7/25/2013 Med. Mickey's 12 Night Italian Job - with Nice, Valletta and Dubrov !

Doingitagain... I think we talked to you on this year's Alaska cruise. At the DisMeet we talked about the Mediterranean cruise. DH is the guy with a bald head and all the tatoos... aka the guy who waited until the morning of to pack.

Sorry, not me. I wasn't able to make the DisMeet. Maybe this July 2013 cruise we will meet!

Anyone who has experience with BCN airport and port. What is the drive time from the port to BCN airport? How early can I make a return flight on the same day as disembarktion?

Anyone who has experience with BCN airport and port. What is the drive time from the port to BCN airport? How early can I make a return flight on the same day as disembarktion?[/QUOTEhip]

Without traffic, travel time is 20-30 minutes. We did the med cruise in 2010 and were able to take a 10:45 flight with plenty of time to spare. We were part of the first group off the ship, probably around 6:30 AM. We just told Guest Services our flight time during the cruise. It was nothing unusual to them and there were people who had even earlier flight. Would definitely do this flight time again rather than staying in Barcelona an additional day after cruise.

In the last two days our waitlist for a different room and our waitlist for the hotel prestay both cleared. Has something happened to open things up on this cruise?

Hi. This is my very first time posting!
We include: myself (I'm not saying how old I am!), my husband and son (13) and daughter (10). We are very excited and can't wait for the adventure to begin! This will be our kids first trip to Europe. My husband and I backed packed parts of Europe bk ( before kids!). Should be a slightly different experience!! We have booked a private guide for Naples and area and are taking the train into Rome and meeting our guide there. Haven't planned anything else yet. Our kids are very excited about meeting kids from other countries.

Welcome KellyCanada!

You sound like a planner. We have a cruise before this one, so it's been on the back burner. My girls will be 10 also.

Jill

I just found the Custom Pre-Arrival Guide on Disney's Castaway Club site when I clicked on my reservation. There is some nice information in it, especially deadlines. And as we book excursions, it creates an itinerary. And it shows Pirate Night on Day 9 (Dubrovnik day).

It has a lot of stuff that I used to have to look all over the Planning site to find, all packaged in one place! I plan to run this periodically to keep on top of the cruise, and for sure right before we leave.

Hi. I just booked our flights as Aircanada had a sale on this weekend. (We booked 2 through airmiles) We also booked the Pulitzer Hotel (good deal through Expedia). My kids are really pumped as we also booked Gladiator School. Yikes. I have to start saving again. Yes, I am a planner! I'm driving my husband crazy! He will get excited about this trip sometime in July.

I looked at the excursions that started showing up on DCls website.
On the Best of Rome tour, it had the following note: This tour is not available for the Disney Magic 12 Night Venice cruises as the Vatican Museums are not available to private groups.

Doingitagain said:
I looked at the excursions that started showing up on DCls website.
On the Best of Rome tour, it had the following note: This tour is not available for the Disney Magic 12 Night Venice cruises as the Vatican Museums are not available to private groups.

Wow, so strange.. We did the vatican museum with the dcl without any problem, sure it s not a private tour in the sence that the museum is crouded ! Maybe we are in rome on the day that all the museums are closed this time ?

Wow, so strange.. We did the vatican museum with the dcl without any problem, sure it s not a private tour in the sence that the museum is crouded ! Maybe we are in rome on the day that all the museums are closed this time ?

I think we are there on the day that they have free admission to the public, so they don't allow private tours. But you could still go and fight the crowds.

Doingitagain said:
I think we are there on the day that they have free admission to the public, so they don't allow private tours. But you could still go and fight the crowds.

I believe we were there on a free day too, because our gides sayed something like that.... It was a total dissaster, you have to go trough security and they found our backbacks too big... We've ended up exiting a compleet other way of the vatican museum without backpacks !!! Yikes !! One of the gides had to run like crasy to get them back before our train left !! Hated the whole thing, they should have said something before about backpacks and the problems they could give ...

I believe we were there on a free day too, because our gides sayed something like that.... It was a total dissaster, you have to go trough security and they found our backbacks too big... We've ended up exiting a compleet other way of the vatican museum without backpacks !!! Yikes !! One of the gides had to run like crasy to get them back before our train left !! Hated the whole thing, they should have said something before about backpacks and the problems they could give ...

When were were in the Med in 2007, I remember reading rules about backpacks so we really didn't carry anything along. And the guys wore zip off pants, so they could be in shorts most of the day and use the pant legs when in churches. DD and I wore long, cool skirts.

Hi everyone and the newbies :)

Having had a great time in WDW and Universal, we are back and I am looking at the next holiday now, although OH is talking about fitting in a ski holiday between now and then!

WDW was great, we really enjoyed it, more so because we got an upgrade at the Beach Club to Concierge, so we had all the drinks and snacks we could ever wish for, along with breakfast, which we hadn't expected. It was lovely coming back to the hotel in the afternoon, grabbing a chilled Rose and sitting on the balcony - also part of our upgrade!

I am now worrying about our Cat 10B Gty without a window, we haven't cruised for a long time without a window, but checking out the prices today, I was shocked to see there is a $3,000 difference if we went for an outside view! In fact our Cat is no longer available, but the next down, is still over $1,500 from what we paid - albeit with 10% discount. Not sure if this means they are selling really well, or things just haven't moved, but looks like we are stuck with what we have for the time being. If anyone notices any changes in the prices, let me know!!!

Having booked our flights, I am now looking at hotels and I must admit to being a bit overwhelmed, I don't fancy the Novotel again and last years has gone up in price - Jill I love the idea of the W, but not within our budget!!!:confused3

I will keep looking for deals and report back anything that comes up.

Have a good Thanksgiving those in the US!

Hi all: We are not new to Disney or Disney Cruise line, but we are new to the board. I found out about this site on our most recent cruise (9/3/12 - Alaska). We booked the 7/25/13 cruise while onboard the Alaska voyage. It will be my kids' first time to Europe. I really want to get them to Pompeii! I have a 13 year old daughter and 10 year old son. My daughter loves going to The Edge and my son loves Oceaneer's Lab. They are both bummed that there aren't more days at see on this cruise - less time in their 'clubs'. Has a fish extender group been started for this trip? We have never done it before, but it sounds like a lot of fun! I am looking forward to getting to know some fellow cruisers before we sail. We will be in Edinburgh for 4 days prior to heading to Barcelona. Anyone from Edinburgh making the trip?

Carol

Hi. This is my very first time posting!
We include: myself (I'm not saying how old I am!), my husband and son (13) and daughter (10). We are very excited and can't wait for the adventure to begin! This will be our kids first trip to Europe. My husband and I backed packed parts of Europe bk ( before kids!). Should be a slightly different experience!! We have booked a private guide for Naples and area and are taking the train into Rome and meeting our guide there. Haven't planned anything else yet. Our kids are very excited about meeting kids from other countries.

Hi Kelly: We have kids the same age (and we love Canada!). I am sure our kids will cross paths in activities on board! We also backpacked before kids, and recently with kids (we did 5 days in the Olympic national Park prior to the Alaska cruise this September). Nice to meet you!

Carol

Hi. What the heck is a fish extender? I'm new to all the terms here. Happy Thanksgiving to all the Ameican cruisers. The kids were hoping for more days on the ship as well, but I booked gladiator school for them, so they are pretty excited about that.
Kelly.

Hi all: We are not new to Disney or Disney Cruise line, but we are new to the board. I found out about this site on our most recent cruise (9/3/12 - Alaska). We booked the 7/25/13 cruise while onboard the Alaska voyage. It will be my kids' first time to Europe. I really want to get them to Pompeii! I have a 13 year old daughter and 10 year old son. My daughter loves going to The Edge and my son loves Oceaneer's Lab. They are both bummed that there aren't more days at see on this cruise - less time in their 'clubs'. Has a fish extender group been started for this trip? We have never done it before, but it sounds like a lot of fun! I am looking forward to getting to know some fellow cruisers before we sail. We will be in Edinburgh for 4 days prior to heading to Barcelona. Anyone from Edinburgh making the trip?

Carol
Okay, I'm probably messing this up and repeating myself, but how else do you learn!! What is a fish extender?
Kelly

Fish extender: there is a metal fish outside each cabin. The crew tucks stuff behind it, like activity books for the kids for each port, etc. People make hangers for the fish, with a pocket for each person in the cabin. Groups form and there is a 'gift swap' during the cruise. Every day you get presents in your fish extender and you leave presents for others.

Tell me more about gladiator school! This sounds like something my kids would enjoy - especially my 10 year old son. I take it you did this independently of the disney excursions?

Carol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter