7/31/04 Rollcall

With regards to the wine package, is there a lot of choice, is it expensive. Myself and DW really just like white wines, and not very dry ones at that.

Hey Scott, we bought it last time and we found out that if you just like one or two types, you can get them each time. It was a nice package, helped make our dinners alittle more special and didn't seem too expensive. I would also recommend the wine tasting. It was $12 pp last summer.

You can add another cabin to the 7/31 list; my wife, daughter (she'll be 4 and is very into the Disney Princesses) and myself. This is first cruise on DCL (other cruises were large family groups on Royal Caribbean and a pre-daughter cruise in Australia on the barrier reef - very small boat, 100 passengers). We've picked an inside cabin (first time - have always had balconies before but had grandmothers in our room each time so they enjoyed the outside without having to leave the room if they didn't want to - moreover on DCL, the inside room is as large as the Royal Caribbean balcony room including the square foot area of the balcony, so I'm not too worried about feeling closed in) - we're on deck 7 as close as we can be to the "secret deck" - we figure practically everyone else on deck 7 has their own balcony, so the secret deck shouldn't get too crowded. We have no doubt the daughter will love the oceaneer club and will never want to leave. (I apologize for not knowing all the abbreviations everyone else uses). Right now interested in knowing if anyone else enjoyed the secret deck on 7 and if anyone has enjoyed staying on the ship during ports of call (as it happens, the last cruise in 2002 for my wife's mom's 75th birthday, went to the same three ports as the DCL 7 day western, so we're thinking we might stay on the ship some of those port days - especially as in Key West and Cozumel it should be easy on/easy off without tendering in - at least that was our experience in 2002). Castaway Cay will be a new experience as we've never been to a "private island" stop before.

Welcome fcrouch. Glad you can join us. We have a great group and are slowly getting to know each other.

We had an inside cabin last year with three of us. My son was 9. It was fine for the amount of time we spent in it.

The secret deck is nice and there is hardly anyone there most of the time.

We never stayed on ship in port but I hear there is enough to do and that the pools are nice and empty then.

See you soon,

Patti

Welcome to our small but hopefully growing DCL group! My question to you is.....what did you think of the Great Barrier Reef? My DH and I will be married 25 years in Summer'05 and we were thinking of visiting this area that summer. Would it be worth it? What did you think of it?

Again welcome.

OK let me in on the secret - what secret deck?????? maybe I've been there on my last cruise but didn't know it was a secret!!

Anyway weather has turned pretty cold and miserable here in scotland - how about with you guys.

Hey Scott!

Cold, miserable....try.....snowy, blizzardlike conditions!!!.....It's been snowing all day, we have about 8 inches on the ground with another 8 to go tomorrow! Be glad you're in Scotland!!! USA is getting blasted with Winter! Soon we will be at 200 days, let the time fly!!....Happy Holidays to all!

Well, the warmer temps are coming tomorrow. The blizzard's over, it wasn't that bad. Let's keep those diser's comin'!

Another few days and the much awaited cruise will no longer be next year!
I'm so looking forward to this vacation, most things are booked, flights, car hire, hotel at the port, 7 nights at the Boardwalk. Still need to decide whether to book park tickets from here or wait, also need to decide on any packages we wish to book on the cruise.

And I need to decide whether to pack my kilt for the formal nights, I'm not sure, I like wearing it but it's a long distance to carry it for a couple of nights out of 15.

Do any of you know which nights are the formal ones?

Hi everyone! You can add us to the list of Disney Cruisers for 7/31. We are going to be a party of 5: myself, my husband, DS (8), DD (5) and father in law. We have 2 cabins on the 5th floor. This is our 2nd Disney Cruise. We did the Eastern in 2001 and just loved it. Can't wait to get to know all of you!

Michelle

Welcome to the post Michpoit, always good to see a new face join us. We're also former eastern cruisers, and can't wait to take this voyage. How long ago did you book your vacation?

Another welcome mitchpoit. Can't wait to meet everyone. We are starting to get a good crowd.

I hope everyone is having a wonderful holiday season.

Scott.cambell I think you should bring your kilt.

See you soon. Patti

Thanks for all of the warm welcomes! We booked our cruise the 3rd week in December, exactly 1 week after we returned from WDW. I was going through vacation planning withdrawal! I hope you all have a very safe and happy New Year!

Michelle

Okay, out of all the folks who are currently reading this thread, (what, 6 now) how many are on early versus late dining rotation? We're on early as is 1 other family out of the four that are going with us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter