7 Days of Dining at Disney - April 2015 - Finished! 12/30 San Angel Inn

Great reviews so far! I dream about the No Way Jose! I have yet to get to Beaches & Cream, but I will make it there someday!

OMG, that no way Jose looks mighty decadent! Between your DR and Billie's I'm going to have a huge list of places to try for our next trip...... I've got a suspicion it's going to be all about the food ! We have never ever done TS restaurants at DW so these reports are hugely valuable for me! :-)

Beaches & Cream is on my Bucket List and has been for some time! That Salmon sandwich looks delicious! And I've been eyeballing that No Way Jose for a while now... I don't have any room on my December trip, but I might trip to work this one in during my 2016 trip! :cutie:

B & C is now on my list to try that no way jose dessert...it looks amazing ..thanks for your reviews

I thought Beaches and Cream was really good too on our trip...I only wished I had saved more room for dessert! That sundae looks fantastic!! The salmon sandwich sounded really good too! Soo much food...so little time!

Day 2: Breakfast at Pizzafari

We were up early and on our way to Animal Kingdom for EMH. We arrived shortly after 8:00 and stopped at Pizzafari for some breakfast. It was nearly empty at that hour so we got our breakfast quickly.

I don't know why but I only have a picture of my meal. If I remember correctly the boys split a Bounty Platter and DH had his own. I had the Breakfast Croissant which is described as: Toasted Multigrain Croissant with Egg Whites, Spinach, Provolone and Vegetable Chutney served with Breakfast Potatoes.

DSC_0154TR.jpg

This was very good. I love the multigrain croissants at Disney, I wish I could buy them in the supermarket. The chutney was really flavorful and added to the sandwich. I liked the little muffin shaped breakfast potatoes but the boys didn't like them at all. They fought over the bacon on their shared platter so it wasn't as bad as I'd heard it may be. :thumbsup2

Restaurantosaurus is next.

Last edited:

Day 2: Lunch at Restaurantosaurus

We somehow ended up at Restaurantosaurus for lunch. I had hoped to have either Flame Tree BBQ or Yak and Yeti but a combination of a cranky kid and proximity had us ordering lunch here.

It was around 1:00 and super busy but the line moved fairly quickly and soon we were looking for a table. It took us a while to find an empty table but we finally did. Here is a shot of our tray:

DSC_0291TR.jpg

DH and I split the Chicken BLT Salad and the Grilled Chicken Sandwich. Aidan had the Chicken Breast Nuggets from the regular menu and Sammy chose the kids cheeseburger meal that came in a little pail with shovel that our pack mule a.k.a DH had to carry around all day. :rotfl2:

Lunch was good. We were pretty hungry so we weren't too picky. I liked the salad even though it was heavy on the dressing. The grilled chicken sandwich was pretty basic, I don't remember much about it. The fries were fine. The boys ate all their food so I assume they liked it. They had water with lemon set up (you can see them on the bottom left of the tray) so that's what we had to drink except for Sam who got chocolate milk with his meal.

bluezoo is next.

Last edited:
Great reviews so far! I dream about the No Way Jose! I have yet to get to Beaches & Cream, but I will make it there someday!
:welcome: Thank you! I had dreamed about it, too. I was not disappointed. :thumbsup2

OMG, that no way Jose looks mighty decadent! Between your DR and Billie's I'm going to have a huge list of places to try for our next trip...... I've got a suspicion it's going to be all about the food ! We have never ever done TS restaurants at DW so these reports are hugely valuable for me! :-)

I still have a huge list of places to try. Too many restaurants, too little time. I hope my reports help. :)

Beaches & Cream is on my Bucket List and has been for some time! That Salmon sandwich looks delicious! And I've been eyeballing that No Way Jose for a while now... I don't have any room on my December trip, but I might trip to work this one in during my 2016 trip! :cutie:

The sandwich was very good, I'm glad I ordered it. I hope you get to go and try the No Way Jose. It's awesome! :thumbsup2

B & C is now on my list to try that no way jose dessert...it looks amazing ..thanks for your reviews

No problem. Thanks for reading along. :goodvibes

Following along! Dining reports are my favorites :D
:welcome: They are my favorite, too. I'm glad I get to write one of my own now. :)

I thought Beaches and Cream was really good too on our trip...I only wished I had saved more room for dessert! That sundae looks fantastic!! The salmon sandwich sounded really good too! Soo much food...so little time!

I made sure I had room because it was pretty much my whole reasoning for making the ADR. Splitting it four ways also helped. :rolleyes: The sandwich was awesome!

Catching up on your first couple of days.

Despite being to voluminous, those onion rings look absolutely divine. Though from reading your TR, I thought you all had nothing but ice cream for dinner ; ) Speaking of which, I can't believe how huge that thing is.

I had no idea Pizzafari served breakfast. That croissant of yours does sounds good.

Never done Restaurantasaurous, but I've completely been in the its close and my kid needs to eat situation (hello ABC Commissary). Glad it hit the proverbial spot.

Can't wait to hear about Bluezoo. Haven't been there since pre-child, so looking forward to seeing what they been up to the last 5 years ; )

Was wondering where to grab a quick breakie at AK and you have now solved my dilemma. Thanks.

Very nice food reviews and reporting Colleen. :-) Eager to see Bluezoo as the food sounds quite tasty! *cheers*~Rebecca

Can't WAIT to hear about bluezoo!

I hope to have it up soon.

Catching up on your first couple of days.

Despite being to voluminous, those onion rings look absolutely divine. Though from reading your TR, I thought you all had nothing but ice cream for dinner ; ) Speaking of which, I can't believe how huge that thing is.

I had no idea Pizzafari served breakfast. That croissant of yours does sounds good.

Never done Restaurantasaurous, but I've completely been in the its close and my kid needs to eat situation (hello ABC Commissary). Glad it hit the proverbial spot.

Can't wait to hear about Bluezoo. Haven't been there since pre-child, so looking forward to seeing what they been up to the last 5 years ; )

DH enjoyed the onion rings even if I didn't. It was big but not too much when split 4 ways. I think Pizzafari and Kusafiri Coffee shop are the two QS breakfast places. I really wanted to try a sandwich at Kusafiri but it didn't have anything the boys were interested in. I hope to post about bluezoo once I've caught up with my TR.

Was wondering where to grab a quick breakie at AK and you have now solved my dilemma. Thanks.

Glad to help. :goodvibes

Very nice food reviews and reporting Colleen. :-) Eager to see Bluezoo as the food sounds quite tasty! *cheers*~Rebecca

:welcome: Thank you. :)

Day 2: Dinner at Todd English's bluezoo

After a long day at Animal Kingdom we returned to the hotel to freshen up for dinner. DH and I were headed to the Dolphin for dinner at bluezoo and the boys were to spend their evening at Camp Dolphin. We took the walk from the Yacht Club to the Dolphin. We were a few minutes early so we took a look around the hotel before checking the boys into the camp. While I really liked the decor of the restaurant I didn't really like the look of the hotel itself. Maybe it's the comparison to Disney's resorts but it seems pretty tacky to me.

Check in at Camp Dolphin went smoothly. We were given a card to present to our server to let them know we were using the Camp so they would give us an itemized receipt for when we returned to pick up the kids. When you purchase an entree at the restaurant (there may be other restaurants included in his as well, I'm not sure) you get 2 free hours of babysitting. We were back within the two hours for the two kids so their evening was free including dinner. They bring all the kids over to Picabu, a quick service restaurant, for dinner.

After the boys were checked in we headed over to the restaurant.

DSC_333TR.jpg

We were seated right away in a cozy corner table by the window where we were able to share a bench seat. I didn't take many pictures of the interior but I really loved these light fixtures.

DSC_0320TR.jpg

Our server Greg was fantastic. He was friendly and attentive without being overbearing. We started with cocktails.

I had the serenity: a masterful combination of square one cucumber vodka, st. germain elderflower liqueur, muddled strawberries, basil, rosemary, and a splash of lime and pineapple juice. This was a perfect blend of tart and sweet. I loved it. I nearly slapped Greg's hand when he tried to take it away when there was one sip remaining. :rotfl:

DSC_0321TR.jpg

DH had the perfect storm: a riff on the classic, we utilize rhum clement 6yr. old rum, cinnamon syrup, fresh lime juice, and fever tree ginger beer. We've been making these at home lately. It was pretty much what it says on the tin and he enjoyed it.

DSC_0322TR.jpg

The breadbasket was a meal in itself. There was a focaccia, sourdough, and a flat bread that was almost like a cracker with sesame seeds. It came with a fennel butter that delicious..

DSC_0323TR.jpg

For an appetizer we were torn between the flatbread and the pork belly. Ultimately we chose the pork belly because we've never had it. Generally we wouldn't order a fatty piece of meat but I'd heard so many good things about it. Not just at this restaurant and others at Disney, but in other food writing and on cooking shows. Since we would be sharing they brought it out as two portions. This is mine:

DSC_0324TR.jpg

heritage pork belly: cornbread salad, bbq glaze, pickled onion

I loved that they plated these separately. We wouldn't have minded sharing but these individual portions are so sweet. The corn was fresh and I really liked the flavors on this dish. But I learned that don't really like pork belly, it's way too fatty for me. :sad2: I'm glad I tried it and I'm sure this version is the best there is so I wasn't disappointed at all. :thumbsup2

I asked Greg to bring a glass of white wine with my entree. I'm not picky, I just told him I didn't want a Chardonnay. He brought a Kendall Jackson Pinot Grigio. I'd had it before so I didn't get to try something new but it was good. I didn't get a pic because we've all seen glasses of white wine, right?

For my entree I went with the tuna:

DSC_0326TR.jpg

blackened ahi tuna: spring garlic puree, artichokes barigoule, asparagus, kalamata olive soil

The one thing that comes to mind when I think about this dish is FRESH. The tuna was the freshest I've ever tasted. Cutting into it was like cutting into a steak and it just melted in my mouth. The spring veggies were crisp and a perfect addition to the tuna. Just writing about this makes my mouth water.

DH had the simply fish:

DSC_0325TR.jpg

simply fish: our daily selection of finest fresh fish selected from coastal waters around the world, simply grilled on our teppanyaki grill, served with your selection of sauce - warm crabmeat, dijon mustard, and chives or sauce of the day.

The fish is Corvina which I've made at home so he knew he liked it. I can't remember what the sauce of the day was but he chose the crabmeat sauce. I just showed him the photo and he can't remember what came with it. It looks like arugula and he thought maybe some kind of radish. :confused3 All I know is that he loved it. I tasted it - the fish was perfectly cooked and the sauce was tasty.

We were undecided about dessert. DH suggested taking the boys out for ice cream or a cupcake or something after we picked them up. But I didn't want to miss out on a really special dessert so he agreed that if the restaurant made their dessert in-house that we would try it. Sure enough, they have a pastry chef so we asked for the dessert menu. ;)

DH is a chocolate lover but I can take it or leave it. He really wanted the truffles on the menu but for some reason I didn't want to "waste it" on candy so I asked him to choose something else. I remember seeing a carrot cake that I liked the sound of but we ended up with this beautiful thing:

DSC_0327TR.jpg

Greg described everything to me but I can't remember it. I should have taken better notes. So obviously it's berries and lime something on the left. I can say that every component of this dish was delicious. I was just surprised that he chose this as it's not really his or my first choice of dessert.

We settled the bill and headed over to grab the kids. The walk back took us past Picabu where we saw the kids still enjoying their dinner. We decided to let them finish up and we walked over to the hotel bar for a drink. It was at that time that we discovered that we'd forgotten our itemized receipt. DH went back and after a bit of a wait the very friendly manager found Greg and located our receipt.

This was clearly our best meal of the trip so far. The food and service were both fantastic. I found it hard to believe that anything else we had planned would beat it but you never know...

Grand Floridian Cafe is next.

Last edited:
Wow, that tuna entree sounds just fantastic...and so does the kid-free dinner lol. What a great idea to have them watch the kids so you can have a nice dinner! Love it! And the dessert looked really good too...you are making me want to go check out the menu there online...gonna go do that right after this comment lol. Also, that ginger beer drink your DH had...yum...and I love the cup it came in!

Your drink sounds fab and the ahi looks delicious! So happy you two could have a nice date! :D

The cocktails look fantastic!

I LOVE fattyfattyfatty pork belly but understand it's not for everyone. Good for you for trying it, though!!

Interesting about the babysitting. Thanks for sharing!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter