• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

9/12 great article ! Who am I to say no to going to WDW?

Great trip report ... the big jenga game looked like a lot of fun. Love all the pics around the Comtemporary. Your children are just adorable. :goodvibes

The monorail accident was very sad. I agree only good things are supposed to happen at Disney.

What a great update! I had no idea a lot of the resorts had so many activities for the kids!! I knew there were a few games at POP but still you could make an entire evening out of it! Of course I was bummed for you that a lot of the activities got washed out...no fun to that...but you guys definitely did make the most of it!!!!

I too am another person very saddened to hear about the monorail accident. My prayers are with the driver's family and friends as they deal with this difficult time.

Wow, now I REALLY want to stay at the Contemporary! What a fun place to be! I wonder if they have the activities year round. I might need to do some investigating....

just caught up with your updates---great pictures you took!!!
I was so saddened to hear about the monorail accident as well:grouphug:

Loved those updates....I love being able to live vicariously through your Contemporary stay!!!! How wonderful!!! That breakfast sure does look good!!! I'll keep that in the back of my mind for sure!!! So glad your Mom and Dad got there safe and sound!!!! Can't wait to see what is up for you all in EPCOT!

Read your latest update - excellent pics of your kids. What a nice afternoon/evening at the contemporary. I have always wanted to stay there. To me it just says retro Disney.

I,too, was very saddened when I read about the monorail accident. Very tragic. The video I saw was very disturbing. It must be particularly hard for people who are staying or have recently stayed at a monorail resort.

Notice my signature... we did decide to buy DVC! Animal Kingdom is our home resort, and we are excited to stay there and start even more great Disney memories!

we must have missed the tatoos, which was fine because quickly the kids got involved in the Jenga

IMG_0221.jpg

That looks like so much fun!! :goodvibes So sorry the thunderstorm spoiled the evening's activities... and wow!! Congratulations on DVC, neighbor!! :banana::woohoo::cool1:

Kathy

I am only on 105 I am trying to catch up, but wanted to at least say I totally love your updates from the room door to the Ohana breakfast, I LOVE LOVE LOVE the contemporary, but that is just me. We had booked ADRs at the Contemporary strategically to get to MK in our car without trouble, but have not stayed there since 2000.... Pool looks awesome!!!
WHAT a great set of photos! And all your goodies from World of Disney wow!! I am also so excited for you with the AK DVC purchase!!! Great great news!!!! How cool!!! :goodvibes

Okay back to reading!! :surfweb:

On a more somber note -- you are right, it was really sad about the monorail accident. We were at the MK and Contemporary on the 5th, and we thought to take the monorail to the park and saw the "closed" sign -- then another guest told us what happened while we were riding the elevator. :sad2:

I was a bit behind-as usual! I enjoyed all your updates-all the activies at the pool sound like a blast, too bad some were cancelled! But, now that you are DVC you KNOW you'll be back - and you can stay at BLT to take advantage! :banana: And I have to say "HIYA NEIGHBOR!" Congratulations!

What made you choose AKV over BLT?

Just letting you know I'm here... got some catching up to do... but I'm here!!

Kathy

We all get behind... especially when we are planning a Disney party!

Great trip report ... the big jenga game looked like a lot of fun. Love all the pics around the Comtemporary. Your children are just adorable. :goodvibes

The monorail accident was very sad. I agree only good things are supposed to happen at Disney.

The Jenga was fun. We have a normal size set at home we will be getting out soon.

What a great update! I had no idea a lot of the resorts had so many activities for the kids!! I knew there were a few games at POP but still you could make an entire evening out of it! Of course I was bummed for you that a lot of the activities got washed out...no fun to that...but you guys definitely did make the most of it!!!!

I too am another person very saddened to hear about the monorail accident. My prayers are with the driver's family and friends as they deal with this difficult time.

I wish the resorts shared this more with guests before they come. My kids love to do that kind of stuff... and I would pick resorts accordingly.

Wow, now I REALLY want to stay at the Contemporary! What a fun place to be! I wonder if they have the activities year round. I might need to do some investigating....

It is a hard thing to find.... let me know if you have any success.

just caught up with your updates---great pictures you took!!!
I was so saddened to hear about the monorail accident as well:grouphug:

I read it is back up and running... I wonder if you can ride in front?

Loved those updates....I love being able to live vicariously through your Contemporary stay!!!! How wonderful!!! That breakfast sure does look good!!! I'll keep that in the back of my mind for sure!!! So glad your Mom and Dad got there safe and sound!!!! Can't wait to see what is up for you all in EPCOT!

It was a great day, and a great breakfast. EPCOT was fun though... coming up soon.

Read your latest update - excellent pics of your kids. What a nice afternoon/evening at the contemporary. I have always wanted to stay there. To me it just says retro Disney.

I,too, was very saddened when I read about the monorail accident. Very tragic. The video I saw was very disturbing. It must be particularly hard for people who are staying or have recently stayed at a monorail resort.

I am just thankful it did not happen at a resort station... or when the monorails are packed.

That looks like so much fun!! :goodvibes So sorry the thunderstorm spoiled the evening's activities... and wow!! Congratulations on DVC, neighbor!! :banana::woohoo::cool1:

Kathy

Where do you all own? I am expecting tons of pics this fall from you....

I am only on 105 I am trying to catch up, but wanted to at least say I totally love your updates from the room door to the Ohana breakfast, I LOVE LOVE LOVE the contemporary, but that is just me. We had booked ADRs at the Contemporary strategically to get to MK in our car without trouble, but have not stayed there since 2000.... Pool looks awesome!!!
WHAT a great set of photos! And all your goodies from World of Disney wow!! I am also so excited for you with the AK DVC purchase!!! Great great news!!!! How cool!!! :goodvibes

Okay back to reading!! :surfweb:

I can't believe you are back... I can't wait to hear about your trip.

On a more somber note -- you are right, it was really sad about the monorail accident. We were at the MK and Contemporary on the 5th, and we thought to take the monorail to the park and saw the "closed" sign -- then another guest told us what happened while we were riding the elevator. :sad2:

Ugg... how crazy to hear about it like that. Probably lots of WDW guest never knew or heard till returning home.

I was a bit behind-as usual! I enjoyed all your updates-all the activies at the pool sound like a blast, too bad some were cancelled! But, now that you are DVC you KNOW you'll be back - and you can stay at BLT to take advantage! :banana: And I have to say "HIYA NEIGHBOR!" Congratulations!

What made you choose AKV over BLT?

Do you have a day---- we went back and forth, were divided, almost changed, DH tried to change at the last moment.... but honestly we fit in the 1 bedroom as a family of five only at the two resorts. It is less points at AKV, so that was my deciding factor. I do not want to not fit at our home resort, nor do I want to be point poor and have short trips.

I would like to do an add on, I'm feeling point poor, I love that term...

I guess I should watch saying that... since we still have not gotten our packet (I was hoping for it today). But it is hard to be point poor when a month ago I thought DVC was not a possible thing for us right now.

I guess I should watch saying that... since we still have not gotten our packet (I was hoping for it today). But it is hard to be point poor when a month ago I thought DVC was not a possible thing for us right now.

I couldn't believe when Marc started figuring what our last trip would have cost at rack rate...$6,000 (BCV 1br 10 nights and SSR studio 3 nights). Our December trip would have cost $9,500 (Kidani 2br 5 nights). We would have never spent that kind of money for a resort stay but with DVC it's possible.
I guess it's all about the Deluxe resorts and we are hooked now. If I had to move to a moderate over a weekend I would consider to lengthen our stay too.

:) I am interested to hear about your thoughts and decisions since we are now a family of 5 too. I've kind of looked into the cost but don;t see the funds there right now.

I couldn't believe when Marc started figuring what our last trip would have cost at rack rate...$6,000 (BCV 1br 10 nights and SSR studio 3 nights). Our December trip would have cost $9,500 (Kidani 2br 5 nights). We would have never spent that kind of money for a resort stay but with DVC it's possible.
I guess it's all about the Deluxe resorts and we are hooked now. If I had to move to a moderate over a weekend I would consider to lengthen our stay too.

That is the numbers I want to see. I doubt we would be able to stand a single hotel room for much longer. I do think we will probably do some regular hotel nights on the front end of trips though. I do love some of the hotels...

:) I am interested to hear about your thoughts and decisions since we are now a family of 5 too. I've kind of looked into the cost but don;t see the funds there right now.

The funds... the not fun part. We got our big box in the mail today... I just looked at the brochure fun stuff, not the $$$ and offical documents, those are later.

I am drained. Swim lessons, water park and just tired. I hope to get the girls squared away early and then get the EPCOT update at least started.. sorry!

Hi Laura! I am slowly but surely catching up! Congrats again on the DVC purchase! I am so happy for you! LOVED the updates especially the one of you and Luke and your peaceful morning on that patio:lovestruc What a gorgeous view and pictures too! LOVED your Ohana pictures, we loved our meal there too. Funny, our leis were yellow and they left so many yellow little strings all over our clothes! How nice that you had just that short trip over to the Poly!:thumbsup2 The girls looked like they had a BLAST at the pool and that Jenga game looked so fun!! Sorry the rain ruined some of your plans! That monorail accident was HORRIBLE. The next morningwe walked into Epcot and I thought it was strange that we didn't see one and then at lunch I found out about, it was very creepy! We had just been on it on 7/3 and they were PACKED full of people and I was seperated from Bryan. Looking back that was NOT a good feeling!:sad2: I am looking forward to your next installment!:goodvibes

Where do you all own? I am expecting tons of pics this fall from you....

I would like to do an add on, I'm feeling point poor, I love that term...

I prefer "point-challenged" myself... ;)

We own at Saratoga Springs... not my fav, but back in 2005 they were just finishing phase I and we really wanted to buy DVC at that particular time.

We stayed there once and are now trying to stay at least once at each DVC!!

Now that Pleasure Island is defunct, there isn't as much of a draw being across from DTD...

Kathy

We got our big box in the mail today... I just looked at the brochure fun stuff, not the $$$ and offical documents, those are later.

Okay, when you get a chance, let me live vicariously through you -- what does the box look like? Is it a standard Fed Ex box? What all do you get in it? Is there lots of fun stuff? :goodvibes

Thursday, June 18th

Let the vacation begin! Our package was to start today, so we were beginning our seven days of the Dining plan and park hoppers!

I had called the day before to check with the bellmen about moving our luggage. I told them I hoped to be on the monorail at 8, so when should I call... they said to give forty minutes. That was worse case to get to our room, load and mark the bags. He assured me it normally is not that long, but he wanted me to allow enough time. Doug and my dad headed via car to CSR at 7:15. They were checking in and getting our keys to the world cards and my parents with their tickets on them.

I called about 7:20 the kids were finishing their breakfast cereal and were bouncing with excitement to hit a park. The super bellman came, loaded our 14 items (we had them moving more of our stuff that my parents had brought along with some of their things that we did not want in the car). He was super nice, triple counted and we tipped him royally...and our luggage was supposed to be at CSR between 1 and 4.... so no problem- right?

So off we were to the main building, filled our mugs and we took the monorail to the TTC and then onto EPCOT. Super fun, super fast way ... infact as Doug texted me....they were there already too. So we met them at the front of a turnstile... we were there almost an hour early. So we walked around, sunscreened up...

IMG_0235.jpg

and waited. It went fast, but we were there too early...I had no idea we would get there so fast and hit the monorails so perfectly!

IMG_0236.jpg

DH went to get the stroller as we got through the turnstile. Emily went with him, and guess who we saw, with no one waiting or with her.. Daisy, Emily's favorite. So Hannah saw her quick... I felt terrible, since we tried hard last trip to find Daisy to no avail, and we see her first thing before the park opens at the left side of Spaceship Earth!

IMG_0238.jpg

IMG_0237.jpg

We met back up with DH and headed to the front and saw some more friends as they got the opening of EPCOT ceremony underway!

IMG_0240.jpg

As the rope dropped we headed to Character Connection, what else! DH went to get our FPs for Soarin' my parents were super excited to be back on that ride!

Somehow a family got in front of us... we were the first ones in, but the mom pushed ahead, oh well.... so no group character photo this year.

But we did get some good ones...

IMG_0243.jpg

IMG_0245.jpg

Notice it took Grandma for Em to join...

IMG_0247.jpg

Pluto tried to make a friend..
IMG_0248.jpg

IMG_0249.jpg

As did Minnie....
IMG_0250.jpg

IMG_0251.jpg

IMG_0253.jpg

There are some great pics of Luke on the photopass card with Minnie... I will share them when I get the disk.

We then met DH right outside and headed to the Living Seas with Nemo and Friends. This was a big hit.... Emily loved this ride this year, Luke loved it too. My problem is the long cue... which we cut around the corner to miss it the second time we rode.

Then we wandered around the Seas..
IMG_0256.jpg

IMG_0257.jpg

and we headed in to the first Turtle Talk with Crush!

Except Crush had technical difficulties... boo! So as we exited the Seas the family minus Luke and I headed to Journey to Imagination. I took Luke for a diaper change and to get FPs for Test Track. We were then planning to meet back at Soarin!

So Luke and I cut back toward the bathrooms behind Character Connection to see....

Max!

IMG_0260.jpg

He was just in the hallway! We changed diapers, walked through Mousegears for some browsing, and got our FPs. Then I took Luke to the Seasons Foodcourt for a bottle. He was a ready... and once DH and the family got down there we were off to Soarin- my parents, Hannah and I! The rest of the gang went on the Land Boatride!

Soarin was well fantastic! My parents both love that ride too, so we grabbed some more FPs for later. Hannah liked it this time so that was great too!

After that we cut through the Character Connection....and Max was still out. So it was the girls turn!

IMG_0262.jpg

We then went to taste some of the Cokes from around the World. We were awfully hot and some of them hit the spot! I spared all my family from the Beverly!

We decided to go on to World Showcase, it was just a tad past 11.... so off to Mexico!

IMG_0263.jpg

And Emily got to see her beloved Donald's boatride! We rode it twice, and Luke was getting tired as was Emily.... so my mom was going to sit with them in the strollers in hopes of a quick nap, while the rest of us rode on the Norway boatride....my dad stayed for the movie but DH, Hannah and I slid out! DH went to check on Grandma and the kids...

Hannah and I then visited China,

IMG_0264.jpg

we hoped to catch Mulan... which we did!

IMG_0265.jpg

She was fantastic... they chatted away!

IMG_0267.jpg

As we went to check on Grandma we decided to move on... the girls did some mask decorating at Norway

IMG_0269.jpg

and then Em had to meet Mulan too.

IMG_0270.jpg

It was a beautiful day. WS was pretty empty since it had just opened. We had lots of time to spare until our 3:15 reservation in Italy.... so we were going to leisurely explore the countries and see who we might meet. Then mom saw who was out.....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter