7 Days of Dining at Disney - April 2015 - Finished! 12/30 San Angel Inn

Awesome reviews!!! Following along :)

:welcome: Happy to have you along.

Wow, that tuna entree sounds just fantastic...and so does the kid-free dinner lol. What a great idea to have them watch the kids so you can have a nice dinner! Love it! And the dessert looked really good too...you are making me want to go check out the menu there online...gonna go do that right after this comment lol. Also, that ginger beer drink your DH had...yum...and I love the cup it came in!

It was great. The boys had a much better time at the kids club. I love those mugs, too. I wish I could justify buying a set just to have cocktails. :laughing:

Your drink sounds fab and the ahi looks delicious! So happy you two could have a nice date! :D

Everything was so delicious. Thanks! :goodvibes

Great reviews! I love BlueZoo and it looks like you had a great meal.

:welcome: Thanks. I love it now, too. It was great. :goodvibes

The cocktails look fantastic!

I LOVE fattyfattyfatty pork belly but understand it's not for everyone. Good for you for trying it, though!!

Interesting about the babysitting. Thanks for sharing!

The drinks were awesome. I was definitely glad I tried it but I probably would choose something else next time. ::yes::

Day 3: Lunch at Grand Floridian Cafe

We took a break from Magic Kingdom this day to take the monorail over to The Grand Floridian. We'd never visited the Grand Floridian and I wanted to explore buy we didn't have much time before the reservation.

We were shown right to a table. The decor of the dining room isn't really my taste but I liked that it was bright and quiet. Aidan ordered the kids Chicken Noodle Soup which I don't have a picture of. I got the French Onion Soup:

DSC_0417TR.jpg

I shared this with DH and we both thought it was delicious. He doesn't like cheese or the crouton so I ate that and a couple bites of soup and he finished it off.

Sammy got Chicken Nuggets:

DSC_0420TR.jpg

Exciting, am I right?

Aidan got the Grilled Chicken:

DSC_0419TR.jpg

Both boys enjoyed their meals, there were no complaints.

I had the Falafel Burger:

DSC_0421TR.jpg

Falafel Burger: with Chipotle Hummus on a Brioche Bun served with your choice of Cucumber Salad

I'm sorry about the weird angle. I was trying to take the photos as fast as possible before they all started eating. I loved this sandwich! From the brioche bun to the hummus everything went really well together. The cucumber salad was much better than the one we'd had at Beach Club Market place.

DH had the Tuna Nicoise Salad:

DSC_0418TR.jpg

Tuna Niçoise Salad:
Prepared Medium-rare with Mixed Greens, Eggs, Fingerling Potatoes, Green Beans, Kalamata Olives, and Tomatoes served with Black Olive Bread

DH loved this. If I hadn't had tuna the night before at bluezoo it would have been my choice also.

This was a nice break from MK. While not our favorite meal it definitely the best lunch we've had thus far.

Columbia Harbour House is next.

Last edited:
Day 3: Lunch at Grand Floridian Cafe

We took a break from Magic Kingdom this day to take the monorail over to The Grand Floridian. We'd never visited the Grand Floridian and I wanted to explore buy we didn't have much time before the reservation.

We were shown right to a table. The decor of the dining room isn't really my taste but I liked that it was bright and quiet. Aidan ordered the kids Chicken Noodle Soup which I don't have a picture of. I got the French Onion Soup:

View attachment 94720

I shared this with DH and we both thought it was delicious. He doesn't like cheese or the crouton so I ate that and a couple bites of soup and he finished it off.

Sammy got Chicken Nuggets:

View attachment 94723

Exciting, am I right?

Aidan got the Grilled Chicken:

View attachment 94722

Both boys enjoyed their meals, there were no complaints.

I had the Falafel Burger:

View attachment 94724

Falafel Burger: with Chipotle Hummus on a Brioche Bun served with your choice of Cucumber Salad

I'm sorry about the weird angle. I was trying to take the photos as fast as possible before they all started eating. I loved this sandwich! From the brioche bun to the hummus everything went really well together. The cucumber salad was much better than the one we'd had at Beach Club Market place.

DH had the Tuna Nicoise Salad:

View attachment 94721

Tuna Niçoise Salad:
Prepared Medium-rare with Mixed Greens, Eggs, Fingerling Potatoes, Green Beans, Kalamata Olives, and Tomatoes served with Black Olive Bread

DH loved this. If I hadn't had tuna the night before at bluezoo it would have been my choice also.

This was a nice break from MK. While not our favorite meal it definitely the best lunch we've had thus far.

Columbia Harbour House is next.
Mmmm that tuna nicoise salad looks scrumptious! Glad it was a yummy lunch!

That Falafel burger looks fantastic....I actually went to the menu online just now to see if they serve it for dinner because I was thinking we might try that place one night...but sadly it isn't on the dinner menu. Wonder if they'd make it for me anyway lol...sounds so yummy!! And what a nice way to take a lunch break from MK!

Your Bluezoo pics had my mouth watering! What beautiful food! That dessert was so pretty it would be hard for me to mess it up by eating it! It looks like it was a great "date night" choice. Cool that they offer free 2 hrs. Of babysitting when you order an entree! Bonus !:flower:

I had the serenity: a masterful combination of square one cucumber vodka, st. germain elderflower liqueur, muddled strawberries, basil, rosemary, and a splash of lime and pineapple juice.
Serenity now, Serenity now, Serenity now.
6a00d83452cd1869e201539198016c970b-800wi.jpg

Seriously? Can I get one of those serenity's, now!!! It looks ah-maze-ing

But I learned that don't really like pork belly, it's way too fatty for me.
I'm with ya on the fat. If they do it crispy enough I like it, but its hard to get it just right.

He brought a Kendall Jackson Pinot Grigio.
Doesn't seem like a very imaginative wine pairing considering you'd opened the aperture to just about anything

blackened ahi tuna: spring garlic puree, artichokes barigoule, asparagus, kalamata olive soil
I've never eaten this, but think I may have just found my favorite disney meal ; ) That fish looks almost fake it is so fresh and cooked perfectly. And anything with artichokes and olives is always good in my book.
What a good idea to serve a falafel burger style. Glad it was as good as it looks

I had a lot to catch up on! Your No Way Jose pics brought back wonderful memories of our Aug. trip last year.....that sundae is delicious :cloud9:

Yours is the first BlueZoo review I've read! Never really checked out their menu but think now I'll take a quick look :thumbsup2

Nice to see you enjoyed Grand Floridian Cafe, we haven't been there either but it's on my "maybe" list for Nov.!

That Falafel burger looks fantastic....I actually went to the menu online just now to see if they serve it for dinner because I was thinking we might try that place one night...but sadly it isn't on the dinner menu. Wonder if they'd make it for me anyway lol...sounds so yummy!! And what a nice way to take a lunch break from MK!

It was so good. Maybe they would make it for you. It was a great lunch.

Your Bluezoo pics had my mouth watering! What beautiful food! That dessert was so pretty it would be hard for me to mess it up by eating it! It looks like it was a great "date night" choice. Cool that they offer free 2 hrs. Of babysitting when you order an entree! Bonus !:flower:

It was a great deal and the food was fantastic. I know what you mean about the dessert, it's like art. :goodvibes

Serenity now, Serenity now, Serenity now.

:lmao:

53618444, member: 291374"]I'm with ya on the fat. If they do it crispy enough I like it, but its hard to get it just right.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I thought it would be crispier. The server described it like bacon but I wouldn't describe it like that. :confused3

Doesn't seem like a very imaginative wine pairing considering you'd opened the aperture to just about anything

That's what I thought. I went back and looked at the wine list and they don't have many wines by the glass. Since I'd nixed Chardonnay I think the only other option would have been 2 sauv blancs. Oh, well. It was a fine pairing, I just wish it had been something I hadn't had before.

I've never eaten this, but think I may have just found my favorite disney meal ; ) That fish looks almost fake it is so fresh and cooked perfectly. And anything with artichokes and olives is always good in my book.

What a good idea to serve a falafel burger style. Glad it was as good as it looks

It was so good. The brioche bun and hummus were yum!

I had a lot to catch up on! Your No Way Jose pics brought back wonderful memories of our Aug. trip last year.....that sundae is delicious :cloud9:

Yours is the first BlueZoo review I've read! Never really checked out their menu but think now I'll take a quick look :thumbsup2

Nice to see you enjoyed Grand Floridian Cafe, we haven't been there either but it's on my "maybe" list for Nov.!

It really is. We should have ordered 2. :rotfl:I wonder if bluezoo is sometimes overlooked because it's in the Dolphin. I thought the food was fantastic and you can't beat the babysitting deal (if that's something that interests you). The food at GFC was great, it was a perfect lunch break from the parks. :thumbsup2

Day 3: Dinner at Columbia Harbour House

After lunch at Grand Floridian Cafe we headed back to Magic Kingdom for the afternoon. We had FPs to view the Electrical Parrade so we planned to get a quick service dinner before the parade. My first choice was Columbia Harbour House because I knew the menu would appeal to my family.
We ordered quickly and I headed upstairs to find a table thanks to the DIS. :disrocks:

DH had the battered fish plate with broccoli:

DSC_0463TR.jpg

He liked the fish but the broccoli was way overcooked. The coleslaw was surprisingly good, not too heavy on the mayo.

I had the Fried Shrimp Plate:

DSC_0464TR.jpg

I definitely had the best meal of the night. The shrimp were lightly fried and tasty.

I thought my sons would want the fish since it's their favorite at home but they threw me some curve balls. Aidan went with the chicken nuggets kids meal:

DSC_0466TR.jpg

I didn't expect him to order a kid's meal because it's not enough food for him anymore but I think he was distracted by the grapes and the yogurt. :rolleyes1

Sam went with the mac and cheese :scared1:

DSC_0465TR.jpg

Aidan ate all of his meal and a couple of DH's fish pieces. I knew it wouldn't be enough food for him. :cool:

Sammy claimed that he loved the mac and cheese but after 3 bites refused to finish it. He ended up eating most of my shrimp. :sad2: I resigned myself to having to eat his mac & cheese when Aidan decided he would eat it. :confused:

It's funny when you go from finishing off your kids' meals to them eating half of your meal. :rotfl2:

I think I would say this meal overall was just okay. We didn't order well. I think if we'd stuck with the fried fish/seafood and fries we would have had a good meal. I think I made the best choice because I'd done the research. :laughing:

We didn't get dessert so before the parade we stopped over at Sleepy Hollow for dessert. I didn't take any pictures, I'm sorry. We got the Funnel Cake with Strawberries and Whipped Cream and the Ice Cream Sandwich, splitting them each 4 ways.

These looked way better than they tasted. I remember that the cookie wasn't very good, stale and too sweet. I also thought that I would want to try the funnel cake without the toppings. It also could be that we had to split each one 4 ways and that's tough to do with paper plates and plastic utensils.

Les Halles Boulangerie-Patisserie is next.

Last edited:
Your meal at bluezoo looks AMAZING! I agree w/ the decor at those hotels - tacky is such an appropriate description, hahaha.

Your tuna looks just delicious.. I have only recently tried tuna that isn't the kind from out of a can, and I must say, it's much better. ;) But really, everything you ordered looks great.

Ok, now that looks yummy! Seems like GF Cafe is one of those restaurants you never think to go to.. we'll have to try sometime.

I definitely had the best meal of the night. The shrimp were lightly fried and tasty.

Mmmmm... it looks like you did! I do like their chicken nuggets and fish.. so I can't blame Aidan for needing more, haha. I love CHH - and the DIS definitely gives the best tips by telling you to sit upstairs - I swear no one knows the upstairs exists!

We didn't get dessert so before the parade we stopped over at Sleepy Hollow for dessert. I didn't take any pictures, I'm sorry. We got the Funnel Cake with Strawberries and Whipped Cream and the Ice Cream Sandwich, splitting them each 4 ways.

Yum! I've had the cookie sandwich but never the funnel cake.. sounds yummy.

Can't wait to read more about Les Halles.. I <3 that place!!!

That fried shrimp does look like the best out of the meals you got!! I am sad that the funnel cake was a bit dissappointing!!

We had lunch at the Columbia Harbor House when we did the Keys to the Kingdom tour. I got the fried shrimp and loved it. We went back there in September and it was just as good. It really is a decent amount of food.

Your tuna looks just delicious.. I have only recently tried tuna that isn't the kind from out of a can, and I must say, it's much better. ;) But really, everything you ordered looks great.

It's like it's not even the same fish.

Seems like GF Cafe is one of those restaurants you never think to go to.. we'll have to try sometime.

Definitely it's worth the try. It was a great break from the park and the food was fantastic.

Mmmmm... it looks like you did! I do like their chicken nuggets and fish.. so I can't blame Aidan for needing more, haha. I love CHH - and the DIS definitely gives the best tips by telling you to sit upstairs - I swear no one knows the upstairs exists!

Sitting upstairs definitely made for a relaxing meal. We were in our own little corner.

That fried shrimp does look like the best out of the meals you got!! I am sad that the funnel cake was a bit dissappointing!!

The shrimp were great! It tasted ok, I think the hassle of splitting it up was the disappointment

You ordered best at that place for sure! I'm sure your son agrees. ;)

He definitely did.

I'm joining in! You're making me quite hungry as well :rotfl2:

:welcome: Thank you!

We had lunch at the Columbia Harbor House when we did the Keys to the Kingdom tour. I got the fried shrimp and loved it. We went back there in September and it was just as good. It really is a decent amount of food.

It is a lot so it wasn't so bad splitting it with my son.

Day 4: Breakfast at Les Halles Boulangerie-Patisserie

On this morning we took the Friendship Boat from the Yacht Club over to Epcot. We headed right over to France for breakfast.

DSC_0531TR.jpg

It was really quiet at this time so I took the opportunity to get some photos while it was empty. I'll just share a couple before we get to the food.

DSC_0525TR.jpg

DSC_0529TR.jpg

It was completely overwhelming when we entered and I saw all those amazing foods in the cases. The friendly CM was happily ready to take our order but I had no idea what to get.

I wish I'd taken pictures of everything, it all looked amazing.

The boys of course wanted something sweet and chocolatey but I tried to be reasonable and ordered them each a plain croissant.

DSC_0534TR.jpg

They liked these and they disappeared quickly. As I'm writing this I realize that we were on vacation and I probably should have let them get something sweet. Oh, well. :confused3

DH had the Quiche Lorraine with ham and gruyere:

DSC_0533TR.jpg

He loved this. He doesn't like a lot of cheese so that dollop in the center he gave to me.

I had a lot of trouble picking something. There wasn't really anything that I would usually get for breakfast. I make myself an egg on toast every morning so I would have gone with an egg sandwich of some sort but they didn't have anything like that. I usually don't like anything sweet for breakfast so pastries were out.

I saw that I could either get my egg in a quiche or cheese on toast. I went with this:

DSC_0532TR.jpg

I am such a bad food reviewer! :o I have no idea what this is. I can't seem to find it anywhere on a menu. It was a big slice of bread with some cheese - that's goat cheese in the center - and a tomato spread of some kind. It was not what I expected but it was super tasty. DH liked it, too, when he tried it.

Flower & Garden Outdoor Kitchens is next.

Last edited:
I have no idea what this is. I can't seem to find it anywhere on a menu. It was a big slice a bread with some cheese - that's goat cheese in the center - and a tomato spread of some kind. It was not what I expected but it was super tasty. DH liked it, too, when he tried it.

Again your choice looks best! I too do not do sweet breakfasts and always choose something savory instead. Can't go too wrong with broiled bread and goat cheese! :-)

I'm sure I'd be overwhelmed with the choices there too...but looks like you did ok! I'd be interested in knowing that that thing was that you ended up getting was!

Day 4: Lunch at Epcot F&G Outdoor Kitchens

For lunch we decided to start in Mexico and eat around the world at the outdoor kitchens.

In retrospect we probably would have been better off choosing a counter service restaurant somewhere and having a larger meal because once the boys started eating they didn't want to stop and were cranky until they were full which wasn't until about Japan. :rotfl2:

We skipped Mexico because it didn't look like anything would appeal to the boys.

Next we came to Lotus House and ordered the Vegetarian Spring Rolls and Kung Pao Chicken Bun.

DSC_0567TR.jpg

The boys each ate a spring roll which they loved. The didn't like the sauce, it was probably too spicy for them. I couldn't say for sure because they inhaled them and I never got a chance to try it. :rotfl:

DH and I split the bun. DH loved this. I liked the filling but I'm not a fan of the bun. It reminds me of what boiled Wonder bread must be like. :eek:

I was the only one who ordered at Florida Fresh. I love Key Lime Pie so I had to try the Key Lime Sparkling Wine and from reading reviews I knew I wanted the Shrimp and Stone-Ground Grits.

DSC_0574TR.jpg

The wine was delicious and super refreshing as it was hot. I really liked the shrimp and grits. There were several large shrimp so I was able to share them with Sam and DH. DH doesn't like grits but he tried the sausage. I thought the corn was tasty and the grits were buttery. I also remember that this was HOT, temperature hot not spicy hot. It was kind of uncomfortable trying to eat it in the hot sun.

At Primavera Kitchen we got the boys each an order of Cheese Manicotti.

DSC_0583TR.jpg

Sorry about the little boy hand, they were ravenous. :rotfl:They loved these. When I asked what they thought Sammy made a "mind blown" gesture. :laughing:

DH and I split the Fior di Latte, Prosciutto e Pane di casa.

DSC_0586TR.jpg

This was really good, I loved the drizzle of olive oil.

At the Smokehouse Cafe we tried one of everything:

DSC_0594TR.jpg

Pulled Pig Slider with Cole Slaw

DSC_0595TR.jpg

Smoked Debreziner Sausage with House Made Kraut and Mustard

DSC_0596TR.jpg

Beef Brisket Burnt Ends Hash with White Cheddar Fondue and Pickled Jalapeños

DSC_0597TR.jpg

“Piggylicious” bacon cupcake with maple frosting and pretzel crunch featuring Nueske’s® Applewood Smoked Bacon
I really wanted to try everything here but it was a mistake to share it 4 ways since the boys eat like animals. :lmao: By the time I grabbed napkins and utensils, Aidan had eaten most of the pulled pork out of the slider. :laughing: It just made the whole thing unappetizing to me. I with we'd just gotten our own things. Or DH and I could share and the boys get their own.

From what I remember everything was good. I don't like burnt meat so I ate around those piecs but what I tasted of the hash was good. DH really enjoyed the sausage. I thought the cupcake tasted alright, especially the frosting, but it reminded me of corn bread.
We got beers here, the Hefeweizen and the Stout. :thumbsup2

Lastly we had the Salmon Sushi and Teriyaki Curry Bun at Hanami.

DSC_0602TR.jpg

DSC_0603TR.jpg

The sushi was good but I thought it was small based on the size of all the other samples we tried. The curry filling of the bun was surprising but tasty. I had the same response to this bun as I did at China but DH enjoyed it.

So not the best experience. The food was great but not really something to do with our kids I learned. If we do this or F&W again we'll probably get the boys a full meal and then DH can enjoy sampling different things. :thumbsup2

Biergarten is next.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter