70 to Freezing in 7 hours. A Nov/Dec 2011 trip report. Updated 4/28

I haven't been to the Disney outlets, and it's probably a good thing. :thumbsup2

The Disney outlets are brilliant :) You definately should go sometime. Duffy was there the small one with the outfit that is in the parks for 30 was 10-15 dollars there granted they were old outfits (like easter outfit at Xmas time) but still I'd prefere to pay 10 dollars than 30 for him.

-----

In non Disney news (aka masters news) today I did no college work (bold) but I was doing other radio work. I do sound and editing on a volunteer basis on a radio show and we normally pre-record and then I edit for the following week but we're a little ahead of ourselves at the mo so I was editing next weeks show today for a while before going to record the next show. I like when I wake to texts like that. Last night I finished the project files that go with my docs and going to put the documentaries on disk now.

----
Back to semi related trip stuff. I collect things pins, vinylmations, pressed pennies, plushies and in 2010 when I was in America I couldn't help notice that the quarters had different backs on them so I kept a few then in 2011 decided to collect as many as I could. Didn't know how many I needed until one nice American lady on the bus to disney one day said it was 52 but anyway I managed to get 37 and thought I'd share the ones I got:
New Hamphire, Missouri, Washington, Mississippi, Kansas, Idaho, Hawaii, Texas, Delaware, New Jersey, Virginia, Alaska, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Utah, Alabama, Montana, Tennessee, Oklahoma, Connecticut, North Carolina, Minnesota, Oregon, Wyoming, Kentucky, Colorado, South Dakota, Rhode Island, California, Massachusetts, Pennsylvania, New York, North Dakota, Georgia, Maryland, Nevada, Nebraska. :) I also have two different ones one says Mount Hood and the other Oregon but it's different from the other Oregon one if that makes sense.

Hi from a fellow Westlife fan!

I saw some of your comments on other TRs and when I realised you were from Ireland I thought I'd check out your report. Really enjoying hearing about your visit, especially your adventures outside Disney.

Hi from a fellow Westlife fan!

I saw some of your comments on other TRs and when I realised you were from Ireland I thought I'd check out your report. Really enjoying hearing about your visit, especially your adventures outside Disney.

Welcome.

Oh yay another Westlife fan. I'm going to see them in a month from today ;)

Welcome.

Oh yay another Westlife fan. I'm going to see them in a month from today ;)

I was just about to say 'I'm not going until June' but then I realised June is next month! I'm going on the 16th (in Glasgow), like you I don't believe they're really splitting.

I was just about to say 'I'm not going until June' but then I realised June is next month! I'm going on the 16th (in Glasgow), like you I don't believe they're really splitting.
I'm going the 9th in Manchester and then the 22nd and 23rd in Croke Park. Can't miss that last concert! I'm so broke with them though lol

My brother says that it's because they had a row with their record company or something and the only way to get out of their contract was to "break up" I think they'll be back within five years. It'd be ridiculous when they're still that popular to break up! I'll still be bringing a box of Kleenex to the last Croke Park gig but still :lmao:

For those of you that have no idea what we're talking about now Westlife is an Irish boyband going for 14 years and last October they announced they were splitting up but like I've said I do not believe this for one second mainly because of things like Croke Park. Croke Park is one of Irelands biggest football stadiums they hold a concert there and it holds 85,000 fans yeah so the first Croke Park concert went on sale the tickets (85,000 of them) sold out in 4 minutes! Why would you stop that when you're that popular like! :eek: There's more info on my blog Clickie

I'm going the 9th in Manchester and then the 22nd and 23rd in Croke Park. Can't miss that last concert! I'm so broke with them though lol

My brother says that it's because they had a row with their record company or something and the only way to get out of their contract was to "break up" I think they'll be back within five years. It'd be ridiculous when they're still that popular to break up! I'll still be bringing a box of Kleenex to the last Croke Park gig but still :lmao:

I would have loved to have gone to Croke Park! The last night is going to be amazing, so emotional. When I booked my tickets it was actually the final date of the tour but then it just kept getting bigger and bigger.

I think they are all just tired and knew that if they took a break everyone would say they'd split so they figured they'll just get one step ahead of the press!

Back to Disney! I went to the Disney Store today and the one here in Dundee totally sucks. I wanted to get a notebook for trip planning (just booked for Nov 2013) and there was only a choice of two and no matching pens!!!

On the countdown to the end of Masters. My lecturers and class annoy me... actually maybe everything annoys me right now that could be stress. I'm attempting (and probably going to fail) to get all the notes done by this Friday and hence cut a week off the masters. Why I'm failing is because I haven't got the audio bits together and on notes I'm currently on February and I'm supposed to be going to a wedding tomorrow night. Technically it's not due up until the 18th I'm just trying to be smart!

--------------------
I would have loved to have gone to Croke Park! The last night is going to be amazing, so emotional. When I booked my tickets it was actually the final date of the tour but then it just kept getting bigger and bigger.

I think they are all just tired and knew that if they took a break everyone would say they'd split so they figured they'll just get one step ahead of the press!
I'm pretty sure Croke Park is still the final date. I saw somewhere on facebook there's a campaign to get all the fans to make a heart for the bit where Nicky reads the posters and all the hearts would say something like Westlife Forever. Whatever reason they are splitting they better hurry up on the planning the reunion tour :lmao:

Back to Disney! I went to the Disney Store today and the one here in Dundee totally sucks. I wanted to get a notebook for trip planning (just booked for Nov 2013) and there was only a choice of two and no matching pens!!!
I think the only matching notebook and pens in our Disney store is the Dublin themed ones.

Masters update... I finished typing my entire years notes only have to find all the audio to go with it now and then hand up all the assignments... THE END IS IN SIGHT. I'm going to bed now!

Masters update... I finished typing my entire years notes only have to find all the audio to go with it now and then hand up all the assignments... THE END IS IN SIGHT. I'm going to bed now!

Sleep well knowing the end is in sight...great job!

Sleep well knowing the end is in sight...great job!

I was just coming on to update about that. I finished the audio I had yesterday. I have one more to get off the computer in college today and the documentaries are due up today but I'm handing up the years work today as well a week early. Last night was at a wedding but wasn't feelin it because it should have been my bro's birthday. I'm feeling the loss of my bro and dad alot more this year for some reason.

Rather than make another post I'll just update this one... Everything has been handed in and I don't think it's sunk in yet that I'm finished it lol. Came home and slept for three hours though :) guess the pressure and late nights trying to get it all done had kind of got to me. But done now and a week early as well :) Also was at wedding last night and although it needs to be taken in a bit still I wore the dress I was talking about in the last update. It left a shower of glitter everywhere even though the lady in the shop said if I put hair spray on the glitter it'd stop it falling off and I had done that but whatever:
DSCF3003.jpg

It does have straps I just took the pic to close. Also that flower button I can see that falling off with waer because as I kept playing with that bit through nervous tension I guess lol.

So who wants a trip report update :)

Day 8, part 1:

Thursday, 1st December 2011

Half way there :eek: :( This is the point of the trip that causes confusion. It's been a week since we left home and in another week we'll be going home. Happy to be in Florida still but sad at the thought there's only a week left of the holiday. This was another day that went not according to my pre-planned schedule. Originally I had today down as finish off story-tellers in Epcot then go to Boardwalk to explore as we've never been there. Since we hadn't actually managed to get to any story-tellers though it became a start story-tellers day! So usual morning stuff up bright and early got our big blue bus at 8.30 in Epcot by 9.05am stopping for pictures along the way:
SAM_1785.jpg

Oh and it was a little cold this morning so I had leggings on under the shorts that were neon pink as you can see reflected in that pic lol!
SAM_1786.jpg

And as you might guess from the chapter title I had a little friend along for the day in the form of my trip mascot, Angel and of course being little miss happy snappy I amused myself with taking pictures of Angel in Disney. (I know it's childish but whatever!) :goodvibes He even had his Irish t-shirt on for his visit to World Showcase:
SAM_1787.jpg

Anyways since we were there so early and since the story-tellers didn't start until 11.15 we had time to kill so first stop Mouse Gear to try use those vouchers that were burning a whole in my pocket at this stage. Again I had fun with Angel in Mouse Gear. He tried on hats:
SAM_1788.jpg

and actually after I took that photo a CM came over and offered me mouse ears to try on Angel. I didn't take a pic of that though. Angel also got his first sighting of Mickey Mouse:
SAM_1789.jpg

So then I had to concentrate on the matter at hand using the 20% off voucher. I had wanted a Duffy and could never find the 17 inch Duffy with the outfit that I wanted but this morning success. Not only was there the 20% off vouchers floating around but there was also a special offer on Duffy and his clothes. If you bought the 17 inch Duffy and two outfits you got one of the outfits half price. So I got Duffy, his French outfit and his sailor outfit as well as a pin and Momma bought a hair brush and this all should have come to 80.90 and then tax on top of that whatever that would have been but we got it all for 54.87 with all the vouchers and discount. That made me a very happy little girly and I love Disney for having those vouchers last year. Anyways after all the shopping we went to try another ride we'd never been on in the form of Ellen's Energy Adventure:
SAM_1790.jpg

SAM_1792.jpg

We had tried to do that the first night in Epcot as well but it was closed when we went to it :( It was interesting to do once but don't know how often I'd run to it again. After that Momma decided it was breakfast time so we went to a little stand near the exit to EEA and Momma got a pastry and tea and I got some sort of pastry/pretzel thing. I dunno what it was but it was nice and I ate it and then went dang I forgot to take a food pic. After that we headed for Canada as it was getting near story-teller time. We were a little early so I took pics while we waited:
SAM_1795.jpg

I love that little house it reminds me of Snow White's cottage.
SAM_1797.jpg

I was getting a bit artsy then with the pics or well attempting to at least:
SAM_1796.jpg

SAM_1800.jpg

SAM_1801.jpg

SAM_1802.jpg

Finally it was time for Papa Noel to come out and share his story:
SAM_1805.jpg

SAM_1807.jpg

Once we got our pic taken with him we headed through England:
SAM_1812.jpg

and on to our next destination...

Next up: From France to Japan

Anyone know anything about computers? Since I re-burnt my tv doc the other day my computer won't let me save anything to cd either music or photos. Was trying to clear the photos and it keeps telling me that drag to disk was cancelled that disk is either full or something else blah blah but then say space left on disk is 703mb which means the disk is empty plus the fact it's from a brand new packet. :confused:

Angel seems to be having a great time at EPCOT!

Your Canada and world showcase pictures are great. I love that scenery.

I can't help you with your computer problem, but I hope you get it worked out soon.

Love the discount at the Mousegears! What a thrifty shopper you are! I think that Angel looks awesome in the Irish shirt. I am so jealous of you getting to hear the storytellers...wait til you see what happens to that plan of mine in a couple of updates! :mad:

Angel seems to be having a great time at EPCOT!
I think he was happy to get out of the suitcase and hotel for the day. :lmao: He did also get in a photo with Papa Noel as well mainly because I forgot I was holding him when I went up for the photo. The story-tellers were alot quicker than I thought because the stories were only about ten to fifteen minutes long and then they would pose for pictures for about 5 minutes so it was all very quick.

Your Canada and world showcase pictures are great. I love that scenery.
Thanks. This is what happens when I'm waiting around in Disney I take to many pictures :)

I can't help you with your computer problem, but I hope you get it worked out soon.
I think this happened before and it had something to do with it changing to dvd format but I don't remember how I fixed it so I'll just keep pressing buttons until it either fixes itself or blows up and if it blows up first it wasn't me :rolleyes1

Love the discount at the Mousegears! What a thrifty shopper you are!
It was great. We got discount another morning as well. I think it's studentism or something find things for as cheap as possible like. The less I spend the more I can buy and all that. :goodvibes

I think that Angel looks awesome in the Irish shirt.
Thank you. That's one of a few Irish t-shirts he has. That bear comes everywhere with me. My nieces reckon myself and Angel should be a comedy duo... that's a whole other story though :lmao:

I am so jealous of you getting to hear the storytellers...wait til you see what happens to that plan of mine in a couple of updates! :mad:
The storytellers were one of the things I wanted to see most and I was so upset the first day in Epcot when we hadn't even seen one of them so we made it a point to change alot of plans to see them. I'm hoping to put together a little vid of them all as well so will post it when I have it. My vids got stopped for the college work but was uploading a bit of DHS day tonight.

Back to semi related trip stuff. I collect things pins, vinylmations, pressed pennies, plushies and in 2010 when I was in America I couldn't help notice that the quarters had different backs on them so I kept a few then in 2011 decided to collect as many as I could. Didn't know how many I needed until one nice American lady on the bus to disney one day said it was 52 but anyway I managed to get 37 and thought I'd share the ones I got:
New Hamphire, Missouri, Washington, Mississippi, Kansas, Idaho, Hawaii, Texas, Delaware, New Jersey, Virginia, Alaska, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Utah, Alabama, Montana, Tennessee, Oklahoma, Connecticut, North Carolina, Minnesota, Oregon, Wyoming, Kentucky, Colorado, South Dakota, Rhode Island, California, Massachusetts, Pennsylvania, New York, North Dakota, Georgia, Maryland, Nevada, Nebraska. :) I also have two different ones one says Mount Hood and the other Oregon but it's different from the other Oregon one if that makes sense.

My Samantha started collecting the State quarters when they came out and she was given a map of the USA with a place to put each coin. I think at one time a few designs were different. All the coins have been released now.

Are all the story tellers the "Santa" for each country? Nice photos!:thumbsup2

Lots of people bring along an "Angel" or some other plush to take pics like that. Kadence would love to haul a toy along like that!

Well I'm a child too because I hauled Phineas and Ferb around on my adult only trip. :rotfl2:

Do you have Vista or Windows 7? I have vista on my laptop and it will not burn CDs at all. But I can do it going through media player. But once you burn, you can't add to the CD again, on my 7 I can add, and it all works like it should...knock on wood. When I had XP, it was very easy too. In fact I wish all computers went back to a lot of the XP ways.

My Samantha started collecting the State quarters when they came out and she was given a map of the USA with a place to put each coin. I think at one time a few designs were different. All the coins have been released now.
That sounds like a cool idea with the map to put them in. Maybe the different two I got were state quarters as well I thought they looked like landmarks or something other than state.

Are all the story tellers the "Santa" for each country? Nice photos!:thumbsup2
Yeah the storytellers are the "Santas." I think Disney calls them storytellers because some country's don't have "Santa's" as such actually i think it was only Canada, France and England with Santa they rest were christmas/new year traditions of that country. It was all very interesting and very clever of Disney to disguise learning with fun! It's like wow I never knew that wait a minute I'm meant to be on holiday not learning! :rotfl2:

Lots of people bring along an "Angel" or some other plush to take pics like that. Kadence would love to haul and toy along like that!
I did have a reason for bringing Angel out with me that day which you'll see later on in the days report...

Well I'm a child too because I hauled Phineas and Ferb around on my adult only trip. :rotfl2:
It's fun plus it makes for cute pictures as well. I think whatever people want to do they should regardless of whether others think it's weird.

Do you have Vista or Windows 7? I have vista on my laptop and it will not burn CDs at all. But I can do it going through media player. But once you burn, you can't add to the CD again, on my 7 I can add, and it all works like it should...knock on wood. When I had XP, it was very easy too. In fact I wish all computers went back to a lot of the XP ways.
It's Windows XP it does usually let me copy to CD's but even in itunes it won't burn the CD's since I re-burnt the college dvd.

----
In other news I made a new blog post finally... Bloggie

Sorry I've been missing....trying to catch up!

Looks like y'all were off to another great day of fun & shopping at Epcot! :thumbsup2

Sorry I've been missing....trying to catch up!

Looks like y'all were off to another great day of fun & shopping at Epcot! :thumbsup2

No probs was missing myself for the last while. My own thread was the only one I was watching with all the college stuff!

It was a good morning. I was happy once I started seeing the story-tellers and got my Duffy :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter