7 hour wait for Anna & Elsa?!?!?!

I loved it, yet my husband said the same thing as you. My kids all loved it - 2 girls and 1 boy. My husband, however, didn't see it in the theater and I really think it loses it's magic watching it at home. You mentioned you saw it last week - was that on DVD?

Yes. Last week. In the delightful privacy of my own home, on a comfortable couch, unencumbered by crying children or idgits on their cell phones...enjoying it in surround sound on our 60" HDTV. I was very excited to see it. I just didn't think it was anything special. Now Monster's University, which we watched the night before was FANTASTIC!

IMO, it's a movie that grows on you. First time I saw it (in theater) I enjoyed it, loved some of the music, was so-so about the characters (liked Anna though),and thought the story was incomplete somehow.
We were sent a link to a streaming website that had it available so DD's and I watched it approx 30 more times through Jan and Feb. suffice to say, I fell I love, we now own the soundtrack and blu ray (though holding off until Easter to give to DDs!) and have our FP+ all set for 2 weeks from now!

So on one of the blogs I follow of Facebook, they said at one point yesterday the wait for Anna & Elsa was at 7 hours!! That is absolutely insane! Who on earth would waste their entire day for that? Another thing quite a few people were saying was that they are booking early morning breakfasts and no showing (and paying the fee) and waiting at the roped off area so they can make a run for it when that area is opened up. There is no way Disney hasn't caught on to this. We have only skipped a res. once (sheer exhaustion lol), but can't imagine if they raise the fee because of what's been happening.
And as a mother of a frozen fan family I can't imagine the disappointment when you tell your kids you are not waiting 7 hours in line.

Seriously, that's almost a full day at $100 each to stand in line for two women dressed up as characters

not a chance in the world

We saw them in November before the movie came out. So our wait was around 30 minutes. I thought ours were pretty good. It was one of my favorite photos from the trip.
Anna_Elsa.jpg

I've noticed lots of character meet and greet options for Fastpass+. One good thing would be less competition for people using Fastpass+ for rides. :thumbsup2

I will not wait Stand-by to meet them.. I will only do it if I get a FP. Having said that, I love character meet and greets, they make for great pictures and interactions, but theres a line that I draw where it becomes rediculous! I will never wait hours to meet someone who just says "well hello there princess, it is so nice to meet you!", poses for a picture, the experience lasts about 15 seconds and boom they rush you out of there. No thanks!

I think it is funny that the lines are only long because of all the hype.. just like the poster above said, before the movie came out you were able to wait and see them in 30 minutes! Now that everyone is bonkers for it, the wait is hours and a FP is nearly impossible. LOL

I love Frozen, I thought it was an awesome movie.. but people are crazy over it. I think 5 hour waits to meet ANYONE is insane! My time is limited in WDW so it is better spent enjoying the rides and atmosphere around the park.

Seriously, that's almost a full day at $100 each to stand in line for two women dressed up as characters

not a chance in the world

A ticket is rarely $100 a day, unless that is your only day.
And since only one person has to be in line, it really doesn't seem like it would be that bad, if you are a group (a single parent is screwed...) send the group off to do something and leave an adult or two to chat and people watch for an hour; come back, trade out adults and go out again; lather, rinse, repeat until it is finally your turn.

Disney doesn't have a lot of thrill rides, so it isn't that bad for me- but I can't go on rides, so when I go somewhere like Six Flags, I spend all day waiting in line without ever actually getting to do something. The point is to enjoy the day with friends.

At a place like Epcot with so much else though, 7 hours might be too much for me. But not if I could trade with someone every two hours or so. I'd rather wait for characters than for a rollercoaster, since all I can do is step over the rollercoaster and not ride.

I will not wait Stand-by to meet them.. I will only do it if I get a FP. Having said that, I love character meet and greets, they make for great pictures and interactions, but theres a line that I draw where it becomes rediculous! I will never wait hours to meet someone who just says "well hello there princess, it is so nice to meet you!", poses for a picture, the experience lasts about 15 seconds and boom they rush you out of there. No thanks!

I think it is funny that the lines are only long because of all the hype.. just like the poster above said, before the movie came out you were able to wait and see them in 30 minutes! Now that everyone is bonkers for it, the wait is hours and a FP is nearly impossible. LOL

I love Frozen, I thought it was an awesome movie.. but people are crazy over it. I think 5 hour waits to meet ANYONE is insane! My time is limited in WDW so it is better spent enjoying the rides and atmosphere around the park.

The lines became long after the release because millions are familiar with the characters who weren't before. That's not hype, that's demand.

And it was entirely predictable that lines would be longer after the movie came out--though no one knew how much longer.

I think they anticipated that people would want to see the Frozen characters. Of course it's anticipated that more guests will want to meet them after they have seen the movie. But the level of interest once the movie came out has been surprising. At least they are acknowledging that the Norway pavilion cannot handle that kind of demand.

I love my kids but there is not a chance I would stand in line for more than 15 mins to take a picture with any character. My kids would much rather get on rides than wait hours for a 1 minute interaction.

I love my kids but there is not a chance I would stand in line for more than 15 mins to take a picture with any character. My kids would much rather get on rides than wait hours for a 1 minute interaction.

Everyone is different. I think if your kids were into characters, your unwillingness to wait more than 15 minutes would change. 7DMT may be a ride that lasts little more than a minute...are you only willing to wait 15 minutes or less for that? Good luck there. ;)

Everyone is different. I think if your kids were into characters, your unwillingness to wait more than 15 minutes would change. 7DMT may be a ride that lasts little more than a minute...are you only willing to wait 15 minutes or less for that? Good luck there. ;)

This! :thumbsup2

I think Disney is all about the "experience". It is up to you as to what you want to "experience". My kids and I love everything Disney, from the rides to the characters, to dining/resorts! To me, 7 hours is crazy, but I would do it in a heartbeat! Why? One day, down the road, when the kids and I are looking back on our Disney memories, I want them to remember the special things. Although they will always remember how much they love riding Space Mountain, there is no way they would ever forget "that time we were crazy about Frozen enough to stand in line for hours to meet Anna and Elsa"! To me, that's what memories are made of! :goodvibes

The lines became long after the release because millions are familiar with the characters who weren't before. That's not hype, that's demand.

And it was entirely predictable that lines would be longer after the movie came out--though no one knew how much longer.

I get that its demand. but I am just baffled that a wait to meet them could possibly get to 7 hours.. that is a whole days worth of park exploring and rides. CM's do rush you when you get up there so its hard to believe that the line isn't moving a little quicker. And if it is true that they are doubling them at Fairytale Hall, that would be great although I take it with a grain of salt. I wonder how long the FP wait will end up being. When we met just Cinderella and Aurora in Nov with FP's, we still had to wait a while before we actually got up to them. I can only imagine what this will be like.

I get that its demand. but I am just baffled that a wait to meet them could possibly get to 7 hours.. that is a whole days worth of park exploring and rides. CM's do rush you when you get up there so its hard to believe that the line isn't moving a little quicker. And if it is true that they are doubling them at Fairytale Hall, that would be great although I take it with a grain of salt. I wonder how long the FP wait will end up being. When we met just Cinderella and Aurora in Nov with FP's, we still had to wait a while before we actually got up to them. I can only imagine what this will be like.

I believe I read that Frozen recently became the highest-grossing animated feature ever. That means many, many people want to see them on perhaps their only trip there in the next 5, 10, or 20 years.

I am also baffled by waiting for anything longer than say, 120 minutes, but that's a personal tolerance. Remember there are occasionally 5 hour waits for Soarin' and TT during Christmas week. All of that is beyond my patience (and I think I have a boatload of patience), but I understand that others are willing to wait even more--or less.

And they are most definitely doubling the capacity at PFH, otherwise there would almost be no point in moving them.

Our family just got back from WDW and we tried to go see the sisters because I have a 5 and 6 year old that eat, sleep and breath this movie. I got there early and was first in line at the gate. We ran back to Norway and got into what I thought was a short line outside. Thank goodness for a lady behind me that asked staff what is the wait time from this point. When the cast member said 3 hours and 30 mins, I about died. We got out of line with two very upset girls however we were only at Epcot for one day and I was not going to spend my day in line. I also refuse to make my husband stand there with all of the rest of the dad's. We went to WDW as a family to spend time together and so we told the girls Anna and Elsa was not going to see them today however "you can go on all the other rides in the park." This worked for us and we did see the full park that day. The girls had a great time and I was so happy we did not waist our morning in line.
The only thing I do not understand is how long does it need to take for disney to figure out that they need to put these girls in more then one place. How many Mickeys do they have?!?!?! It has been 6 months since this movie came out. It is not rocket science to figure out they need to do something fast. Instead of moving them to MK. Put one set at Epcot, one set at MK and put them at a meal. This just seems silly.

Our family just got back from WDW and we tried to go see the sisters because I have a 5 and 6 year old that eat, sleep and breath this movie. I got there early and was first in line at the gate. We ran back to Norway and got into what I thought was a short line outside. Thank goodness for a lady behind me that asked staff what is the wait time from this point. When the cast member said 3 hours and 30 mins, I about died. We got out of line with two very upset girls however we were only at Epcot for one day and I was not going to spend my day in line. I also refuse to make my husband stand there with all of the rest of the dad's. We went to WDW as a family to spend time together and so we told the girls Anna and Elsa was not going to see them today however "you can go on all the other rides in the park." This worked for us and we did see the full park that day. The girls had a great time and I was so happy we did not waist our morning in line. The only thing I do not understand is how long does it need to take for disney to figure out that they need to put these girls in more then one place. How many Mickeys do they have?!?!?! It has been 6 months since this movie came out. It is not rocket science to figure out they need to do something fast. Instead of moving them to MK. Put one set at Epcot, one set at MK and put them at a meal. This just seems silly.

Disney takes theming and atmosphere extremely seriously. Therefore, you will probably not find them slapping up multiple locations quickly, even if they recognize the problem immediately. Things take time.

We waited for 3 1/2 hours in January. I had already ridden test track and soarin, so I stopped by the line to see if it was doable. I enjoyed sitting and people watching while my husband took the kids to other attractions. Got to know the people around us and when the kids hopped back in line they had a blast talking to each other and playing games. It was the highlight of our kids vacation- even my husband agreed. Which for the record, he was against waiting to begin with. That being said, I would not do 7 hours, just got lucky and had 3 1/2 over the busy holiday season.
Hoping the changes make a difference!!!

We waited for 3 1/2 hours in January. I had already ridden test track and soarin, so I stopped by the line to see if it was doable. I enjoyed sitting and people watching while my husband took the kids to other attractions. Got to know the people around us and when the kids hopped back in line they had a blast talking to each other and playing games. It was the highlight of our kids vacation- even my husband agreed. Which for the record, he was against waiting to begin with. That being said, I would not do 7 hours, just got lucky and had 3 1/2 over the bust holiday season. Hoping the changes make a difference!!!

What a great counter-example to the post just above. It's all about your group and what your group enjoys. Disney has room for all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter