7 flights, 6 hotels, 1 cruise ship and a major stuff up...brace yourself UPDATE!

Good to hear you are having a great time-apart from a minor mishap or two. Looking forward to full TR and pics showing all the loot from MNSSHP so some of us can drool.

We're hitting Hollywood studios again today, after the unsuccessful visit earlier in the week, and DH is playing golf :joker:
DS wants to do Jedi training academy which you need to register for so I'll be running to do that at 9am.
Then fastpass Toy Story Midway Mania, waits get very long for this :crazy2:

I cancelled a few of our ADR's, Chef Mickey's, Coral Reef and House of Blues. We got sickof racing to get somewhere for dinner or whatever meal it is, dinner is pretty casual at home so why not here...

We're hitting Hollywood studios again today, after the unsuccessful visit earlier in the week, and DH is playing golf :joker:
DS wants to do Jedi training academy which you need to register for so I'll be running to do that at 9am.
Then fastpass Toy Story Midway Mania, waits get very long for this :crazy2:

I cancelled a few of our ADR's, Chef Mickey's, Coral Reef and House of Blues. We got sickof racing to get somewhere for dinner or whatever meal it is, dinner is pretty casual at home so why not here...

Hope you got the Jedi training and TSM sorted out! Last week we were at the HS gates by 8.25. Go to the far right turnstile and it's usually the shortest. We were able to fastpass and ride TSM with minimal waits, I love September crowds! :goodvibes

Andona

Day started off badly :sad:

DS and I got dropped off at Hollywood Studio's at 8:40 heaps of people already :scratchin
We're walking to the gate and DS is being a grumpy little so and so :faint:
I'm trying to perk him up, keep mentioning Jedi training and TSM, he's giving me nothing :sad:
I manage to get him into Jedi training for 12:40, we get a fastpass for TSM, go n the backlot tour, get off and he says "I don't feel well" :crazy2:
Proceeds to vomit into the garden :worried:
I ask him if he wants to go home, nope.
We sit for awhile, the look at a new lanyard (star wars of course) and pins, grab them, then amazingly he feels better.

To be continued...

I'm back :)

So yes, new pintrading lanyard and pins and he feels better :cheer2:
Obviously something wasn't right but now it's like there was never anything wrong :scratchin
Photos with Sully and Mike Wazowski :goodvibes
We went to the Honey I shrunk the kids play area and he's running around Like a cut snake.
Muppets 3D, then photos with Lightning McQueen and Mater.
So far so good.
Headed for a quick service lunch, burger for me and nuggets for him, he wants to eat so he must be feeling better :thumbsup2
Then Jedi training, it was so good to see him do it, he'd been talking about it for ages! The photo pass photographer took photos which you can add to your photo pass account :thumbsup2
Then TSM with fastpass, we collected our FP's just after we signed up for Jedi training and the actual standby line then was a 50 minute wait :crazy2: FP's were depleted by the time we returned for our ride at 1:15 :crazy2:
We looked around at some merchandise, I haven bought a lot (but I have bought a few pins :goodvibes)
After all this DS says he wants to ride splash mountain, it was a very hot day, so we got the bus to MK and ran and got FP's for it then used a snack credit, rode space mountain, went in the water spray things in Fantasyland :joker: (I wasn't the only adult ;)) then walked back to Splash and it started to spit, then we get to splash and walk up the steps, look outside and it is bucketing :rotfl:
So we rode it anyway ;) we were always going to get wet anyway.
We thought we'd leave after that, saturated, tired, but overall a successful day after the initial chucking :cheer2:
Headed to The Cheesecake factory for dinner, we all had just an appetizer which was quite enough then got cheesecake to go :thumbsup2

Aside from the up-chuck, sounds like you had a great day.

Have an extra cheesecake for me.

becpee said:
I'm back :)

So yes, new pintrading lanyard and pins and he feels better :cheer2:
Obviously something wasn't right but now it's like there was never anything wrong :scratchin
Photos with Sully and Mike Wazowski :goodvibes
We went to the Honey I shrunk the kids play area and he's running around Like a cut snake.
Muppets 3D, then photos with Lightning McQueen and Mater.
So far so good.
Headed for a quick service lunch, burger for me and nuggets for him, he wants to eat so he must be feeling better :thumbsup2
Then Jedi training, it was so good to see him do it, he'd been talking about it for ages! The photo pass photographer took photos which you can add to your photo pass account :thumbsup2
Then TSM with fastpass, we collected our FP's just after we signed up for Jedi training and the actual standby line then was a 50 minute wait :crazy2: FP's were depleted by the time we returned for our ride at 1:15 :crazy2:
We looked around at some merchandise, I haven bought a lot (but I have bought a few pins :goodvibes)
After all this DS says he wants to ride splash mountain, it was a very hot day, so we got the bus to MK and ran and got FP's for it then used a snack credit, rode space mountain, went in the water spray things in Fantasyland :joker: (I wasn't the only adult ;)) then walked back to Splash and it started to spit, then we get to splash and walk up the steps, look outside and it is bucketing :rotfl:
So we rode it anyway ;) we were always going to get wet anyway.
We thought we'd leave after that, saturated, tired, but overall a successful day after the initial chucking :cheer2:
Headed to The Cheesecake factory for dinner, we all had just an appetizer which was quite enough then got cheesecake to go :thumbsup2

Admire your energy and healing powers!

After a start like that you had a really full day - glad to hear he felt better quickly:)

Wow, a bumpy start turned into an awesome day. You truly have amazing staying power and are such a trooper. Good for you. I'm so glad your son was seriously ill. Sometimes a boy just needs to chuck :rotfl2:.

Where is the Cheesecake Factory located?

Wow, a bumpy start turned into an awesome day. You truly have amazing staying power and are such a trooper. Good for you. I'm so glad your son was seriously ill. Sometimes a boy just needs to chuck :rotfl2:.

Where is the Cheesecake Factory located?

:rotfl: chuck is the least of my problem, today beat the up chuck a treat :lmao:
We went to IHOP for brunch, lazy day, it was close to midday and we're sitting there waiting for our order.
Sitting in a booth and my DS is sitting up on his knees, leaning on the table then whispers across the table "oh my God, I just did poo"
I'm all like "um what? What do you mean you just did poo?"
"I just did it" and he proceeds to run to the restroom, DH chasing him and I'm waiting for it to run down his shorts leg or something :crazy2:
The order comes while they're in the restroom and I sit there eating like nothing weird is going on :scratchin and the boys return.
My DH says "I threw his jocks out, but I made him wipe it up himself" :p
They then sat there and ate their brunch :laughing:

Why me?

The cheesecake factory is at Mall at Millenia, but it is a chain, check out their website, the menus very extensive and very reasonably priced.
DH and I both had appetizers for dinner and still got the cheesecake to go, their main size meals are enormous.

We headed to T-Rex tonight, great meal, I had a rib and chicken combo, didn't eat the fries, but it came with a side of veggies which I did eat :joker:
All the while we ate there is a child of about 3 sitting in a stroller at the table across from us, facing us (not facing her family), and she continuously coughed through the meal, coughing pretty much at us :crazy2: not covering her mouth, and of course her family couldn't see her coughing, drives me bonkers.
Do people not teach their kids to cough into their elbow or arm???

No parks for us today, though maybe DS was feeling a little off color :crazy2:
Narcoossees for dinner tomorrow!
Magic Kingdom for maybe the last time :sad:
Sunday, no plans as yet.
Monday, heading to New York City :cool1:

Looks like you've got it from both ends now from DS. I guess you could call that your own personal double barrel shotgun.

Sorry DS is off-colour...but at least you can LMAO (still).

Hope he feels better soon.

(Can I cough now??)

Looks like you've got it from both ends now from DS. I guess you could call that your own personal double barrel shotgun.

Sorry DS is off-colour...but at least you can LMAO (still).

Hope he feels better soon.

(Can I cough now??)

:crazy2:

All I could do was laugh or I'd have lost my $hit
We all had a sleep yesterday afternoon so hopefully today will be betteraftera rest day :thumbsup2

Cough away, I'll hide under the table :upsidedow

How awful for you! And poor DS:( Hope that is the end of it.

On a more pleasant topic how were the pancakes?

How awful for you! And poor DS:( Hope that is the end of it.

On a more pleasant topic how were the pancakes?

Well, me and IHOP, we're besties, we're like peas and carrots, like Forrest and Jenny, like Batman and Robin, like...I guess you probably get it :p

The pancakes were great :thumbsup2

Well, me and IHOP, we're besties, we're like peas and carrots, like Forrest and Jenny, like Batman and Robin, like...I guess you probably get it :p

The pancakes were great :thumbsup2

good to hear:thumbsup2 I loves me a pancake (or two).

Oh Bec, you have been having your troubles haven't you! Hope it's all over now! :thumbsup2
You have that good ol' Aussie stoicism, though, and continue on through thick and thin..!!! :goodvibes
Thanks for keeping us updated!! :)

Oh Bec, you have been having your troubles haven't you! Hope it's all over now! :thumbsup2
You have that good ol' Aussie stoicism, though, and continue on through thick and thin..!!! :goodvibes
Thanks for keeping us updated!! :)

You gotta roll with it :thumbsup2

The dining plan has worked awesome for us, we have 13 snack credits left with 1 day to go :lmao:
We had dinner at Narcoossee's tonight, 2 table service credits each, but so worth it ::yes::
I had a Maine lobster with strawberry shortcake for dessert.
DH had filet mignon and lobster with a baked choc mousse with a caramel bourbon sauce and brandy snap.
DS had grilled chicken with veggies and a massive memo cupcake.
Seriously amazing meal.
I have read some reviews where people have said that it's not worth 2 credits, rocks in their head tell you!
Then we headed out to the landing and watched wishes, better view than in the park I think, they had the music going as well.

The young lady that showed us to our seats used to live 2 streets away from our old home, such a small world, we have mutual friends :laughing:

You gotta roll with it :thumbsup2

The dining plan has worked awesome for us, we have 13 snack credits left with 1 day to go :lmao:

You can go to one of the candy stores and use your snack credits on candy to take home and give as presents. We had heaps of snack credits left too so that's what we did :thumbsup2

You can go to one of the candy stores and use your snack credits on candy to take home and give as presents. We had heaps of snack credits left too so that's what we did :thumbsup2

Yeah, pretty sure we'll be stocking up.

When we get back I'll have to rejoin the "get fit for your trip" thread,
I bought a dress at Macy's the first week we were here, fitted nicely, now it's a bit :crowded:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter