7 hour wait for Anna & Elsa?!?!?!

Okay, I guess I'll be the first one to say it. About the characters I've seen so far on video, there is nothing even remotely similar to Anna and Elsa, except the costume. These girls have no similar mannerisms, actions, voice patterns, dialogue, aren't the same size, nothing. Not even close to being worth standing in line for more than 20 minutes.

I have to say taking my 5 yr old to see any of these girls in costume (that I've seen so far) would spoil (for my daughter) any idea that these characters even exist somewhere out there.

Not to be harsh but I saw wayyy better characters at DLR (not speaking of Anna and Elsa though). I know their talent pool is better, but still...

I agree. I can't believe how good some DL actors are. Peter, Hatter, Alice and Merida usually are spot on. Maybe WDW is stuck with college programs whereas DL has a big pool of local talent.

Not generalizing though. I've seen some REALLY good actors at WDW as well.

I don't get it. The hype. the movie. Any of it. It wasn't that good. We finally saw it last week and I was underwhelmed. I just don't get the mass appeal (and I HAVE sisters, so the "theme" wasn't lost on me). It was nowhere near as good as any Pixar movie or even BATB or LM or LK.

The movie was rushed, characters shoe horned in (Olaf , I'm looking at you) etc.

It wasn't BAD...just..well...meh.

It was nowhere near as good as any Pixar movie or even BATB or LM or LK.

But that's personal preference. I have never liked "The Lion King". I felt that it was too heavy of a movie for children, maybe because I took kids I was babysitting to see it and they cried. Still, it has never been my favorite. Didn't care for the movie, didn't care for the music and I LOVE Elton John. To each their own, right?

Anna and Elsa move to the MK on Monday, where FP+ will be available for their M&G and capacity will be doubled (two rooms with two sets of characters), so it's only going to be an issue for a couple more days.

So, maybe only a 3 1/2 hour wait? :faint:

I'm not sure, have never been and pretty sure will never go but Anna at least seems pretty close I thought. Often sounds almost exactly like her and kinda acts like her as well IMO. Her eyes aren't 1/3 the size of her head I guess.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iv6WMkvi9c8

Just watched this video and Anna seemed pretty spot on. But Elsa????? First, isn't she too old? And seemed like no personality at all. Just didn't seem authentic at all. And people are waiting 3, 5, 7 hours for that?

Yea that's why I said "Anna at least seems pretty close".

Enough I don't see no similarities whatsoever as accurate.

I wouldn't wait 1 minute for it, but can see why many love it.

I don't get it. The hype. the movie. Any of it. It wasn't that good. We finally saw it last week and I was underwhelmed. I just don't get the mass appeal (and I HAVE sisters, so the "theme" wasn't lost on me). It was nowhere near as good as any Pixar movie or even BATB or LM or LK.

The movie was rushed, characters shoe horned in (Olaf , I'm looking at you) etc.

Oh whew! I felt like I was the only one. So afraid to state my opinion because it seems like everyone else loves it. I dragged my son to the theatre and he said on the way out, "I told you it wasn't going to be good!" I just didn't feel it followed the typical Disney model - where was the villian? The parents were mean - :confused3 Elsa was taught to be ashamed of her differences, and then when she accepted it, she hid from everyone. :worried:

And Ana wanted to marry a guy she met THAT day? :furious: I thought we were doing better by our daughters with Merida and Rapunzel who could take care of themselves. Anyway... I DID love "Do You Want to Build a Snowman?"

In ETWB's case, you could make the argument that Belle alternates between libraries as they are loaded (in fact, that may even be true--haven't thought about it much). That's a bit less traumatic to the younger set that a princess went all Orphan Black on them.

Yes - another Orphan Black fan! Can't wait for Season 2 to start on Saturday.

:cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1:

Oh whew! I felt like I was the only one. So afraid to state my opinion because it seems like everyone else loves it. I dragged my son to the theatre and he said on the way out, "I told you it wasn't going to be good!" I just didn't feel it followed the typical Disney model - where was the villian? The parents were mean - :confused3 Elsa was taught to be ashamed of her differences, and then when she accepted it, she hid from everyone. :worried:

And Ana wanted to marry a guy she met THAT day? :furious: I thought we were doing better by our daughters with Merida and Rapunzel who could take care of themselves. Anyway... I DID love "Do You Want to Build a Snowman?"

Hans was pretty evil, so I say..Villian. I didn't see the parents as mean. I don't think, that Elsa accepted, who/what she was, until the end of the movie. She hid and/or ran away, until she learned to overcome her fear. Anna was a very sheltered, naive young woman, who only had one day to interact with others. I think, there was a lesson learned... The friendship between Sven and Olaf was adorable. We also liked Kristoff and his family of trolls

Needless to say, we :love: the movie. Actually, the best in a very long time. IMO

Oh man! I thought I was the only one, too! I agree with all the problems you had with it, and I'd like to add what was the deal with ice powers? All they said is she was born with them? How? Why? Are there others like her? Why is she the only one? Which parent carries the blizzard gene? What was up with the trolls? What relationship did they have with the king, other than " oh the king goofed up, time to save his butt again."?

Also, I'll just leave this here:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4ThvBNZdGcQ

My daughter is obsessed with Anna and Elsa. There is no way we are wasting an entire day at the parks to see them. WDW is not a common trip so it seems like such a waste to do it. I really wish they would put princesses like Anna and Elsa in the princess character breakfast!! I men Arkushus is in Norway!!

Yes! people have been asking and asking for this!

I thought that Frozen was just OK but I agree with the PP - to each their own. I've often said that I'm grateful that I had a boy because he had no interest in waiting in lines to see characters. If we saw any it was at character meals.

As for me, I like to look at them but I don't care about pics. That is unless I ever stumble across Maleficent...

what was the deal with ice powers? All they said is she was born with them? How? Why? Are there others like her? Why is she the only one? Which parent carries the blizzard gene?

That's actually not real, it was made up for the cartoon.

Same with Frozone from the Incredibles (hope you haven't been wondering the last 10 years), but I'm pretty certain Iceman from X Men is real. :rolleyes:

incred40.jpg

Iceman_04.jpg

In ETWB's case, you could make the argument that Belle alternates between libraries as they are loaded (in fact, that may even be true--haven't thought about it much). That's a bit less traumatic to the younger set that a princess went all Orphan Black on them.

:rotfl: All Orphan Black. Great comment!

Even if my daughter loved the movie (she didn't)' I think 45 minutes would be my top wait I'd be willing to do.

I loved it, yet my husband said the same thing as you. My kids all loved it - 2 girls and 1 boy. My husband, however, didn't see it in the theater and I really think it loses it's magic watching it at home. You mentioned you saw it last week - was that on DVD?

That's actually not real, it was made up for the cartoon.

Same with Frozone from the Incredibles (hope you haven't been wondering the last 10 years), but I'm pretty certain Iceman from X Men is real. :rolleyes:

incred40.jpg

Iceman_04.jpg

IceMan and Frozone both live in a universe where LOTS of people have powers, and if one is so inclined, there is an origin story for Iceman out there.

But yes, to each there own. It just didn't impress me at all.

IceMan and Frozone both live in a universe where LOTS of people have powers, and if one is so inclined, there is an origin story for Iceman out there.

But yes, to each there own. It just didn't impress me at all.

HaHa I hope to visit that universe one day.

Just watched this video and Anna seemed pretty spot on. But Elsa????? First, isn't she too old? And seemed like no personality at all. Just didn't seem authentic at all. And people are waiting 3, 5, 7 hours for that?

Our Elsa didn't speak more than a few words and I quickly realized why. She had a very noticeable French accent. :confused3 Can't they find talent that's authentic?

Because their American accents in the movie are so characteristic if the geographic location that the story is set in...

;-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter