• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

7/18/2010 Mickey's Baltic Ballyhoo!! Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Computer Geek Chat!:goodvibes ;) :surfweb:

computer1.gif

We all have our pre set images of geeks.....

computer.jpg

Computer-1.jpg

But not all are the same.

computernerd2.jpg

Computer Geek Chat!:goodvibes ;) :surfweb:

I thought they were speaking greek. :confused3 :surfweb: :dance3: :confused3

This is why I call my personal 'geek squad' when I have computer issues, a good friend of mine. I have no clue how to fix the problems. :confused3 :upsidedow

:sad1:

Hi Everyone. Just thought I'd let you have an update on the FIL business. Unfortunately, it is not good. My FIL passed away on Wednesday night about 8:40 pm. But something wonderful did come out of it. He was released (really shouldn't have been) from the hospital and arrived at his home about 7:15. He managed to crack a joke when the EMTs were placing him in the ambulance, all he wanted to know was whether he had to drive home himself. :upsidedow He managed to hang in long enough to say more final words of wisdom before he slipped into sleep/coma and he was surrounded by his wife, one son (my DH) and his grandchildren and myself. He was in dire pain at the end and was on 10mg of morphine pr hour but he was fully aware of everyone and everything. He never really became delirious or delusional which I am very grateful for. The hospice nurse arrived at 8:25 and he said that he seen him take two shallow breathes but he passed during the inital exam. One of the last persons to see him and hold his hand was my youngest and for this I am eternally gratefull. This was our first "real close loss" and I am extremely proud of how April handled it. I was very worried she would have nightmares but she has handled it like a trooper. She even sat at his bedside until the mortuary guy arrived to pick up the body.

So here is what I will say. As a person who normally has not had to deal with death and on the contrary has avoided talk of death, I was always afraid of thinking about it and wanted to pass in a hospital. But after this experience, I must say, when I pass, if its illness related, I would really love to pass surrounded by my loved ones as my FIL - Larry did - at home. He was in dire pain but he knew we were all there. I expected to have nightmares and be scarred but you kow - other than the normal guilt, Its not been a bad experience at all. We have even been over at my MIL's house every day since his passing and it is not "weird". He passed in the living room but somehow, none of my children are avoiding it. The only thing is that no one is sitting in Grandpa's chair. I believe this might be a bit normal and eventually someone will sit there. Other than that, things are moving ahead. Megan and I have started working on a photo slideshow which we will show at the memorial service and at the banquet. This I believe has helped everyone move on a bit as we had to scan all the pictures before we could start work on the slideshow.

So I want to thank all of you that have kept my family and I in your prayers. I thank you from the bottom of my heart and rest assured that I will do in kind if you ever need me too pray for you or your family. I will probably not be on until after the service which is supposed to occur on Sunday, March 15. From now until then, I am running around with my MIL and DH making arrangements and setting up stuff and picking up out of town guests. We are going to have a Celebration of Life after the memorial service as Larry specifically told us he didn't want any of us to cry over him. So instead, per his wishes, we will celebrate a life well-lived and a man who I can was I was proud to have known.

OK.....on to your regularly scheduled programming.

:grouphug: :flower3:

XOXOXO

Laura

Hi Everyone. Just thought I'd let you have an update on the FIL business. Unfortunately, it is not good. My FIL passed away on Wednesday night about 8:40 pm. But something wonderful did come out of it. He was released (really shouldn't have been) from the hospital and arrived at his home about 7:15. He managed to crack a joke when the EMTs were placing him in the ambulance, all he wanted to know was whether he had to drive home himself. :upsidedow He managed to hang in long enough to say more final words of wisdom before he slipped into sleep/coma and he was surrounded by his wife, one son (my DH) and his grandchildren and myself. He was in dire pain at the end and was on 10mg of morphine pr hour but he was fully aware of everyone and everything. He never really became delirious or delusional which I am very grateful for. The hospice nurse arrived at 8:25 and he said that he seen him take two shallow breathes but he passed during the inital exam. One of the last persons to see him and hold his hand was my youngest and for this I am eternally gratefull. This was our first "real close loss" and I am extremely proud of how April handled it. I was very worried she would have nightmares but she has handled it like a trooper. She even sat at his bedside until the mortuary guy arrived to pick up the body.

So here is what I will say. As a person who normally has not had to deal with death and on the contrary has avoided talk of death, I was always afraid of thinking about it and wanted to pass in a hospital. But after this experience, I must say, when I pass, if its illness related, I would really love to pass surrounded by my loved ones as my FIL - Larry did - at home. He was in dire pain but he knew we were all there. I expected to have nightmares and be scarred but you kow - other than the normal guilt, Its not been a bad experience at all. We have even been over at my MIL's house every day since his passing and it is not "weird". He passed in the living room but somehow, none of my children are avoiding it. The only thing is that no one is sitting in Grandpa's chair. I believe this might be a bit normal and eventually someone will sit there. Other than that, things are moving ahead. Megan and I have started working on a photo slideshow which we will show at the memorial service and at the banquet. This I believe has helped everyone move on a bit as we had to scan all the pictures before we could start work on the slideshow.

So I want to thank all of you that have kept my family and I in your prayers. I thank you from the bottom of my heart and rest assured that I will do in kind if you ever need me too pray for you or your family. I will probably not be on until after the service which is supposed to occur on Sunday, March 15. From now until then, I am running around with my MIL and DH making arrangements and setting up stuff and picking up out of town guests. We are going to have a Celebration of Life after the memorial service as Larry specifically told us he didn't want any of us to cry over him. So instead, per his wishes, we will celebrate a life well-lived and a man who I can was I was proud to have known.

XOXOXO

Laura
#

Laura I am so glad that the end was peaceful for all of you.

"I wish you long life"

:grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

XOXOXO

Laura

As sad as it is that he is gone, it is a wonderful way for him to go, at home surrounded by friends. It's odd, but a good friend of mine here in the city has had a father ill for quite some time and he died at home on Saturday, and we were just talking about how much better that is than being in the hospital in such a cold and clinical environment.

Much love to you, Laura -- my condolences to Steve -- and special admiration for April . . . Be sure and let me know if there is anything I can do and feel free to call . . .:love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

XOXOXO

Laura

Deeply sorry for your loss,:flower3:

XOXOXO

Laura

Laura,
I'm sorry to hear about your FIL. You have described his passing in a very loving way. While it can never be easy to lose some one close to you, seeing it happen peacefully with loved ones around does give some comfort. I will continue to pray for you and your family as you adjust to this change in your family.

Sandra

XOXOXO

Laura
:grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: Wow, thank you so much for sharing that with us........your family and MIL continues to remain in our prayers.........:hug:

Laura, Our deepest sympathies to you and your family. We will continue to keep you all in our thoughts and prayers. :grouphug: :flower3:

In time you will find comfort that he passed away at home surrounded by his loved ones and not by himself in a clinical environment. It's good that he was able to talk with everyone for a little bit. :angel:
I still have the last note my father wrote to me just over 2 years ago, he wanted to make sure that I went down to the beach house and bring back his Wheaties so he could have b'fast every morning. I told him I had already brought them back up for him. Sadly he passed away in his sleep a couple of hours later, at my house, but at least he knew his Wheaties would be waiting for him in the morning.

Laura,

Our hearts go out to you and your family.:love: :love:
You will all be in our prayers. :hug:

It's snowing AGAIN!!! This is just crazy. :confused3 Mother Nature is one confused lady!

Laura, our prayers are going out to you and the family. I'm so sorry for your loss. I'm sure it meant alot to your FIL to be able to go home one last time and die there. :grouphug:

Ok, thx Andrew...........:confused3

I thought they were speaking greek. :confused3 :surfweb: :dance3: :confused3

This is why I call my personal 'geek squad' when I have computer issues, a good friend of mine. I have no clue how to fix the problems. :confused3 :upsidedow

So is it Greek or geek?????

XOXOXO

Laura
Please accept my condolences Laura.

I've been gradually bringing up a new desktop machine. Built this one myself - it's been a while, but none of the machines I found had quite the right combination of features.

Windows? Settle down? What a peculiar concept.... :rolleyes1

I know it's the VISTA :mad: I never had so many problems before. I too bought a HP laptop right before Christmas. Mine is 16" and I have a fingerprint security thingie :confused3 which I haven't figured out how to use. I've got to say there have been some very interesting problems. I am very glad I bought Best Buys' all inclusive 3 year warranty!:idea: ;)

:grouphug: :grouphug:

XOXOXO

Laura

You're right Laura, that would be the best way to pass. I am so glad your children are handling everything so easily. This is probably a great comfort to their grandmother and father. Continued prayers for you and your family.
:grouphug: :grouphug: :flower3: :flower3: :flower3:

Okay so here I am, all caught up and there isn't anyone to play with. I have soooooooooooooooooo much time on my hands. :surfweb: I only have 4 or 5 loads of :laundy: to do. DH wants to go to Costco or Sam's Club, I don't have anything to wear. California really frowns on people going grocery shopping in their night gowns. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :scared1: :scared1: :lmao:
We are back to cool weather. 54 degrees right now at 12:32 pm and cloudy.
Time to get to work. I think the pile :laundy: just multiplied when I wasn't looking~ :scared1:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter