7/14/2014 - 12-Night Mediterranean Cruise (with Greece) Venice to Barcelona

Hi Kevin,

How old are your kids again? are you thinking of leaving them on the ship to head over? I think the DCL tour is 7.5 to 8 hours itself.

I'm also researching charters. It appears to be a half hour to 45 min sail to get to the island from Grand Harbor over to Gozo, then travel time over to Dwejra. I don't think the island is that large.

As a side note, if I wasn't such a Game of Thrones addict, I would probably save myself a lot of headache. (an episode was filmed there; adding to the Greece movie locations! lol)

Hi Kevin,

How old are your kids again? are you thinking of leaving them on the ship to head over? I think the DCL tour is 7.5 to 8 hours itself.

I'm also researching charters. It appears to be a half hour to 45 min sail to get to the island from Grand Harbor over to Gozo, then travel time over to Dwejra. I don't think the island is that large.

As a side note, if I wasn't such a Game of Thrones addict, I would probably save myself a lot of headache. (an episode was filmed there; adding to the Greece movie locations! lol)

My kids are 9, 4, and 1. I can't leave my 4 yr old on the ship for the 8 hours, so I'm looking for an alternative. Plus I think he'd enjoy the trip over to Gozo.

Game of Thrones has been the main motivating factor for us to want to go over there as well :)

that is too funny - I knew it! I'm an avid photographer, and am so excited about the lands over there overall. You're right, it sounds like heaven to a 4-year old. I'll see about charters, and you could have a built-in baby-sitter with my daughter!

that is too funny - I knew it! I'm an avid photographer, and am so excited about the lands over there overall. You're right, it sounds like heaven to a 4-year old. I'll see about charters, and you could have a built-in baby-sitter with my daughter!

I highly recommend Peter Vincenti at Mañana Yacht Charter maltasailingacademy.com

We have him and his personal boat chartered but he works with other boats and skippers. His email is peterellulvincenti@gmail.com. We chartered his boat when we did the med cruise in 2011. By far our favorite day. We had the entire boat to ourselves and went where we wanted. Perfect for our family of 5 and less than the Disney Turkish schooner excursion, plus we had a fantastic meal. He even let our kids man the wheel. I posted about it and put a link on the fb group page a while back.

I highly recommend Peter Vincenti at Mañana Yacht Charter maltasailingacademy.com

We have him and his personal boat chartered but he works with other boats and skippers. His email is peterellulvincenti@gmail.com. We chartered his boat when we did the med cruise in 2011. By far our favorite day. We had the entire boat to ourselves and went where we wanted. Perfect for our family of 5 and less than the Disney Turkish schooner excursion, plus we had a fantastic meal. He even let our kids man the wheel. I posted about it and put a link on the fb group page a while back.

Thank you for posting that here as well, I appreciate it! I am not on Facebook - off to ask him now. thank you.

...my docs just arrived. I won't be able to work for the rest of the day. I don't care how many times I sail, this day never gets old. pixie dust:

and after review, I see that Kusadasi is showing an onboard time of 6:45PM again. LOL

When is pirate night? Does it say on your docs or is it still TBA?

I'm so nervous about my mum's surgery on Monday. Please send lots of pixie dust.

Let me know what you find out. If you're interested in splitting a charter to Gozo, we might be game.

When is pirate night? Does it say on your docs or is it still TBA?

I'm so nervous about my mum's surgery on Monday. Please send lots of pixie dust.

I'm sorry, Pirate Night is not noted, it says only that we will have one. I called, and it is Wednesday, 7/23, the day at Sea, if that helps.

I do have a berth number in Venice for someone who asked. it's Terminal 117, if that helps anyone.

Kevin - you are a party of five, is that correct?

And here, SLG, this is for your mom:

pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust:

Darn it! I have my palo booked on July 22. Now I can't change of course to the 23 as it is sold out. I wonder why they changed it from the 22 to the 23? Grrrr.

Does anyone know how I could switch my palo dates? Where/when do I do this?

I just don't want to miss any new menu.

Anyone know what time the early shows are going to be now that the dinner is at 8:45? My palo is for 8 but I don't want to miss any shows!

Any advice welcome.

Thanks for the pixie dust.

I'm sorry, Pirate Night is not noted, it says only that we will have one. I called, and it is Wednesday, 7/23, the day at Sea, if that helps.

I do have a berth number in Venice for someone who asked. it's Terminal 117, if that helps anyone.

Kevin - you are a party of five, is that correct?

And here, SLG, this is for your mom:

pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust:

Yes, 5.

My reservation itinerary still shows Pirate Night being the 9th day, Santorini day. Did DCL include a notice in your DOC's or was this information from a phone check in ?

So next 5 weekends have to fit in finishing all pending work so I can be gone for 3 weeks, small price to pay for this itinerary though, right :surfweb:

In Barcelona we are staying for two nights at the AC Hotel Victoria Suites....anyone else?

Tried to get an email for them but nothing...Marriott tried calling them but got a busy....

trying to find out if they have a shuttle from the port to the hotel...

Anyone staying at a Marriott in Barcelona?

We are staying at Renaissance Barcelona, Pau Claris, 122 Barcelona. Looks like it is at a convenient location close to all the attractions I want to visit. Don't think there is a shuttle either.

We are staying at Renaissance Barcelona, Pau Claris, 122 Barcelona. Looks like it is at a convenient location close to all the attractions I want to visit. Don't think there is a shuttle either.

We stayed at the Renaissance last year. Casa Batllo is a block away and is a must do. Casa Batllo also has a nighttime 3D Projection Mapping show (like Disney's "Celebrate the Magc" show on the castle.). You'll have to cab it to most other places, but it's a quick ride. Let me know if you have any questions.

My reservation itinerary still shows Pirate Night being the 9th day, Santorini day. Did DCL include a notice in your DOC's or was this information from a phone check in ?

MPS, there was nothing in my docs about pirate night, semi, or formal nights, just that it would be scheduled (and that schedules are subject to change.) I went to my online itinerary, and see it on both Day 9, and Day 10 now, same times. When I call in, they tell me that it's still tentative on both day 9 and day 10, on one calendar, and day 9 on another, and day 10 on another.

I am getting a bit irritated at the lack of consistencies. Kusadasi is in the printed docs as being back at a 6:45 departure time too, but DCL is reporting that both 4:45 and 6:45 are reported internally.

I know things are subject to change, and it usually takes a ton for me to get irritated by scheduling changes, I just wish whatever departments internally (like if there's a data entry error online, or whatever) need to talk to figure it out, would.

Kevin, i dropped the ball on follow up last night, had to go take care of my mom. I will send the emails today.

Oh the poor website people, it is so hard for them to keep up. We have cruises where the map has been a completely different itinerary, ports of call have been in different countries and on our last Panama crossing they had us crossing twice. For our November Food and Wine at WDW they have tied at least two different couple's ADR's to our reservation, hope they got into Ohana last night, guest services did not seem to know what was happening.

Oh well, 32 more days and we'll be in Venice. :banana:

Oh the poor website people, it is so hard for them to keep up. We have cruises where the map has been a completely different itinerary, ports of call have been in different countries and on our last Panama crossing they had us crossing twice. For our November Food and Wine at WDW they have tied at least two different couple's ADR's to our reservation, hope they got into Ohana last night, guest services did not seem to know what was happening.

Oh well, 32 more days and we'll be in Venice. :banana:

Thanks MPS, your note is greatly appreciated, and you are right, it's hard to keep up, I am sure. Disney is so huge. The last thing I wanted to do was add to SLG's stress, and i'm feeling rather terrible since I appear to have done just that.

anyone staying in Venice at the Boscola? Their site says airport transportation but now that I have questioned them it is 130 Euros!
We will have a rental car and it needs to be dropped off at the airport.
Any suggestions on how to get to the hotel?

Our docs came yesterday too!!!

We stayed at the Renaissance last year. Casa Batllo is a block away and is a must do. Casa Batllo also has a nighttime 3D Projection Mapping show (like Disney's "Celebrate the Magc" show on the castle.). You'll have to cab it to most other places, but it's a quick ride. Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks, Kevin. Did not know about the show. I will look into it to see if I can fit it into Sunday night. So much to do, so little time. :)

The Metro seems to be pretty close & I plan on using it if convenient. If not, the cab is there.

DOC's arrived today :cheer2:

We are doing 2 Disney excursions, one is 6:45am :scared1: DD is not going to be happy at all about this.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter