9/24/09 3 Day Wonder - Cruise Meets, and FEs, and Goombays oh my!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was warm here for Christmas too, but "warm" for us in December is the upper 40s. Anything close to 50 during the winter is warm!

I've been watching the Disney cruise DVD and looking at people's trip reports on here. I love reading everyone else's stories and looking at their pictures. We also have a book here in the TA that's all about the cruise line so I've been reading that too! It's been slow....:rolleyes1

I just bought my 2009 Birnbaums guide to WDW although i already know all of the secrets it is a family thing my stepmom has all of the guides so since i am getting married i am starting my own "library" now i just need the 2009 Birnbaums DCL Guide. my family is got me some disney christmas decorations for my house next year: i got a wooden sculpture of mickey and an eeyore that looks like a deer with bells on. Did you have a good New Years? Mine was good but it was weird being an hour behind so everyone else in my family was calling me when it was midnight there but it was only eleven here.

Happy new year! I had a good one, it was very lowkey though. I was just hanging out with my family and playing Rock Band with my nephew. We ate a lot of food! It was a good time :)
We have the Birnbaum guides here! I can send you a copy of the DCL one ;)

I would love it if you had an extra one :love: I had a good new years we were here at my aunts and we played pool (i lost ALOT!!) :sad2: but it was fun i can't play rockband i am talent challenged (except for disney trivia of course ;) ) Here is my address if you have an extra birnbaums guide for DCL laying around
Lainey Neal
239 Water Oak Way
Dallas, Ga 30157

I'll see if we have any extras in the stock room. I've been reading it here and there since it's been so sloooow. I'll let you know when I can get it out to you.

We played Rock Band on easy so it wasn't very hard! You could always be the singer if you can't play the instruments. The drums were the best but it was hard to get on them because my 10 yr old nephew was hogging them!!!

Thank you so much! If i tried to sing i think everyone would leave the room i can't carry a tune in a bucket. My DFi on the other hand can sing and play the guitar he is very talented i am just good at makeing people laugh. I have been reading the WDW guide ever since i got it there are a few new additions since they have added and changed a few resteraunts. We are finishing up our passport paperwork and will hopefully have it finished before march.

That's one thing I need to do: get a passport! I don't think it takes very long to get them anymore so I should be safe if I wait a couple months. I just have to make sure I don't keep putting it off because it's something I definitely need.

I can't sing either! I can stay in tune but my voice is nothing to write home about! :) Though I did a mean cover of 'Whatcha Want' by the Beastie Boys. I had my sister in hysterics!

i know that the cruise line has to have out passport number by i think the end of may i read that somewhere in the DCL paperwork. I am just doing it this early so that i have one less thing to worry about since i know the next few months are going to be crazy with planning the wedding. Travel Channel had the DCL featured on New Years Eve so i watched it it is cool that i can point out our room on the Wonder. :lmao: or maybe that is sad. I found a website where this lady had actually stayed in the same stateroom that we are staying in and i showed my DFi the pictures he didn't realize how large the rooms are.

I found a site that gave a review of our stateroom too. It's mid-ship, near the elevators, and in a very quiet area. Which deck are you on? We're on 7. I think I've seen the DCL special before. Was it with Samantha Brown? She seems to do everything related with Disney. I would love to have her job!!

I'll have to get on top of the passport thing!!

we are on deck 7 also our statroom number is 7628. the special wasn't with samatha is was just one showing the cruise line and them also building the Magic. i have seen all of Samathas specials i would die to have her job!! My family keeps telling me that i need to go work for a TA or for Disney since i plan all of their trips to the world and book them. :rotfl: Then the travel channel had the criusing dos and don't special on and i had to watch it eventhough i know all the dos and donts.

I work in a TA. You could come work with me, the only thing you'd have to do is move to Jersey! ;) We're in 7567, right smack in the middle of the ship it seems! It's funny we ended up on the same deck.

I just found out Space Mountain is scheduled to be closed while we're down there. :( I had a feeling it would be so last time I was there we went on it 3 times!

I would love to work dealing with disney all the time that would be great but my DFi has to stay with the RR for 35 Years for him to retire and with their benefits it is worth the time. That is cool that we are on the same deck and pretty close to each other yeah i was reading the allears webpage and saw it but i am use to big rides being closed when i go last time i went the pirates of the carib. was closed to add jack and barbosa so i was really mad and since my DFi hasn't been since he was 3 i really wanted him to be able to ride everything but i guess this means we will just have to go again after our honeymoon :thumbsup2

I'm keeping my fingers crossed it will be open again by the time we're there. It says 'late 2009' and I read somewhere that the time frame could mean late September/Early October. So maybe we'll luck out! If it is being worked on, I will definitely get on the TTA and check it out. Rare opporunity to see SM with the lights on!

Last time I went, Splash Mountain was closed. It looked SO WEIRD because there was no water coming down the hill and you could see people inside working on it!

I have seen space mountain with the lights on it looked so wierd and i also saw splash mountain without water on it and it also looked wierd without water and without anyone riding it. I am just glad i can finally ride the pirates of the caribbean since i haven't ridden it since 2004 so it has been a while. My DFi thinks its funny that i have planned out what days we will go to which parks and how we are gonna do the rides he says that i have been so much that i know which order to do the rides at MK in so that you have the shortest wait time. Not that the wait time bothers me i have always had to stand in line for a while especially the Peter Pan ride i swear no matter when i go it always has a long line.

I've been on POTC since the refurb and it's awesome! Jack Sparrow looks SO lifelike. I swear I thought he was going to jump on our boat. Not that I would have minded ;) And I agree with you completely about Peter Pan. Why on earth is there always a 60 min wait for it? I don't understand!! The other dark ride lines don't get that long. So what's up??

I have no clue why that ride has a long line all the time i mean it is cute but i would have thought that the "mountains" would have longer lines. Atleast one time we got a show while we were waiting to get on the ride and it was from a parent putting their child in one of the boats you know that the conveor belt continually moves well this lady i guess didn't get it she threw her daughter into the boat and stood there like she didn't know how to get in or if she wanted to finally she jumped in but the bar was already coming down so as the boat rounded the corner to start the ride you could see her feet sticking out the side of the boat. :rotfl: :rotfl: i told my stepmom that it was a true kodak moment and i whish that i had taken a picture of it. Only on trips with my family does crazy stuff happen.

:rotfl: I guess some people just don't get it. I don't know why it has such a long line. I guess the loading takes longer but it really shouldn't because it moves non-stop on the conveyer. The haunted mansion has the same type of loading situation and that rarely ever has a long line. And that even has the stretching room before you board! I never go on Peter Pan unless I get a fastpass because it just is not worth an hour wait!!

yeah i always either fast pass it or ride it during EMH which even then it still has a pretty long line. Yeah the haunted mansion never really has a long line and i like that ride better than peter pan. I hope while they are refurbing SM they fix the cars yet again my family had a crazy thing happen we were riding it we finished and when they told us to stand up and exit the ride my stepmom bearly stood up and sat back down they said "miss you have to get off the ride please" she said you don't understand I CAN'T!! sure enough her fanny pack had been slightly unzipped and while we were riding the ride it zipped her to the SEAT!! :lmao: they had to take the car into the bay where they work on them to get her out yet again a kodak moment and i didn't have a camera.

Well, I know if anything crazy like that ever happens while I'm in line for a ride, it'll be you and your family! :rotfl: It seems like it only happens to you guys! I'll keep an eye out for any mishaps from you and your future hubby. ;)

well it seems that it only happens when we go with my stepmom and dad on vacation the bad luck for problems follows them. i found a board on here that said that the gangway leading from the ship to the terminal fell into the water in november around thanksgiving they said it was b/c many of the mooring lines attaching the ship to the dock snapped so the gangway for people and luggage fell into the water and it was while they were boarding people but luckily no one was on it They are still fixing it b/c i think it pulled the cables out of the concrete at the terminal. I have never been on a ship where the wind was blowing that bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter