7 flights, 6 hotels, 1 cruise ship and a major stuff up...brace yourself UPDATE!

Becpee, hope your DS digestive system is back to normal now and stays that way! We also ended up with extra snack credits at the end, we just stocked up on chips and pretzels etc to keep DS happy for the rest of the trip :)

Looking forward to hearing about your stay in NYC

Andona

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Hope your all feeling better, We also used a lot of our snack credits for candy to bring home i have all the kids Christmas candy and more;)
Have fun in New York:)

Good to hear it was only minor hiccups (hicouts?) not major along the way-can't believe being "off" DS still rode Space Mountain with no ill effects-it makes me feel :crazy2: at the best of times but he is a boy! Narcoossees-sounded a divine meal. Glad you had a wonderful night.

becpee said:
You gotta roll with it :thumbsup2

The dining plan has worked awesome for us, we have 13 snack credits left with 1 day to go :lmao:
We had dinner at Narcoossee's tonight, 2 table service credits each, but so worth it ::yes::
I had a Maine lobster with strawberry shortcake for dessert.
DH had filet mignon and lobster with a baked choc mousse with a caramel bourbon sauce and brandy snap.
DS had grilled chicken with veggies and a massive memo cupcake.
Seriously amazing meal.
I have read some reviews where people have said that it's not worth 2 credits, rocks in their head tell you!
Then we headed out to the landing and watched wishes, better view than in the park I think, they had the music going as well.

The young lady that showed us to our seats used to live 2 streets away from our old home, such a small world, we have mutual friends :laughing:

So glad you liked narcoossee's . We loved it too ( almost a year to the day too we were there.) I think adding in the water pageant and mk fireworks just makes it even better than most.

is it wrong we only had 3 snack credits left ? ( we did enjoy those cookies , regularly.)

So glad you liked narcoossee's . We loved it too ( almost a year to the day too we were there.) I think adding in the water pageant and mk fireworks just makes it even better than most.

is it wrong we only had 3 snack credits left ? ( we did enjoy those cookies , regularly.)

The fireworks definitely added a dimension for me :goodvibes

We've been getting the quick service meals for lunches, they pretty much tie us over until dinner :p

becpee said:
Using our snack credits at the Epcot food and wine festival :thumbsup2

Ooooh, love to hear what the winners and losers were:) We will be there for the end of F&W and I have already planned dinner one night snacking our way around!

Ooooh, love to hear what the winners and losers were:) We will be there for the end of F&W and I have already planned dinner one night snacking our way around!

I didn't eat as much as I thought I would :p The heat knocked us around today :crazy2:

I did try a lamb chop at the aussie stand, roast pork wrapped in lettuce with kimchi at the Korean stand, then I had a massive ice cream ;)
I wanted to try a funnel cake but DH wouldn't be in it :sad:

Well, last night was our last sleep at WDW :sad:
On the upside we fly to NYC today, a new adventure for us :goodvibes
I edited and bordered our photo pass pics last night, some of them came out awesome :rotfl2:
Hoping I can use the same one at Disneyland, does anybody know if I can? It won't have expired.

Next year when we come back we'll be flying V-aust for their baggage allowance, we'll need it :lmao:
Delta only allow us one bag :sad:

We have friends travelling at the moment and they are leaving NYC today. They stayed at Doubletree Times Square and have had a great time!

What have you got planned for the big apple?

Sounds like you've had some yummy food experiences! Have fun in NYC!

I used the same photpass for WDW and DL in 2011, I had them all sent to me on the one photo CD. :thumbsup2

We have friends travelling at the moment and they are leaving NYC today. They stayed at Doubletree Times Square and have had a great time!

What have you got planned for the big apple?

We're staying at Doubletree also, 14th floor looking right into Times Square, seriously amazing!
It's 5am here, my body just wants to be awake :confused3

We bought a NewYorkPass which gives us entry to many different attractions under 1 ticket, I think there is about 90 attractions so we'll start that today :goodvibes

Sounds like you've had some yummy food experiences! Have fun in NYC!

I used the same photpass for WDW and DL in 2011, I had them all sent to me on the one photo CD. :thumbsup2
I have enjoyed the food so far ;)
We have a list for NY for what we have to try also :p
Thanks for the photo pass info, so glad we'll be able to use it again!

We just got back and used the NewYork Pass as well. As a family of five it was cheaper than paying entry to everywhere and certainly allowed us to see more than I would have if I was picking and choosing on entry fee considerations. We caught the subway down to 9-11 memorial one day. Walked to battery park then used it for the trip out to statue of liberty and Ellis island then caught the new York water taxi down under the Brookly bridge and up the Hudson back up tondo the intrepid in the afternoon then used the NYWT double decker bus to come back to the Rockefeller center to do top of the rock. Came back down in to Times Square for dinner and a wander thru the crazies and then walked back to our hotel at Affinia. It was a really well utilised day that only had the 9-11 bit planned at the start. My six year old was amazing and managed to walk the entire 12 hours we were out and about. And for him that is nothing short of a miracle!!

We just got back and used the NewYork Pass as well. As a family of five it was cheaper than paying entry to everywhere and certainly allowed us to see more than I would have if I was picking and choosing on entry fee considerations. We caught the subway down to 9-11 memorial one day. Walked to battery park then used it for the trip out to statue of liberty and Ellis island then caught the new York water taxi down under the Brookly bridge and up the Hudson back up tondo the intrepid in the afternoon then used the NYWT double decker bus to come back to the Rockefeller center to do top of the rock. Came back down in to Times Square for dinner and a wander thru the crazies and then walked back to our hotel at Affinia. It was a really well utilised day that only had the 9-11 bit planned at the start. My six year old was amazing and managed to walk the entire 12 hours we were out and about. And for him that is nothing short of a miracle!!

I think that's impressive for a 26 year old, let alone a 6 year old. What a marvellous little man.

I think that's impressive for a 26 year old, let alone a 6 year old. What a marvellous little man.

The rain defeated us today :(
It was a steady downpour for about 6 hours :sad2:
So tomorrow we have to hit it hard, so much to fit it, but I did get some great photos, the architecture here is amazing!

This hotel is great, and the location :thumbsup2

So many police around too, I've noticed people stopping everywhere and speaking to them and from what I've seen they're very approachable (except for the swat team disembarking their vehicle in Times Square with big guns :scared1: but nobody batted an eyelid and they just all went about their business)

I too was blown away by the police presence. It actually really helped make me feel super safe while I was there.

I think it's funny how people don't take red lights seriously when they are crossing roads around Times Square. They just keep walking and make the cars stop :lmao:

I (we) love this place, I'm already putting things in the memory bank for next time.
We haven't done alot, Top of The Rock tomorrow, the last two days visibility has been at 0%
We did see Stevie Wonder today though, not something you see every day :thumbsup2
This hotel is awesome, great location, very safe, I haven't been anywhere that I feel uneasy at.

Today we also did The Met museum, the museum of natural history and very briefly Central Park, then F.A.O Schwarz.

Flying to LA tomorrow night :(
The upside? Disneyland...my happy place ::yes::

I also love nyc. Our time there was tragically short and i was already planning a return visit whilst boarding my flight out of nyc. Hope you have a magical time in disneyland

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter