9/24/09 3 Day Wonder - Cruise Meets, and FEs, and Goombays oh my!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, that's crazy! I'm glad there were no people on it at the time! That would be super scary.

yeah they would have been hurt really bad if anyone had been on it. Well i have read my birbaums guide now i am even more ready to go and there were a couple of things i learned it was about some of the new resteraunts. I really wish the TRex one was on the dining plan the pictures of its food on one of the boards makes me want to eat there.

The TRex restaurant is fab! It's the same people that own Rainforest but the food is better. If you get a chance to stop by, you should. I know it's not on the dining plan but stop in for an appetizer or dessert at least!
We're getting in another shipment of the Birnbaum DCL books next week so I'll try to snag one and send you a copy!

We may have to stop by there when we eat at planet hollywood and get some dessert there is always room for dessert. ;) Thank you so much if you dont have any extra ones it is ok

They have this HUGE dessert, its these ridiculously big pieces of brownie, leaning against each other so it's shaped like a volcano. Then there's ice cream piled in the middle to look like its erupting and sparklers around it. We wanted to get it but it's so big and we were so stuffed, there was no way. It's a meal in itself!

I don't like chocolate that much but it really sounds good i told my DFi about it and he said we may have to stop in and have one even if it is togo (if they have it) and we have to take it back to the room and eat it later that night. I am so gonna be sick when we get back but i usually am whenever we go to disney no matter how much i try to restrain myself from overeating it never works:rotfl2: but its a vacation and its my honeymoon so i am allowed to overeat. I am gonna be so ready for the trip by the time it gets here trying to get all of our info together, planning the wedding, trying to find a house, and getting all the clothes that we need for the trip. :rolleyes2 I am gonna need the trip along with a big DRINK!!!!

I'll meet you on the pool deck for a big drink! How about a strawberry margarita? :drinking1

I tried to find a picture of that dessert but had no luck! It's called the Chocolate Extinction. I think I may take my own advice and stop in there for dessert!

we will def. need to meet on the pool deck and have a drink, unfortunatly i can't handle margaritas (atleast my body doesn't like tequila) i had one at epcot and i was in pain the rest of the day i guess my body prefers vodka and rum so i will see if they can make me a goombay smash:worship: ( coconut rum, dark rum, clear rum, and pineapple juice) it is a drink my aunt found while they were in the bahamas on their boat and i have loved it ever since but it is never on any drink menu i always have to ask them to make it special. i found the menu for the TRex reseraunt and i saw the dessert and we will most def stop by there and get one.

That drink sounds good to me! Anything involving pineapple juice is my friend! So I guess tequila shots are out for you? :rotfl: Have you ever had a washington apple shot?? So yummy!

Yeah they are out for me but you can do the tequila shots and i will do vodka shots :cool1: nope i have never had one of those may have to try one on the trip. yeah goombay is great but you dont realize how much liquor you are drinking until you try to stand up quite a few of my friends fell on there behinds after having one too many. :rotfl2:

They may not know how to make it (a lot of bartenders have no idea what it is) so just for reference: Crown Royal, Apple Pucker, and a splash of cranberry. Really good!!

no one ever knows how to make my drink either they look at me funny when i ask for a Goobay Smash so i always have to tell them how to make it however i am use to making it in a large amount so i am use to using 1 cup each of clear and coconut rum and 1/2 cup of dark rum and a large can of pineapple juice (all the girls in my family love it so we always make it in a big batch)

Can you make a big batch and bring it on the boat somehow? Me, you, and our boys could all meet up for a drink! :) It's going to be funny if you go up to a bartender and ask for that and then like, 5 minutes later I go up and ask for it. They're going to think it's some kind of trick or test.

Yeah they will think so we have a "secret cruiser" like stores have secret shoppers. :rotfl: :rotfl: I would love to make a big batch but i think they would have a problem with that much liquid in my bag :rotfl2: we always make it in a giant bubba keg with a tap on the side(they sell them at walmart or as we call it the "Dallas Mall" man we r redneck :rotfl2: ) and we have a great time drinking an d playing a dice game we found on the internet called farkel it is great well it is great after a couple of drinks. :thumbsup2

Have you read on the boards that you can bring your own drinks on board as long as it's a rolling cooler and can fit through the security machine on the belt? The only thing that check is that there is no ice in it. I think we may try to bring a couple bottles of wine or something on board with us. I know people haven't had a problem with it but knowing my luck, I will! :rotfl:

Well since we are flying i don't think that we will bring any drinks. Plus i know that we will already be paying for an extra bag so i think i will just have to hope that i get a bartender that has no problem making the drink.

Sounds good to me. :thumbsup2 I am so glad me and my DFi have decided to stay on the ship when we get to Nassau b/c i think he will be tired from the parks i on the other hand am use to them but i think i may tire him out :lmao: but that will give us a chance to enjoy our veranda since i have never had one before. :woohoo:

We're either going to stay on the boat in Nassau or book the Aquaventure excursion. I've been to Nassau before but have never seen Atlantis and the waterpark looks awesome!! But its on the pricey side so we're not sure yet...

Hello!! My DH and I are also going on this cruise, it is for our 5th Wedding Anniversary! I will be spending a week at (Gasp!) Universal first for my work conference, going on the cruise, and then joining DH's family at Saratoga Springs for a week of free dining (we booked a bounceback last year). This will be our first cruise, and I'm super excited! DH thinks that he will be bored, but I'm not worried about that at all since it seems like there is so much to do!

In Nassau, I don't think we will get off the ship as I have heard some not so good reviews from people that have gotten off there. We might possibly go to Atlantis, but it seems very expensive, and I would really like to relax between my work conference (though i'm sure there will be some time for fun at Universal!) and the week long vacation at Disney. I LOVE Disney, but DH's family goes practically commando style, and it does get tiring after a few days...

Anyways, I thought I would just chime in since we will be joining you on the cruise!! Only 245 days left!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter