7/18/2010 Mickey's Baltic Ballyhoo!! Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the PC repo cruise this past summer, we stopped at Cabo and Puerto Vallarta, and I would go back to both -- I also heard good things about Matzalan from those who did the 7 night cruises that stopped there. I just didn't care for Acapulco.

We went in October and maybe it was just the excursions we went on. But the humidity way like 120%. I was on an excursion that involved a folk show, shopping and the a buffet at a resort were we could swim. After shopping we had to walk 2 blocks to the resort. It took 10 minutes to change, my clothes were stuck to me. I have never experienced that before.

Congrats JoAnn!

10,000 postings!

Congrats.gif

:dance3: :dance3: :dance3: :dance3: :yay: :yay: :yay: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Hi Everybody. Just checking in to the new thread. There's no way i could keep up with the old one. I did my 3 day intensive board review course last week, and I started another new rotation this week. Only about 10 more weeks until graduation!

Way to go Mike!! It's all down hill from here!;)

Andrew,

Thanks again for all the info. If the Magic will be kept in CA, any ideas about the Wonder?????? I'm assuming the two new ships will take over the Caribbean itineraries as they will be based out of PC??????

Firstly, evening all, working on my new laptop, a bit slow on the internet, but I presume it will speed up.

Only one ship will move in 2011 as the new ships come in 2011 and 2012, There is debate if the first new ship takes over the wonder route or the Magic 7 night routes, I thought the 7 night ones.

I guess Europe will be included and longer carribean cruises when both ships arrive but the old ships will have major refits for a longer drydock

I don't think they'll reinvent the wheel. Carnival and RC have a proven year round business model of 3/4 night cruises out of Long Beach. Visits to Mexico, Catalina, San Diego. DCL does the same 3/4 night gig out of PC on the Wonder.

I think that's most of what you'll see on the West Coast. Lots of package deals with Disneyland. Discounts for annual pass holders. They'll be able to draw not only on the tourist business, but the huge local market (Orlando metropolitan area has 2 million residents, vs 17 million L.A.). Basically treat the ship like a third theme park.

Regarding San Diego - traffic IS a big deal. A huge deal. One can't express in mere words the nature of traffic in the L.A. area. I used to live there, and every time I visit it's worse. Took me 90 minutes last week to get from Burbank to Buena Park (should have been 30 minutes).
Even Disneyland to Long Beach is a mess - San Diego is unimaginable.

Anyway, that's my guess. Wouldn't go against Andrew though - I'm sure he has DCL headquarters wired with hidden listening devices. :rolleyes1

Honolulu is not the definite port to me........we've been to Maui and Kauai and not yet Big Island but all the islands are so amazing..........HAWAII IS MY DEFINITE NOT TO BE MISSED CRUISE local............:banana:

Read...interesting, as on my new laptop and its slooooow, will come back later

We went in October and maybe it was just the excursions we went on. But the humidity way like 120%. I was on an excursion that involved a folk show, shopping and the a buffet at a resort were we could swim. After shopping we had to walk 2 blocks to the resort. It took 10 minutes to change, my clothes were stuck to me. I have never experienced that before.

In Cabo we did a 2 hour private horseback ride along the beach with Red Rose stables (took a taxi there), then took a taxi to the beach, rented a few chairs, some drinks and food, and enjoyed the rest of the day. I thought the water and beach were lovely there -- much like Huntington Beach, CA, which I love. In PV, we ziplined with Los Veranos (again, took a taxi to their place, then a bus from there with their group) -- super fun.

I heard that the water is not very warm in the summer time on the western coast of Mexico. Any truth to it?

Evening all.
I've been working on planning a quick trip to WDW next weekend. Flying down with DD and nephew Thurs. night and then driving back on Sunday with them and my brother - should be interesting. He has to go back and pick up his new Harley that he had to leave in my friend's garage since he didn't want to ride back in the snow Sunday/Monday.

I heard that the water is not very warm in the summer time on the western coast of Mexico. Any truth to it?

Not for me in the middle of August in Cabo -- the water was very warm, with nice big waves and very smooth clean sand.

Evening all.
I've been working on planning a quick trip to WDW next weekend. Flying down with DD and nephew Thurs. night and then driving back on Sunday with them and my brother - should be interesting. He has to go back and pick up his new Harley that he had to leave in my friend's garage since he didn't want to ride back in the snow Sunday/Monday.

Cool! We get to WDW on March 15, which if I am reading your post correctly, is the day you leave:rotfl:

It was fine in late July when we were there........the West Coast cruises had a lot of cool weather in 2005 but our week was excellent each day:goodvibes

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter