7/14/2014 - 12-Night Mediterranean Cruise (with Greece) Venice to Barcelona

So, we are totally new to cruising and signed up pretty late for this trip. But we are so excited! Is it too late to participate in the fish extenders? We have kids 12, 10, and 8.

Sadly, yes. The sign-up closed on May 15 because people had to have time to shop or make their gifts and many were leaving home earlier than the cruise departure date for pre-cruise travels.

Sadly, yes. The sign-up closed on May 15 because people had to have time to shop or make their gifts and many were leaving home earlier than the cruise departure date for pre-cruise travels.

No problem. Thanks for letting us know. See you all soon!

Maybe a silly question, but does anyone know if the "air conditioned motor coaches" that DCL uses for port adventures (particularly in Athens and Ephesus) have bathrooms on them? I'm guessing that is a U.S. luxury, but would be nice to know, especially when traveling with children.

In 2010 Malta and 2013 Columbia the answer would be no, both all day excursions. I also don't believe there were any on the Alaska DCL excursion we took, but that was more of a transport to the actual excursion. :crazy2:

So, we are totally new to cruising and signed up pretty late for this trip. But we are so excited! Is it too late to participate in the fish extenders? We have kids 12, 10, and 8.[/QU

We will add you to our list if you let us know your room number.

Hi

We were originally booked on this cruise, but pushed it onto next year (Dover Baltics), as we had won a Luxury Safari holiday in a raffle.

We leave for Tanzania tomorrow and whilst excited to be going to Africa, are sorry to not be part of all your planning, which I have been following!

I hope you all have a wonderful trip, it sounds fun, say 'hi' to the mouse from us.

:wave2:

Hi

We were originally booked on this cruise, but pushed it onto next year (Dover Baltics), as we had won a Luxury Safari holiday in a raffle.

We leave for Tanzania tomorrow and whilst excited to be going to Africa, are sorry to not be part of all your planning, which I have been following!

I hope you all have a wonderful trip, it sounds fun, say 'hi' to the mouse from us.

:wave2:

Hello again Kate :wave2:

Which Baltic are you on next summer ? We are doing the 12 night out of Dover and have been waiting for this to come back since we missed it in 2010.

Enjoy your Safari and I look forward to hearing about it.

Micex5

If you will let me know your room number I will be happy to exchange FE gifts, too.

Diane

:smickey:

Looks like rain in Venice on Sunday and Monday :-( Hoping that it's light showers and not a full-day downpour! Hadn't planned on packing ponchos, but perhaps I'll try to squeeze them into the suitcases. I guess they could be thrown out if they end up taking up too much space later in the trip.

I saw that this morning too (but only for Monday), and photo geek that I am, I'm rather excited by it (sorry, don't hate me!)

If you don't like ponchos, what about an umbrella? Would you like that better?

I'm also surprised by how much cooler than I expected it was going to be, outside of Athens. it's been miserably warm and muggy around here for the past week or so, so feeling a bit acclimated.

IMPORTANT REMINDERS:
Dinner in Venice - Sunday night, 7/13, meet at restaurant at 6:30 p.m. to "check in" with me and be seated. If you signed up, please do not forget to show up. So many people wanted to come and we ran out of seats, so please, please show up!

Embarkation Day meet-up - 2:30 in Promenade Lounge. Come say "hi" to your fellow cruisers. If anyone in the Fish Extender Exchange has had a cabin change since the list was circulated, please be sure to show up and let us all know so that your gifts get delivered to your new cabin number.

After-Dinner Drinks - 10:00 each evening in O'Gills (the pub)

Mixology - If you filled out the form, you are on the list with DCL and you will be charged for it. Currently, we are scheduled for July 16 at 3:00 p.m. You will receive confirmation and any updates directly from DCL.

Looking forward to seeing everyone!!!

Well, it is so unfortunate that I did not get on here at all. I'm usually always on here for cruises, but this year I just got busy or lazy or both. :rolleyes1 I enjoy sharing and receiving information. I am still working out final details and it is Wednesday!!!! :scared1: My kids aren't very happy with me (FE). haha Well, all that being said.....I hope you DISers have a wonderful cruise and I'm sure I'll end up running into someone from the DIS. Happy Cruising!!! :yay:

IMPORTANT REMINDERS:
Dinner in Venice - Sunday night, 7/13, meet at restaurant at 6:30 p.m. to "check in" with me and be seated. If you signed up, please do not forget to show up. So many people wanted to come and we ran out of seats, so please, please show up!

Embarkation Day meet-up - 2:30 in Promenade Lounge. Come say "hi" to your fellow cruisers. If anyone in the Fish Extender Exchange has had a cabin change since the list was circulated, please be sure to show up and let us all know so that your gifts get delivered to your new cabin number.

After-Dinner Drinks - 10:00 each evening in O'Gills (the pub)

Mixology - If you filled out the form, you are on the list with DCL and you will be charged for it. Currently, we are scheduled for July 16 at 3:00 p.m. You will receive confirmation and any updates directly from DCL.

Looking forward to seeing everyone!!!

Thanks for the reminder, we are anxious to meet everyone. Just throwing the last things in our bags and we will head to the airport just after noon tomorrow. We will be the people at Marco Polo on Fri morning, tired but bubbling with excitement on our first visit to Venice.

URGENT RE: MIXOLOGY --- I have just received an email saying that our private mixology session is on the 15th at 4:00 p.m.. If you are on the list for Mixology and this presents a problem for you, please let me know ASAP so that I can find out if there is any way you can cancel.

The itinerary for Kusadasi is now showing as 4:45PM in both spots, and it may change to 6:45PM (which is "unlikely" at this time)

Movies:
Finding Nemo 3d
Planes
Frozen
Frozen Singalong
Saving Mr. Banks
Need for Speed
Muppets Most Wanted
Captain America - Winter Soldier
Disney's Nature - Bear
Million Dollar Arm
Maleficent

The Splender of the Seas arrived at 6:15 this morning and Tugs headed back out I suspect for another. Mega yacht from Georgetown parked outside hotel, Mega being the key word here.

Ok, 6:40 a NCL coming in

The Splender of the Seas arrived at 6:15 this morning and Tugs headed back out I suspect for another. Mega yacht from Georgetown parked outside hotel, Mega being the key word here.

Ok, 6:40 a NCL coming in

omg what a great report! I hope you have your camera in hand for Monday!

Looked liked they took ships out of port in reverse order, last in first out. The Friday night departure was about the same time was tonight and all had tugs to keep the line. I am certainly going to check in the morning to see if anyone comes in and hope they keep to a similar schedule, can't wait to greet the remained Magic as she comes in.

So if she arrives this afternoon it should be between 3 and 3:30 along Bacino Di Marco

She came through the lagoon about 30 minutes ago and looks beautiful

Can't wait to board tomorrow.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter