;(.

We booked this cruise while on board the Fantasy in late March. DH isn't fully convinced, but this seems like a perfect Europe cruise for us with DD who will be just shy of 9 at cruise time. Very excited for this to work out!

We are still here, even though I've been kind of quiet. We just got back from WDW Spring Break, planning Disneyland next month and just joined a group for an Oct cruise we booked to tide us over until next June. :-) We would love to do a FE exchange, but we have kids so an adult only one wouldn't work for us. Hopefully there will be a group that involves family cabins, too? My husband, who is in charge of this trip after I get us on the ship, has been researching Norway and Copenhagen and Germany for after our cruise. We're excited, but it is sooo far away yet ;;(.

No problem about the FE, if there is an adults only, there will be a regular group too :)

Apologies for not checking in this week. Started a new job, I think it's a good fit - randomly on my first day I overhear the manager talking about disney cruise line! So random, especially here in Australia!

No problem about the FE, if there is an adults only, there will be a regular group too :) Apologies for not checking in this week. Started a new job, I think it's a good fit - randomly on my first day I overhear the manager talking about disney cruise line! So random, especially here in Australia!

Congrats on the new job, then :-).
Do you go to the Disney parks? That's a long trip to get to WDW, yes?

Do you go to the Disney parks? That's a long trip to get to WDW, yes?

Sure is! 15hr flight to LAX or Dallas, then the flight to Orlando. I try and do disney every 2 years at least. I'm lucky that I've been able to make it to DL or WDW every 18m or so over the past 6 years. I usually combine a cruise and a trip to Disney :) Got make it worth the flight....or that's the excuse i'm sticking to anyway :rotfl2:

Looking forward to future trips to Shanghai Disney and Hopefully Tokyo Disney as well - they are closer to home :)

Just made this a B2B! Yay! :banana: Will be doing the 7 night Northern European solo, then joining my two friends for the 9 night. Have never done a B2B but makes sense for me in this instance. Really interested in the Northern European ports and best way to see them in a short time. Will be nice to have the down time travelling solo before Norway because I'm hoping there will be some nice active excursions, Hiking and the like.

Just made this a B2B! Yay! :banana: Will be doing the 7 night Northern European solo, then joining my two friends for the 9 night. Have never done a B2B but makes sense for me in this instance. Really interested in the Northern European ports and best way to see them in a short time. Will be nice to have the down time travelling solo before Norway because I'm hoping there will be some nice active excursions, Hiking and the like.

Congratulations. Coming from my family with a first ever B2B scheduled with this cruise too, we understand your excitement. Ironically the N. ports is what started my interest in looking at DCL for 2015 but as the rumors of a Norway became fact we decided to focus on Norway and Iceland instead.

On our first ever cruise to the Med., our waiter told us that the N. Ports cruise was their best itinerary because all the action/destinations are right there at the port. No need to travel an hour or more to get somewhere first.

another idea is a mixology class! Someone on our last Disney cruise set it up-- there was a minimum number required, it was around $20 each, and we all met in a bar onboard the ship. We were shown how to make 5 drinks by the Disney bartender and were given a glass of each to try! It was great FUN and I'd do it again!!!!! :stir:

another idea for the FE group is just creating more than one list--- no more than 20 cabins on each list, first come first served... make sense? :goodvibes

another idea for the FE group is just creating more than one list--- no more than 20 cabins on each list, first come first served... make sense? :goodvibes

With the fact that we (and many others) are traveling such a long distance and it seems more than a few are doing B2B, 20 cabins sounds like a good number to top the FEs to me.
Sounds like we're not going to have a lot of time on the ship to deliver the gifts, with a port every day.

Hi DH and I are booked on this cruise and 11 night cruise. I want to do a b2b but DH is not on board yet :sad2:

I had to book both cruises since we are not sure if DH can get July 4th week of at work. If he can't we will go with this cruise. If he can we will go with the 11 night cruise

Unless I can wear him down by the PIF date!!!! ;)

Hi DH and I are booked on this cruise and 11 night cruise. I want to do a b2b but DH is not on board yet :sad2:

I had to book both cruises since we are not sure if DH can get July 4th week of at work. If he can't we will go with this cruise. If he can we will go with the 11 night cruise

Unless I can wear him down by the PIF date!!!! ;)

Good luck on the B2B and welcome.

We signed up on Day one, but I forgot to sign up of for this cruise meet thread. We are signed up for the B2B (9 +11)too. I'm really hoping we can do both. There are four of us, myself, DH, DD 20 and DD 17. I recognize a few names. How exciting!

I made our reservation back in May for this cruise when I first saw it. Cruising will be me (Eric), my two daughters (12 and 10), and my mom - her ancestors hail from Norway. My mom and I have been wanting to see Norway for quite a while and this looked like a perfect opportunity, plus a great trip for my kids. Also looking forward to Copenhagen where my grandfather is from. We'll be flying from Minneapolis, MN and will have a full day for sightseeing the day before we cruise. We're looking forward to being on the reimagined Magic.

Thanks for the thread from Booger73. That is most helpful. I'll be using that info for planning.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter