8/17/08 Captain Jack's Repossession Repo Cruise to PC thru TPC Part 15

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got a few minutes to check-in.

Royals scored 4 runs in the top of the 5th inning and the Yankees scored 1 run in the bottom of the 5th inning.

Yankees now lead by the score of 7-6, the Royals are giving the Yankees a run for their money today. The DIS'ers are getting to see a good game by the looks of it.

I will try to check back in before we leave for dinner.

Everyone have a great Saturday!
I will be taking DD'd and their best friend to 6 Flags for the day. An annual tradition that we always enjoy.

Do y'all have season passes? We do. If you want to meet sometime let me know --- I won't go when it's a 100.....Obviously you will. ;)

Jeff ,

I wasnt going anywhere with the statement , but to Thank Tom on his suggestion on keeping third Parties off the board in concerns to the Panama Tax . Yes we all know that YOU are mad about the Tax as well as some others we get that and understand it. If you wanna go on a personal mission on this great , but please outside of DCL anything else doesnt need to be brought to this board ie Third Parties . I understand that your unhappy and if your that unhappy and feel that DCL has done such a bad injustice dont be a patron of thiers and cancel your reservation for this trip , Oh wait didnt you say you already did that once or was that twice ??? Anyway good luck in your venture I am sure we will ALL hear about it .

pirate:

I heard that things have changed a lot, there was a recent blow out, many people left this thread, and some are concerned about the thread closing. Since I was away I was not part of any of that.

My family was interested in canceling based on the abusive nature of certain individuals on this thread, but I decided instead to take a break from the DIS and this unwarranted abuse.

In regard to "third parties" I was not the first to mention writing to newspapers to potentially get additional help resolving the taxation issue, but for some reason people are singling me out and not the others that wrote the same.

Trying to galvanize a group and writing to a newspaper is not a crime and I don't understand the harsh backlash, but then again I wasn't around earlier when this thread was having some major issues so as opposed to being sarcastic perhaps you could explain.

In reality I am not being abusive to others on this thread, but trying get folks together for a common cause. As the saying goes, "no good deed goes unpunished".

I've decided there is no way I am going to carch up with reading this board.... I hope to have a little time to read this week -- I know I'll have more time then I've had for the last 2 months but, then I am going out of town and won't be online at all..... Oh well. :)

I hope everyone is doing great!

The new tax -- our extra is $500 but, considering what we spent onboard on the 10 nt.... it's nothing! :rotfl: :rotfl: For this cruise our older dd isn't going (she will be married by then) and I'm just going to pretend that was the charge for her phone calls & internet access from the ship.....:rotfl2: She was on the 10nt with us and her fiance was at home...... And this trip there will be two less drinkers (oldest dd & oldest ds) so, that will cut down on the bar tab...... :lmao:
But, if we don't get our Cat 1 that we are waiting for I will have to pay for all the water I drink....... :scared1: That will add up after 15 days!!!

I'm hoping that we can ship some things ahead of time --like we do when we sail out of PC.

Yankees score 4 more runs in the bottom of the 6th inning, they now lead the Royals 11-6.

Sad to say, this will be the end of my reporting, My Lady decided she wanted to go the Olive Garden so we are on our way out the door. I was following the game on Yahoo! Sports.

I know our fellow DIS'er pirate:'s must be having a GREAT time at the game.......:thumbsup2

:wave: Bye All :wave:

I have to agree with Todd and Tom. I see now what it is that has everyone's panties in a wad....and I understand the total disappointment with DCL. But.....this is the DIS Board. It's a place to get together with others and enjoy some time getting to know eachother before a cruise, plan for it, and have fun. It's definitely NOT the place to stage a coup.

I don't think anyone here wants this thread shut down but I do think one sure way to have that happen is to start bashing Disney, it's affliates, and it's employees....and to announce your intention to rally a crowd to get media attention.

Jeff, you were one of the first to say that you only wanted a peaceful place to get excited about the cruise. What changed?

Glad to see you on the thread Stace; I was begining to think you left too.

I do want a peaceful place to chat, but none of us were fighting on this thread. Quite a few of us from both Panama threads were trying to find ways to resolve this taxation issue including taking it to the next level by writing to the newspapers which I thought was a good idea. I guess I don't understand why fighting for a common cause on this thread is a bad thing.

Maybe people need to fill me in what happened on this thread? Why it has been stated by others via PM that there was a major blow-out recently, quite a few left, and why everybody is overly sensitive about the thread closing.

I've decided there is no way I am going to carch up with reading this board.... I hope to have a little time to read this week -- I know I'll have more time then I've had for the last 2 months but, then I am going out of town and won't be online at all..... Oh well. :)

I hope everyone is doing great!

The new tax -- our extra is $500 but, considering what we spent onboard on the 10 nt.... it's nothing! :rotfl: :rotfl: For this cruise our older dd isn't going (she will be married by then) and I'm just going to pretend that was the charge for her phone calls & internet access from the ship.....:rotfl2: She was on the 10nt with us and her fiance was at home...... And this trip there will be two less drinkers (oldest dd & oldest ds) so, that will cut down on the bar tab...... :lmao:
But, if we don't get our Cat 1 that we are waiting for I will have to pay for all the water I drink....... :scared1: That will add up after 15 days!!!

I'm hoping that we can ship some things ahead of time --like we do when we sail out of PC.

I think they were able to ship things out to San Pedro. If someone from the 05 repo has the info please feel free to step in.

The Yankees GAme must be a tremendous mini meet. Jealous I'm not there

Hello Everyone :)
I have only been able to skim here and there. Some bad things happening here, such as life it will get better. On a lighter note.........thought I would share some of Dante's wardrobe. Since we saw so many cute Harley pics.
DSCF0701.jpg

Dante011.jpg

Dante007.jpg

Dante004.jpg

Glad to see you on the thread Stace; I was begining to think you left too.

I do want a peaceful place to chat, but none of us were fighting on this thread. Quite a few of us from both Panama threads were trying to find ways to resolve this taxation issue including taking it to the next level by writing to the newspapers which I thought was a good idea. I guess I don't understand why fighting for a common cause on this thread is a bad thing.

Maybe people need to fill me in what happened on this thread? Why it has been stated by others via PM that there was a major blow-out recently, quite a few left, and why everybody is overly sensitive about the thread closing.

I'm going to answer for myself, and only myself. I couldn't begin to answer for anyone else, and I don't want anyone to think that I'm trying to. So that means I can't answer 100%....some of my thoughts would only be conjecture.

I don't think I'm overly sensitive about worrying that the thread might get closed. I just want to do my part to make sure that it doesn't. I wouldn't want to see anyone's cruise thread get shut down.
And I guess I was thinking that if we publicly discuss a letter-writing campaign or an attempt to get media attention negatively toward Disney....I don't know....it just didn't feel right to me. Granted, it also doesn't feel right if it's true that DCL is making thousands and thousands of dollars more off of us than another cruise line would....but let's face it, they've been doing that for years, and we still keep coming back.
I also understand that the "blanket" e-mail response that some have received from DCL is kind of stinky.....but honestly, what did you (meaning anyone who got that e-mail) expect? Did anyone honestly think that they were going to truly accomplish something when they complained?
I'm not the brightest crayon in the box, but even I know that you just can't fight city hall. Or major corporations. As an individual, I have a choice....I can either suck it up, or move on. I also realize that, as an individual, you have the right to take it as far as you want to take it. But....speaking only for myself....I was only saying to you last night that if you DO choose to go that route, I wish you'd send people PMs or e-mails. It just doesn't seem like a proper topic for a cruise meet thread. Isn't there some kind of Board on the main DIS where it's kind of more "okay" to discuss that type of thing...or complain or whatever?

As for the blow-out.....I can't say as to what that was all about. My guess is that if you got a PM, you probably already heard. I just know that we still have a long way to go before this cruise, and there WILL be lots of personality clashes, or what-have-you. The idea (to me) of this type of discussion board is to find people who seem to have similar interests, get to know them, and enjoy some time together on the cruise. That doesn't mean that we are ALL going to want to be together all the time....and there will most likely be some people who really don't want to meet some other people. And as far as I'm concerned, that's okay. It's normal. We're all grown up now, and we don't have to play with anyone we don't want to play with.

And yes, I am basically still here. I've been gone almost all summer, and don't have nearly the amount of time I'd like to have to be able to sit and chat....and I've got an awful lot of pages that I never have been able to go back and read....but I'm still here. I can only guess that there are probably at least one or two people who wish I weren't still here....but that's okay too. ;)

Tina! Those pictures are way too cute!!!

I put a Halloween costume on Ash (and he had a Vet appt that day!) but I think my family would revolt if I bought him all the other cute stuff I see.

Tina! Those pictures are way too cute!!!

I put a Halloween costume on Ash (and he had a Vet appt that day!) but I think my family would revolt if I bought him all the other cute stuff I see.

Hi Stace, I for one am glad your still around.:) The polo shirt is too big for him and I tried shrinking it. He loves wearing the Mickey shirt and will growl at me when I try to take it off of him.:rotfl2: I am raising a smart boy.:thumbsup2 :rotfl2:

I'm going to answer for myself, and only myself. I couldn't begin to answer for anyone else, and I don't want anyone to think that I'm trying to. So that means I can't answer 100%....some of my thoughts would only be conjecture.

I don't think I'm overly sensitive about worrying that the thread might get closed. I just want to do my part to make sure that it doesn't. I wouldn't want to see anyone's cruise thread get shut down.
And I guess I was thinking that if we publicly discuss a letter-writing campaign or an attempt to get media attention negatively toward Disney....I don't know....it just didn't feel right to me. Granted, it also doesn't feel right if it's true that DCL is making thousands and thousands of dollars more off of us than another cruise line would....but let's face it, they've been doing that for years, and we still keep coming back.
I also understand that the "blanket" e-mail response that some have received from DCL is kind of stinky.....but honestly, what did you (meaning anyone who got that e-mail) expect? Did anyone honestly think that they were going to truly accomplish something when they complained?
I'm not the brightest crayon in the box, but even I know that you just can't fight city hall. Or major corporations. As an individual, I have a choice....I can either suck it up, or move on. I also realize that, as an individual, you have the right to take it as far as you want to take it. But....speaking only for myself....I was only saying to you last night that if you DO choose to go that route, I wish you'd send people PMs or e-mails. It just doesn't seem like a proper topic for a cruise meet thread. Isn't there some kind of Board on the main DIS where it's kind of more "okay" to discuss that type of thing...or complain or whatever?

As for the blow-out.....I can't say as to what that was all about. My guess is that if you got a PM, you probably already heard. I just know that we still have a long way to go before this cruise, and there WILL be lots of personality clashes, or what-have-you. The idea (to me) of this type of discussion board is to find people who seem to have similar interests, get to know them, and enjoy some time together on the cruise. That doesn't mean that we are ALL going to want to be together all the time....and there will most likely be some people who really don't want to meet some other people. And as far as I'm concerned, that's okay. It's normal. We're all grown up now, and we don't have to play with anyone we don't want to play with.

And yes, I am basically still here. I've been gone almost all summer, and don't have nearly the amount of time I'd like to have to be able to sit and chat....and I've got an awful lot of pages that I never have been able to go back and read....but I'm still here. I can only guess that there are probably at least one or two people who wish I weren't still here....but that's okay too. ;)

Very well said. And I am not one who wish you weren't around. I love reading your posts.
:hug:

My family was interested in canceling based on the abusive nature of certain individuals on this thread, but I decided instead to take a break from the DIS and this unwarranted abuse.
Whoa, that is totally opposite of what I heard. I NEVER heard from you or anyone else that you left from the abusive nature of people on this thread! that's a new one to me. :(

I have only been able to skim here and there. Some bad things happening here, such as life it will get better. On a lighter note.........thought I would share some of Dante's wardrobe. Since we saw so many cute Harley pics.
DSCF0701.jpg

Dante011.jpg

Dante007.jpg

Dante004.jpg

Ohhh, how adorable!!!!

I agree with your entire post.
But if there is one or two people that wish YOU weren't still here- let me at em.
hehe
Kidding people... kidding. :)

DSCF0701.jpg

Dante011.jpg

Dante007.jpg

Dante004.jpg

That is too cute. Rocky has a Harley sweatshirt for the winter and he does willingly let me put it on. Not like the winter boots I had to put on the Yorkies when we lived in NY. Their paws would get irritated from the salt on the snow. They looked so funny trying to walk in them. Hope everything is ok?

Had to pirate: this cake ! Happy Anniversary !
Thanks! WWE all shared some Cheesecake today and can't budge.

Very well said. And I am not one who wish you weren't around. I love reading your posts.
:hug:

Ditto

Yes, I see your point, thanks for the explanation. I guess this thread shouldn't be a place where you start a rally. Sorry if that caused anybody any duress.

I don't dislike DCL for what they did and I won't cancel the cruise because of it. In reality it isn't a whole lot of money, but sometimes there is a principle to consider.

I just wish they would take the time to explain why they appear to be charging us twice. The more they avoid this issue with form letters the more guilty they appear.

Thanks again for the info.

Take care,

Jeff

OK, a real quick wrap-up, the Yankees won today 16-8........:thumbsup2

My Lady and I just stopped by the house to drop off our "doggie-bags" from dinner. Speaking of which, our dinner at the Olive Garden was FREE. We were seated on the side of the building where the AC was broke and it was 85* in that section. Shortly after we were seated, the manager stopped allowing people to be seated in our section. The manager came around to all the tables in our section and told us that our dinner was on him and he said how sorry he was that the AC wasn't working. The AC came back on just as our dessert was delivered. We still tipped our server quite well, we felt sorry for him, he looked so hot running around serving all his tables in the heat.

We broke even for the evening, the cost of the meal, plus tip, is just about what we paid for the show tonight!!! :goodvibes

Well, we are getting ready to head to the Broadway Theatre to collect our tickets at the will call window. HOPEFULLY, the AC will be working in the theatre.............:rotfl2:

Catch y'all later..........:wave:

I heard that things have changed a lot, there was a recent blow out, many people left this thread, and some are concerned about the thread closing. Since I was away I was not part of any of that.

In regard to "third parties" I was not the first to mention writing to newspapers to potentially get additional help resolving the taxation issue, but for some reason people are singling me out and not the others that wrote the same.

Trying to galvanize a group and writing to a newspaper is not a crime and I don't understand the harsh backlash, but then again I wasn't around earlier when this thread was having some major issues so as opposed to being sarcastic perhaps you could explain.
In reality I am not being abusive to others on this thread, but trying get folks together for a common cause. As the saying goes, "no good deed goes unpunished".

I wasnt being sarcastic at all ....I do recall you saying that you were canceling this trip cause of all the hassles you got from alot of people on another board that come to this board as well ...Anyway , Personally you know I dont care for you either and I am not going to rehash why cause I know you know ...

This is the end of this discussion for me

pirate:

Very Nicely written Stace ...I'm not so good with my words :lmao: :lmao: , But I try to get my point across...And you did very nicely ..

pirate:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter